+ Add a Comment

cephy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cephy
caladria wrote:Holy crap. This is win from the flower "go." I am a HUGE dogwood fan, and I love LOVE that this isn't pink and sparkly and suchlike. It's lovely, but not in-your-face flowery. You know I like you stuff, Mr. CFDunbar, Sir, but this....

This is splendid. I love LOVE it! Consider me in for 2 at the least! Well done!

\

I agree, this is awesome on so many levels. GMV and I'm in for 2 when it prints!

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Impressive work, Anemality. I totally love the color scheme and the organic robot you've build

wirdou

For the moment, this is my favorite the colors are great, the textures are fantastic. As Radscoolian said, there's so much here to learn :D

wirdou

This is great :D The textures are so well done, and it looks so great on the green tee. Maybe Ramyb's Lucky at Last is too recent. I wonder what would happen if both are for sale at the same time!

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
Re: Can-Can

I think it's meant to be his take on Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec's can-can girls:

http://frenchalacarteblog.wordpress.com/tag/henri-de-toulouse-lautrec/

Which, to my knowledge, is Art Nouveau. He was listed on the list that Woot gave, at least. Maybe I'm wrong-- this style of art isn't my thing and I doubt I'll grab anything this derby. The style may not be blatant Art Nouveau, but the subject and inspiration seem to be, especially considering the ones he posted over on facebook.

I initially voted for the cupcake on yellow there (bottom left on facebook), but after doing a little digging, I think the top left would've been a little more obviously in line with the theme, as the border makes this a much clearer tie to the "Jane Avril" piece.

That being said, I do generally agree with this:

I think the point of this derby (and many other woot derbies) is to get artists out of their comfort zone to draw something difficult or different

However, IMHO, voters should also be encouraged to verse themselves in the subject as well before denouncing entries with "this isn't art nouveau". It's happened on other entries, too.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

wirdou

Radscoolian ftw!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
j5 wrote:I appreciate the extra effort to provide a bigger detail, but do you worry about thievery when posting big versions on designs? With the rash of bootleg shirts lately, I'd be concerned.

I haven't had a problem yet so I'll keep on doing it. I know people use it as wallpaper sometimes so it's nice to offer it for every design.

-

Thanks guys!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Be unique

Great character, love his beard! Need to read up on Gaudi now.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
Re: Velociraptor with a Ray Gun

tee hee nice one lucky

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
j5 wrote:Why do I think of Jimmy Buffet when I look at this?

you're a parakeet-head?

lucky1988

cheers arcade-art!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I will be very disappointed if I don't get to wear this, like, yesterday.

:^)

lucky1988

Thanks SG! It's the first time I've ever tried to work in the "art noveau" style. It was fun. :^)

akumukitsune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akumukitsune
Re: Iris Nouveau

Love this, it's really beautiful! Good job.

akumukitsune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akumukitsune
Re: In Darkness

Of course this would be your art, no wonder I love it! Good luck, it's awesome.

angelynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelynx
w00tgurl wrote:took a second but i got it. what are the dead things on the ground?

Other birds. Maybe they tried to get to the birdbath ahead of cute little chirpy there.

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
anemality wrote:Nice serene design in neutral colors. I like it!

Thanks. I'm a big fan of yours too. The teal light spots really help make it pop.

cfdunbar

cephy wrote:\

I agree, this is awesome on so many levels. GMV and I'm in for 2 when it prints!

Thanks cephy for being a long time supporter. I really want to see some of your work in the derbies soon.

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
Re: Night Nouveau

It reminds me a little too much of shirts that you'd buy in a gift shop in Florida... I think the Art Nouveau elements could be played up more.

cfdunbar

caladria wrote:Holy crap. This is win from the flower "go." I am a HUGE dogwood fan, and I love LOVE that this isn't pink and sparkly and suchlike. It's lovely, but not in-your-face flowery. You know I like you stuff, Mr. CFDunbar, Sir, but this....

This is splendid. I love LOVE it! Consider me in for 2 at the least! Well done!

Thanks Caladria. The little wife and I are planning to "install" a dogwood into the back yard this year because we were so impressed with that part of the Arboretum. And there are many stories and meanings behind the dogwood.

cfdunbar

bluetuba wrote:I like this, it's very pretty! Also the state tree of my home Missouri. ;)

Thanks. I knew there was a reason why I liked Missouri ;-)

cfdunbar

sarynanightstar wrote:It's Awesome!!! love the colers and the flowers.

Thanks so much. So.... did you head over to the reckoning and buy something? Just curious since you mentioned in the last derby that you couldn't vote yet.

cherylannemarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylannemarie

skelleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skelleton
Re: Perils of Space

NEED.

wirdou

hahaha you've got a crazy mind! Love it! +1

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
Re: Pegasus Dawn

*brohoofs*
But sadly, this is pop culture.

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: Cat Nouveau

Beautiful black cat. Excellent execution of the art nouveau style. I hope this one makes the top 3 because I really want to own it (a rare thing for cat designs).

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: Papilio Nouveau

Simple, but elegant design.

absynd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absynd
Re: Apocalyista Nouveau

I love Drakxxx's line work, nice pair up, the color is flawless.

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: the human tear

this needs to get into the fog because i want this!!!!

krazykoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krazykoz
ramyb wrote:saved

Seems to not have been saved. What happened?

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
Re: Art Nouveau Rising Sun

I think I'd have trouble wearing this because the placement puts it in prime territory for my boobs to nom the image, but it's very pretty work.

Well done!

ryano1124

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryano1124
Re: Apocalyista Nouveau

I hope you guys win. I want a new Drakxxx/Crescent shirt. It's been a while.

phylumsynthesis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phylumsynthesis
aerc712 wrote:Beautiful. It's detailed, but also has a nice, simple feel to it. (And I mean "simple" in the best possible way, just can't think of a better way to describe it.) Even the off-center placement works. Wonderful job, I hope more people take notice and vote!

Thank you! This was the third shirt I did for this derby, and the one I'm happiest with. If it doesn't make it to the top (which seems probable), I might just print this one myself.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

This design is really pretty. I'm not sure about the shirt color, but I like it anyway!

Birdmanjeff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Birdmanjeff
Re: Another lost -Carolina Parakeet

Fantastic. I will be sending out an email to several people I know just for them to register and vote. Parrot enthusiasts and bird owners would LOVE this. I really like the whole thing.

Birdmanjeff

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality

I want a birdsword. :O

Love the design.

usopp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages usopp
Re: Cat Nouveau

i need this shirt. nice that it's not a cartoon cat for once either. (not that i dislike them, it's just nice to have something different)