alvraen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alvraen
Re: Les Plumes Tombent

me likey

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712

The contrast between the robot and the softer, flowing lines is wonderful. I also like that you went with these colors instead of the other idea.

Is the robot crying?

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
Re: Butterfly Effect

I LOVE this!! We don't have nearly enough butterfly designs at shirt.woot! I hope this wins. BTW this would go nicely with the butterfly tattoo I have on my back.
My fav quote is..

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was going to end, she became a butterfly.

I ♥ WOOT!!!

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
aerc712 wrote:
Is the robot crying?

That or it just has a leak. :D

fofmock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Re: Robo Nouveau

I've always had a soft spot for a well drawn robot... Very nice!

fofmock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fofmock
Re: Summertime

I've been out of this game for too long, because halftones are the death of me! How do you get so very many colors overlapping whilst using halftones, and still have it come out looking amazing as this. I'm super jealous.

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Re: Nouveau Hater

I like the design, but I don't think it is Art Nouveau.

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
jandk113 wrote:I LOVE this!! We don't have nearly enough butterfly designs at shirt.woot! I hope this wins. BTW this would go nicely with the butterfly tattoo I have on my back.
My fav quote is..

Just when the caterpillar thought the world was going to end, she became a butterfly.

Thanks for the feedback! Comments like that make it all worth it.

rzrhoney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rzrhoney
Re: Cat Nouveau

I <3 it, best luck!

twiliteoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twiliteoni

what the heck...my comment posted to the wrong image...sorry!

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo

Yeah I have to say that I find your designs charming, but what get's me is how much this resembles "Up up and Awake" - a funny/clever design also, except, it almost looks like some of it was even copied and pasted to this one. Exploring new territories with designs would be recommended, but then again, this does seem to get you high votes... So maybe I should eat my words and just start drawing copies of your designs so that my votes will finally get higher lol.

twiliteoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twiliteoni

I really love the design, but I feel it looks more like a cat than a wolf...

I'd still wear it though! GMV

amberva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amberva
Re: Cranes Nouveau

I wish I could vote on this! It's beautiful.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Another lost -Carolina Parakeet

I worked on this since the derby was announced until 10:15 tonight, slept about 4 hrs. Personally, I had no hope of submitting anything by noon. This is why I'm lobbying for more time to prepare, especially on a derby like Art Nouveau, not the easiest theme to put together a quality entry for. mebe that's why there are so few entries?

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy
aerc712 wrote:Gorgeous. The coloring on the peacock is amazing.

I like how the peacock's body was incorporated into the background a bit, but the other part just seems kinda there. I still love the design, it just seemed a little disjointed, the different components. If that's an aspect of the art nouveau style, feel free to totally disregard this!

Thank you from both of us! The framing in general is rather indicative of the style, but I kinda love the feeling that the natural elements (the tail specifically) refuse to be contained or boxed in. Thanks for sharing; we always appreciate that!!

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
weezots wrote:I worked on this one with my daughter. (cocobunny) :o)

Pretty sure this would fall under the "No pop culture riffs" rule, since it's more or less a My Little Pony.

ladykatzuya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladykatzuya
Re: In Darkness

I liked the fiery Phoenix and would have purchased it, but I like this one as well. The blue plays nicely off the black and fits the derby a bit better, I think.

orabbit

quality posts: 29 Private Messages orabbit
Re: Cranes Nouveau

Yeah, this one's awesome! One color, and it's like, bam! What!? You want 1-5 additional colors? Not on this shirt, you greedy bastard!

I printed some shirts for this food festival that were beige on Anvil Independence Red. It's a killer combo.

straightshooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages straightshooter

This shirt is very pretty, and would have fit well in the "Watercolors" derby, but not so sure it fits into the "Art Nouveau" category.

allrealelements

quality posts: 1 Private Messages allrealelements
aerc712 wrote:Beautiful. It's detailed, but also has a nice, simple feel to it. (And I mean "simple" in the best possible way, just can't think of a better way to describe it.) Even the off-center placement works. Wonderful job, I hope more people take notice and vote!

