orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone
eepeep wrote:It bugs me that the start button icon has the guy with his arms up instead of down.

I'm inclined to wonder if the One Player and Two Player buttons are protected designs, thus making it a necessity to change it up a bit.

Because if not, that is a disappointing change.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
skatimmy737 wrote:Man this shirt takes me back. Sometimes I think my generation were the last to experience the arcade craze.

I didn't even get the shirt because this was after my arcade time. However, at one point I probably could have done the first two PacMan screens with my eyes closed.

Asteroids was also big.

I actually prefer pinball.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

tanios wrote:Can you someone tell me when shirts went up to $12 on release day? I didn't see anything in the blog or elsewhere to announce a price increase. Is this a one time or is this inflation in woot nation?

Answers can be found herein.

kmeltzer

quality posts: 33 Private Messages kmeltzer

Youth sizes made in the USA... so my kid may be in luck! Adult sizes aren't, so no shirt for me.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

I like this, but it looks really familiar. Was it recently up for voting somewhere else? I know I've seen it before. A google search really only pulls up a bunch of tumblr photos where the arrows are going in different directions (more like a hadouken)...

Anyone else know? It will drive me crazy if I can't figure out where I saw it.

EDIT: It's also possible I saw the image on spacesick's website when woot printed The Land Down, Down Under. Curse this poor memory.

cbabcock2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cbabcock2

Toledo - Red Baron - Good Times!

tanios

quality posts: 12 Private Messages tanios
goldenthorn wrote:Answers can be found herein.

Much appreciated. Didn't even notice it back then and my eyes must have glossed over the price whenever I've been on the shirt.woot page.

tmillerwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmillerwoot

I still have them (The game boards). Not in a dedicated cabinet, but one of the sit down style from Japan with rotatable monitor. Now if I can just get power to my game shed!

mgrizzl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mgrizzl
Vicarz wrote:Nerds wear black - colors are scary, and someone who is well-versed in video games doesn't typically want to stand out with a
RED SHIRT.

Just sayin'

I would have gotten one if we could choose color (and I miss the old brand too) of fabric. I've seen too many original episodes to beam down in one of these.

I love black shirts but it is hard to find a good red shirt(bright colors make me self-conscious) to wear on Fridays for the Red Shirt Fridays to show support of our troops. This might be the right one to wear.

AudiG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AudiG

When reading I often skip words/parts. I read this "I don't start fights, I down right own 'em."

quality posts: 9 Private Messages 00000100

I'm a competitive Street Fighter player, and though I don't dabble in Mortal Kombat, I bought it for the arcade love.

Only slightly related, but for anyone who is into arcades, check out this video: http://youtu.be/b4fy9FKD0DY
It's worth it.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
orthancstone wrote:I'm inclined to wonder if the One Player and Two Player buttons are protected designs, thus making it a necessity to change it up a bit.

Because if not, that is a disappointing change.

It's the same shape as men's restroom signs, and is not protected.

I'm not a lawyer, but I had a memorable conversation with a very good one about trademarking images. The specific example he gave me was Wonder Woman. You can Trademark letters/words, but not shapes. DC couldn't trademark Wonder Woman's eagle, so they incorporated two W's into her logo/emblem.

http://kleinletters.com/Blog/?p=746

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

seikokk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seikokk

Everytime I read shirt.woot shirt comments I always find someone saying the shirts aren't made in the US anymore.

I tried doing some research on it, but I can't find anything about it, most I found was a post on woot about raising the price to keep them being made in the good ol' US of A.

Is there something I've missed?

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

seikokk wrote:Everytime I read shirt.woot shirt comments I always find someone saying the shirts aren't made in the US anymore.

I tried doing some research on it, but I can't find anything about it, most I found was a post on woot about raising the price to keep them being made in the good ol' US of A.

Indeed there is!
Here are some threads with information about the switch (the two main ones are really easily spotted in even the most cursory perusal of the top threads if you clicked over to the world of shirt.woot forum!):
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

SailorSpork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SailorSpork
eepeep wrote:
It would be like wearing a shirt with the Konami Code printed incorrectly.

http://www.nerdyshirts.com/haduken-t-shirt

Or like proudly wearing a popular shirt that says "Haduken" instead of "Hadouken?" Most people still get it, and for those that are picky, it's probably a good conversation starter.

Woots:
Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub x1
Screaming Monkey with Black Woot Cape x3
Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter – 2-Pack x2
SanDisk 1GB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder x1

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
blue_94_trooper wrote:I didn't even get the shirt because this was after my arcade time. However, at one point I probably could have done the first two PacMan screens with my eyes closed.

Asteroids was also big.

I actually prefer pinball.

Pinball was my style, too. Unfortunately, I rarely made it past screen 2 in PacMan!

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

eepeep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages eepeep
SailorSpork wrote:http://www.nerdyshirts.com/haduken-t-shirt

Or like proudly wearing a popular shirt that says "Haduken" instead of "Hadouken?" Most people still get it, and for those that are picky, it's probably a good conversation starter.

I would be all over a shirt that had mis-quoted fight quotes, like Chun-Li's "eat my feet" (which was actually spinning bird kick).

