quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Oh wow. I just had a nerdgasm.

DarbX1605

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarbX1605

YES. Do want.

Bring back American Apparel

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 35 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Definitely geeky, definitely worth buying...just like all the other W00t! shirts. After a second and it sinks in, you realize you're wearing the best shirt ever...

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

MITHRIL tunic!

five3zero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages five3zero

must. acquire. shirt.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet

I covet this shirt. And now in exchange for money it is my precious...

stonedsavant

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stonedsavant

One shirt to rule them all.....

This might be my first Anvil tee if my pocketbook agrees with me.

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Something really weird happened. My fingers purchased it before my brain was able to catch up and realize what was even going on.

torgospizza

quality posts: 20 Private Messages torgospizza

Are Gollum and Gohma related?

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Okay, nerd argument here: Why would Gandalf tell Frodo to take the One Ring? It's the most dangerous, evil object in all of Middle Earth.

It would be the equivalent of Zelda telling Link that the best way to protect himself in the wild would be to tap into the Triforce of Power that Gannon holds, and which, in turn, morphs him Gannon into a pig monster.

Okay, nerd moment done.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

I'm sure everyone knows this but just in case

It's a zelda screen with Lord of the ring characters replaced.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I can hear the music chiming along tin-ly in my head to this shirt.

bomberjb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bomberjb

Does wearing this make me invisible?

madbomma

chickypeas

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chickypeas

I wish this was an actual game because I'd play it.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I guess this could work for either the Rings films or the upcoming Hobbit films. Judging from the map and the items, I ascertain this is The Hobbit territory we're parodying here.

Though (ahem) Gandalf doesn't give Bilbo any of those three items. Neither did he give Frodo all three for that matter.

(adjusts glasses and snorts)

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond

I'd play that game...probably not well, but still...

eholling

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eholling

I'd get one if this were straight out of the original game without the changes.

Bouts of Consternation:
8/17/11; 9/14/11; 10/12/11; 11/09/11, 12/06/11; 4/26/12

And right now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

**** ATTENTION ****

There's been a mistake on our part with the bottom size chart and I humbly apologize. I looked at another source to make sure about the blanks and they are supposed to be

ANVIL

I've made a phone call to get this changed and the size chart should be updated soon.

If you ordered this shirt assuming it was on AA and want to cancel or change your size, please email service@woot.com with that information.

Again, I apologize for this mistake.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Samstag

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

One does not simply walk into the Goron Mines.

Jackofallgames

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jackofallgames

So want this shirt.
So disappointed in the fit of my first Anvil woot shirt ("Hang in there" - black)
So.. Won't be buying this one, sadly.

"Casual Friday" came on an AA shirt though (thank goodness), but black seems to be all Anvil now

Player of all. Master of none.

chickypeas

Jackofallgames wrote:So want this shirt.
So disappointed in the fit of my first Anvil woot shirt ("Hang in there" - black)
So.. Won't be buying this one, sadly.

"Casual Friday" came on an AA shirt though (thank goodness), but black seems to be all Anvil now

I'm sorry to hear this

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
bluejester wrote:Okay, nerd argument here: Why would Gandalf tell Frodo to take the One Ring? It's the most dangerous, evil object in all of Middle Earth.

It would be the equivalent of Zelda telling Link that the best way to protect himself in the wild would be to tap into the Triforce of Power that Gannon holds, and which, in turn, morphs him Gannon into a pig monster.

Okay, nerd moment done.

Because Gandalf was going to see Saroman, and Gandalf thought he could possibly be evil. That, plus the fact that Bilbo asked Gandalf to give the ring to Frodo, so he complied with the old hobbit's wish.

Sinocard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sinocard

Honestly I would have bought this, had it just been the original screen from Zelda.

The LOTR reference killed it. I would be labeled as a loser, instead of an awesome 90s kid for wearing this.

Jackofallgames

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jackofallgames
chickypeas wrote:I'm sorry to hear this

Not disappointed in the design though! Still awesome and cute at the same time. It's just the fit I don't like. It will still get tons of happy wear around the house. I just prefer to not go out in a shirt with a neck hole that looks like I'm trying to shrink a mumu down to t-shirt size :P

Now if woot would offer me a choice of blanks, even say with a higher price for an AA shirt, I would gladly still buy. Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge..