Agreed completely! I think this is one of the most wearable designs I've seen so far

allrealelements

This has really nice composition, and the colors of the bird are absolutely stunning, but I don't know if I can wear a creme shirt.

Fantastic design though! :D

allrealelements

Re: Les Plumes Tombent

Just curious, what color shirt is this on? I'm having a little difficulty identifying it from the image.

aerc712 wrote:
I like how the peacock's body was incorporated into the background a bit, but the other part just seems kinda there. I still love the design, it just seemed a little disjointed, the different components.

I have to say I agree - the flow that the tail feathers lend to the design is disrupted by the box underneath it. The colors are fantastic though

zombienerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zombienerd

It's a watercolor picture and I don't think it fits in the theme at all. The rings look like stains from a coffee mug.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Why do I think of Jimmy Buffet when I look at this?

move along

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
straightshooter wrote:This shirt is very pretty, and would have fit well in the "Watercolors" derby, but not so sure it fits into the "Art Nouveau" category.

This. This design is very nice, but it's not art nouveau.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Papilio Nouveau

I scrolled down to the thread to leave a comment about loving the design but not on that shirt color, and I see 3 others have beat me to it.

anemality

Sheesh, where were you for the watercolor derby? ;D

anemality

Pretty design. It'd make a nice sleepshirt. :D

anemality

She looks so regal and I love the colors.

LadyofRohan2995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LadyofRohan2995
Re: Don't trust appearances

For some reason this reminded me of the Tolkien poem "The Mewlips." Rereading it it doesn't really fit, but the feeling is the same.

(last verse)
Beyond the Merlock Mountains, a long and lonely road,
Through the spider-shadows and the marsh of Tode,
And through the wood of hanging trees and gallows-weed,
You go to find the Mewlips - and the Mewlips feed.

meedox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meedox
Re: Caffeinated Nouveau

Let the steaming tendrils of a fresh cup of café au lait decorate your nouveau morning.

meedox

Re: Be unique

I LOVE that the snail has a beard! Perfect. :D

meedox

Re: nouveau heart

This is amazingly gorgeous. The colors almost vibrate. Wow.

caladria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caladria
Re: Dogwood Nouveau

Holy crap. This is win from the flower "go." I am a HUGE dogwood fan, and I love LOVE that this isn't pink and sparkly and suchlike. It's lovely, but not in-your-face flowery. You know I like you stuff, Mr. CFDunbar, Sir, but this....

This is splendid. I love LOVE it! Consider me in for 2 at the least! Well done!

noxandpy

Re: Be unique

Ha! His face makes me giggle! Cute.

noxandpy

FullTangHalo wrote:Needs more goddesses....

You win 1 internet for that. :D

@Patrick - well done this week. The linework /boggles.

danephewx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danephewx
Re: Stained Glass Irises

Wish there was more to this. Feels incomplete.

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
Re: Valkyrie Requiem

Love and peace... and swords that turn into birds. Birrrrrrdssssss

6 colors on slate.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Apocalyista Nouveau

Drakxxx :Concept/Lines:
CrecentDebris :Edits/Colors

Click for larger image (¼ Zoom)

(Obvious Tip of the Day: Be sure to zoom once you click the thumbnail as your browser will likely size it to fit your screen and those halftones will look like ... real bad)

bikepilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bikepilot
Re: Can-Can

Woot, I think you're missing a comment... here let me help you out, I'll post it again

---- Original Post follows -------
Well Walmazan at least you’re consistent. Have you ever considered writing a book about your 4 rules of derby design?

1. Eyes must look like carets.
2. At least one foot in the air.
3. Squiggly lines to imply motion. (As opposed to good posing or character work)
4. Completely ignore the spirit of the derby.