ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
bluetuba wrote:Yes, you foals can buy it again at midnight here http://shirt.woot.com/shirts/the-formula-for-success

I'm sure a lovely mod will be along shortly with a cool graphic to explain all this again!

Foals?
We have baby horses in here? Alright....WHO LEFT THE BARN DOOR OPEN AGAIN???!!

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

bitserve wrote:Word Mark BAZINGA!
Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing for men, women and children - namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets. FIRST USE: 20101110. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20101110
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85210308
Filing Date January 4, 2011
Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition March 22, 2011
Owner (APPLICANT) Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 4000 Warner Boulevard Burbank CALIFORNIA 91522
Attorney of Record Janet A. Kobrin
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

#justsaying

I ain't no lawyer or nuthin...

But this shouldn't be a problem. This shirt does not "spell" the word 'bazinga' in any language. It's merely a random string of symbols, special (not standard) characters, and a few English letters which, when arranged in that order, resemble that word.

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

Why are the shirts $12 now? Used to be $10 right?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

EvilE1174 wrote:Why are the shirts $12 now? Used to be $10 right?

Hi there! Shirt.woot raised their Daily Shirt price back in January. Please check out this thread for more details.

mamapduck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mamapduck

Noooooooooooooo! Sold out? My little nerdling needs one. Will there be a reprint? Even at the higher price?

ReginaFilangee

EvilE1174 wrote:Why are the shirts $12 now? Used to be $10 right?

That's soooo 27 seconds ago.........

ReginaFilangee

mamapduck wrote:Noooooooooooooo! Sold out? My little nerdling needs one. Will there be a reprint? Even at the higher price?

Midnight (about an hour and 6 minutes away)....$15 each. If your little nerdling is worth the extra 3 bucks, he/she shall have one. :-)

jtiberiusk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtiberiusk

This Formula for Success is invalid. See how?

davejay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davejay

Just so you know... "HAWKING" OUR WARES... I saw what you did there. :-) Nice pun.

jhutch83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhutch83

da** it i wanted to by this shirt they need to bring it back...

~Jhutch~

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jhutch83 wrote:da** it i wanted to by this shirt they need to bring it back...

We will in about 14 minutes on the Reckoning Page. Or you can click here.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Wooter to blame for sellout: lljeannet
Sellout time: Thursday, April 05, 2012, 5:11:33 PM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 10.314s
Woot wage: $4,187.97 (revenue per hour)
Total woots: 6001

Last wooter to woot: crematoryfire
Last purchase time: Friday, April 06, 2012, 12:01:38 AM Central Time
Order pace: 0m 14.411s
Woot wage: $3,745.81
Woots sold: 6002

What a long gap between sales! I guess Woot! ran out of shirts and had to print more.
First day sales 6001

corriganmoran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages corriganmoran

In for one! Halfway through the 3rd Season, and have enjoyed nearly every minute of it.

4khaos wrote:
As for Tolkien, I have to say the movies were better than the books - a rare exception since most novels are far better than their movie counterparts.

I strongly disagree, the movies omitted and changed many great parts of the book. (Not books, as Lord of the Rings is one novel, needlessly split into three volumes) They even excluded the entire 2nd to last chapter of the book, which offered the resolution to the entire narrative, due to "time constraints".
That, along with countless examples of poorly written dialogue, needless omissions (Tom Bombadil, Glorfindel), and some blatantly unnecessary character alterations (Faramir being a weak-willed jerk, the Ents being oblivious, Elrond's apparent distrust in Aragorn [He raised him, and they're related for Eru's sake!], and Arwen becoming a relevant, yet poorly developed, character for the sake of a cheap romance story)I think Tolkien's novel is far superior to Peter Jackson's adaptions. Also, we had to wait for months to get the true (Extended) editions of the movies, which though better than the theatricals, still excluded all sorts of goodness I had hoped for.
Nevertheless, I did thoroughly enjoy the movie trilogy, and plan on seeing both movies of the Hobbit duology at midnight.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

