rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Thank you voters and woot and coincedental birthdays.

I was all super pumped to do a shirt about the discovery of holes in our lovely ozone layer... and then I wikied video games of 1985.

The rest is history. And those who control the past, sayeth the plumber, control the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Or something....
heylookyoutube

LurkingGrue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LurkingGrue
snmurphy95 wrote:The only thing that annoys me is that so many people forget that Mario was a carpenter.

That was before his meeting.

It is pitch black.

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando

when did shirts go from $10 to $12?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Gobenlando wrote:when did shirts go from $10 to $12?

Answers can be found herein.

Gobenlando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gobenlando
PocketBrain wrote:It's good that Woot is finally doing a SMB-themed shirt. I am so happy to see this fresh, brand-new idea.

Another cool idea: do internet memes. The hilarity! :-)

They have had smash brothers shirts before. The da vinci diagram of the blue shell comes to mind.

TattooGigolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TattooGigolo

The perfect shirt for #2

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
Gobenlando wrote:They have had smash brothers shirts before. The da vinci diagram of the blue shell comes to mind.

He was being sarcastic. There have been plenty of Mario-related designs here over the years.

glendower

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glendower

There's definitely a lot to be said for his accomplishments in 1985, but the determination he showed in 1981 was pretty remarkable. His perseverance in the face of utter futility is commendable. 1983 also good, but I'm not sure what he was trying to do, ultimately, other than clear out a variety of crawly things from the sewer. 1985 probably does deserve the nod, however, because he finally saved her from captivity.

It would be a fun little minigame for someone with the wherewithal to program it to make a game that involves Bowser stealing the princess from Donkey Kong. I know that's almost definitely not in the canon, but it would be a fun bridge story. And, hey, who doesn't want to play Bowser in his very own adventure? I should pitch this to nintendo!

glendower

quality posts: 4 Private Messages glendower
teenracer6 wrote:I was hoping for the DOS prompt shirt...

Is Errorware still up and running? They had dos screens... though there aren't a lot of fatal DOS errors. Beyond BAD COMMAND OR FILE NAME and OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND, there aren't a lot that don't end in a hard lock.

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

Love it! In for one again today.

bolligra

quality posts: 33 Private Messages bolligra
rasabi wrote:Thank you voters and woot and coincedental birthdays.

I was all super pumped to do a shirt about the discovery of holes in our lovely ozone layer... and then I wikied video games of 1985.

The rest is history. And those who control the past, sayeth the plumber, control the future: who controls the present controls the past.

Or something....
heylookyoutube

heylookyoutube is pretty good!

As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

sunsetrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunsetrose

Shout out to Eburg!

rasabi

sunsetrose wrote:Shout out to Eburg!

Gasp! Wave if you see me. I'll be at ABC Donuts or the chinese buffet place and nowhere else.

oddlyjen

quality posts: 25 Private Messages oddlyjen
Narfcake wrote:He was being sarcastic. There have been plenty of Mario-related designs here over the years.

There's been at least four, my family can (and has) gone out in public with each of us wearing a different Mario themed woot shirt.

loganfre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfre

I was ready to jump on this until I saw the date printed on the bottom. I would feel rather silly with a random year on my shirt.

Narfcake

loganfre wrote:I was ready to jump on this until I saw the date printed on the bottom. I would feel rather silly with a random year on my shirt.

Not random - Super Mario Bros. came out in 1985.

loganfre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfre
Narfcake wrote:Not random - Super Mario Bros. came out in 1985.

Random for me. Not exactly a first for Mario either.

fox489

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fox489

Well....since my grandfather, uncles, father, brother, and myself were/are all plumbers....this shirt is very fitting to buy.

Father gets one because he truly is the worlds greatest plumber.

Brother gets one because he only owns Mario games and a SNES.....also was born in 85.

And i will spoil myself because i have always been a huge gamer with mild plumbing skills.

