aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

Fine, disregard what I've said. Excuse me for speaking up when I had an opinion about a subject that I am familiar with.

kittdee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittdee

Huzzah! I am so glad someone thought to do this! One of my all-time favorite Life photos. The foxes are AWESOME!

I think the background looks great- the shirt is perfect. I just wish it was on a white tee, to keep the black-and-white photo feel to it.

IMHO the light blue shirt really steals a lot away from the design.. and you've done such an excellent job w/the graphics, and capturing the spirit of the original photo.. they deserve full attention!

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
Hectic wrote:I don't know...I mean the Trojans took the horse into the city of Troy because they LIKED horses. Something tells me Trojan mice WOULDN'T LIKE a cat. On the other hand maybe it's just me over-thinking things. It's still cute nonetheless.

you arent alone, I was thinking this should have been a trojan mouse with dogs inside (given to a city of cats).
I really like the idea just it doesnt click with me coz of this.

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
azdarkknight wrote:you arent alone, I was thinking this should have been a trojan mouse with dogs inside (given to a city of cats).
I really like the idea just it doesnt click with me coz of this.

Wait wait wait... ok now I'm just confused. So, the Greeks made a horse to give to the city of Troy. The Trojans took the horse inside and the Greeks crept out at night and were able to take the city. The Trojans in my design would like a giant cat because they are cats. I thought that having the Trojan cat would imply that it were cats that would be accepting the gift. I would think that cats would enjoy a large sculpture honoring them. A Trojan tuna would also be great, or even a mouse in that case.

tl;dr Its a cat because cats are vain and would love a giant sculpture of themselves. There, I'm glad I figured out how to explain myself.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Going Down With the Ship!

Sweet draw & concept Wences. +1

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: Electric Eel

Really nice! +1

naymarie33

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naymarie33
Re: Going Down With the Ship!

Voted! Your designs will never sink, just the poor cricket will :-( He's too cute!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Peace

I'm just gonna leave this here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NJMaj8Um-k

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: One step for cats...

@sunaness - the navy color woot's templates provide is really dark=)
Thanks!

@sunnysfunny - hehe nice to know even a non-cat fan finds it super cute!

@wirdou - thanks!:D

@lonelypond - thanks for noticing, it took a looong time until I got it to its current state!

Vote!

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy
Re: Invading Your Heart

Hi guys! Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for all the votes!

melebeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melebeth

I want this to be a comic strip. He's such a wonderfully drawn _character_. I will definitely buy this if it prints, even though I don't know where I'd wear it!

iteshura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iteshura

LOVE IT! Really want this one to get printed. The expression is adorable and the wordplay quaint!

Re: Flapper

elviswind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elviswind
aerc712 wrote:The theme was begging for a few TMNT entries.

No, it really wasn't.

avielectron

quality posts: 2 Private Messages avielectron
runnerfrog13 wrote:Let me point you to some important information to read first:
Technical requirements https://shirt.woot.com/member/contestupload.aspx
Note on the left it says use one of their official shirt templates as a guide. Generally speaking, there are fancier templates, but it's better to use one of theirs than a lopsided tshirt sketch with an indeterminate X on it.

Use only 6 colors.

All the other rules that aren't in the Technical Requirements list http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963
No clipart
No photographs

Misc Important Rule It was clarified in a derby somewhere and now I can't find it:
Your thumbnail must match your shirt comp (ie, your shirt comp must show your orangutan and printing press design)

all those rules sound very fancy and purposeful. im happy some people liked my idea.

badlass

quality posts: 7 Private Messages badlass
Re: Where's The Cheese?

DOH! dropped by too late to vote, but if this wins, i'm getting one!

calilass126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calilass126
cwarfield82 wrote:I need this please and thanks

Agreed!

penlight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages penlight
cptgone wrote:another lovely Firefrogh design. GMV!

I want one!!

gruntled

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gruntled

I like this design a lot; the tessellation effect, the "sound" notes, it's very eye-catching.

jumcdona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona
aerc712 wrote:Fine, disregard what I've said. Excuse me for speaking up when I had an opinion about a subject that I am familiar with.

I don't think anyone has issue with your opinion, just when your opinion went from 'well here are my thoughts...' to 'but I have this massive education and degree on the subject so I know more'. That's when you started getting pelted with vegetables from Trekkies, geeks and other educated individuals such as yourself.