corriganmoran wrote:
I strongly disagree, the movies omitted and changed many great parts of the book. (Not books, as Lord of the Rings is one novel, needlessly split into three volumes) They even excluded the entire 2nd to last chapter of the book, which offered the resolution to the entire narrative, due to "time constraints".
That, along with countless examples of poorly written dialogue, needless omissions (Tom Bombadil, Glorfindel), and some blatantly unnecessary character alterations (Faramir being a weak-willed jerk, the Ents being oblivious, Elrond's apparent distrust in Aragorn [He raised him, and they're related for Eru's sake!], and Arwen becoming a relevant, yet poorly developed, character for the sake of a cheap romance story)I think Tolkien's novel is far superior to Peter Jackson's adaptions. Also, we had to wait for months to get the true (Extended) editions of the movies, which though better than the theatricals, still excluded all sorts of goodness I had hoped for.
Nevertheless, I did thoroughly enjoy the movie trilogy, and plan on seeing both movies of the Hobbit duology at midnight.

Oh, hello there! I love you. Are you my long lost twin sibling? Because I feel exactly the same way about the treatment of the book/movies--albeit more... vehemently and with lots more cursing. High five, sister/brother of the true Tolkien spirit!

lisaviolet

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lisaviolet
ReginaFilangee wrote:I actually have that exact stuffed soft kitty!

My bestie got me one for Christmas. And a Mickey Mouse pet bed to put it in.

MBandfield

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MBandfield

In for one - but hey Woot staff, you should know that I would have bought more than one for friends, but they have...how can I say this delicately...larger bust lines than can fit in an American Apparel XL and be worn outdoors without receiving inappropriate calls. (And too bad for your sales - they're not that type of girl.)

Please consider providing larger sizes for the women's cut shirts.

newfymom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages newfymom

Thanks to this shirt, I surfed The Big Bang Theory, and I have now learned the rules for rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

Rock crushes lizard.
Scissors decapitate lizard.
Lizard eats paper.
Lizard poisons Spock.
Paper disproves Spock.
Spock vaporizes rock.
Spock bends scissors.

ReginaFilangee

newfymom wrote:Thanks to this shirt, I surfed The Big Bang Theory, and I have now learned the rules for rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

Rock crushes lizard.
Lizard eats paper.
Lizard poisons Spock.
Paper disproves Spock.
Spock vaporizes rock.
Spock bends scissors.

Ummmmm....nope. Close (barely), but no cigar.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQhIsKZokHU

(Sorry, I know not how to embed videos.)

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
MBandfield wrote:In for one - but hey Woot staff, you should know that I would have bought more than one for friends, but they have...how can I say this delicately...larger bust lines than can fit in an American Apparel XL and be worn outdoors without receiving inappropriate calls. (And too bad for your sales - they're not that type of girl.)

Please consider providing larger sizes for the women's cut shirts.

If it stays in print for a while, they will run out of the AA blanks and switch to Anvil. The Anvil women's sizes are significantly larger. It's worth checking back once a week (on Sunday, before the Reckoning) to see if they've switched over yet.

jeramyt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeramyt

Woot is slow to ship. Ordered on 4/5 and expected delivery 4/13. Thats just sad.

DennisWKam

quality posts: 22 Private Messages DennisWKam

Staff

jeramyt wrote:Woot is slow to ship. Ordered on 4/5 and expected delivery 4/13. Thats just sad.

Yeah, the standard free shipping does take a little longer, but it's free so that's good, right?

Here's some info from the FAQ on shipping times. We do offer the overnight option for $5 if you're in a hurry to get the shirt.

rosaleigh31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosaleigh31

Its not the Formula for Success.... It is the Formula for AWESOMENESS!!!

-SRB

rosaleigh31

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosaleigh31
newfymom wrote:Thanks to this shirt, I surfed The Big Bang Theory, and I have now learned the rules for rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

Rock crushes lizard.
Lizard eats paper.
Lizard poisons Spock.
Paper disproves Spock.
Spock vaporizes rock.
Spock bends scissors.

you forgot to add... and as always paper covers rock

-SRB

kkevans1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkevans1

I love the shirt. Be careful with the sizing though... I bought a woman's large (my size) and it is very small...... probably a medium.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
kkevans1 wrote:I love the shirt. Be careful with the sizing though...

