rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike
Narfcake wrote:I bought #398 ... and last I checked, I'm still someone.

I was speaking on the collective Woot masses. I tend to count you as a given when it comes to a Walmazan printed on AA.

Speaking of your tendencies. It's obvious that Nyan is headed to the chopping block this week. I've been very tempted to pull the First Sucker, Last Wooter maneuver that you're so famous for. Any advice?
I may not do it anyhow, as my gut tells me that tomorrow may be a random shirt day. My wallet (and closet) couldn't withstand four new shirts at once.

Yeah, so there's that...

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
rockymike wrote:I was speaking on the collective Woot masses. I tend to count you as a given when it comes to a Walmazan printed on AA.

Speaking of your tendencies. It's obvious that Nyan is headed to the chopping block this week. I've been very tempted to pull the First Sucker, Last Wooter maneuver that you're so famous for. Any advice?
I may not do it anyhow, as my gut tells me that tomorrow may be a random shirt day. My wallet (and closet) couldn't withstand four new shirts at once.

It's not a given, still.

For last Wooter, you must complete the transaction by 11:55 Central time. Make sure your computer's time is accurate, and start the purchase at about 11:53. I've done a couple that were 11:54, but that was cutting it very close. AFAIK, I've been the only one who's ever done this stunt.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
Narfcake wrote:Democracy has its pros and cons, and the issue lies in the voting masses. If those who do want more artsy would actually spend the time to vote for them, then we would see more artsy. As it is, the voters who like pop culture outnumber them.

rockymike wrote:Wow! Maybe it is too soon for the sinking cricket...
I thought the timing for it was perfect, but no one seems to want this ill-fated shirt.

The cricket is proof that what voters like may not translate into what the general Woot populace likes. I thought it would be a big seller. It's cute, it's timely, and it was very much on theme. And yet, its sales are abysmal, probably the worst I've ever seen for a Derby print (and definitely the worst I've seen for a Walmazan design). It still has a week to go, but I would be very surprised it if managed to reach 600.

I'm always thrilled when I see a truly artsy shirt make it into the top 20. We get lots of "fauxtsy" shirts, but it's a rare shirt that really makes me appreciate the design for artistic merit (as compared to technical chops or such). In their absence, I usually go for funny or poignant.

Narfcake

citizencoyote wrote:The cricket is proof that what voters like may not translate into what the general Woot populace likes. I thought it would be a big seller. It's cute, it's timely, and it was very much on theme.

Some felt it was too on time and on theme ...

And yet, its sales are abysmal, probably the worst I've ever seen for a Derby print (and definitely the worst I've seen for a Walmazan design).

Negative on both counts, actually.

It still has a week to go, but I would be very surprised it if managed to reach 600.

Going on the usual proportion of debut day vs. post sales, it'll most likely end up on the rarities list.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

Funny, I didn't vote for "Going Down With the Ship!" but I bought it anyways because it was printed on AA.

I think the problem is, some of the bigger named designers already have large amounts of followers in which they ask to vote for their shirts.

So, the loyal followers always do, whether or not they are actually going to purchase the shirt. It's sort of like the Ron Paul effect - his loyal followers vote for him like crazy on any online polls, but his numbers in actual votes (here it would be actually t-shirt sales) lag behind.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
Narfcake wrote:For last Wooter, you must complete the transaction by 11:55 Central time. Make sure your computer's time is accurate, and start the purchase at about 11:53. I've done a couple that were 11:54, but that was cutting it very close. AFAIK, I've been the only one who's ever done this stunt.

This is out of curiosity, as I have no intentions of trying a FSLW (first Sucker last wooter). What happens id you complete your purchase at say 11:59? Is that OK but you just feel it's cutting it short, or does the sale ultimately get called off?

Narfcake

dcroe05 wrote:This is out of curiosity, as I have no intentions of trying a FSLW (first Sucker last wooter). What happens id you complete your purchase at say 11:59? Is that OK but you just feel it's cutting it short, or does the sale ultimately get called off?

The sale gets called off. Week #237, I was aiming to be last on three of them. Server timed out, and while I started the transaction on Acquired Taste and Makin' Bread, neither could be completed.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
dcroe05 wrote:This is out of curiosity, as I have no intentions of trying a FSLW (first Sucker last wooter). What happens id you complete your purchase at say 11:59? Is that OK but you just feel it's cutting it short, or does the sale ultimately get called off?

In my anecdotal experience, the clock on the woot server runs a few minutes faster than the clock on my computer. I lost at least one shirt because I attempted to purchase it at 11:58PM on a Monday* (i.e., it got reckoned before my purchase was completed), and the people who keep track of sales around noon on Monday have noticed that only sales made before ~11:55AM seem to count towards the DSRs/Reckoning numbers for that week.

