elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Narfcake wrote:I believe the Yetee uses Gildan Softstyle, 64000 and 64000L blanks. IIRC, they're comparable to AA for the gals, but for guys, they're over an inch shorter in length.

Just to report back, I FINALLY got this shirt...almost a month later (ridiculous imo for a shirt going a few states away). It's printed on TulTex.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
j5 wrote:Both of Midgerock's designs from Derby #191: Robots Save the World are up for sale at welovefine

thank you j5 for the post! I have always loved these designs and glad they have an official home at welovefine.com!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Doomcat at RIPT today.
Remember this Derby favorite?

move along

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
elankat wrote:Just to report back, I FINALLY got this shirt...almost a month later (ridiculous imo for a shirt going a few states away). It's printed on TulTex.

Really? I got mine surprisingly quickly given Customs needed to let it sit on a shelf for a while to see if it would explode (or at least that's my theory on Customs delays).

I got one tee on AA but the other two are TulTex.

loridi

j5 wrote:Doomcat at RIPT today.

Firefly/Serenity awesomeness

I had to buy this despite it being brown. Once again t-shirt purchases spiral out of control. Still, I got to support a fellow Ottawa... How the heck do people from Ottawa refer to themselves?

j5

loridi wrote:How the heck do people from Ottawa refer to themselves?

Ottobot?
or maybe it's Ottowan.

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:Ottobot?
or maybe it's Ottowan.

Ottowan Kenobi, I'm pretty sure.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

Mavyn wrote:Ottowan Kenobi, I'm pretty sure.

Ottowanna grow up, I'm a Toys-R-Us kid.

move along

loridi

j5 wrote:Ottobot?
or maybe it's Ottowan.

Mavyn wrote:Ottowan Kenobi, I'm pretty sure.

I am torn over which one to go with, they both so appeal to my inner geek.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
loridi wrote:I am torn over which one to go with, they both so appeal to my inner geek.

Split the difference? Ottowattanbot?

Just don't do Ottowaddo, we use sweat shops, not human slave pilots.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

I have a slightly reworked old Derby entry up as Goodjoe's design of the day today: Up and Away!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
amreli wrote:I have a slightly reworked old Derby entry up as Goodjoe's design of the day today: Up and Away!

Congratulations! I love the color pallet in this.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli
neuropsychosocial wrote:Congratulations! I love the color pallet in this.

Thanks! I'm just glad this guy gets a chance.

kharmazero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero

mad robot is the contest winner of the week at A Better Tomorrow.

avalaible here
http://www.a-better-tomorrow.com/customer/show_product/7220

neuropsychosocial

Every house is built by some animal, but the builder of all things is J.K. Rowling (HP 3:4). Occasionally assisted by R.A. Myb.
Over on teeturtle: four new Harry Potter designs.

Technically, these were new several days ago, but we've all been busy linking folks to the brand-new news that woot is printing on Anvil, so we've fallen down a little on this thread. Sorry, y'all!

j5

neuropsychosocial wrote:Technically, these were new several days ago, but we've all been busy linking folks to the brand-new news that woot is printing on Anvil, so we've fallen down a little on this thread. Sorry, y'all!

Not sure if advertising someone's personal store is kosher. It's not like these were derby entries or anything.

move along

j5

go get you some ThatRobert in purple, yo:

move along

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
j5 wrote:Not sure if advertising someone's personal store is kosher. It's not like these were derby entries or anything.

Well, the topic is "Shirt.woot Artists' Designs For Sale At Other Sites", so it does fit here ...

Speaking of which, thatrobert at GoodJoe today:

The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things

Available one day only!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
j5 wrote:go get you some ThatRobert in purple, yo:

Thanks j5 and Narf! Not only available in purple. I got me a heather gray AA shirt. I really miss those...

j5

Narfcake wrote:Well, the topic is "Shirt.woot Artists' Designs For Sale At Other Sites", so it does fit here

To that point, should we start linking to artist's RedBubble stores? How about the Woot artist RedBubble group?

