fantasystar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fantasystar

I think the ending sucked, but that's not why I bought it. I bought it because it could be interpreted multiple ways. The people who played the game will know the reference, the people who didn't will think I'm all about security.

thistleknot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thistleknot
russellmz wrote:it was a poor ending. it will end up on "top ten worst game ending" lists for decades.

(40-minute video explaining why ending was bad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MlatxLP-xs&list=PL5F47C77194309820&index=3&feature=plpp_video

You know, it's funny. I actually watched that video last night, with the intention of laughing at some guy making crazy talk for 40 minutes... but in actuality, I ended up liking the video because, despite it's length, he's actually pretty coherent and logical about why the ending was bad, from a storytelling standpoint.

woolysockofdoom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

Ah yes, "Marauder Shields". The supposed last boss to the Mass Effect series. We have dismissed this claim.

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider

May have to get this.

Chatboy91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chatboy91
thattigercat wrote:http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474

Sorry, you're not getting a cent from me.

+1 to this. I was going to push that stupidly large button when I decided to look in the comments. Glad I did, thanks for the warning. But damn, it's still really tempting.

writermind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages writermind

I dig this tee and actually am looking forward to even more Mass Effect tee's. I like that it doesn't just opt for the out and out silly. It's subtle, I like that.

monstercloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monstercloud
thattigercat wrote:http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474

Sorry, you're not getting a cent from me.

Same here. It's a shame the decision has to come at some of the expense that isn't affiliated with the poorly written blog, but thems the breaks.

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
alangeiger wrote:The website ad displays only part of the T shirt, why would I buy it when I can't read it? This is almost a daily problem with Woot, beingbg so clever, but failing to make the product intelligible. They're losing me as a customer.

If you simply click on the shirt it will make the image full size for you and yo can see the full design. Rocket Surgery it is not.

Also, great shirt. Even if you don't follow the meme, the design itself is sharp and appealing. I'm in for two.

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
pepelepu73 wrote:A friend of mine pointed me to the site again, since I've not been on a woot site in a couple of months now.

This was the one shirt that might have made me purchase one to test out the new blanks...

However, after reading this: http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=22474, you won't get a cent from me.

EDIT: Clarification. -_-

I can understand why you might be offended. The sad thing is that the artist is getting screwed by the editorial if it affects sales - it's his first print too. That is what makes me sad because he made quite the clever design.

Mongerty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mongerty

Most of the people who are saying "I won't buy this because of the blog post" have never been to the site before today. They only know about the shirt, and the blog post thanks to Reddit.

Anyone who actually comes to the site and uses it knows better than to take the blog as gospel.

pepelepu73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pepelepu73
wolfgaidin wrote:I can understand why you might be offended. The sad thing is that the artist is getting screwed by the editorial if it affects sales - it's his first print too. That is what makes me sad because he made quite the clever design.

It is sad. I'm sad to say it. I'd rather send the guy 20 bucks than send a gorram dime to Woot at this point.

Mongerty wrote:Most of the people who are saying "I won't buy this because of the blog post" have never been to the site before today. They only know about the shirt, and the blog post thanks to Reddit.

Anyone who actually comes to the site and uses it knows better than to take the blog as gospel.

I had been shopping on woot for a couple of years, but stopped after they switched blanks. I might have actually purchased this shirt, save for the blog and the ensuing responses from other woot staff. Some of said woot staffers were the ones to post in the thread about changing blanks and managed to offend baby Jesus.

So, I guess I can say three reasons I won't buy this shirt, and two reasons why I won't buy from woot ever again.

1.) Not made in the USA blanks.
2.) Lack of respect to a big portion of their consumer base from some Woot staffers.
3.) That obnoxious blog post.

mxwjs

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mxwjs
wolfgaidin wrote:I can understand why you might be offended. The sad thing is that the artist is getting screwed by the editorial if it affects sales - it's his first print too. That is what makes me sad because he made quite the clever design.

i wouldn't worry too much about it, they weren't going to buy it anyway. Just like i will be boycotting Britain again this year. one of their citizens made a mean blog post. either that, or i don't have the means or desire to go in the first place.

Narfcake

quality posts: 271 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 821, all on imported Anvil blanks.

45chel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 45chel
cfdunbar wrote:Which town are you from?

I'm not from the area, but currently live in C-burg.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last wooter to woot: smegginhell
Last purchase time: Thursday, April 19, 2012, 11:49:28 PM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 44.468s
Woot wage: $3,022.11
Woots sold: 821

Last wooter to woot: atomicow
Last purchase time: Friday, April 20, 2012, 12:06:05 AM Central Time
Order pace: 1m 45.554s
Woot wage: $3,734.22
Woots sold: 822

First days sales: 821

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
bluetuba wrote:Mass Effect fans are babies, back in my day our RPG hero ended the game by dying and being sent to fight in the endless Blood War no matter what choices we made. And we LIKED it!

You probably also liked the Super Mario movie, no one is going to randomly attack you for liking garbage, no need to attack others for being disappointed with a masterpiece we paid for being shredded for no reason right in front of your eyes!

mom2kate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mom2kate

I have never played any of the ME games but I've got friends who have played them. I'd say the majority of them were upset by the ending. Probably because of the time they had invested in the games.

Now that I've heard about it, I'm not sure that I'm even going to attempt to play it! LOL

cognitus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cognitus

I just got mine and the image is stretched and slanted in a bad way

smallville824

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smallville824

Staff

cognitus wrote:I just got mine and the image is stretched and slanted in a bad way

I'm sending you a private message. If you have any questions about any order, please contact us at service@woot.com.