* I wasn't doing something nifty like trying to be first/last wooter: I was merely procrastinating, trying to decide if I really wanted the shirt.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

clockwisecrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clockwisecrow

It may just be me expressing my personal weird, but whenever I read "foal" my brain parses it as "fool," and so the Reckoning consistently sounds like Mr. T.

But no, I do not think one can pity the foal this week, though.

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
newnie wrote:

I think the problem is, some of the bigger named designers already have large amounts of followers in which they ask to vote for their shirts.

So, the loyal followers always do, whether or not they are actually going to purchase the shirt.

Funny, I'm the opposite. When I see someone with lagging votes to skill level I vote for them, even though I hate the subject matter. But if i notice said piece in the fog I unvote it. And it isn't so much the asking for votes, though I'm sure they facebook or whatever that they post to. It is the Pavlovian - I usually like that artist work so I must like this one - effect.

Note: I voted for the cricket, but I haven't been buying recently. I am not often one who votes for Walzaman, again subject matter - anthroed food, meh. But I liked this one enough for a vote.

Narfcake

blanked wrote:... I am not often one who votes for Walzaman, again subject matter - anthroed food, meh.

Funny, those are the ones I ALWAYS vote for.

(Anyone have True Love and Holy Guacamole they want to sell/trade?)

Narfcake

A few minutes early tonight ... and I won't be around tomorrow for the closing, so if someone else can catch those at noon, it would be really helpful (3 weeks from now). THANKS!

Legend: Current rank (Baseline rank) Shirt Name - (Additional sales) and total quantity as of this posting. Refer to the beginning of this reckoning for the baseline sales numbers. DSR are for informational purposes only and not 100% accurate.
1 (1) The Formula For Success - (+598) to 7375. Approx. 137.48 real time DSR; 130.86 Woot-based DSR
2 (2) Hungry Hungry Games - (+175) to 5022. Approx. 58.97 real time DSR; 57.76 Woot-based DSR
3 (6) The Tyger - (+230) to 4250. Approx. 53.48 real time DSR; 50.63 Woot-based DSR
4 (3) Casual Friday - (+207) to 5034. Approx. 44.7 real time DSR; 43.54 Woot-based DSR
5 (7) Lucky Pig - (+162) to 3207. Approx. 38.23 real time DSR; 36.9 Woot-based DSR
6 (11) Artichokey - (+169) to 2977. Approx. 36.56 real time DSR; 34.96 Woot-based DSR
7 (5) Shhhhhhh - (+185) to 11351. Approx. 33.46 real time DSR; 32.86 Woot-based DSR
8 (4) Read - (+103) to 4650. Approx. 32.77 real time DSR; 32.18 Woot-based DSR
9 (9) 1971-Floppy Diskette - (+105) to 8402. Approx. 25.39 real time DSR; 24.93 Woot-based DSR
10 (10) The Start of Spring - (+89) to 2821. Approx. 25.1 real time DSR; 24.51 Woot-based DSR
11 (8) ProCATStination - (+78) to 3543. Approx. 24.43 real time DSR; 23.96 Woot-based DSR
12 (12) The Binge - (+120) to 57218. Approx. 23.68 real time DSR; 23.25 Woot-based DSR
13 (25) Fire and Ice - (+121) to 2050. Approx. 24.77 real time DSR; 23.29 Woot-based DSR
14 (26) Air Quoth - (+115) to 1213. Approx. 24.02 real time DSR; 22.4 Woot-based DSR
15 (19) Honey Badger Cares - (+90) to 2624. Approx. 22.24 real time DSR; 21.41 Woot-based DSR
16 (14) Nevermore - (+115) to 47610. Approx. 21.42 real time DSR; 21.04 Woot-based DSR
17 (13) Family Breakfast - (+103) to 14389. Approx. 21.2 real time DSR; 20.82 Woot-based DSR
18 (17) They’re too Short - (+101) to 2883. Approx. 20.04 real time DSR; 19.68 Woot-based DSR
19 (16) Lucky at last - (+94) to 8641. Approx. 19.93 real time DSR; 19.57 Woot-based DSR
20 (15) After All This Time - (+73) to 2819. Approx. 19.68 real time DSR; 19.32 Woot-based DSR
21 (22) My Morning Sidekick - (+92) to 2162. Approx. 19.57 real time DSR; 18.97 Woot-based DSR
22 (18) Curiosity - (+106) to 3580. Approx. 19.28 real time DSR; 18.93 Woot-based DSR
23 (20) WET||SLIPPERY WHEN - (+126) to 4721. Approx. 19.17 real time DSR; 18.82 Woot-based DSR
24 (21) Nyan's Dream - (+110) to 4343. Approx. 18.22 real time DSR; 17.89 Woot-based DSR
25 (23) Hang In There - (+82) to 1480. Approx. 17.5 real time DSR; 17.07 Woot-based DSR
26 (24) Critical Hit - (+92) to 2890. Approx. 16.15 real time DSR; 15.86 Woot-based DSR

