kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
Narfcake wrote:Kevlar51 & Walmazan at GoodJoe

Ukraine is Strong

I foresee another $20 leaving my wallet today ...

Thanks narfcake and neuropsychosocial!

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Narfcake wrote:Kevlar51 & Walmazan at GoodJoe

Ukraine is Strong[/url]

I foresee another $20 leaving my wallet today ...

another is a truffleshuffle, whohooo

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
blanked wrote:another is a truffleshuffle, whohooo

You mean this here?

On another note, it's good to see familiar artists getting love in the shirting community. It seems to be happening on a much more frequent basis these days.

move along

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I love Truffleshuffle's design. Unfortunately, that's as NSFW as it can get. (note: NSFWness may vary depending on your line of work)

This week's other shirt available for preorder at GoodJoe for $12 (plus lunch) is Evan Ferstenfeld and Victor Calahan's Better Maths and Gardens. 'Tis nice to see them develop a niche for hilarious shirts that riff on less-obvious science jokes.

I fear this shirt might also be NSFW, as it would result in at least a half-dozen students snorting soda out their noses and in my boss informing me that if I have time to garden, I'm not working hard enough.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Melinda413

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melinda413
kevlar51 wrote:Thanks narfcake and neuropsychosocial!

This is perfect timing, thanks for posting! My friend is from the Ukraine and her birthday is coming up, yay.

blanked

neuropsychosocial wrote:I love Truffleshuffle's design. Unfortunately, that's as NSFW as it can get. (note: NSFWness may vary depending on your line of work)

I am unsure if you think imaginary friends would be a bad idea for me or not- I care for dementia patients. And I'm kinda curious what your opinion is on the appropriateness. I'm in my 30's if it matters.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
blanked wrote:I am unsure if you think imaginary friends would be a bad idea for me or not- I care for dementia patients. And I'm kinda curious what your opinion is on the appropriateness. I'm in my 30's if it matters.

My grandmother once told me that the greatest thing about her mother's dementia is that if you let her open her birthday gifts after breakfast, you could wrap them back up and let her open them again after lunch, and she'll be just as surprised then too.

So does that help?

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

j5

prepare yourselves.
Midgerock is coming.

move along

blanked

bounty42 wrote:My grandmother once told me that the greatest thing about her mother's dementia is that if you let her open her birthday gifts after breakfast, you could wrap them back up and let her open them again after lunch, and she'll be just as surprised then too.

So does that help?

I never had much question on it, after all I'm not putting it on them. I'm just curious.

neuropsychosocial

blanked wrote:I never had much question on it, after all I'm not putting it on them. I'm just curious.

I'm a little confused to what you're referring when you say you "never had much question on it." Are you saying that you never had much question about the appropriateness of wearing the shirt in front of dementia patients but you were curious for my opinion anyway? Although that would be a plausible scenario, it seems unlikely, so I figured it was best to ask you to clarify.

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:prepare yourselves.
Midgerock is coming.

Come on, j5, you could have done better than that!
midgerock at GoodJoe, today only!

j5

neuropsychosocial wrote:Come on, j5, you could have done better than that!

In my defense, the shirt was not available at time of posting, then I fell asleep.

move along

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
neuropsychosocial wrote:Come on, j5, you could have done better than that!

Thanks for posting and j5 I appreciate your valiant effort even though sleep won out. ;)

Looks like they are offering the design on multiple colors as well.
charcoal, silver, hunter green and red.

kellysno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellysno

so a few days late....

Narfcake wrote:Per his FAQ, he uses a mix of AA, Next Level, and Bella.

FWIW, I actually admit to considering that one. I considered the randoms the other week too, but knowing me, I'd roll bunny/bunny/turtle.