It seems to me outside of the spirit of this thing, but I don't know much.

move along

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
j5 wrote:To that point, should we start linking to artist's RedBubble stores? How about the Woot artist RedBubble group?

It seems to me outside of the spirit of this thing, but I don't know much.

I agree

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bounty42

bluetuba wrote:I agree

I think we're looking at an incidence level. GoodJoe prints shirts, but not every shirt is a Woot Artist shirt. Every TeeTurtle Print is a Ramyb print. GoodJoe prints from Random Artists come up every 3 days or so, but never on a regular schedule. TeeTurtles come up every Friday.

So while "Hey, RamyB started TeeTurtle, go check it out!" is on topic, and "RamyB's 4th place design from derby 276 is up on TeeTurtle." is on topic, a post every friday with this weeks new TeeTurtle Tees is off topic. I also think we've been really loose with the definition of Woot Artist, but that's just me.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
bluetuba wrote:I agree

Yes, yes, J5 doesn't know much. Wait, is that not what you were agreeing with? :p

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Heh, I was actually working on a longer more specific post but got interrupted by work and never came back to it.

I agree that there is a difference between a site like Goodjoe and somebodies personal sales site.

The function of this thread has been to highlight other daily tee sites when they feature woot derby regulars or print old derby designs.

Pimping Ramyb every time he prints himself on his own site isn't really the same thing.

It feels icky to me and doesn't belong.

I think this sums it up.

bounty42 wrote:So while "Hey, RamyB started TeeTurtle, go check it out!" is on topic, and "RamyB's 4th place design from derby 276 is up on TeeTurtle." is on topic, a post every friday with this weeks new TeeTurtle Tees is off topic.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bounty42

bluetuba wrote:The function of this thread has been to highlight other daily tee sites when they feature woot derby regulars or print old derby designs.

Pimping Ramyb every time he prints himself on his own site isn't really the same thing.

Except when RamyB is printing his own ex-Derby posts, on the rare occasion they don't win...

j5

bounty42 wrote:Except when RamyB is printing his own ex-Derby posts, on the rare occasion they don't win...

Not really, but I can see how a Wooter might be interested, so it gets a marginal pass.
On the ither hand, getting a print at a contest site or getting a daily at one of the majors is an achievement, and should be celebrated. Hurrah for the artist!

move along

neuropsychosocial

A few suggestions after reading the responses since last night:
1) Let's make a list with links to stores run by woot artists; if the store regularly updates on a particular schedule, let's include that information. If a store prints on a particular blank, let's include that information.
- I'm willing to maintain that list. I suggest either that we host it off-site (out of woot's control; can be maintained after some of us who are planning to leave woot actually leave), or that Narfcake edits the second post in this thread to include the list (this would make it easy to find but would require Narf being willing to edit/update when I send him new info).

2) "Woot artist" is anyone who has printed at woot and/or has submitted regularly to Derbies over an extended period of time. Whoever posts the image/link to prints at another site gets to decide what "regular"/"extended" means. If you disagree that an artist qualifies as a "woot artist," see suggestion #4.

3) Any image submitted to a Derby that prints at a site other than zazzle/cafepress-type sites has earned an image/link in this thread.
- In general, no links to zazzle/cafepress-type sites.

4) If you don't think a particular print should be included in this thread, don't click on the link; instead, curse the person who posted the link for wasting 10 seconds of your life. If this thread becomes flooded with daily posts by artists who have submitted one Derby entry that received 3 votes total, maybe we need some actual rules instead of vague guidelines.

Minor plea based on personal experience: if you post an image to this thread, please try to post a "small" image instead of a large one in order to be kind to those who check in via smartphone.

j5

neuropsychosocial wrote:
Minor plea based on personal experience: if you post an image to this thread, please try to post a "small" image instead of a large one in order to be kind to those who check in via smartphone.

Says the lady posting the biggest image real estate so far.

