micht1986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micht1986
jrs1980 wrote:WATCH COMMUNITY.

Eh, that's gotten old. Harder to watch these days.

jamiesyp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamiesyp

Love this shirt!! Had to get it the minute i saw it. TBBT needs to get Sheldon this shirt to wear on the show.

anzabel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anzabel

Love the shirt.

Love the write-up.

Also love Zachary Quinto.

Why is he not allowed to wear it?

I haz a confuzled. Also a happy. Also a new woot shirt.

urbsnspices

quality posts: 7 Private Messages urbsnspices
wesoloid wrote:
I would never wear a shirt with nonsensical math symbols on it for the sake of pretending to be math. This shirt is awful.

I agree completely. Spelling a word with greek letters, alpha numeric, and operators does not make this a math shirt.

The tv show meme aside. I would feel embarrassed for someone wearing this shirt.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
bluejester wrote:As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive. Not everyone enjoys math Woot! Lit. nerds have feelings too. Oh sure, we may look like hipsters and losers as we sit there, alone, reading our stack of Shakespeare and Tolkien novels, but we have feelings too.

There is that Nevermore shirt that WON'T DIE, so go buy another?

infinitycubed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infinitycubed
urbsnspices wrote:I agree completely. Spelling a word with greek letters, alpha numeric, and operators does not make this a math shirt.

The tv show meme aside. I would feel embarrassed for someone wearing this shirt.

I quoted this one, but this goes to everyone concerned with the Eszett etc.

They are just variables! If I wanted to use Eszett as a variable, I could. If I wanted to use a happy face as a variable, I could. If I wanted to use a chinese symbol as a variable, I could. It's just a variable! Why make the assumption that it's supposed to be Beta but it's wrong, when maybe Eszett is just a variable. I can get a little on board with lower case Delta since it doesn't really translate to an a, but the stuff about Beta is just astounding to me. You should be embarrassed mentioning the Beta argument if you really think you know any math.

By the way, δ is the sign for lowercase Delta, not ∂. ∂ is a mathematical term DERIVED from Delta to be used for partial derivatives, but is not Delta. Have a good day.

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay
bluejester wrote:As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive. Not everyone enjoys math Woot! Lit. nerds have feelings too. Oh sure, we may look like hipsters and losers as we sit there, alone, reading our stack of Shakespeare and Tolkien novels, but we have feelings too.

If I sing soft kitty to you, will you feel better?

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

gregbrendel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gregbrendel

If I liked the show I'd definitely get it. Good color, like the math theme, but alas, I don't "get" the show.

“The internet is a great way to get on the net.” -- Bob Dole

NickelNickel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NickelNickel
trenton21 wrote:You are not alone sir.

Not alone at all. Pop Culture shirt = instant non buy

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Bought. I'm just sad that it took yet again, 11 months before I found another shirt I liked

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I would like to add that the first thing I noticed when seeing the shirt was the geeky/nerdy look and feel to the word BAZINGA, which is a reference to Sheldon, and since he often uses equations in the show, putting one together to spell his favorite exclamation makes perfect sense. No need to think of it as a math shirt as it is not one.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
thejakeyl88 wrote:Bought. I'm just sad that it took yet again, 11 months before I found another shirt I liked

Don't be sad, that just makes you choosy! Never a bad thing.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pearye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pearye
gregbrendel wrote:If I liked the show I'd definitely get it. Good color, like the math theme, but alas, I don't "get" the show.

That's because there's nothing to get.

goodgirl49

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodgirl49

Love this! Got one for my 6 year old nephew who is a huge fan of the show.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
anzabel wrote:Love the shirt.

Love the write-up.

Also love Zachary Quinto.

Why is he not allowed to wear it?

I haz a confuzled. Also a happy. Also a new woot shirt.

I assume it's a reference to the episode where Sheldon returns the life-size cutout of the Quinto Spock because he wanted the Nimoy Spock. The name of the episode eludes me at the moment.

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

The yellow button is bouncing. Yes, that was definitely a bounce.

Pat59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pat59

You seem to have completely ignored "h" in the write-up...

ksassaman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ksassaman

Actually the equation is rather elegant, I am rather spell bound by how earth shattering it is, truly genius!

lcatmurda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcatmurda
jrs1980 wrote:WATCH COMMUNITY.

HELL YES.
But I do love Sheldon Cooper.

csl312

quality posts: 4 Private Messages csl312
infinitycubed wrote:
By the way, δ is the sign for lowercase Delta, not ∂. ∂ is a mathematical term DERIVED from Delta to be used for partial derivatives, but is not Delta. Have a good day.