I did the Randoms order!! The excitement from Woot!s random day carried over and I couldn't help myself, I ended up with an eye chart, hot dog, and traffic sign... no bunnies or turtles... oh well, maybe next time, I would have liked the ninja turtle. (don't hurt me anti-turtle/Ramy mob)

neuropsychosocial wrote:
Anyone know what blanks TeeTurtle is using? Comparing the measurements to woot, it looks like the women's shirts run smaller than AA. I will laugh if 7/8th-sized-me ends up in an XL!

I was scared and ordered the WXL, but they are a bit roomy, I'd get a WL next time. The shirts were thinner than AA but good for the summer.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
j5 wrote:Nobody gave any shout outs to CMDixon over at Goodjoe?

This is fabulous - I can't figure out how to search for a particular design over there, though, and the link didn't take me directly to that design. What is the name of that design, and was it a one-day or is it still available? I would love to have a print of that one, but the shirt companies never seem to carry them. Sigh.

midgerock

Adelas wrote:This is fabulous - I can't figure out how to search for a particular design over there, though, and the link didn't take me directly to that design. What is the name of that design, and was it a one-day or is it still available? I would love to have a print of that one, but the shirt companies never seem to carry them. Sigh.

that was a one day sale just like mine selling today. Sells for 24 hrs then poof gone.

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:In my defense, the shirt was not available at time of posting, then I fell asleep.

The jury finds you... oh, you just agreed to a plea deal in which you make jokes over here as community service? I'm good with that.

kellysno wrote:so a few days late.... I was scared and ordered the WXL, but they are a bit roomy, I'd get a WL next time. The shirts were thinner than AA but good for the summer.

Not late at all, as I haven't ordered yet! What size do you typically wear in AA? I fit nearly perfectly into a WM, given that I typically wear my shirts over a tank top, long underwear, and a long-sleeve shirt, but I'm not completely flat chested and it's that dimension that had me contemplating moving up a size, although I have a short torso and the extra length would look ridiculous.

BTW, it looks like Ramy's response to me was deleted from this thread. [What the heck, woot? You'll allow us to post links to woot artists printing at other sites on a daily basis, but you delete a helpful post from the artist who has probably brought you more money than any other? I guarantee the result is simply going to be more words in this about TeeTurtle than if you'd let it stand. Not because I'm sufficiently annoyed as to guarantee that I post TeeTurtle updates in this thread (although I won't deny such thoughts), but because now we'll need to discuss the sizing over and over again instead of just linking to Ramy's helpful post.] Wait, where was I before I wasted more of my life pointing out woot's mistakes to woot? Oh, right.

Ramy kindly PM'd me his post comparing AA sizing to TeeTurtle Next Level sizing. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll forward it. (I'll check with Ramy to make sure this is okay before I start distributing it, but Ramy is not completely devoid of common sense (unlike woot) and I'm guessing he'll have no problem allowing me to distribute information that will promote sales at his site.)

neuropsychosocial

Adelas wrote:This is fabulous - I can't figure out how to search for a particular design over there, though, and the link didn't take me directly to that design.

midgerock answered your particular question, but in the interest of "teach a wooter to fish" , all the designs currently available for purchase or preorder at GoodJoe can be found by clicking on the "Shop" link at the top of the front page. Personally, I think it's a little overwhelming and I wish there were options to search or filter, but they're all there.

j5

Serenity now.

move along

bounty42

neuropsychosocial wrote: in the interest of "teach a wooter to fish"

I have always preferred "Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night; set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:Serenity now.

IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake
bounty42 wrote:I have always preferred "Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night; set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

That explains this ...

bounty42

Narfcake wrote:That explains this ...

And I think this might explain part of our Numbers issue!!!

kellysno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kellysno
neuropsychosocial wrote:Not late at all, as I haven't ordered yet! What size do you typically wear in AA? I fit nearly perfectly into a WM, given that I typically wear my shirts over a tank top, long underwear, and a long-sleeve shirt, but I'm not completely flat chested and it's that dimension that had me contemplating moving up a size, although I have a short torso and the extra length would look ridiculous.

