russellmz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages russellmz

it was a poor ending. it will end up on "top ten worst game ending" lists for decades.

(40-minute video explaining why ending was bad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs&list=PL5F47C77194309820&index=3&feature=plpp_video

velveetaavenger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages velveetaavenger

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3oj1lp/

I want this shirt instead.

"No truce with the Forsaken! No truce with the Shadow!"

amymichellea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amymichellea

Am I the only one stoked that in the description they put in the beginning of the final sequence of The Graduate?

unsenuchiha

quality posts: 4 Private Messages unsenuchiha

Buying this shirt is like beating Mass Effect 3 in my opinion, There are no disappointing endings! ;) ...and that's why I'm in for 1!

unsenuchiha

quality posts: 4 Private Messages unsenuchiha
jhawklr wrote:Oh yay. Now a shirt for people who didn't like the ending, so they can still be making a statement when they stop talking to take a breath.

Not only that, but it falls under the category of "bad, forced memes". Next you'll tell me he took an arrow in the knee.

Seriously, of all the Mass Effect 3 references, being given the choice of this one feels like an insult. It's catering to the people that needed to shout and rage over the ending, instead of being something that everyone could enjoy, regardless of the ending. Disappointed.

Regardless of what people think, I enjoyed and loved all the endings of the game. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't finished or played the game yet but I felt the way the game ended was the way it should have ended and even after all the reviews, I feel all the complaining about the ending was unwarranted.

With that being said, I still find this shirt hilarious. People felt so passionately for something that they banded together voicing and protesting how they feel... about something that hardly matters in reality. The people who are complaining about the ending drove what is soon to be another great pop-culture reference for this era. I don't think it will be rated top 10 worst endings, but top 10 most hated endings. Though only a subtle difference separates these, I feel a distinction must be made. We are all subject to our own opinion and though I do respect yours, I felt the desire to refute and voice my own in that this shirt is pretty funny, all things considered.

thattigercat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thattigercat

http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474

Sorry, you're not getting a cent from me.

fieldafar

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fieldafar
thattigercat wrote:http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474

Sorry, you're not getting a cent from me.

Agreed, I don't feel right buying a shirt from people who tell those who didn't like ME3's ending (like me) are "stupid".

jcphoenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcphoenix

As someone in Security I feel oddly drawn towards buying this... also I didn't like ME 3's ending, and I know the meme, so that probably has a lot to do with it too.

At the very least Maraudur Shields did inspire a very awesome comic series:
http://koobismo.deviantart.com/gallery/

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
StarBob wrote:I played through Mass Effect 3 and I had absolutely no idea what this was. Why would I buy a shirt of a random meme that wasn't even popular enough to make it to someone who played the entire game and spends tons of time online? Weird choice Woot... weird...

^ This ^

jalexan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jalexan

I beat Mass Effect 3, but I still didn't get this one at first. These memes just happen too damn quick for me to keep up with.

And come on, the ending wasn't THAT bad!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I'll wait a couple of weeks and get this shirt with the added patch.

:^)

GNitro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GNitro

I saw the Marauder shields part and was excited to see a Mass Effect shirt, but then noticed the stupid text above it. Sorry, but this is a definite no sale for me, especially since the ending was fine... ridiculous

Diosjenin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Diosjenin

Oh, so you're catering to your "stupid" customers now?

alangeiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alangeiger

The website ad displays only part of the T shirt, why would I buy it when I can't read it? This is almost a daily problem with Woot, beingbg so clever, but failing to make the product intelligible. They're losing me as a customer.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

I can't believe this many people even watch the story-line in a video game. I'm usually just hammering buttons trying to skip them and get back to fighting...

jaguar3310

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaguar3310

I approve, terrible ending to a great series. I'm buying one.

lightknight

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lightknight

Yay, another shirt that we'd have to explain to the people who don't care all the time and feel awkward with the ensuing silence.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I'm 99% out of the loop on current gaming trends, but from the references provided, it sounds like Bioware hired Stephen King to write the plot to ME3?

move along

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 58 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus

*sniff* Rest in peace, Marauder Shields. You tried your best to stop Shepard from ending the game.

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo

What kills me is the misconceptions about why people are upset about the ending. The word "happy" gets brought up. Trying my best to keep spoiler-free: the green ending was practically saccharine, assuming you don't think about it too much. It's just rather clear that whoever made the decision on the ending DIDN'T think very hard; things don't really make sense, you're given vague one-sentence descriptions to massively important and newly introduced decisions which you blithely accept without a word despite how heavily it contradicts themes present throughout the entire game.

