piyaoyas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piyaoyas
Robtangle wrote:It's my industrial-strength hair dryer, AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!

+1 - Perfect!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
captainsuperdawg wrote:In some games, like Fallout and Skyrim (could be the other Elder Scrolls games, I haven't played them), you can only carry so much weight and keep perks like moving at full speed and fast traveling.

I'm fairly certain this applies in real life, too.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

ratica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ratica

I almost bought it, but I think the back's design is funny, though less than attractive.

A one-sided version would be nice.

CAisBurning

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CAisBurning

Fail.

Gold and arrows don't count toward encumbrance.

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

Clearly everyone needs a to put their items in.

aletayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aletayr

If only it weren't on black. Black shirts just don't work in the summer. :\

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

Old school Tabletop RPG player here, and female, and I will be picking one or two up.

You kids and your computer games...

Back in the day we... oh never mind, you won't listen, you never listen.

bachsoffice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bachsoffice
polkastria wrote:Old school Tabletop RPG player here, and female, and I will be picking one or two up.

You kids and your computer games...

Back in the day we... oh never mind, you won't listen, you never listen.

I agree. I felt like giving a history lesson in D&D but it made feel old an really geeky.

sarahat

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sarahat

Somehow I doubt this one will make to "Most Lady-Friendly"...

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Meh. I've never played the games being referenced, so find little humor in the shirt. I think, though, that the artwork lacks a lot of the style and cleanliness that RamyB often applies to his shirts. It almost looks more like a reject from the "One Word" derby than anything else...

GwenMarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GwenMarie
bluejester wrote:Nothing quite says boob shirt like a tee with the words "Over-Encumbered" emblazened across the chest, eh?

If I had the $ today, I'd get this shirt just for that reason! Of course, I am kind of a strange lady.

My woots: Screaming Monkey, Random Crap, Sandisk Sansa View 8GB
Shirt woots: Now Let Me Get This Straight, Happy Birthday to Us, Hungry Bento, Jimmy... Is That You?, Tuesday is Gonna be Rough, Friends are Forever, Donut Panic!, Random Shirt, Ghosties, You are a Pirate!, Pirate Exercise, Random Shirt, PAINata, Cake or Pi?, Nevermore

hollowfyre

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hollowfyre

Is this shirt calling me fat? o.o

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Crap. Guess it's time to buy a horse.

spicedrum

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spicedrum

This would be great if you are spending the day with kids and know you will be the designated human pack mule who'll be weighed down with a diaper bag, jackets, and/or various other items.

Would probably also be good for when you tell a lie to get out of helping a friend move.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Just get a bag of holding, people.

seanlange

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seanlange
thrincold wrote:This shirt isn't meme-based and would have been as funny 30 years ago to any DND player as it is today. Just because video games happen to use the same mechanic doesn't mean it is original or new.

+1

solidstiles

quality posts: 3 Private Messages solidstiles
zekecatz wrote:How many ladies want to wear "over encumbered" on their chest? Sounds like over-endowed.

Me. I would.

threemoons

quality posts: 18 Private Messages threemoons

Loving the idea of the Skyrim reference but not the design itself, which is sad because I am a total Skyrim addict.

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007
thrincold wrote:This shirt isn't meme-based and would have been as funny 30 years ago to any DND player as it is today. Just because video games happen to use the same mechanic doesn't mean it is original or new.

I just thought it was amusing that the first person to reply with an explanation used Skyrim and Fallout as examples. I've been an avid RPG gamer in both the PC and tabletop realm for about 15 years, but my mind automatically went to AD&D 2nd ed when I saw this shirt. I didn't even think PC platform. Ha.

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

silentg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages silentg

Whew, I'm thankful some of you have memories that go back prior to Skyrim. I haven't even touched that one. I was getting concerned that I'm too old to be on woot! You darn kids these days...

reelgenius

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reelgenius

I used to wear shirts like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

capsfanbryce

quality posts: 4 Private Messages capsfanbryce
tbwulf wrote:I saw the shirt and knew it was a Ramyb, it reminded me too strongly of one of my favorite Woot shirts, the READ one from a couple of weeks ago.

