Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Skyline

A few comments. First, the theme of the derby says to make up ONE word out of objects. This doesn't seem to meet that criteria.

Second, all submissions must include the shirt composition, to let voters know where on the shirt you want this to print. Without that, it will be rejected.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: The Rats of NIMH

Why can't you run this?

NIMH stands for "National Institute of Mental Health", so it's not trademarked or copyrighted.

jhgalvas

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jhgalvas
Re: Curiosity

Finally a cat shirt I would consider wearing! (that's closer than I've ever been before)

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
Re: Fungi

Gorgeous! And perfect color choice.

meedox

Re: retro at heart

A very elegant design. Bravo.

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros

Also, only one color allowed.

meedox

Re: Magic

Simple and adorable! Great design.

BambooDrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BambooDrew
Re: After All This Time

IDK about you but the first thing I thought of was ALWAYS tampons cause they always have tv commercials. I get the HP reference but I have a feeling people are going to think I'm wearing a shirt for tampons.

meedox

Re: Viral

Wonderfully creepy!

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
Re: Starving Artist V2

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

catmandux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catmandux
omarfeliciano wrote:If this design wins, I pledge to donate $500 to the "Invisible Children" movement.

How to Determine If a Charity Like Kony 2012 Is Worth Your Money

Wouldn't it be better to donate that money to one of the charities Invisible Children gives grants to. I mean if I was giving $500 to a charity, I'd want every dollar to count. I understand there is overhead to every charity, but only about 20% of the money get goes to actual charities. That $500 quickly becomes less than $100 after those charities' overhead.

hpesoj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hpesoj
Re: The Rats of NIMH

Very cool design - my Erlenmeyer Flasks are jealous!

lyonscc

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=61311]

Can someone post a link to a similar shirt? I've done several searches and can't find one.

hpesoj

Re: Qwerty

Rejection coming?

hpesoj

Re: Alien Invaders

8-bit Copyright?

zerglingfood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zerglingfood
Re: Equation

I like it... but I'd like it more without the chalk tray and piece of chalk.

shaunesay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaunesay
Re: Curiosity

I feel guilty for liking this, being a cat lover! lol! Definitely well thought out though!

snmasters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snmasters
lyonscc wrote:Can someone post a link to a similar shirt? I've done several searches and can't find one.

This the the closest I could find.
http://www.mrcloud.com/t-shirts/cookie-monster-t-shirt.html/

scrabblefish

quality posts: 13 Private Messages scrabblefish

That's some tough love!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Great work!!!:D

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Inconceivable (V2)

Re-subbed this design with a few changes.
Vizzini (Shawn Wallace) and Fezzik (Andre the Giant) with more cartoon like features or caricatures and less realistic. Also made the six-fingered hand right handed. Re-votes are greatly appreciated.

besunami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages besunami
Re: Inconceivable (V2)

I enjoy the Princess Bride references you incorporated. I wish it was a little easier to read without being told the pictures form "inconceivable".

garnetfirebird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garnetfirebird
Re: Make Him Famous

The giraffes kind of look like they're having sex.

besunami

Elegant. Beautiful. A little bittersweet. This was so well done. I applaud you and hope very much that it prints. This would also make a lovely card for a special someone.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
wirdou wrote:Great work!!!:D

Thank you mate!

besunami

Re: Read

Well done! Another lit major, former English teacher/librarian/bookseller, and writer truly appreciates the work you put into this. Thanks for liking to the larger pictures so we can see all the details.

besunami

Re: Monster

I immediately recognized your style! You excel at making monsters fierce but cute. Another great design! I wish you could have used multiple colors. That would really make this design pop!

lyonscc

hpesoj wrote:Very cool design - my Erlenmeyer Flasks are jealous!

Thanks. No clue why they "can't run this". Is there any way to get an actual explanation from the moderator to appeal?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
toby8915 wrote:the coffee cat t shirt is not a similar shirt. there are tons of other coffee stain shirts , so if this rejected due to that shirt, than that shirt should never have printed. If it is not that shirt please link to the similar shirt. someone linked to a type face, but not a shirt.

Coffee cats printed 10/2010, so who knows if it predated the shirts you mentioned.
I did a quick google and came up with this, so it's a lost cause, I'm afraid.
http://www.zazzle.com/coffee_stained_tshirt-235737239675201499

edit: fixed the link

move along

lyonscc

snmasters wrote:This the the closest I could find.
http://www.mrcloud.com/t-shirts/cookie-monster-t-shirt.html/

Yeah - I just found that one, too, but it's not all that similar. This is my second rejection tonight with no good explanation... I'm somewhat pissed that we don't get enough explanation when a design is rejected to know what was actually wrong with the design or if it can be fixed.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
timelessblur wrote:but even then it could be viewed as thief and not an original idea.

I don't know that the word "thief" is warranted here, but the idea has clearly been done before. Even though Woot! did specify "Similar shirts exist" (it's nice when they provide a link) and I agree that Coffee Stain Cats doesn't seem similar enough to be a problem, the artwork linked from the other submission is sufficient grounds for rejection.

lyonscc

stingray69 wrote:I don't know that the word "thief" is warranted here, but the idea has clearly been done before. Even though Woot! did specify "Similar shirts exist" (it's nice when they provide a link) and I agree that Coffee Stain Cats doesn't seem similar enough to be a problem the artwork linked from the other submission is sufficient grounds for rejection.

I agree. The rejectionator seems to have a hair-trigger tonight w/o visible grounds for rejections.

ritaroobias

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ritaroobias

Holy... oh... oh gosh...

GMV...

I can't think of what else to say. Ummm... thank you.

PLEASE PRINT

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
Re: Read

Loving the details, my favorite is the Cheshire Cat (: And I'm glad to see not everyone is as lazy as me and actually took advantage of the extra time haha.

dreadwood

What can I say, I love fish sticks (;

caladria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caladria
Re: X-Gene

Yes. My very dear dear friend is such a mutant and requires this shirt. Therefore, let it be printed. Also, my husband is a mutant, and it isn't because his last name is Logan and he wishes he were Wolverine...

dreadwood

Re: Ninja

Aw man, you've done it again. How you execute simple ideas in such an appealing way is awesome. +1

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo

Thanks a lot, I got the same problem too. You can always get people back by just shaking your head in their general direction. lol

I wish I could have put more than one word on this shirt, though. Even thought about putting a question mark next to the word, but I was afraid it'd be rejected for being more than "one" word. Ah well...

dreadwood

Re: one

Wow, this is a shirt I'd actually wear. I wish it was getting more votes. Awesome work on all of the little details Jasneko (: The thumbnail doesn't look like your usual work, I was pleasantly surprised to see the artist.

scmaxwell08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scmaxwell08

PLEASE PRINT THIS! Oh My Gookie! !