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and binds the universe together.

wildebeest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wildebeest
DebEdit wrote:Doesn't it bother anyone that the apostrophe is facing the wrong way?

Yes. If you hadn't commented, I would have.

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv
kmeltzer wrote:Youth sizes made in the USA... so my kid may be in luck! Adult sizes aren't, so no shirt for me.

Where did you find that at. I thought all Woot shirts were made in the good ol' USA.

joe43wv

seikokk wrote:Everytime I read shirt.woot shirt comments I always find someone saying the shirts aren't made in the US anymore.

I've always been under the same assumption. $12 for a shirt made in the USA is well worth it.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake
DebEdit wrote:Doesn't it bother anyone that the apostrophe is facing the wrong way?

Yes, it is actually kind of painful...

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

joe43wv wrote:Where did you find that at. I thought all Woot shirts were made in the good ol' USA.

Please look a few posts up. To my previous post. Scroll it, yo.

seikokk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seikokk
goldenthorn wrote:Indeed there is!
Here are some threads with information about the switch (the two main ones are really easily spotted in even the most cursory perusal of the top threads if you clicked over to the world of shirt.woot forum!):
Main Anvil Thread
Lady Sizes
American Apparel and Anvil: A comparison
New shirt blanks - active testing from community folks

Thanks for throwing those links out there for me! I really appreciate that, I doubt I ever would have found those, especially when I never knew about the forum!

Thanks again!

Also, thanks to the guys who explained the shirt! closest arcade to me when I was growing up was an hour away, and the only fatality I've ever done was from the furious button mashing at the end of a round.

joe43wv

goldenthorn wrote:Please look a few posts up. To my previous post. Scroll it, yo.

Thanks goldenthorn. Now that I know that I understand Woot's position and appreciate their business decision and why they did it. It's great to see that Woot stands behind its products and workers rights. The shirts may be made in Honduras but I'm still going to purchase shirts from here for the workers rights they stand for. Hopefully Woot can find a shirt company and bring it back to the USA but until then I'm still going to spend my money on these AWSOME shirts.

vithoun

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vithoun

A,B,A,C,A,B,B,A was a code for Shadowrun on the Genesis. Dont know what other games though.

endyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages endyou
vithoun wrote:A,B,A,C,A,B,B,A was a code for Shadowrun on the Genesis. Dont know what other games though.

don't forget the cheat menu code-down-up-left-left-A-right-down...

kmeltzer

quality posts: 33 Private Messages kmeltzer
joe43wv wrote:Where did you find that at. I thought all Woot shirts were made in the good ol' USA.

You can look at the sizing chart. It tells you which shirts are made in the USA and which they farm out to people overseas and contribute to foreign economies and not our own.

joe43wv

kmeltzer wrote:You can look at the sizing chart. It tells you which shirts are made in the USA and which they farm out to people overseas and contribute to foreign economies and not our own.

Found it. Thanks kmeltzer.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
joe43wv wrote:Thanks goldenthorn. Now that I know that I understand Woot's position and appreciate their business decision and why they did it. It's great to see that Woot stands behind its products and workers rights. The shirts may be made in Honduras but I'm still going to purchase shirts from here for the workers rights they stand for. Hopefully Woot can find a shirt company and bring it back to the USA but until then I'm still going to spend my money on these AWSOME shirts.

Note: Some are also coming from Nicaragua as well, and I personally haven't seen woot mention anything about the working conditions there. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though!

joe43wv

newnie wrote:Note: Some are also coming from Nicaragua as well, and I personally haven't seen woot mention anything about the working conditions there. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong though!

I'm quoting from the article posted here.

http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4882626

morrdigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages morrdigan

I really like this shirt. But I hate Anvil. The fabric is horrible. I come and look at the shirt designs daily still but I won't be buying them from woot anymore. It makes me sad.

meanwhile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages meanwhile

Inverted apostrophe fatality! O_o

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

It's like that episode of Malcom in the Middle...

"No one believes I beat the last level of Mortal Kombat"

"Because that's just ridiculous. No one beats Sub-Zero".

link to sound clip (I love the internet)
http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/malcolm-mk.wav

melancholy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melancholy
vithoun wrote:A,B,A,C,A,B,B,A was a code for Shadowrun on the Genesis. Dont know what other games though.

ABACABB was the blood code for the Genesis Mortal Kombat. Which would make more sense in terms of this shirt.

JohnnyCab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnnyCab

Actually the Genesis Shadowrun code is ABBACAB. I remember it distinctly 'cause I always imagined it in a french guy's voice

"A bee bee, ah see a bee!"

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

First Day Sales: 1069

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: dynamogundam
Last purchase time: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 11:57:27 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 20.680s
Woot wage: $3,005.31
Woots sold: 1069

Last wooter to woot: jimkneer
Last purchase time: Friday, April 13, 2012, 12:24:39 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 22.130s
Woot wage: $3,686.88
Woots sold: 1070

First day sales 1069

pernillebirck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pernillebirck

i sooo want this shirt.. how do i get a reprint?
/pernille