ellenbhawk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellenbhawk
lisaviolet wrote:It's not curiosity killing our cats, it's kidney disease.

I usually get the cat shirts, I won't be getting this one.

I hear you - I've been there.

cake eater

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cake eater

curiousity may have killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought him back!

why bother reading 3 previous pages of worthless posts?

forum option changes may take a few minutes. just relax

waldojim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waldojim

Fantastic design. Normally I would buy. Not today though, maybe if they do a reprint on AA shirts...

xanaos

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xanaos

I'm fairly certain the "Satisfaction brought him back" has been a later addition to the original "Curiosity killed the cat" saying.
The Year 1598 saw the first record of "Care'll kill a cat"
and, after some internet research, the earliest printing using "Satisfaction brought him back" found is 1933.

Which makes more sense than someone making a warning proverb, only to immediately invalidate it.

lendoh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lendoh

Was that the same cat all nine times?

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat
FretlessM wrote:It goes "As I was going to St. Ives, I met a man with seven wives. Every wife had seven sacks. Every sack had seven cats. Every cat had seven kids. Kids, cats, sacks, wives... how many were going to St. Ives?"

=) So yeah, the cats were in there somewhere.

One.

Scuds20

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Scuds20

This shirt is too funny. It is probably the first shirt that my DW has REALLY been interested in. I think I found what I'm using my first ever Jumbowoot coupon for!

Really awesome design Collin!

katjim00

quality posts: 7 Private Messages katjim00

I just noticed the 2nd "i" has a speech bubble above it... would have been cute as a mouse

Either way I bought it the instant I woke up this morning. It was one of two I really liked in the derby... now to hope I like the Anvil shirts!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

katjim00 wrote:I just noticed the 2nd "i" has a speech bubble above it... would have been cute as a mouse

I'm pretty sure that's a ball of yarn. If it were a mouse then it would make cat lovers AND rodent lovers sad.

@Collin: Don't be shy, put a comment up here! You usually get a free quality post.

katjim00

ochopika wrote:I'm pretty sure that's a ball of yarn. If it were a mouse then it would make cat lovers AND rodent lovers sad.

@Collin: Don't be shy, put a comment up here! You usually get a free quality post.

Oooh! That makes alot more sense than a speech bubble LOL

katjim00

WOW! I just received shipping confirmation! Thanks woot!

akshipley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akshipley

Love it !!!

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

This is a fine opportunity for snobs to present their Latin: The dead cats are not humorous per se.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
katjim00 wrote:Oooh! That makes alot more sense than a speech bubble LOL

It is well; the internet has enough cats with speech attached, no?

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 2876, all on imported Anvil blanks.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: bagofcrap
Last purchase time: Friday, March 16, 2012, 11:57:38 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 30.003s
Woot wage: $3,004.94
Woots sold: 2875

Last wooter to woot: marylatw
Last purchase time: Friday, March 16, 2012, 11:59:11 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 30.024s
Woot wage: $3,752.16
Woots sold: 2876

Last wooter to woot: jayarch
Last purchase time: Saturday, March 17, 2012, 12:11:32 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 30.272s
Woot wage: $3,720.23
Woots sold: 2877

First day sales 2876

collinvh

quality posts: 61 Private Messages collinvh

Thanks for all the support and comments! It's awesome this design has been well received. I'd like to remind everyone, no actual kitties were harmed in the making of this shirt.

Great write up woot! Thanks everyone else for comments, the votes (which really made it happen), and of course anyone who purchased my first woot print

Additional Post:

You've really outdone yourselves woot! Please be sure to thank the production team. They did an amazing job on the shirt. Thanks
- collinvh live on the scene.

daver1617

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daver1617

What tops off the design for me, is that curiosity is also a 9 letter word! 9 lives get it! Haha.

I know it took far too long to make that connection.

zcbmarne

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zcbmarne
collinvh wrote:Thanks for all the support and comments! It's awesome this design has been well received. I'd like to remind everyone, no actual kitties were harmed in the making of this shirt.

Great write up woot! Thanks everyone else for comments, the votes (which really made it happen), and of course anyone who purchased my first woot print

Additional Post:

You've really outdone yourselves woot! Please be sure to thank the production team. They did an amazing job on the shirt. Thanks
- collinvh live on the scene.

Well, I just received my shirts. I bought 3. One for me and one each for a couple of people I work for. And although I love the idea, the transfer itself onto the shirt does NOT do it justice. I have a feeling I will be explaining the evidence markers to just about everybody because they are so unclear on the shirts, not crisp like in the picture above. I had high hopes for this shirt but am very disappointed in Woots transfer of the image to the tee. This will have me thinking seriously on another purchase of an image that has detail.

avidan111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avidan111

I suppose curiosity didn't develop into intelligence then? Poor cat...