91 (91) I Love Cats - (+37) to 621. Approx. 6.17 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
92 (92) 8-Bits to Rule Them All - (+143) to 2151. Approx. 28.63 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
93 (93) I Got Your Tweet Right Here - (+41) to 713. Approx. 10.26 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
94 (94) Finishing Move - (+46) to 1115. Approx. 15.36 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
95 (95) Leonardo - (+248) to 4965. Approx. 124.34 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR
96 (96) Going Down With the Ship! - (+8) to 405. Approx. 8.04 real time DSR; n/a Woot-based DSR

The shirts around the line are pretty close, so there may just be a fight come tomorrow.

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis
collinvh wrote:I say go for it. Fill your curiosity.

We may be saying goodbye to my first woot print next Monday but I also wanted to let everyone know I've made a decision to reckon my entire personal site www.collinvh.com. The closing of the site will coincide with the next day of reckoning, Monday April 16. This could be a real sad day for me so come on and save the kitties.

Awww. Collin, I'm sorry to hear that you're closing your personal site, but best of luck to you in future Derbies and other design endeavors! I love your style. "Curiosity" doesn't really resonate with me, but I did snag a "Hand Picked" tote from your site since I loved it so much in the bag derby... wish I could afford to buy more stuff!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

adorabrooke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages adorabrooke

+ 1 for After All This time. Yesterday +2 for Wet Slippery When. I have a shirt.woot.com addiction. *sigh*

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

A battle between words, which one will survive? Or will an other slip by them to safety?

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

I'm sad to see that Up, Up and Awake where it is. I really wish that one had been on non-crappy blanks.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
elankat wrote:I'm sad to see that Up, Up and Awake where it is. I really wish that one had been on non-crappy blanks.

Is not to LATTE! or is it?

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

[quote postid="4955494" user="Narfcake"]Funny, those are the ones I ALWAYS vote for.

Here Here! I'm a big fan of anthrofood shirts, particularly ones done by Walmazan.

If it's on AA, I'm hard pressed not to click that "I want one" button.

hobosunday

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hobosunday

The battle for 20th rages on! Who will survive?!

Joy007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joy007

I did my part to help save Curiosity and others must have done so too because it went from like 22 to 18.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:A few minutes early tonight ... and I won't be around tomorrow for the closing, so if someone else can catch those at noon, it would be really helpful (3 weeks from now). THANKS!

Top 20:
The Formula For Success: 7406
Hungry, Hungry Games: 5033
The Tyger: 4268
Casual Friday: 5049
Lucky Pig: 3216
Artechokey: 2985
Shh: 11385
1971-Floppy Diskette: 8405
The Start of Spring: 4656
ProCATSination: 3547
Binge: 57235
Fire and Ice: 2054
Air Quoth: 1220
Honey Badger Cares: 2636
Nevermore: 47613
Family Breakfast: 14394
Curiosity: 3608
They're Too Short: 2888
Lucky at Last: 8647

New:
I Love Cats: 621
8-Bits: 2156
Tweet: 713
Finishing Move: 1123
Leonardo: 5503
Going Down with the Ship: 413
Where's the Cheese?: 835

Reckoned:
After All This Time: 2836
My Morning Sidekick: 2172
WET||SLIPPERY WHEN: 4735
Nyan's Dream: 4366
Hang In There: 1492
Critical Hit: 2910

I had some computer trouble trying to grab these - not sure if the problem was with me or server-side, but I kept getting bumped to "Today's Woot," and several times, I clicked on the "Stats" link and it would open as a single link bar. I grabbed the numbers for the Reckoned shirts last, figuring that accuracy mattered less there, since there will be no need to calculate accurate DSRs for them in the future , but it was probably 12:15 before I finished those.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Sit now, all, and hear a tale of six young shirts, destined to fail / They fell like chaff, not rose like cream despite winning being Nyan's Dream / And to make the Top 20 would be quite a trick for a shirt the likes of My Morning Sidekick / Despite our sales not enough were aware that they could buy shirts like Hang In There / 'Tis a pity, a loss, a cause to throw fit for we had such high hopes for Critical Hit / "Surely this shirt will last long" thought us men, but we must bid adieu to WET||SLIPPERY WHEN / And if you shed a tear it's fine for we'll all be missing After All This Time / So hurry along and best find your way to our Reckoning so you can buy these guys today.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar

Pretty strong move by the curious cats over the weekend, I thought it was a goner on Friday.

collinvh

quality posts: 67 Private Messages collinvh
Joy007 wrote:I did my part to help save Curiosity and others must have done so too because it went from like 22 to 18.