That's because there are about 3-4 concepts that are repeated, ad nauseum. Even if the idea was already sold on Woot in another form (as seen here.

tejo

quality posts: 11 Private Messages tejo

Female, and I went straight to Baldurs Gate, where you were always picking up crap and never letting it go. I had a building in every town where I would dump my loot that wasn't worth selling, but that I "might" need later. It was ridiculous.

integrar0064

quality posts: 1 Private Messages integrar0064

I also played AD&D as well as most of the elder scrolls games. This is clearly a elder scrolls/skyrim shirt. All of the items shown are skyrim items, including the now representative-of-skyrim iron helmet with the horns pointing that direction. Also the joke, which is the trail of randomly tossed items, is a skyrim joke that wouldn't apply to D&D (although possibly to other video games) making fun of the fact that the only way to get rid of items is to "drop" them, in which case you actually toss them randomly, thereby leaving a trail of random crap.

Of course to people who haven't played skyrim, they could just as easily see it as a generic rpg shirt, so I guess it's well done in that way.

Symbolic2007

PocketBrain wrote:Just get a bag of holding, people.

Heward's Handy Haversack uber alles!

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

Symbolic2007

integrar0064 wrote:...making fun of the fact that the only way to get rid of items is to "drop" them, in which case you actually toss them randomly, thereby leaving a trail of random crap.

Scratch that, misread your post. You did say possibly in other video games.

VenusAD

quality posts: 8 Private Messages VenusAD

I liked this on the tote and bought it, but on the chest of a chick with DDs, I'm just inviting trouble.

Also, every since I discovered the magic of console codes, it holds little meaning. ^^ (yes, I cheat...because I am terrible at Skyrim, but love it so)

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92
dwimmz wrote:AHHH this shirt is perfect if your life, like mine, is anything like this!

In for one.

YES YES YES WIN WIN WIN

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92
CAisBurning wrote:Fail.

Gold and arrows don't count toward encumbrance.

As much as that is true...don't be a debbie downer right now...

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
spicedrum wrote:This would be great if you are spending the day with kids and know you will be the designated human pack mule who'll be weighed down with a diaper bag, jackets, and/or various other items.

My version of this thought process:

This would be great for my husband, when he's spending the day at a con as handler for my group of cosplay friends. He is always the designated human pack mule who'll be weighed down with "emergency" kits (sewing kit, body paint, electrical components, super glue), props (staves, sword, masks), purchases and/or other various items.

Yup. Totally in for one for him.

nursedoggett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursedoggett

what's the armor rating of this shirt? Is it light or heavy armor? LOL

fjordless

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fjordless

I'm surprised this is available in anything smaller than XL.

casenundra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casenundra
justzo wrote:Harumph. Skyrim? Fallout? sunshine. Go back several years & do old school baby.

I like the new wave, Besides my kids have my dice.

nursedoggett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nursedoggett
dwimmz wrote:AHHH this shirt is perfect if your life, like mine, is anything like this!

In for one.

How did you know!? That's exactly what my life is like! Well, except I'm a girl and a Breton. This shirt is the bomb! I'm in for one!

Bione

quality posts: 28 Private Messages Bione
captainsuperdawg wrote:In some games, like Fallout and Skyrim (could be the other Elder Scrolls games, I haven't played them), you can only carry so much weight and keep perks like moving at full speed and fast traveling. If you go over that weight limit, you're over encumbered and can't move as fast, so you're basically forced to drop enough weight to get under the limit and be able to move free and quick. Hence the trail of stuff behind you on your back.

Oh, shame. I was really hoping for a random cucumber reference.

casenundra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casenundra
bachsoffice wrote:I agree. I felt like giving a history lesson in D&D but it made feel old an really geeky.

It's not so old school. Both of my boys (20+) are dungeon masters and play on line regularly. and they still don't listen.

doggiesnot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doggiesnot

If you're a Skyrim hoarder like me, then you'll truly enjoy this video, and this shirt!

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm fairly certain this applies in real life, too.

Yeah, but you can't run while carrying 299 pounds of dead weight and then come to a slow walk when that number changes to 301.

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

I feel like woot is only geared towards guys now.
=/ dunno how much long I'll be here, I used to buy a shirt at least once every week now I haven't bought on in about 5 weeks.

random42s

quality posts: 2 Private Messages random42s

Speaking as someone who still plays table-top D&D, I think this shirt is awesome and I'm totally getting one.

I do wonder why the arrows aren't stacking though. Maybe they're different kinds?

Why? Forty-two...you see, it doesn't work.