I'm not a fan of over regulation. Takes the fun out of things.

move along

neuropsychosocial

j5 wrote:Says the lady posting the biggest image real estate so far.

That drove me absolutely nuts: teeturtle flips over the small thumbnails to detailed close-ups when you mouse-over them and I couldn't figure out how to get the locations of the small images to post them here; if anyone has instructions for me, I'd appreciate it, but trust me - it went on my list of suggestions for Ramy and I had already declared that posting large images was a one-shot deal; if the small ones weren't available, I wasn't posting anything, because of how strongly I feel about posting small images instead of large ones.

j5

neuropsychosocial wrote:That drove me absolutely nuts: teeturtle flips over the small thumbnails to detailed close-ups when you mouse-over them and I couldn't figure out how to get the locations of the small images to post them here; if anyone has instructions for me, I'd appreciate it, but trust me - it went on my list of suggestions for Ramy and I had already declared that posting large images was a one-shot deal; if the small ones weren't available, I wasn't posting anything, because of how strongly I feel about posting small images instead of large ones.

[img=90%x90%]http://image.jpg[/img]

move along

bounty42

neuropsychosocial wrote:That drove me absolutely nuts: teeturtle flips over the small thumbnails to detailed close-ups when you mouse-over them and I couldn't figure out how to get the locations of the small images to post them here; if anyone has instructions for me, I'd appreciate it, but trust me - it went on my list of suggestions for Ramy and I had already declared that posting large images was a one-shot deal; if the small ones weren't available, I wasn't posting anything, because of how strongly I feel about posting small images instead of large ones.

WOOT uses BBCODE 2.1 IIRC. The code you are looking for is
IMG=###x###
So those are 600x450, so if we use, say img=200x150

j5

bounty42 wrote:WOOT uses BBCODE 2.1 IIRC. The code you are looking for is
IMG=###x###
So those are 600x450, so if we use, say img=200x150

Yawn

move along

bounty42

j5 wrote:Yawn

[big]Doesn't Work[/big]
[small]Nor does this[/small]
[s]was struck[/s]

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
j5 wrote:go get you some ThatRobert in purple, yo:

Finally a good reason to get my 1st purple t-shirt.

Narfcake

j5 wrote:Not really, but I can see how a Wooter might be interested, so it gets a marginal pass.
On the other hand, getting a print at a contest site or getting a daily at one of the majors is an achievement, and should be celebrated. Hurrah for the artist!

So in other words, posting ramyb at TeeFury today is okay ...

Shopping Kart

(Talk about the coincidental timing of the discussion! FWIW, this was submitted in derby #231. Also, lets see if the commenters at TF do better this time than last time, in which 45 of them couldn't figure that they could actually purchase the side art on shirts.)

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:So in other words, posting ramyb at TeeFury today is okay ...

Actually, I'm pretty sure that this discussion summarizes as, "We prefer to complain than to engage in critical analysis."

Fair warning: since the consensus seems to be that any kind of guidelines "kill fun," I'm going to continue to post new designs at teeturtle if I happen to notice them. They certainly fit the thread title of "Shirt.woot artists' designs for sale at other sites." If you don't like it, feel free to complain, to whine, or to avoid clicking on said links and purchasing said shirts. I did my best to engage with the concerns raised about posting links to teeturtle and my response was unanimously rejected. Since you've clarified for me that this is merely a free-for-all, I'll be sure to play by the same rules that you are.

Narfcake

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Narfcake wrote:ChumpMagic at KYSO

Ogre Hates Nerds

Thanks Narfcake!

This is a very rare moment as I almost NEVER do pop-culture/ reference designs (although "revenge of the nerds" is a bit out dated), but I couldn't pass up this wonderful opportunity to fight fire with fire

j5

From the poetry derby, a new daily comes to Goodjoe.
Where the Sidewalk Ends by ShikaUsstan

move along

mdillard9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mdillard9

Awesome I wanted that one when it was in the poetry derby. Now to go buy my 2nd Goodjoe shirt ever.