Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

!!!BRUTALITY!!!

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost

This shirt is why my thumbs hurt when I type for too long. Curse the hours I spent wasting my youth in the arcade.

tomcall

quality posts: 102 Private Messages tomcall

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

All right, I'll bite: I don't think this is the Konami Code, so what is it?

bluejester

quality posts: 563 Private Messages bluejester

I don't know woot. What if I run into a chronic gamer and they start wildly jabbing my chest in an attempt to play?

I could end up with bruises on my chest, and don't even get me started on how this might be used against the ladies...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Wow, now that's a shirt that's covered in blood.

bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
spilzer wrote:All right, I'll bite: I don't think this is the Konami Code, so what is it?

sub-zero's fatality, one of the easiest to pull of in the original MK. Liu Kang's was also pretty simple, just a 360 on the pad.

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

lichme

quality posts: 2838 Private Messages lichme

I dig the reference, but fear that the majority of the population will just stare at me for a long time before the inevitable "what is that" question comes.

skatimmy737

Man this shirt takes me back. Sometimes I think my generation were the last to experience the arcade craze, right around the time laser tag showed up. I really wish I had those quarters now so I could build a new wing on my house.

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

That's three days in a row of shirts with words on them. What is going on?

AlienZulu

quality posts: 11 Private Messages AlienZulu

ugh

trying way to hard...

bendb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bendb
bigbadblackman wrote:sub-zero's fatality, one of the easiest to pull of in the original MK.

Yeap, you are right:
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Sub-Zero/Moveset

glazedfaith

quality posts: 33 Private Messages glazedfaith

I'm sad. I'd love the shirt if it didn't say start under the button. I like the way the images are substitutes for words, but putting the word defeats the purpose.

magicwiser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages magicwiser
lichme wrote:I dig the reference, but fear that the majority of the population will just stare at me for a long time before the inevitable "what is that" question comes.

Isn't that the best part of shirts like this? What better way to make yourself feel superior to others.

skatimmy737

Oh man, it's all coming back to me. The second through forth player buttons on the arcade machines had multiple little "hooray!" guys on them.

And they always reminded you that winners, despite popular belief, do not do drugs.

TryshaSomething

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TryshaSomething

ABACABB !!

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 36 Private Messages sellbuyer92

Most of the W00t shirts these past two weeks have been pretty rockin', very nicely done.

Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
glazedfaith wrote:I'm sad. I'd love the shirt if it didn't say start under the button. I like the way the images are substitutes for words, but putting the word defeats the purpose.

It bugs me that the start button icon has the guy with his arms up instead of down. The shirt loses a significant amount of retro arcade cred in my opinion due to that. Just google Mortal Kombat Control Panel or arcade start button, or go to the Mortal Kombat entry on KLOV.com (Killer List Of Videogames), and you'll be hard pressed to find any start button for any MK game or any major (fighting) arcade game for that matter with hands up iconography on a Start button.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

omgitswillwill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgitswillwill

That input is also commonly known as the "DP" (short for dragon punch). Adds new meaning to the shirt.

edit: whoops, misread the input.

jeffemming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffemming
eepeep wrote:It bugs me that the start button icon has the guy with his arms up instead of down. The shirt loses a significant amount of retro arcade cred in my opinion due to that. Just google Mortal Kombat Control Panel or arcade start button, or go to the Mortal Kombat entry on KLOV.com (Killer List Of Videogames), and you'll be hard pressed to find any start button for any MK game or any major (fighting) arcade game for that matter with hands up iconography on a Start button.

Yeah, I had the same problem with the shirt. Oh well, just won't be a buy for me.

Karzon

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Karzon
omgitswillwill wrote:That input is also commonly known as the "DP" (short for dragon punch). Adds new meaning to the shirt.

No, that would be forward down down-forward, this is forward down forward.

charliesmom4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages charliesmom4

Ah, I believe this is the jump kick move.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
bendb wrote:Yeap, you are right:
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Sub-Zero/Moveset

According to that Mortal Kombat wiki website, Sub Zero's fatality is:

Spine Rip: Forward, Down, Forward, High Punch. (Close)

The t-shirt shows it as : Forward, Down, Forward PLUS Button (<--infers simultaneous button press of Forward and an attack button).

...so if you're a retro arcade gamer who wants to show off Sub Zero's finishing move..., it's the wrong move list being shown.

It would be like wearing a shirt with the Konami Code printed incorrectly.

....or is this the ultimate prank like telling someone to press A+B+C+Start on the Sega Saturn version of Tomb Raider to enable nude mode?

[edit: for current gen console gamers, I should have rephrased the last sentence to "....or is this the ultimate prank like telling someone to press and hold down R1, R2, L1, L2, Start and Select simultaneously on any PlayStation 3 Squaresoft Final Fantasy or KOEI game to unlock all DLC?"]

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats Spacesick, sweet design!

jimmah120

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimmah120

this shirt reminds me of those puzzles under the mickey's malt liquor caps that i'm not good at.

DebEdit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DebEdit

Doesn't it bother anyone that the apostrophe is facing the wrong way?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

This is a shirt that just shouts, "Get over here!!!"

And yeah, that was the other ninja, but it's a great catchphrase.

subzero512

quality posts: 2 Private Messages subzero512

Hmmm... a shirt about me?

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats Spacesick! Awesome print!

Vicarz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vicarz

Nerds wear black - colors are scary, and someone who is well-versed in video games doesn't typically want to stand out with a
RED SHIRT.

Just sayin'

I would have gotten one if we could choose color (and I miss the old brand too) of fabric. I've seen too many original episodes to beam down in one of these.

Marguerite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Marguerite

Arrgggghh ... that's a single opening quote before "em" and not an apostrophe. (Sorry, compulsive editor)

sl8763

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sl8763

My first thoughts on seeing the design:

"I don't a challenger appears fights, I hadouken them."

(Upon closer inspection I noticed the different controller motion, but then I also noticed the weird "hands-up" pose on the guy, as mentioned above.)

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

Great design, but it'll go over the heads of anyone born after 1990. This shirt makes me feel old because I get it...

Yeah, so there's that...

stubbs4prez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stubbs4prez

Congrats on the amazing shirt. Also congrats on living in Toledo... that is not easy to do. I should know I have been here for 12 years now.

jsh139

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jsh139

I had a dedicated 25" MK1 arcade machine back in the day. I had MK1, MK2, and Killer Instinct PCBs in there that I could swap in about a minute. *sniff* I loved that game.

Insert signature here.

yakimikku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yakimikku

"Because any jerk with a headband and a karate gi can throw a stupid fireball."

...is now being quoted on my fb. :D

ses4j

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ses4j

Ever since I saw an article (http://www.visualeditors.com/apple/2009/04/if-youre-a-copy-editor-dont-read-this/) about the Orioles messing up their apostrophe thanks to Word smartquotes, I see it everywhere. But I thought, at least at Woot, I'd be okay. Until now. Is nowhere safe anymore??

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios

Can you someone tell me when shirts went up to $12 on release day? I didn't see anything in the blog or elsewhere to announce a price increase. Is this a one time or is this inflation in woot nation?

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
tanios wrote:Can you someone tell me when shirts went up to $12 on release day? I didn't see anything in the blog or elsewhere to announce a price increase. Is this a one time or is this inflation in woot nation?

Um...

This happened months ago.