Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

PREHENSILE FEATHERS!!!

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg

Could this possibly be a replacement for Nevermore?

fallapart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fallapart

So glad to see this one print!

. : | MARTURIA | : .

Rudeboy2025

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Rudeboy2025

It would be great to have a raven like this to do my air quotes for me.

jmgenens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmgenens

YES!!!

Now I just have to decide what size to order...

rawelschjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawelschjr

" I am not a rook".

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=120x120&chl=MECARD%3AN%3ARawelschjr%3BADR%3ABags+O'+Crap+-+3___Woot!'s+-+12___Shirt.Woot!'s+-+6%3B%3B

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Simple design. Good use of colors. Fresh take on an overdone idea. What's not to love?

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77

I knew this one would do well when I first saw it! Great idea!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

cupajoe415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cupajoe415

air quotes!! awesome. Back in '99 David Leterman added air quotes to the list of things not allowed in the new millenium. That along with the saying "you do the math" so glad to see them survive!

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
captainsuperdawg wrote:Could this possibly be a replacement for Nevermore?

Hopefully!

lichme

quality posts: 2856 Private Messages lichme

I see the air quotes, but at first glance it looks like this thing is going back me into a dark alley to attack me.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
captainsuperdawg wrote:Could this possibly be a replacement for Nevermore?

---

I thought the raven was sneaking up on two baddies and going to give them both the vulcan nerve pinch at first glance.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

I don't get it. I mean, I understand the air quotes things as a gesture; I use the quotie fingers all the time, even when I'm not actually quoting anyone, But why the bird? Does it have to do with that same raven poem by Poe? Is it because the bird spoke the word nevermore, or is it supposed to read "crow"? I'm missing something.

djalliduck

quality posts: 23 Private Messages djalliduck

If birds had opposable thumbs, that would be the end of the human race. Imagine ravens chasing you with chain saws!

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Nicely done Radscoolian. If there's one thing we wooters seem to like, it's some good ol' Allen Poe.

I feel like there's a potential slogan here: "Welcome to Woot. We do Ravens."

miyoshinum5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miyoshinum5

That is one of the greatest write-ups ever, adds a whole new perspective.

kadsworld

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kadsworld
lete wrote:I don't get it. I mean, I understand the air quotes things as a gesture; I use the quotie fingers all the time, even when I'm not actually quoting anyone, But why the bird? Does it have to do with that same raven poem by Poe? Is it because the bird spoke the word nevermore, or is it supposed to read "crow"? I'm missing something.

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

cattyandco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cattyandco

Huzzah, I'm so glad this one made it! And btw, shirt.woot, I like the new shirt dimensions. I can actually get a women's cut now; THANK YOU!

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

I like the concept; but I don't find the raven's expression convincing.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

This shirt is "literally" awesome.

:p

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

prestable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prestable

Is it just me, or did anyone else read the write-up in an accent that combines the voices of Jason Statham and the Geico lizard?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Taking bets! 1000:1 odds that this will last longer than nevermore.

msharkin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msharkin

Just. Freaking. Awesome.

In for 3. For all my POEtry ladies.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I showed this to my mom, and I had to explain for like an hour before she got it. I think it's really funny and easy to understand. Grats to the artist!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

Draithy

quality posts: 14 Private Messages Draithy

Love the pun... but I have to admit, the write-up on this design just made my nerdy little literature-loving night.

Radscoolian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Radscoolian

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the support and kind comments you all left.
I wrote a poem in honor of the occasion and it came out a little insulting, but I'm too tired to think up another one, so here it goes:

What shall I say, to those who voted,
Five seventy-five, to whom I'm devoted,
and to those who will buy and don this shirt?

A heartfelt thanks, will perchance suffice
along with a piece of sagacious advice-
new clothes are nice but a shower couldn't hurt

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Fantastic shirt, and on Draw a Bird day too!

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cptgone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cptgone

tried to resist... told myself it's a grey shirt... it's too expensive... but then i realised one

Radscoolian wrote:shower

less

Radscoolian wrote:couldn't hurt

and would save me some... and i can always compensate for the greyness with make up.

yay, another rad shirt coming my way!
(BTW, the only shirts i voted for that made it to the fog are both Radscoolians! i hope Where the Sidwalk Ends will get printed too)

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

First time in a long time I laughed out loud the instant I saw it!I have a neighbor who does air quotes all the time, so me and my wife now try to count them when he talks to us and compare totals when the conversation ends. My goal is to be wearing this shirt during one of those discussions,I'm sure I will break up.Oh ya, I'll have one please

devynf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages devynf

favorite shirt I've ever seen on here. In for 3, one for me, one for my best friend, and one for the boy I think is the most awesome kindergartener in the world. Mostly because he has several woot shirts Nice job!

GwenMarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GwenMarie
cattyandco wrote:Huzzah, I'm so glad this one made it! And btw, shirt.woot, I like the new shirt dimensions. I can actually get a women's cut now; THANK YOU!

I soooooo second that! It's nice to get women's shirts that fit the girls.

My woots: Screaming Monkey, Random Crap, Sandisk Sansa View 8GB
Shirt woots: Now Let Me Get This Straight, Happy Birthday to Us, Hungry Bento, Jimmy... Is That You?, Tuesday is Gonna be Rough, Friends are Forever, Donut Panic!, Random Shirt, Ghosties, You are a Pirate!, Pirate Exercise, Random Shirt, PAINata, Cake or Pi?, Nevermore

ikxixi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ikxixi

Really love the wit of this shirt and want to go put one in my closet.

But, before I do, a question for all the female WOOTers: If you used to wear a WXL, what size shirt works for you now?

Thanks!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
cattyandco wrote:Huzzah, I'm so glad this one made it! And btw, shirt.woot, I like the new shirt dimensions. I can actually get a women's cut now; THANK YOU!

are there new, new shirt sizes? i saw on the size chart it said Honduras / Nicaragua for women & kids instead of just honduras. Is there a post somewhere I'm missing about better sized/shaped women's shirts?

vgilpin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages vgilpin

I'm so glad this printed. I love Nevermore as well and have decided Woot shirts with blazers over them are dress clothes for work (I teach English and lit at the hs and university levels). I find the new shirts simultaneously good (yay chest room) and odd (too much room at the waist and a little bit of weird room at the shoulders), but I'm buying at least one of this shirt.

Sidenote: I hope some of the more "artistic" designs print as editors' choice, but I was "keeping my fingers crossed" for this one. ;)

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Congratulations to the artist! I really love the design and I want one, but......
if they've already starting printing Reckoning slate shirts on Anvil, how can this one be on AA? Is "Air Quoth" REALLY on AA for Men's sizes??? Guaranteed, Woot???

07/11/14

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

The Poetry Derby is the Derby that broke my heart. So many shirts I wished could be printed but, in the end, had no chance. This morning it healed a little with the presence an air quotes raven.

Okay, I moved down the size chart when ordering this, so it better be Anvil as stated. I went WM, though a part of me thinks I'll be wishing I went WS.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Clever design! I really liked this in the derby Congrats, Radscoolian.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
loridi wrote:The Poetry Derby is the Derby that broke my heart. So many shirts I wished could be printed but, in the end, had no chance. This morning it healed a little with the presence an air quotes raven.

Okay, I moved down the size chart when ordering this, so it better be Anvil as stated. I went WM, though a part of me thinks I'll be wishing I went WS.

according to the size chart, only men's are made in USA (AA).

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

As strong as the top 9 were, I could only bring myself to vote for two because I wanted them so much.

This is one (bought!) and I'll have to hope for an HM and better luck next time for Lucky's bunny sonnet.

Great derby!