Yeah. Woot in still in the transition phase from the old made-in-the-USA shirts to the newer made-in-Honduras-or-Nicaragua shirts ... and the sizing is way different between the two.

mgrizzl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mgrizzl

We just got our "Bazinga" shirts...my son (11) loves it and his sister(21) tried to snag mine.(She got the gecko ninja shirt and the zombie shirts). I ordered a man's size small for my son. Although the USA made shirts fit him better, the Anvil works. It is long but still works for him.
(NOTE TO WOOT - We want the old shirt brand back!)
The kid sizes were too short on him and very boxy, this worsened after washing. He is tall and slender (normally wears size 12 slim)in case this helps anyone for their own future sizing. Mine is ladies xl which will be comfortably loose even after washing. I read the Anvil's are way bigger. Please no! When you have a slender build with natural curves it is way hard to find clothes that fit well. Manufacturers seem to equate small size with short height (pants)or worse small size means wide body (tops). Woot remember- nerd body shape typically runs towards the tall, slender, willowy build, not wide, short and muscular! I don't care if the mathematical formula used isn't correct - the shirt makes us laugh and that is a good thing!

stacimcclure

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stacimcclure
Narfcake wrote:Yeah. Woot in still in the transition phase from the old made-in-the-USA shirts to the newer made-in-Honduras-or-Nicaragua shirts ... and the sizing is way different between the two.

I have the same problem! I just got mine out of the mail and am so disappointed! I had previously ordered the READ shirt in WL and it is nice and roomy - love it! I ordered this in WL and I'm not sure my 12 year old son can wear it!!

joannenicole

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joannenicole

Size up if you're busty!

Normally a women's large fits me loosely. I bought this shirt in a large, but it fits like a women's medium. I feel like my "Bazinga!" should say "Boobzinga!" Definitely snug over the chest area - which may or may not be a good thing. Fits fine everywhere else.

Other than that, love it. Great colour, comfy, geeky-cute.

unimpressed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unimpressed
natedogg828 wrote:Yes, I just started watching after a certain basic cable station starting airing episodes and now wonder why I hadn't started watching sooner

I keep wanting to give this show another try. I feel I should enjoy it, however, the few times I've watched it, it all seemed like stereotypical nerd jokes.

tiffhoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiffhoney

I haven't purchased from shirt.woot for sometime. And now I wish I hadn't bought this shirt. I love the design and the color but the new fit and substandard quality of the fabric makes this product far inferior to previous purchases at shirt.woot.
Please, Powers that Be, return us to a higher quality better fitting shirt.

gk17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gk17
tiffhoney wrote:I haven't purchased from shirt.woot for sometime. And now I wish I hadn't bought this shirt. I love the design and the color but the new fit and substandard quality of the fabric makes this product far inferior to previous purchases at shirt.woot.
Please, Powers that Be, return us to a higher quality better fitting shirt.

Not sure of the quality and that Bazinga t-shirt caught my eye. Didn't pull the trigger on this one and missed the deal.

Is it really that bad? Does it lose it's color?

mryoung01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mryoung01

I heart this shirt! as soon as I saw it I wanted it. bazinga!

EnzoTheBaker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EnzoTheBaker

Worst show on television. I think less of a person if I know they watch and like this show. It's seriously causing problems for me because my girlfriend likes it.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
EnzoTheBaker wrote:Worst show on television.

Citation needed.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

atticusthebum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atticusthebum
neuropsychosocial wrote:Citation needed.

The show is horrible. The Big Bang Theory is a show targeted towards psuedo-intellects who are just jumping on the bandwagon to Nerd/Geek "culture" or lack there of. The worst part is it doesn't even offer a realistic interpretation of this culture and instead is this disgusting cringe-worthy manifestation of some Hollywood producer's idea of what it is to be a nerd. Almost as bad is that it has the opportunity to be completely educational, but it gives this skewed fantasy world that is honestly quite unsettling.

I could brush this all aside if the show was actually funny, but SPOILER: It isn't. In fact the humor is SO unfunny that instead it just blares a laugh track whenever a "joke" is told. It's fairly common knowledge that other people laughing makes you laugh, as laughing is a social experience. This however is no excuse to replace actual jokes with a laugh track. It's almost as if they're basing what nerd culture is on from sites like Reddit. It's the same sort of assembly line process of using "Memes" to replace humor by just pasting a giant "YOU LAUGH HERE" sticker onto whatever you've created.

