1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

tbwulf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbwulf

Uh, it's obviously a reference to something, but I have no clue what.

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

Mass Effect 3, but I had to look it up.

Apparently, the ending sucked and the joke is that the last boss "Marauder" was added to stop you from getting to the 'disappointing end'

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

For those wanting a little bit of info and are possibly confused about today's shirt here's a little Know your meme link (Hint: It's about Mass Effect 3)

odysseyroc

quality posts: 32 Private Messages odysseyroc

Everybody is waiting for somebody to tell them what this is referencing, so they can make their clever puns.

mutters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mutters
tbwulf wrote:Uh, it's obviously a reference to something, but I have no clue what.

It's a reference to Mass Effect 3, at the end, before you go face your disappointing ending haha, the last enemy that you face as you limp towards the citadel lol. "His name was Marauder Shields"

jasonAP

quality posts: 15 Private Messages jasonAP
tbwulf wrote:Uh, it's obviously a reference to something, but I have no clue what.

Here's your reference:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/marauder-shields

magicwiser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages magicwiser

I feel like the condition sums up my feeling of the shirt...

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot
odysseyroc wrote:Everybody is waiting for somebody to tell them what this is referencing, so they can make their clever puns.

I didn't know. And still don't know after I know. But I saw the title and was sure I would see something about massage.

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

So why would I want to wear a shirt about happy endings? Awkward.

tbwulf

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbwulf

Ah, that would explain why I don't get it, I've never played any of the ME games.

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

I played through Mass Effect 3 and I had absolutely no idea what this was. Why would I buy a shirt of a random meme that wasn't even popular enough to make it to someone who played the entire game and spends tons of time online? Weird choice Woot... weird...

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 110 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

*Spoiler alert!* I have no idea what this is referencing...

Oh it's Mass effect.

magicwiser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages magicwiser
StarBob wrote:I played through Mass Effect 3 and I had absolutely no idea what this was. Why would I buy a shirt of a random meme that wasn't even popular enough to make it to someone who played the entire game and spends tons of time online? Weird choice Woot... weird...

Clearly Woot has over-estimated our geekness levels

jadis4742

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jadis4742

HOLD THE LINE!

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

Woot, can you move past the niche designs? It seems like lately many of the dailies are based on a specific reference.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

How exactly would a funeral be disappointing?

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

anacozero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages anacozero

I approve of this shirt. Especially since I'm addicted to the mass effect multiplayer..

sickenedmunky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sickenedmunky

So, it looks like so far, nobody knew what this was referencing.

Christ, I spend way too much time on the internet if the sight of this shirt immediately made me laugh out loud.

affinitized

quality posts: 1 Private Messages affinitized

Great timing since i just finished the game last night and was crushed by the half baked ending... well done woot. if i wake up in the morning and am still depressed about spending 140 hours or more on all 3 of the games to get no closure i may go in for one..

roysterer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roysterer

This is coming dangerously close to ruining the ending for me. At least I think so...not having played the game yet.

45chel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 45chel

I was ridiculously excited to see the artist was from the town next door.
!!!!Wave!!!!

Sorry. I'll show myself out.

katsuyakaiba

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katsuyakaiba
StarBob wrote:I played through Mass Effect 3 and I had absolutely no idea what this was. Why would I buy a shirt of a random meme that wasn't even popular enough to make it to someone who played the entire game and spends tons of time online? Weird choice Woot... weird...

Well the Mass Effect subreddit knows about it now, so I'm sure their sales will be fairly decent.

warlord435

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warlord435

****SPOILER****

if you don't want a spoiler please don't read on..... forget this forum and no ending is spoiled for you!

hobosunday

quality posts: 7 Private Messages hobosunday

It's interesting, only 25 years ago you could've gotten away with hoisting a giant triangle over your head to prove you won the game.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Mass Effect fans are babies, back in my day our RPG hero ended the game by dying and being sent to fight in the endless Blood War no matter what choices we made. And we LIKED it!

caravaggio52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caravaggio52

Finally, some Mass Effect merch I actually want.

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir

Its referencing Mass Effect 3, maurader sheilds are just a random enemy in mass effect and just happened to be the last enemy you kill before the amazing story goes to complete crap. So the meme is that he was trying to stop you from getting to the terrible ending. it would be similar to one of those droid that rolls around trying to stop you from seeing starwars episode 1 and giving the droid credit for trying to stop you from experiencing something terrible. I personally love this shirt and hopefully I can get some of the HOLD THE LINE group to pick them up.

kaedex99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kaedex99

I actually just took a break from ME3 multiplayer to check Shirt.Woot. I laughed out loud from the sheer coincidence. -:P

ratica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratica

Instabought.