I didn't participate in the movement to get a new ending, but I'd be lying if I said part of me didn't hope it would work. I look forward to seeing how they try to explain this mess of an ending to an amazing series of games.

carljeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carljeff
amymichellea wrote:Am I the only one stoked that in the description they put in the beginning of the final sequence of The Graduate?

I enjoyed it too, but they messed up the joke. The bolded and crossed out the wrong part.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
45chel wrote:I was ridiculously excited to see the artist was from the town next door.
!!!!Wave!!!!

Sorry. I'll show myself out.

Which town are you from?

threeshirts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages threeshirts

Have not played the game, thought is was some sick twisted play on Dalkon Shield. That image is a uterus. Somehow it appears the end of that game is much like the damaging end of the Dalkon Shield. Subtle.

hyliansnake

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hyliansnake

That shield came too late for me. On the bright side, the ending broke the hold of my indoctrination.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
Spiritgreen wrote:I'll wait a couple of weeks and get this shirt with the added patch.

:^)

LOL - nice.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r
roysterer wrote:This is coming dangerously close to ruining the ending for me. At least I think so...not having played the game yet.

If there's one thing you should take away from this thread, it's that we can't ruin the ending for you any worse than the game did all on its own.

pepelepu73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepelepu73

A friend of mine pointed me to the site again, since I've not been on a woot site in a couple of months now.

This was the one shirt that might have made me purchase one to test out the new blanks...

However, after reading this: http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474, you won't get a cent from me.

EDIT: Clarification. -_-

tcanning

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tcanning

It's kind of amusing that both Woot and Teefury.com have Mass Effect shirts today.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
pepelepu73 wrote:This was the one shirt that might have made me purchase one to test out the new blanks...

However, after reading this: http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474 you won't get a cent from me.

Hold the line.

HAHAHAHAHA I missed that article..

O-K dislcaimer, I never played Mass Effect because I'm allergic to console games and I'm not a big fan of where Bioware's been heading lately. Maybe the ending was "terrible" for reasons other than being not happy enough, I didn't play them and only have a shallow understanding of the controversy and 2nd hand accounts of it, so maybe I don't understand.

alexely8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexely8

What is the actual image on the shield?

My eyes must not be focusing correctly.

Note: I have played the game.

sunnyx0r

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sunnyx0r
alexely8 wrote:What is the actual image on the shield?

My eyes must not be focusing correctly.

Note: I have played the game.

It is hard to make out but I believe it's the face of a Marauder (or just a Turian), in the shape of a shield.

keiichiz28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keiichiz28
sunnyx0r wrote:It is hard to make out but I believe it's the face of a Marauder (or just a Turian), in the shape of a shield.

Face is a Marauder, which are Turians corrupted by Reapers.

CasualSax

quality posts: 8 Private Messages CasualSax

I really like the good old days before woot shirts used so many words. I think that's why Hungry Hungry Hunger Games was such a classy design.

I get the meme, but this is a little too 'gamer' even for me.

24 x woots (0 Bunnies Ogling Carrots )
23 x shirts (18 Random )
.5 x wine (split order)
5 x sellout (mandatory parentheses)
1 x kids (did I win yet?)

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
alangeiger wrote:The website ad displays only part of the T shirt, why would I buy it when I can't read it? This is almost a daily problem with Woot, beingbg so clever, but failing to make the product intelligible. They're losing me as a customer.

You might want to start clicking on those images if you'd like to see the entire thing.

Internet is hard.

Nothing follows.

alanav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alanav

I didn't rage, and I didn't "Hold The Line", but I wasn't thrilled about the ME3 ending. I just love where this meme is going, and feel it's my civic duty to promote this lovely gem. :D

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sunnyx0r wrote:If there's one thing you should take away from this thread, it's that we can't ruin the ending for you any worse than the game did all on its own.

Oh snap.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Davidsdivad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Davidsdivad

I hate everything about shirt.woot now.

It used to be awesome.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Davidsdivad wrote:I hate everything about shirt.woot now.

It used to be awesome.

I'm sorry, but at least we have a bunch of other woot sites to console you!

I'm just hanging out, really.

wgundammikezero

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wgundammikezero

Thought it was from Neon Genesis Evangelion. The shield kinda looks liek an Eva

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99

I haven't played a single second of the game, but while trying to figure out what the hubbub was about, I found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDSwW7jflAQ

For those of you who really know the game, you might find this interesting?