Curse you for hitting an entire family with 1 design. IN FOR THREE!!!!!

Narfcake

Debut day: 3280 on AA blanks.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: dmfallwell
Last purchase time: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:58:44 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 26.326s
Woot wage: $3,753.37
Woots sold: 3279

Last wooter to woot: shansbro
Last purchase time: Saturday, February 25, 2012, 11:59:42 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 26.336s
Woot wage: $3,750.85
Woots sold: 3280

Last wooter to woot: angelamandia
Last purchase time: Sunday, February 26, 2012, 12:03:08 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 26.390s
Woot wage: $3,741.91
Woots sold: 3281

First day sales 3280

rasabi

Just a heads up to the world of woot. I'm giving away a free shirt on my Facebook Page. Shipped overnight even :P

I'll pick out a winner tomorrow night! All you have to do is share and/or like the FB post.

Thanks again everyone !

sunsetrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunsetrose
rasabi wrote:Gasp! Wave if you see me. I'll be at ABC Donuts or the chinese buffet place and nowhere else.

Brownies from Vinman's!

freckledphoebe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freckledphoebe

I just want to warn everyone to start checking your bank statements. Shirt.woot charged me twice after a recent purchase. Even though their own records show that I only purchased one shirt and I only received one shirt, my bank statement shows they charged me twice for it. It just might be the last time I purchase anything from shirt.woot.

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

freckledphoebe wrote:I just want to warn everyone to start checking your bank statements. Shirt.woot charged me twice after a recent purchase. Even though their own records show that I only purchased one shirt and I only received one shirt, my bank statement shows they charged me twice for it. It just might be the last time I purchase anything from shirt.woot.

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

did woot switch from american apparel tees?
i have ordered dozens of large size shirts over the last few years and this one seems very different in size and shape. my first purchase since the price hike so i'm wondering if something other than the price changed. tag says L...

edit: there was also that Barrels of Crud with all the fruit of the loom shirts. are these fruit of the loom now?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

AlienZulu wrote:did woot switch from american apparel tees?
i have ordered dozens of large size shirts over the last few years and this one seems very different in size and shape. my first purchase since the price hike so i'm wondering if something other than the price changed. tag says L...

edit: there was also that Barrels of Crud with all the fruit of the loom shirts. are these fruit of the loom now?

Informational links for you, taken from one of the official mod's posts:

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu
goldenthorn wrote:Informational links for you, taken from one of the official mod's posts:

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

thanks for the links
i wasn't aware there was a switch in the works. after going back and reading this thread i see that everyone is saying this shirt is on an American Apparel blank so maybe i'm wrong on the size/shape of this shirt. although i'm pretty sure it does fit differently...

that being said, i'm disappointed to hear about the change to future shirts. the $2 price increase made it harder for me to justify buying shirts here anymore but this change just made it impossible.

after 61 shirts dating back to 7/23/07 (the launch shirt) i'm officially done buying here.
thanks for the wardrobe.

proteo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages proteo

I have purchased on 2/25/2012 one T-Shirt "1985: Year of the Plumber". The order number is 36996130 and the tracking number for the package is FIMS-36996130 - FIMS.
It was supposed to arrive in 5 business days, however I still haven´t received the package.
I was wondering if you could tell me if something wrong happened. And when will I receive my T shirt.
Thank you in Advance,

PS: I wrote to service@woot.com several times but the email was rejected...

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

proteo wrote:I have purchased on 2/25/2012 one T-Shirt "1985: Year of the Plumber". The order number is 36996130 and the tracking number for the package is FIMS-36996130 - FIMS.
It was supposed to arrive in 5 business days, however I still haven´t received the package.
I was wondering if you could tell me if something wrong happened. And when will I receive my T shirt.
Thank you in Advance,

PS: I wrote to service@woot.com several times but the email was rejected...

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com. The email address is correct and you should not receive a rejection notice.