"Don't believe in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

collinvh

zcbmarne wrote:Well, I just received my shirts. I bought 3. One for me and one each for a couple of people I work for. And although I love the idea, the transfer itself onto the shirt does NOT do it justice. I have a feeling I will be explaining the evidence markers to just about everybody because they are so unclear on the shirts, not crisp like in the picture above. I had high hopes for this shirt but am very disappointed in Woots transfer of the image to the tee. This will have me thinking seriously on another purchase of an image that has detail.

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your shirts. That's really a bummer! The picture I posted above is the actual printed shirt I received from woot (men's large). If you look closely you can see the halftone screen and the shirt fabric textures in the photo. I noticed the imprint on a women's small (that my wife received) wasn't quite as clear. I think this is due to shrinking the imprint to fit the size of the shirt. With that said, I'm still very happy with how all three shirts turned out (ML, WS, K10). You may want to try sending a picture over to woot.

starastarb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starastarb

I have to agree that the great idea didn't translate well to the shirt. I'd also like to note that, after a number of purchases where the women's small fit me fine (I buy XS at places with that option, so took a gamble the first time I bought a Woot shirt, hoping S would work), this one is baggy on me. Not sure if they changed the shirts they're using or what. (If so, I'm afraid Woot will have to join the list of sites I can't buy from...which would suck, because there are so many shirts I like on here.)

I still think the design is a great idea and it looked fine on my screen. So don't want the designer to take this as a criticism of their work.

Any Woot shirt staff check these and have insight on the fitting issue? (I'll probably shoot you a message elsewhere if I don't hear from you here.) Anyone else find that the fit on this one seemed larger than past shirts?

collinvh

Yes, woot changed their shirt vendor recently. Interesting to check out the 1000+ comments about the change too.

There was a noticeable difference between the look of the print on the ML compared to the WS and kids shirts I received. The mens is bright white but the others appear to be more of a light grey ink. My bother also noted the same differences on his two shirts. I'll gather them up over the next few days and post a photo of the three prints side by side.

Narfcake

starastarb wrote:... Not sure if they changed the shirts they're using or what. (If so, I'm afraid Woot will have to join the list of sites I can't buy from...which would suck, because there are so many shirts I like on here.) ...

They changed the shirts.

(The following stolen from Thunderthighs)

DISCUSSION THREADS

Inflational Material: Daily Shirt.Woot Prices Go Up By $2
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

starastarb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starastarb
Narfcake wrote:They changed the shirts.

Well, rubbish. I'll have to keep in eye on the blogs. No more shirts for me until they change back

I guess they're saving me money, right?

Thanks for the host of links.

Narfcake

starastarb wrote:... I guess they're saving me money, right?

That's the only bright side to all this ... I would've bought 14 more shirts if they were on the old blanks.

Right now, they're in the tail end of the transition, so note the sizing charts for the country of origin before ordering ... if it says USA, it's the old blanks. If it says Honduras, it's the new blanks.

Oh, and you're welcome. A misinformed Wooter is a peeved Wooter.

collinvh

As promised here's a photo of the three shirts *top-bottom ML, WS, K10*
disclaimer: These were taken with my cell phone and under yellow lighting.

pattynoble71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattynoble71

I am a total cat person and I think this shirt is funny and I just ordered one.

ethereal77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ethereal77
collinvh wrote:I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your shirts. That's really a bummer! The picture I posted above is the actual printed shirt I received from woot (men's large). If you look closely you can see the halftone screen and the shirt fabric textures in the photo. I noticed the imprint on a women's small (that my wife received) wasn't quite as clear. I think this is due to shrinking the imprint to fit the size of the shirt. With that said, I'm still very happy with how all three shirts turned out (ML, WS, K10). You may want to try sending a picture over to woot.

Hiya collinhv,

This was my first shirt.woot purchase and I was a bit disappointed with the image as it printed on a Woman's XL.

I am not sure what I was expecting but the image was smaller than I thought it would be and a lot less crisp than your artwork. If the pic had been shrunk to fit, I am surprised it had lost so much resolution. Here are a couple of quick snaps from my PDA:

Whole shirt:

Close up on detail:

I agree with other commenters though that this does not appear to be a problem with your artwork but perhaps a problem with the way Woot printed the image.

sunlion3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunlion3

I can not wait to get this Curiosity t-shirt it's cute but twisted!

weatherbamf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weatherbamf

Did anyone happen to purchase this shirt in a small size (particularly a women's small if possible) that doesn't like it? I just joined and missed ordering it...and I really want one, it's perfect

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee

I missed this one also in the recent cat-shirt special event. Would LOVE a men's XL if anyone has one....or Woot, would you consider printing another run??? I PROMISE I'll buy at least 2 if you do.

May the Crap be with you all!!!