BTW, it looks like Ramy's response to me was deleted from this thread. [What the heck, woot? You'll allow us to post links to woot artists printing at other sites on a daily basis, but you delete a helpful post from the artist who has probably brought you more money than any other? I guarantee the result is simply going to be more words in this about TeeTurtle than if you'd let it stand. Not because I'm sufficiently annoyed as to guarantee that I post TeeTurtle updates in this thread (although I won't deny such thoughts), but because now we'll need to discuss the sizing over and over again instead of just linking to Ramy's helpful post.] Wait, where was I before I wasted more of my life pointing out woot's mistakes to woot? Oh, right.

Ramy kindly PM'd me his post comparing AA sizing to TeeTurtle Next Level sizing. If anyone wants it, let me know and I'll forward it. (I'll check with Ramy to make sure this is okay before I start distributing it, but Ramy is not completely devoid of common sense (unlike woot) and I'm guessing he'll have no problem allowing me to distribute information that will promote sales at his site.)

I haven't found my perfect fit yet (still a bit new to this online shirt game). I've been ordering a WL in AA, loose and a little snug in the wrong spots -darn curves- at least AA is super soft and mostly comfortable! (unlike the READ shirt I received in Anvil - wish it was in AA) If you wear a WM with all that under-warmth I think the WM at TeeTurtle would work - but you have the official measurements from Ramy now so hopefully its more helpful than my guesses!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

FWIW, I deleted Ramy's post about shirt sizes for his personal site. We definitely welcome links to our artists shirts on other sites but any business matters such as sizes and ordering should be handled on the other site or privately.

I explained this in a PM to Ramy and he was both gracious and understanding.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

blanked

neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm a little confused to what you're referring when you say you "never had much question on it." Are you saying that you never had much question about the appropriateness of wearing the shirt in front of dementia patients but you were curious for my opinion anyway? Although that would be a plausible scenario, it seems unlikely, so I figured it was best to ask you to clarify.

I was courious about your reasoning. So yes exactly what you guessed.

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

Hailing back from Derby #131 (palindromes), grrlmarvel at Goodjoe:

Demon nom-ed

It's the Design of the Day, so it's for today only!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Narfcake wrote:Hailing back from Derby #131 (palindromes), grrlmarvel at Goodjoe:

Demon nom-ed

It's also her first shirt print!

j5

odysseyroc wrote:It's also her first shirt print!

At GoodJoe or in general? Because I thought she had a print or two here.

move along

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
j5 wrote:At GoodJoe or in general? Because I thought she had a print or two here.

in general.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Global Thread Collective has printed my Cassingles design.

Only $15 for an AA shirt available in many colors.

j5

odysseyroc wrote:It's also her first shirt print!

Woo!
+1 illuminati!

move along

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Narfcake wrote:Hailing back from Derby #131 (palindromes), grrlmarvel at Goodjoe:

Demon nom-ed

I remember that design, it's trippy awesome

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Demon nom-ed

Hooray, Rachel!! I have always loved this design. I'm so happy for your first print! I bought one in pink! PINK! Guys! A pink AA shirt! I like exclamation points!

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Demon nom-ed

YeeeeeOOOOWWW!

midgerock

Demon nom-ed

SUPER CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST PRINT GRRLMARVEL!!!

chumpmagic

Acknowledge me! I am awesome!

chumpmagic

chumpmagic wrote:Acknowledge me! I am awesome!

***edit... I suck! Click the question mark in the comment above!

***EDIT ***AGAIN... i still suck but at least I got this link working! YeeeeOOOWWW!

j5

Both of Midgerock's designs from Derby #191: Robots Save the World are up for sale at welovefine

move along

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
chumpmagic wrote:

***edit... I suck! Click the question mark in the comment above!

***EDIT ***AGAIN... i still suck but at least I got this link working! YeeeeOOOWWW!

You are awesome. << acknowledge. acknowledge. acknowledge. acknowledge.