The ending and the lack of naked Garrus are what made ME3 no good in my book.

Xeros

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Xeros

I think what people need to keep in mind is that the ending wasn't just minimalist or sad or something. It was nonsensical, it introduced some deity character with no explanation, it was impossible, and it blatantly flew in the face of the promises Bioware made about it. They talked all about how you wouldn't just be able to say you got ending A, B or C and there are literally three different corridors that you walk down at the end to pick one of three endings.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Lulz... Teefury has a Mass Effect shirt as well...

Fun times all around!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

how funny xD

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

bluetuba wrote:Mass Effect fans are babies, back in my day our RPG hero ended the game by dying and being sent to fight in the endless Blood War no matter what choices we made. And we LIKED it!

The point is not that the ending is sad. Sad would have been perfectly wonderful, poignant and meaningful if done right, if done with respect to the characters, the game's universe and plot-logic, and the player who has invested him/herself into a deeply interactive story. The point is that the ending makes absolutely no sense in terms of plot, in terms of the internal logic and continuity of the ME reality. It's when a random NPC conversation overheard in the game makes more sense, more connection to story and the way the ME world works, and has more meaning than the actual ending of the game. It's especially tragic when the 95% of the game leading up to that travesty of an ending was so satisfying (I laughed! I screamed! I cried! I cooed at my spacekitty dinosaur boyfriend's adorable awkwardness!) and logical and right.

Oof, I'm going to stop myself now before I really tear into an angry rant. I. STILL. HOLD. THE. LINE.

Yes, I bought one.

solidstiles

quality posts: 3 Private Messages solidstiles
goldenthorn wrote:The point is not that the ending is sad. Sad would have been perfectly wonderful, poignant and meaningful if done right, if done with respect to the characters, the game's universe and plot-logic, and the player who has invested him/herself into a deeply interactive story. The point is that the ending makes absolutely no sense in terms of plot, in terms of the internal logic and continuity of the ME reality. It's when a random NPC conversation overheard in the game makes more sense, more connection to story and the way the ME world works, and has more meaning than the actual ending of the game. It's especially tragic when the 95% of the game leading up to that travesty of an ending was so satisfying (I laughed! I screamed! I cried! I cooed at my spacekitty dinosaur boyfriend's adorable awkwardness!) and logical and right.

Oof, I'm going to stop myself now before I really tear into an angry rant. I. STILL. HOLD. THE. LINE.

Yes, I bought one.

Bingo. I was fully prepared to cry over a sad outcome and that would have made the ending a wonderful thing. However, the conclusion simply ignores canon and for a franchise this large, that is a problem.

Edit: Forgot to mention, in for one! Love it!

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya

i heard all the buzz/butthurt about the ending. i watched all the endings to it on youtube, including the legendary ending that was really boring. i still didnt 'get' the t-shirt.

i played thru me1 and 2 but had no intention of playing 3 anyway cuz i hated EA with a near-blinding hatred. but this shirt was totally lost on me.

ripple23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripple23

The shirt is fantastic. For those who need even further clarification as to why the ending was horrendous and why ME fans are so mad, please read this fantastic article http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

ZeldaGamerMonthly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZeldaGamerMonthly

This is a terrible joke. People need to stop crying about what they consider to be a poor ending and move on. I found this article is pretty insightful. (Warning, language)

http://letstalkaboutstuff.com/2012/03/27/an-open-letter-to-bioware/

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

ripple23 wrote:The shirt is fantastic. For those who need even further clarification as to why the ending was horrendous and why ME fans are so mad, please read this fantastic article http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-hatred-5-reasons-the-fans-are-right/

For further reading for those who are interested--and especially for those who just don't understand why fans are whining and angry and mopey about a silly game ending--I thought this ("Mass Effect, Tolkien, and Your B-S Artistic Process" by Doyce Testerman) was the best, most well-written, thorough piece on the problem with the ME3 ending that I've read so far.

jhawklr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jhawklr

Oh yay. Now a shirt for people who didn't like the ending, so they can still be making a statement when they stop talking to take a breath.

Not only that, but it falls under the category of "bad, forced memes". Next you'll tell me he took an arrow in the knee.

Seriously, of all the Mass Effect 3 references, being given the choice of this one feels like an insult. It's catering to the people that needed to shout and rage over the ending, instead of being something that everyone could enjoy, regardless of the ending. Disappointed.