Jason Toon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Jason Toon

Many are called. Few are printed. For hundreds of weeks now, the Shirt.Woot Derby has lived by this pitiless credo. Some of the also-rans in our weekly t-shirt design competition have found new life in our Double-Take Derbies, and a few have won favor with the occasional "Editor's Choice" pick. But today, the worthy obscurities shall begin to get their due on the proper scale.

Presenting Mentions of Honor, a Shirt.Woot event um, honoring 16 of the best non-winning entrants from Derbies #227 through #239. Ere now, the difference between Derby glory and defeat has been as narrow as a single vote. Now we're flexing our iron fist to correct the failures of democracy - but only for a time. These shirts' non-victory lap will end Sunday, March 25. All Mentions of Honor purchases will beging shipping March 28, so expedited shipping will get you your shirt faster than free shipping, but don't expect it to be literally overnight.

Now, all hail the Mentions of Honor!

Tee - $15
by Wenceslao Almazán
by Wenceslao Almazán
by patrickspens
by werewolfskippy
by nblottie
by Diana Sprinkle
by helgram
by Radscoolian
by Ochopika
by artulo
by Rebekie.b
by Radscoolian
by Wenceslao Almazán
by Ochopika
by Nathan W. Pyle

We'll have a new, less honorable but just as rad shirt event next week. And the rest of our currently available shirts are always on display the the Reckoning page.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

Yay! Slow Morning and Jabba the Fluff! EEk!

rellybob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rellybob

Awesome idea! :D

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Snooze button champion for the WIN!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Augh, this is not fair. Im going to be so broke...SO MANY SHIRTS TO BUY, BAHAHAHA!

-goes to click the big yellow button a whole bunch of times

Congrats artists!!! May you slay my wallet with gusto!

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29
bassanimation wrote:Augh, this is not fair. Im going to be so broke...SO MANY SHIRTS TO BUY, BAHAHAHA!

-goes to click the big yellow button a whole bunch of times

Congrats artists!!! May you slay my wallet with gusto!

I agree, and on a random shirt day too!

willeet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willeet

I stayed past my bedtime up to watch The Walking Dead, and so glad I did cause now I got me some Darth Meow!!!

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

So many Walmazan shirts for sale...is it my birthday, or his?

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

held my breath waiting for this, now I gotta hold it some more. REALLY wanted to buy multiples of the king kitty shirt. sigh.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Glad to see some designs get a second chance; however, it would have been nice to see a greater range of artists represented, in addition to many of the usual suspects ...

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Yay! This is a great idea. Sadly, none of these were must-buys for me but hopefully this continues with future Double Takes as well!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

Re: The shirt page for "Slow Morning"... come on, shirtwriter! You REALLY don't know by now that ochopika is female?! There are even pictures of her torso in the "Let's Talk Lady Sizes" thread.

On the other hand, kudos for the write-up for "Castle on a Cloud" - lovely!

Sad that so few of these are on AA, but it's a good idea for a sale!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

so here i am, getting up al excited cause it's Woot Pullover day, and what do i find?

Jabba the Fluff and Of Monsters and RPGs? oh my deity! woot really knows how to pull my strings! those are two of my all time faves!
also picked up one of the walmazans, and will prolly get the other Ochopika too

no pullovers though? ah well, that spares me the expense of 16 new pullovers, i guess. but i'm keeping my hopes up for next week!

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

i think i spotted an error in the Event's overview: it says "Of Monsters and RPGs
by Rebekie.b" instead of "by spyyderray". also, the discussion link for that shirt doesn't seem to work.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Today makes Monday so much better for my teenage daughter and therefore myself. She has been bugging me as to when Darth Meow will be printing ever since I showed it to her during it's derby days. Now she can get it

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

"Slow Morning" looks like it's on a grass tee, but the color listed is kelly. Which is correct?

07/11/14

geegee63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geegee63

Oh yay, yay, yay! I really wanted that 'hugs and kisses' shirt! I got it. Also will be getting the Apocalyptis shirt as well.

This will be my first Anvil purchase here so here is hoping for the best.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

It's the Motherlode! @__@

I'm going to be a while deciding everything I need from here...

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca

Please be sure to check the sizing charts everyone, here is a current list of everything on the new Anvil shirts:

1974: It's Alive! - All sizes
Apocalyptus - All sizes
Average person Award - Kids sizes
Darth Meow - All sizes
Finally caught it - All sizes
Huddle in a Flurry - Kids sizes
Hugs and Kisses - All sizes
Jabba the fluff - All sizes
Never trust cute aliens - kids sizes
No squares allowed - All sizes
Of Monsters and RPGs - All sizes
Rock and Roleplay - All Sizes
Slow morning - All sizes
Snooze Button Champion - All sizes

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

This is Awesome!

Is this the first time something like this is done (Mentions of Honor)? I sure hope is not the last.

I'm in for:

"Jabba the Fluff' by Ochopika & "Never Trust Cute Aliens" by art101

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Picked up Castle and Huddle since they are on AA. Also ordered 3 randoms since they are "supposed" to be on AA. Woot got $50 from me today and I got to click the buy button that I have been missing. Sad that this may be some of my last purchases unless woot can find better fitting blanks for women.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
killerorca wrote:Please be sure to check the sizing charts everyone, here is a current list of everything on the new Anvil shirts:

1974: It's Alive! - All sizes
Apocalyptus - All sizes
Average person Award - Kids sizes
Darth Meow - All sizes
Finally caught it - All sizes
Huddle in a Flurry - Kids sizes
Hugs and Kisses - All sizes
Jabba the fluff - All sizes
Never trust cute aliens - kids sizes
No squares allowed - All sizes
Of Monsters and RPGs - All sizes
Rock and Roleplay - All Sizes
Slow morning - All sizes
Snooze Button Champion - All sizes

Knowing these folks, it might have been more helpful to post the opposite.

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:Knowing these folks, it might have been more helpful to post the opposite.

It really does matter to some of us, y'know!

On the flip side, it's $90 that didn't leave my wallet ...

tyrailia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyrailia
willeet wrote:I stayed past my bedtime up to watch The Walking Dead, and so glad I did cause now I got me some Darth Meow!!!

Me too! I am now sitting in the mailbox waiting!

- Tyrailia

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Narfcake wrote:It really does matter to some of us, y'know!

On the flip side, it's $90 that didn't leave my wallet ...

I'm with you, there, for various reasons.

move along

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

DARTH MEEEOOOOWWW.

TonyGreyfox

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TonyGreyfox
annieflies wrote:held my breath waiting for this, now I gotta hold it some more. REALLY wanted to buy multiples of the king kitty shirt. sigh.

This. A resounding 'meh' to the selected shirts here (not to offend the artists, I just don't see any of my favs here).

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

That's awesome! Congrats to the wieners!

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

Crap, I was desperately wanting to get Bird Lover.

With luck, Woot will have an honorable mention to the honorable mention to the honorable mention that will feature it.

Just in case that doesn't happen, I will still go in for a Jabba the Fluff.

Yeah, so there's that...

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

i'm actually glad there wasn't anything i "had" to have in the weekly selection this week. i already ordered 3 randoms, 3 kids randoms, and 3 reckoned shirts. and all on AA blanks (theoretically)!

haven't had to buy an anvil yet, so these may be some of my last woot shirts (sad).

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Great selection! I was really hoping for Kitty King though, I love that design so much! Also I was sad to see Castle on a Cloud on AA (don't throw things at me please) cause the Anvil womens' sizes fit me so much better. Gonna mull over buying it in my old mens' size, it's really beautiful.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

I'm curious. Does this mean that the artists are paid $2/shirt but with no up-front $1000? From what I've seen of these sales, that's not much revenue for a shirt you're selling the rights to. That's more comparable with a TeeFury type situation where you keep the rights to your shirt afterwards.

ruthjhodsoll

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruthjhodsoll

Uh, these are the best of the losers? I don't think so... Where's Hal's eye from the year you were born derby?

djauhay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djauhay

ugh... where is Spotless??

Spotless
[/quote]

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

thatrobert wrote:I'm curious. Does this mean that the artists are paid $2/shirt but with no up-front $1000? From what I've seen of these sales, that's not much revenue for a shirt you're selling the rights to. That's more comparable with a TeeFury type situation where you keep the rights to your shirt afterwards.

The artists receive $2 per shirt sold and then regain the rights after a year's time. It's essentially a modified version of our B contract, which we've "creatively" dubbed our C contract. It allows us to print previously unprinted designs that won't get front page exposure (and subsequent front page sales numbers) but still lets the artist regain the rights in time. Within the year that we have the rights we can also run in other forms in other sales -- for instance as a hoodie in a winter sale. So it's conceivable you could see these designs again in some form at woot within the next year. Hope this helps clear things up.

airjordants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airjordants

Whenever I try to buy one of these shirts, it takes me to an error page. Is it just me or is everyone experiencing this?

p8007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p8007
airjordants wrote:Whenever I try to buy one of these shirts, it takes me to an error page. Is it just me or is everyone experiencing this?

I'm getting the same thing.. I really wanna buy some of these shirts... can the devs fix this puhlease

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika

yesh, I too am getting errors while trying to purchase mah turtle+coffee shirt for my man. I hope it's fixed soon!

Also, I'm so happy that "Out of the Blue" is up here! I had a dream that I was wearing that shirt, lol.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ochopika wrote:yesh, I too am getting errors while trying to purchase mah turtle+coffee shirt for my man. I hope it's fixed soon!

Also, I'm so happy that "Out of the Blue" is up here! I had a dream that I was wearing that shirt, lol.

Thanks for letting us know! (That is also code for yes I mailed someone to have them look into it.)

Chances are when it's fixed someone (probably TT) will post that it's all good now.

I'm just hanging out, really.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

ochopika wrote:yesh, I too am getting errors while trying to purchase mah turtle+coffee shirt for my man. I hope it's fixed soon!

Hey guys, sorry about this. We have our dev team on it.