Player of all. Master of none.

wjonesiv

quality posts: 7 Private Messages wjonesiv

It was a tumultuous time for our nation. The clear beverage craze gave us all a reason to live. The information superhighway was not quite ready for the average person to see what some nerd thinks about Star Trek, but a teenager by the name of Gore would change that shortly. The domestication of the dog continued unabated. Meanwhile in the far east, a little known domino company was cranking out games that would change the course of human history and prolong my lack of contact with the opposite sex for some three years. It was during this time that i learned the natural progression of the land of hyrule. So let me just say that everyone knows you get the candle, then the bombs, then the five heart containers and the 100 rubbie. THEN you get the ring....completely unbelievable.....these MTV, microwave oven, I want it now kids!

Aside from that glaring mistake, and the mushroom where my beloved bomb counter should rest, awesome freaking shire shirt. In for 1.

Xeros

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xeros

Damnit Woot I only have one body I need covering. I am going to have to switch to some sort of rotating shirt schedule to use more than one shirt per day or acquire more torsos to clothe...

nevermind1534

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nevermind1534

(in reference to the post pointing out that he's getting the ring) Exactly what I thought when I first saw it. I immediately looked through the comments for somebody that saw this as I did.

Still an awesome shirt, though.

Blacksunshine420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blacksunshine420
CowboyDann wrote:I'm sure everyone knows this but just in case

It's a zelda screen with Lord of the ring characters replaced.

This is exactly what I don't like about it. They've hobbitted up Zelda. stupid hobbititises...

chickypeas

Jackofallgames wrote:Not disappointed in the design though! Still awesome and cute at the same time. It's just the fit I don't like. It will still get tons of happy wear around the house. I just prefer to not go out in a shirt with a neck hole that looks like I'm trying to shrink a mumu down to t-shirt size :P

Now if woot would offer me a choice of blanks, even say with a higher price for an AA shirt, I would gladly still buy. Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge..

Thanks! I'm glad you're at least happy with the design.

I like the idea of different blanks being available and just adjusting the price based on which one is picked. It seems like this would make a lot of people happy. I also think it would be cool if there were different shirt color options to choose from, although I could see that becoming a little too complicated for woot. Someday maybe :P

zaqnewman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zaqnewman

I had an assignment in 7th grade to write a complaint to a company in order to practice writing a formal business letter. I wrote to Pepsi asking why the had discontinued Crystal Clear Pepsi. They claimed it had not met sales expectations, a claim I still don't quite believe to this day. Ah, I still remember the nicely citrus/cola blend.

zuggeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zuggeh

I love it. The mushroom counter is an awesome touch.

loganfre

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loganfre

This is the first design printed on Anvil blanks that I have wanted. What to do, what to do...

Porgery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Porgery

Huge bonus points for doing a true 8-bit design! So many supposedly "8-bit" Woot shirt designs are total cheats, where the graphics are styled with jagged edges that are reminiscent of the 8-bit days, but on closer inspection they are free-drawn with irregularly-sized mismatched rectangles instead of realistic square pixels. (See, for example, the 1-up coffee cup.) This one is drawn using an accurate square pixel grid for maximum authenticity. (In fact I suspect it was created at the original resolution of 256x224 and then up-scaled. Maybe there's a cheat somewhere, but if there is, it's well-disguised.)

Many artists here have the nostalgia for 80's video game graphics, but few have the chops to actually work within the limitations of the original medium. I salute you.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Of course, given a few tweaks, this could easily be a Hobbit shirt, as well. After all, Bilbo was the one who found all three of those items..

Though it occurs to me that Bilbo was the one who gave Frodo the mithril shirt and Sting, not Gandalf...

Meow

Go Squarryls!

gabis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gabis

I obviously smoke too much pot!

tqrnr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tqrnr

Graphics placement is way too high... my beard would cover half the image.
Why ya gotta do me like that, woot?

No advertising please.

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey

This is so cute! I should wear this to GenCon Indy this year! (Never played Zelda, but I'm a huge retrogaming geek - on the C64 back in the day, currently via DOSBox.)

perfectspade

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perfectspade

SHUTUP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!

wvquizzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wvquizzer
bluejester wrote:Okay, nerd argument here: Why would Gandalf tell Frodo to take the One Ring? It's the most dangerous, evil object in all of Middle Earth.

Ummm did you read the books?