Don't let this one instance keep you from posting opinions here, that's how people grow in critical thinking and in their skills. I'd just suggest leaving your degree at the door to avoid the temptation of waving it like a trump card and then fall back on 'I was just voicing my opinion!' when it doesn't work out.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
jumcdona wrote:I don't think anyone has issue with your opinion, just when your opinion went from 'well here are my thoughts...' to 'but I have this massive education and degree on the subject so I know more'. That's when you started getting pelted with vegetables from Trekkies, geeks and other educated individuals such as yourself.

Don't let this one instance keep you from posting opinions here, that's how people grow in critical thinking and in their skills. I'd just suggest leaving your degree at the door to avoid the temptation of waving it like a trump card and then fall back on 'I was just voicing my opinion!' when it doesn't work out.

When reading messages and feeling like the message is "you're a fool for saying Star Trek's first episode isn't historical" then I felt that one way I could clarify why I was reacting the way I did was to say "hey, this is my perspective, this is why I don't think a damn TV show's premiere is historical." I did try to avoid the snark at first but then my argument devolved a bit as I got more and more frustrated. If you saw people manipulating something that you're passionate about, you would have trouble avoiding the snark after awhile. I'll go have a giant humble pie now.

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh
Re: Jack Rabbit the Ripper

Did not see this in time to vote for it since I was at work, but I would have! Very well done. I will be buying this if it prints.

brankitteh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brankitteh
paigeg wrote:Too many thoughts, here...
Oh My Fruitful Garden, They killed Scotty!
Stupid Redshirts.
I can't save him, Jim, I'm a doctor not a confectioner!

I just died laughing. (not really, I'm still alive!)

Thank you for making my work week a bit better.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
chumpmagic wrote:Well that my art lesson for the day. I hope you all enjoyed it

Very much enjoyed.

I feel the main problems with this design are the legs, or rather the lack thereof. Despite reading the reasoning behind why the easel leg is missing, my eye just expects it to be visible. Also, the turtle's leg seems to go through the seat, rather than around, which is probably because my eye expects more of the side of the leg to be visible from this perspective.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
Re: Jack Rabbit the Ripper

I voted for this, but I don't think I could buy it. Too creepy.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Re: Flapper

I totally zoned on voting in this week's derby. I'm going to be sad if this doesn't get printed, because I would have voted for this, and made my bof vote, too. So flappin' cute. In for at least two if it runs, I think.

slvrdrgn123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slvrdrgn123
badlass wrote:DOH! dropped by too late to vote, but if this wins, i'm getting one!

Same here. This needs to get made for sure. I'm getting the turtle one, but I want one of these too.

yesaccc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yesaccc

For real....I wanted this shirt more than I have wanted one of the shirt WOOT shirts in a while. Anything involving monkeys is awesome, in a completely selfish and immature way, of course.

jspickler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jspickler
Re: First Flight, We can Fly!!

Aw man, I really wanted one of these! Great shirt!

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: First Flight, 1903

I am sad that it never made it. If you ever go elsewhere with the design...

dragynphyre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragynphyre
lyonscc wrote:I think the airing of Star Trek counts as a famous date in history!

WANT!

deltax20a

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deltax20a

The Titanic sank April 15th 1912 around 2am ship time. I'm not sure where its coordinates fall in time zones but that should be roughly midnight EST Sunday.

So if this shirt places third for Sunday, you won the game.

I'm buying the shirt anyway if it places second or third. I lack blue in my ensemble.

chlo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chlo

LOVE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, LOVE art history, am a total nerd about both. I do believe this is the shirt for me.

tyrailia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyrailia

I love it! So do my cat-panions. Great design.

- Tyrailia

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn

I hope this one gets an editor's pick. it's amazing! and missed by just five votes...

shadowreokairay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowreokairay
Re: Pip-squeak

I wanted this shirt SO bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =<

shadowreokairay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowreokairay
Re: Pip-squeak

I wanted this shirt SSSOOOOO bad!!! =<

rickjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickjones
Re: Semper Fido

I'm so sorry this one didn't make the cut. This is a great design, and that's coming from a Navy man!

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik
shaelyn wrote:I hope this one gets an editor's pick. it's amazing! and missed by just five votes...

My thoughts exactly. SO CLOSE. =/

djp519

quality posts: 12 Private Messages djp519

I'm disappointed this didn't print. Would have been an insta-buy for me.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

Oh, Woot! I love you. I am an intensely loyal customer. You drain my wallet on nearly a monthly basis. PLEASE print this shirt anyway. There are so many wonderful soldiers that need the pick me up this would provide. Do your part Woot! You know you wanna.