iceknyght

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iceknyght
kingpoetry1987 wrote:here is my story on the awesome power of the Bazinga! (this is just copied and pasted from my FB but all of it happened because i was wearing my Bazinga shirt!)...

Wow! Now THAT is a story!

And that actually sounds like a great concert line-up! :D

Oh, and thanks for the free publicity! ;D

swukong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swukong

Came to say "that is not a beta, that's an sz/ss". Not disappointed in fellow users :D.
Seriously, if that was fixed I 'd like it ...

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

Huh, just got this as my random shirt. Never got one currently in the reckoning before.

afeldspar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages afeldspar

I also got one of these as my random shirt. I don't watch the show, so if anyone wants a male large unwashed unworn Bazinga shirt for $6.66 + postage, drop me a line.

barcode74

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barcode74

I can't go anywhere without someone telling me how cool this shirt is.

I met a Bio/Chem major who recently graduated at a winery. She said her and her "friend" loved my shirt. I saw her later and went over to her table. Her friend was her husband, a self-described "Penny" type to his "Leonard" type wife. He was so dumb that I was making fun of him while his wife and I were flirting right right there and he had no idea.

I love my shirt. I meet the coolest people.

emailrob

quality posts: 5 Private Messages emailrob

I love seeing people read this and trying to work it out. I was in Vegas and people keep staring at it as I walk past them, mumbling. The enlightened ones immediately say
'Cool, his shirt says Bazinga'.

Ryfiel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryfiel

I'd bet that those of you (me included) who got this as a random got it on an AA shirt. If you check the current for sale page and then look at the sizing chart, the ones they are actively selling now are on anvil. They must have run out/gotten close on one size and gone ahead to update the website with just anvil stuff, then marked the rest for randoms. I imagine this will happen a few more times until they are out of AA blanks entirely.

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville

I know I'm late to this, and honestly it's been a while since I did any serious physics or math, but does it really bother people more that a German double s is being used for a variable than someone is trying to subtract "i", the imaginary number equal to the square root of -1? You can't use "i" as a variable because it is a number. "x", "y", "z" etc do not have an assigned value, thus they are variable, but "i" is defined, in math terms. And it can be used to multiply or divide, but I don't think you can subtract it (or add it for that matter)

AND often it is thrown in just to make an equation work, which is how it is used here, not to make it work mathematically, but to make it work humourously.

I like TBBT because I know some of those people. My wife tells me I am one of them.

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal

^This!

(Just kidding. I have no idea what you said.)

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

goneferal wrote:^This!

(Just kidding. I have no idea what you said.)

i lol'd.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

sarahmml

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahmml

Wore this shirt to work and a random guy in the elevator ran his hand across the "equation" and giggled to himself...kind of awkward since I'm a girl. :-p

efeesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efeesh
austun69 wrote:I know I'm showing my nerd-side...but the ∂ in "b∂zinga" stands for delta...meaning it's a d, not an a...

Funny, when I took advanced algebra and Principles of Technology we always used ∆ to represent delta.

efeesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages efeesh
betagirl wrote:I'm a fan of the show, but I really just don't like the shirt.

There's just nothing really special about it - I'm not a math wizard, but it doesn't seem very clever to me as the equation doesn't seem to mean anything.

The equation isnt supposed to mean anything mathmatical, it's spelling out Sheldon's favorite thing to say when he makes a joke or pulls a prank: Bazinga!

rebekahdejmal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebekahdejmal
enville wrote:I know I'm late to this, and honestly it's been a while since I did any serious physics or math, but does it really bother people more that a German double s is being used for a variable than someone is trying to subtract "i", the imaginary number equal to the square root of -1? You can't use "i" as a variable because it is a number. "x", "y", "z" etc do not have an assigned value, thus they are variable, but "i" is defined, in math terms. And it can be used to multiply or divide, but I don't think you can subtract it (or add it for that matter)

AND often it is thrown in just to make an equation work, which is how it is used here, not to make it work mathematically, but to make it work humourously.

I like TBBT because I know some of those people. My wife tells me I am one of them.

You can add and subtract i. 4-i is a correct thing to say. I don't know if any formulas have plus or minus i in them, but this also isn't a real formula. Also, i can be used as a variable for example current is normally denoted i. This is why when doing things with circuits where you have current and imaginary numbers j often represents the square root of -1 to avoid confusion. Maybe this shirt is operating under that convention in which case you are no longer subtracting an imaginary number just a random variable.

enville

quality posts: 2 Private Messages enville
rebekahdejmal wrote:You can add and subtract i.

thanks, I appreciate the correction

greyfade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages greyfade
psumek wrote:No don't. Watch it w/o the laugh track, and then decide.

With or without the laugh track, I fail to see what's funny about this show or why so many people seem to like it.

Color me confused.

-- greyfade

kheim1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kheim1

I got this design on the lightweight zip-up hoodie when it was in one of the weekly specials, but I wear it so often it's got some holes in the pockets. Any chance you'll be bringing it back again??

rommelbhargava

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rommelbhargava

Hey WOOT you cannot just retire this tshirt.

Please I need one. :'( Sob