Thank you! Reading people refer to it as a delta was starting to bother me hah. It is called "Del" among other names, and is just an operator it is not actually a letter.

besthijacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages besthijacker

Sold Out?

We need more

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Wil Wheaton tweeted about this today, which no doubt helped in selling it out.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

Bummer. Came home from work to order and SOLD OUT! Congrats on the success, but I'm bummed.

88east

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 88east

For those who are complaining about the math being wrong. Well it is Sheldon's word for "I just made a joke." Maybe the bad math is a joke.

3littlefortunes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 3littlefortunes

Please Please Please make some more - for the love of all Big Bang Nerds..... Please must make more...waited to get home for proper sizing (I know they run small) and SOLD OUT! Oh the humanity....

ebc1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ebc1

Aw man! Sold out!!!! Please make more of these. I wanted to buy 4!

dixiettu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dixiettu

Will more shirts become available during the reckoning? I just signed in, fell in love, and then saw the sold out.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

It will be on sale again tomorrow, for $15.

Such is the way of the Shirt.Woot.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Yes, you foals can buy it again at midnight here http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/the-formula-for-success

I'm sure a lovely mod will be along shortly with a cool graphic to explain all this again!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

bluetuba wrote:Yes, you foals can buy it again at midnight here http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/the-formula-for-success

I'm sure a lovely mod will be along shortly with a cool graphic to explain all this again!

Nahh, you and escapecar got it covered quite nicely! I'll only ALLCAPSGLITTERTEXTMSPAINT.JPG if it continues for a few hours without people reading and finding out about how ALL SHIRTS CONTINUE TO BE SOLD AFTER THE FIRST DAY OF SALE FOR $15 IN THE RECKONING FOUND IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF EVERY SHIRT.WOOT PAGE AND ALSO BTW THE SHIRT.WOOT FAQ IS A VERY INFORMATIVE AND ELUCIDATING READ, but I'm quite sure that'll be unnecessary as I have trust in humanity being intellectually and situationally curious enough to make an effort to read comments and explore websites to find out about how things work when things are perhaps somewhat obfuscatory or just new. Sigh, I'm just a Romantic idealist through and through.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
ebc1 wrote:Aw man! Sold out!!!! Please make more of these. I wanted to buy 4!

If I understand it right, Woot caps first day sales at 6,000. It will go back on sale tonight at 1:00 (Eastern) with no sales cap. It will be $15 though.

EDIT: The previous three post weren't there when I started writing this one. Stupid ADD.

Yeah, so there's that...

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet

Got it before the sellout. Just had the closeup on my screen, told the hubs I bought this shirt. He says "yeah, what's it supposed to be?"

I closed out the closeup. He started laughing.

I pointed at him and yelled "BAZINGA!"

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
CowboyDann wrote:

Bazinga.

:D This made my day. I saw the ball pit, and was like, "YUSH!" :3

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

lisabethjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisabethjo

Seriously, I just don't get it. This sells 6000 the first day and great designs go unprinted. I guess you Woot guys are glad I don't work for you!!

Swayde

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Swayde

Dang, just got home and it's sold out. My husband and son both wanted one. Oh well, there's always the reckoning!

Lucky Purchaser of 3 Random Craps...
4/1/2011
9/22/2010
8/20/2010

sugareeme87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sugareeme87

Thank you so much for the enlightenment Cowboy Dan! I was totally lost on this one.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
albuquerquemat wrote:If only they had put the words to "Soft Kitty" on the back.

You can do that yourself, ya know. Computer. Printer. T-shirt tranfer paper. Iron......
:-)

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

austun69 wrote:I know I'm showing my nerd-side...but the ∂ in "b∂zinga" stands for delta...meaning it's a d, not an a...

It's not a lowercase delta at all.

ReginaFilangee

inkycatz wrote:

Here, stare at the picture. It will help.

I actually have that exact stuffed soft kitty!

ReginaFilangee

loridi wrote:I have to admit all the comments regarding the inaccuracies of the equation itself, such as incorrect symbols just translates in my head as "It would annoy the hell out of Sheldon" which just makes me love it all the more.

EXACTLY!!! I really love Sheldon....but would love to annoy him, too. *VBG*

As an aside----almost without exception, those I run into who don't like and/or "get" the show are Sheldons themselves, and they don't think it's funny because they are serious and don't think that their OWN personality quirks are funny, either. They don't get why we laugh at things that seem to them to be merely statements of fact. As a female with a high degree of Sheldonesque traits myself, however, I think it's hilarious.