What an exciting finish, thank you Joy for helping save the kitties.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Wow, I thought the sappy Harry Potter shirt would stick around (insert Always joke here) a while. Not that I'm a fan or anything but I appreciated the fact that it was subtle. Oh well

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

elankat

bluetuba wrote:Wow, I thought the sappy Harry Potter shirt would stick around (insert Always joke here) a while. Not that I'm a fan or anything but I appreciated the fact that it was subtle. Oh well

It's a shirt that's popular with women and that's on Anvil blanks. Just look at some of the comments in its thread and the Ladies Size thread. You'll see why it didn't last. There were lots of ladies unhappy with the fit and bad print quality.

elankat

walmazan wrote:Is not to LATTE! or is it?

I really do with Anvil sizing worked for me. It was a great design.

chickypeas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickypeas

RIP hang in there kitty. No one survives the zombie apocalypse forever.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
escapecar wrote:Pretty strong move by the curious cats over the weekend, I thought it was a goner on Friday.

I did too, hence the purchase of the shirt late that night.

citizencoyote

collinvh wrote:What an exciting finish, thank you Joy for helping save the kitties.

They're not dead yet, maybe they'll go for a walk...

chickypeas wrote:RIP hang in there kitty. No one survives the zombie apocalypse forever.

Aww. He hung in there an extra week at least!

citizencoyote

Narfcake wrote:Negative on both counts, actually.

So what is the worst-selling Derby print? And what Walmazan design sank faster than our poor little cricket?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
citizencoyote wrote:And what Walmazan design sank faster than our poor little cricket?

Probably Mission Pigpossible

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Narfcake wrote:Funny, those are the ones I ALWAYS vote for.

Huh, I never would have guessed. :P

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Sacred excrement! I just spent 30 minutes using some of the spare dresser drawers to start the zombie drawer and the food drawer - including anthropomorphized food and meat bunnies! Had to find room for some of the new shirts I'd washed yesterday - can a human have TOO MANY TEE SHIRTS???!!!????

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:(closing numbers)
I had some computer trouble trying to grab these - not sure if the problem was with me or server-side, but I kept getting bumped to "Today's Woot," and several times, I clicked on the "Stats" link and it would open as a single link bar. I grabbed the numbers for the Reckoned shirts last, figuring that accuracy mattered less there, since there will be no need to calculate accurate DSRs for them in the future , but it was probably 12:15 before I finished those.

Woo - thanks!

It's probably the server that's being wonky ... it happens from time to time when I'm grabbing the numbers too. No worries being a few minutes off anyways; my disclaimer is up for a reason.

Narfcake

blanked wrote:Huh, I never would have guessed. :P

I was wearing this shirt today.

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:... can a human have TOO MANY TEE SHIRTS???!!!????

May I plead the fifth?

When are you going to throw up your stacks in the "name that shirt" thread anyways?

cyphermagedragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyphermagedragon
collinvh wrote:I say go for it. Fill your curiosity.

We may be saying goodbye to my first woot print next Monday but I also wanted to let everyone know I've made a decision to reckon my entire personal site www.collinvh.com. The closing of the site will coincide with the next day of reckoning, Monday April 16 @ midnight Central Time. This could be a real sad day for me so come on and save the kitties.

I got "curiosity" too! Loved it from the moment I saw it, but was slack about actually hitting the "I want it" button until I saw it was in danger. Glad it's back in the safe zone for another week!

Also, I'm sorry about your site going down, there's some very nice stuff there =/ It's very frustrating to use, though - I wanted to look at all the hoodies but it seems there's no way to search by clothing type, so I'm currently paging through pages of toddler suits just to get to what I want, argh!

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
Narfcake wrote:May I plead the fifth?

When are you going to throw up your stacks in the "name that shirt" thread anyways?

When I do a full and complete sort halfway through June

Narfcake

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:When I do a full and complete sort halfway through June

Pffft. As if my stacks were sorted. The only one so far has been the Walmazan stack ... and apparently, even that wasn't complete.

The random-er, the better.

OK, so my next one will probably be silly stupid ... in fact, it is!.