It honestly is just a giant scheme on playing off of uneducated people who are so brainwashed that they just laugh at anything they're told to.

Yes, I'm angry.

chopperguy918

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chopperguy918
psumek wrote:No don't. Watch it w/o the laugh track, and then decide.

Now that I have taken the time to watch w/o laugh track, the show I once thought was pretty damn funny now is not so funny. Wonder how many other shows this holds true with?

"Live to Woot, Woot to Live"

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif
bluejester wrote:As an English major I find this shirt highly offensive. Not everyone enjoys math Woot! Lit. nerds have feelings too. Oh sure, we may look like hipsters and losers as we sit there, alone, reading our stack of Shakespeare and Tolkien novels, but we have feelings too.

I just read this and had to respond; huzzah, sir or madam.

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

dl4t8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dl4t8

These shirts really suck!

Bazinga!

kingpoetry1987

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingpoetry1987

here is my story on the awesome power of the Bazinga! (this is just copied and pasted from my FB but all of it happened because i was wearing my Bazinga shirt!)

ok so here what happened last night (4th of july 2012) it went from nearly getting stabbed to one the the most epic nights of my life.... i went to the "summerland" tour which had marcy playground, lit, gin blossom, sugar ray, and everclear. i was really only there for the 1st two but hey it was free. i got there early enough to get right up front. i start talking to a group of people general chit chat. and other group comes about 10-20 minutes later and a few of them (one guy in particular) wanted to be right up front where we are. the show hadn't even started yet (and ended up not starting for over another hour) but they were getting pushy so a little hostility arouse. i can handle pushing its a concert but the aforementioned guy pulled out and checked a little knife he had snuck in with him. it was only an inch or 2 long but i dont play once i saw that it was done. i called security and got him bounced. i forgot to mention he was only like 18-19 want to be thug... unfortunately they let him back in he makes his way back and starts popping off and pretending he cant hear me such and so on. he motions to another guy in the crowd and nods his head to me so i get ready to get jumped... but i have my eye on them and there the kind who dont like a fair fight so they dont try anything. marcy is first, then lit ( i got a guitar pic from them!), then gin blossoms, in between each artist there is a little break and i turn around to talk to my group and this guy keeps trying to buff up make gestures and act tough. then sugar ray comes on and thats when my night becomes epic! half way through his show he says "this is the point where we do something a little interesting" he points strait to me and says "you in the blue shirt (bazinga!) come up here!". holy salt water! then he calls another kid up and says "ok now we are going to have a karaoke competition"..... crap! im in front of thousands of people and for those of you who havnt heard me sing i cant carry a tune in a bucket! but beastie boys "you got to fight" comes on and some how i just get in the zone! in front of 3-5000 people i ROCK!!!! i jumped around, fist pumped, and just got the crowd going crazy!!!! he moves me side stage and the other kid come up... poor, poor kid was too nervous! the put on black eye pea's "i got a feeling" and he just freezes no singing at all, but in his defense when i was his age i prob would have to! it was suppose to be a competition but mark said because it was the 4th we both win ( i got another pick and a sugar ray t-shirt), BUT he held his hands up for an audience judge anyways. over the kid, screaming in moderation. over me, THE CROWD GOES NUTS!!!! Ocean Mussel Goodness!!!! i have enough endorphin's and adrenaline pumping through my system still to last me a week! as im being led of stage i think " o crap this would have been a perfect time to tell hundreds of beautiful Latinas that im single" ;p o well. make my way back through the crowd and the guy is still there. he couldn't even give me props just started hating even more! but i wanst about to let that or anything bring me down off my cloud! i moved off trying to find out if the video they were pumping to the screens was being recorded. as i walk through the crowd its all high fives, fist pumps, and just general admiration. i loved it! for my 15 minutes of fame i couldnt have asked for more, except maybe a tape turns out they were not recording....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 543 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Great story. Thanks for sharing!

And Bazinga!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders