hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
lochnessa wrote:Should get this for my friend Kevin who works at this paper company. His coworker Angela would probably be mortified.

I see what you did there. Better run that by a Toby in HR first.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Fun!

And if anything this is more motivational than the original. ^_^

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Really clever--Congrats!

Lithonius

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Lithonius
skatimmy737 wrote:While admiring this shirt, I can't stop hearing Arnold Schwarzenegger say the catchphrase for some reason.

"Hang een theya!"

I hear Joey Ramone singing "I don't wanna be buried in a Pet Sematary..."

eviledtee

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eviledtee

Well, to me there's another reference in there:

In the Terminator: The Sarah Chronicles tv-series they had one of those cat-posters saying "Hang in there, baby!" in the place of this underground organisation of humans that had travelled back in time to prevent the machines from taking over... The shirt absolutely does remind me of that too...

Bought one.

Cheers! ^^
edDy

sydneyasu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sydneyasu

Another case where I am so sad about the Anvil blanks that will never even come close to fitting me like the AA WM I was. Sad day, love the design!

dominanefret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dominanefret

I love the design and would jump on it, but I just got my "READ" and "After All This Time" and the quality of both is so terrible that I'm really skeptical about purchasing any more shirts. My apologies to the artist.

chickypeas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickypeas
dominanefret wrote:I love the design and would jump on it, but I just got my "READ" and "After All This Time" and the quality of both is so terrible that I'm really skeptical about purchasing any more shirts. My apologies to the artist.

Apology accepted! Also thank you everyone else for the kind words!

Jaeflash

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jaeflash

I would also buy this shirt immediately if I knew a) which size to buy and b) if I'm even going to like the new blanks at all. I just spent $30 on 2 copies of a shirt that was about to go away forever, in the hopes that one of them might fit me. Until those come in, I'm not taking my chances with anything else. If all goes well and one of the new shirts fits, I just hope this one is still in the reckoning.

Also, for the kitty shirt haters: Sorry, but kitty shirts sell, and we like them! Putting a cat on a shirt increases the chance I'm going to buy it by at least 1000%!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
eviledtee wrote:Well, to me there's another reference in there:

In the Terminator: The Sarah Chronicles tv-series they had one of those cat-posters saying "Hang in there, baby!" in the place of this underground organisation of humans that had travelled back in time to prevent the machines from taking over... The shirt absolutely does remind me of that too...

The pop culture references are flying fast and furious* on this thread!! (*NO pop culture reference intended there; I just couldn't think of a better way to say that...) I think that this poster was hugely popular in schools, offices, etc. for a while and is quite easy to make fun of. Given that, it's not too surprising that a lot of movies and tv shows would include it in their sets, or otherwise make reference to it in a tongue-in-cheek way.

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

stbabu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stbabu

As far as inspiration for this shirt goes, well, everyone is obviously forgetting Cyriak's mouseterpiece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNwCojCJ3-Q

raven13

quality posts: 4 Private Messages raven13

I love kitties. Zombie kitties make me sad.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Breathe me in, I'm yours to keep.

Woots: 4
Home.Woots: 1
Shirts: 53: 30 for myself, 23 for friends/family.

rdlenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdlenix

Oregon represent. Buying because the artist is from Oregon, and because how could I resist cat-zombies?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: mence
Last purchase time: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 12:00:00 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 16.455s
Woot wage: $3,750.24
Woots sold: 1130

Last wooter to woot: Medicdoc
Last purchase time: Tuesday, March 27, 2012, 12:04:28 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 16.625s
Woot wage: $3,738.64
Woots sold: 1131

First day sales 1130

waveformblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waveformblue
SumDuud wrote:New to the internet too? It's a meme thing, like zombies and ninjas. To be fair there aren't always that many cat shirts, but you've come during this wave.

Well I'm not new to the Internet, yet I never got the cat meme.

With that in mind, why do I have point out that the hanging kitty has only three toes on each paw ? Is it a refugee from the Simpsons - or perhaps Pwin-T ?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

waveformblue wrote:Well I'm not new to the Internet, yet I never got the cat meme.

With that in mind, why do I have point out that the hanging kitty has only three toes on each paw ? Is it a refugee from the Simpsons - or perhaps Pwin-T ?

Oh, NO! And why do I have to point out that the cat is wearing a bandana? Cats don't wear bandanas! And the cat also has a shotgun strapped to its back? Cats don't shoot guns, people! They are scared of loud booming noises and also do not have functional thumbs with which to operate guns and I am quite sure that they do not have the brain capacity to understand the purpose of a gun! Also, the cats below have pure red eyes and are behaving like zombies? Cats do not naturally have pure red eyes! Nor do zombies much less zombie cats exist! And what does "hang in there" even have to do with anything? Hellooooo, non sequitor?!! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE AM I THE ONLY SANE ONE WHY IS THIS DESIGN SO CARTOONISHLY UNREALISTIC?!?!???

Hahahahahaha, no, but really: it's just a cartoonish, exaggerated design that utilizes a anthropomorphized representation of a cat to illustrate a dark situation in a simplified, "cute" style. That's why the cats have only three toes per paw. Also, maybe they were just born that way or MAYBE it's a mutation resultant of the zombie infection and that hanging cat is actually in the beginning stages of transformation.

ヽ( ゚ヮ・)ノ.・゚*。・+☆ Imagination!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
goldenthorn wrote:
Hahahahahaha, no, but really: it's just a cartoonish, exaggerated design that utilizes a anthropomorphized representation of a cat to illustrate a dark situation in a simplified, "cute" style. That's why the cats have only three toes per paw. Also, maybe they were just born that way or MAYBE it's a mutation resultant of the zombie infection and that hanging cat is actually in the beginning stages of transformation.

ヽ( ゚ヮ・)ノ.・゚*。・+☆ Imagination!

I always thought it was mutant cats as a form of post apocalypse radiation. Like all internet cutesy cats.

Now going off to sing Born This Way, thanks, Goldenthorn.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chickypeas

goldenthorn wrote: And the cat also has a shotgun strapped to its back? Cats don't shoot guns, people! They are scared of loud booming noises and also do not have functional thumbs with which to operate guns and I am quite sure that they do not have the brain capacity to understand the purpose of a gun!

I beg to differ...

waveformblue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waveformblue
chickypeas wrote:I beg to differ...

I still don't get the cat meme AT ALL.

At least Rambocat has four toes per paw.

chickypeas

waveformblue wrote:I still don't get the cat meme AT ALL.

At least Rambocat has four toes per paw.

Your avatar, cat, creature thing only has 3 toes as well. It's a conspiracy!

kikyokat7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kikyokat7

I am currently trying to convince my college's Manhunt club to get these shirts for all their members- we are all obsessed with zombies, and run regular humans vs zombies games across campus. This shirt is perfect for us.

Note: probly won't happen, since the college would ultimately be the one paying for them, but it's always worth a shot!

chickypeas

kikyokat7 wrote:I am currently trying to convince my college's Manhunt club to get these shirts for all their members- we are all obsessed with zombies, and run regular humans vs zombies games across campus. This shirt is perfect for us.

Note: probly won't happen, since the college would ultimately be the one paying for them, but it's always worth a shot!

I 100% support this.

KristinWeeks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KristinWeeks
Rachel0982 wrote:I would impulse buy this shirt if I knew which size to buy. I used to be able to reliably pick a WL, but we all know that's not going to work anymore. I tried a WM and that was WAY too big in the region below the sweater cows. I'm currently waiting on a WS that I don't think is going to be big enough in the boobicle region since the old WL was already borderline tight in that area. Do I bite the bullet and try a MS... or do I just pass this one up?

I ordered an WL because that's what I normally get...a WL or WM for every Woot shirt I buy. I got one a WL in January and it was fine. The one I got in this design... I think it's a MEN's LARGE. Holy cow! It's FREAKIN' HUGE!! I can't wear this! Even the neck opening is huge like it has been stretched out.

So like, do they exchange them or am I stuck with a shirt that is a tent?!

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

KristinWeeks wrote:I ordered an WL because that's what I normally get...a WL or WM for every Woot shirt I buy. I got one a WL in January and it was fine. The one I got in this design... I think it's a MEN's LARGE. Holy cow! It's FREAKIN' HUGE!! I can't wear this! Even the neck opening is huge like it has been stretched out.

So like, do they exchange them or am I stuck with a shirt that is a tent?!

Please email us at service@woot.com and we will see what we can do for you. Thank you.

KristinWeeks

smallville824 wrote:Please email us at service@woot.com and we will see what we can do for you. Thank you.

I did on the 7th, after I found that email address.

KristinWeeks

I just forwarded the email I sent on the 7th to that email address again. Hopefully I can get the size I ordered.

gir5704

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gir5704
chickypeas wrote:Thanks shirt.woot for printing my design!

This is how I feel right now

This shirt is great! I just got mine in the mail. I cannot understand how this is already in the reckoning... You designed a great shirt, and compared to a couple in the top 20, I just dont get it...looking forward to more of your designs

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
TheGolux wrote:
First day sales 1130

Mix of Anvil (men, women) and AA (kids)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)