72%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

A white shirt AND a crazy gradient!? I must be in heaven!

guero810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guero810

YESSSS!!!!!!! finally im the first sucker!!!!

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Wow. Never thought I would see the Old English letter eth ð in a write-up. By the way, Urðarbrunnr is fate or a well in Norse mythology,

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

This shirt looks like it must shimmer, even* in low light.

*or especially

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

This is so beautiful. I just want to keep looking at it, like that one painting in a museum that just requests your attention and you can't look away.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

intensefancypink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages intensefancypink

Amazing art...printed on AA blanks (mens, kids sizes) Why yes, I *do* want one. Hits big yellow button & skips away happily....
Here's hoping that tomorrow's winner will also be on AA ;)

Krisis86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Krisis86

I'm always happy when patrickspens wins because his stuff is always awesome. And I have to give a little cheer because he's from Sandy and I'm from the neighboring town of Draper, so that makes me almost as cool as him. Right? RIGHT???

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

Sweet Odin's beard! In for one!

Actually, I also just bought Wash Me! on a recycled tee and Only Memories on organic cotton the other day. Guess I really like this artist.

ashanev

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ashanev

First good Woot shirt in a long time...too bad it's white. White shirts are just a no-go for me. Easily stained, and they look the worst after a few washes...

jbsegal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbsegal

On anything other than white? In in a heartbeat.

On white? I'm passing.

Too bad. I quite like it.

sheepyton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheepyton

Why does it have to be white? It's so gorgeous but I just can't do white shirts. But I still want it...

/cry

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe

My knowledge of Norse cosmology is clearly lacking. It was fun seeing 4 and sometimes 5 consonants in a row though. (Yggdrasil)

navajowind67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navajowind67

Cool shirt!

navajowind67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages navajowind67

Cool shirt. Tye die for sure ... the white color just won't hold up for very long otherwise.

foxbite

quality posts: 13 Private Messages foxbite

This is a shirt Odin himself would wear to Ragnarok.

Team Valhalla, y'all!

lisonallie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lisonallie

so are the mens AA and womens anvil?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Yggdrasil, not just for fans of Norse mythology. Japanese games seem to be obsessed with the idea too... Secret of Mana. Etrian Odyssey. Xenogears. Dragon Quest. The Tales series. And probably a dozen more I can't think of right now.

icosplay

quality posts: 1 Private Messages icosplay

Wish it wasn't on white

radiotik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiotik
lisonallie wrote:so are the mens AA and womens anvil?

Looks like it! Which is totally sad. I want one but not if it won't fit me. Heck, I don't even know why I check woot anymore. With poor fitting women's shirts and spiffy designs, all we get is disappointment.

Woot: you can have my $12 over and over again if you switch back. *sniff*

shinnasuka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shinnasuka

I would totally buy one if it wasn't on white. Silver would have been perfect.

raccoonbacon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raccoonbacon

We all know that patrickspens can take any tree and make a killer design out of it (Ancient Oak, Sakura Samarai - just to name a couple). But it is really nice to see the amount of versatility this artist has and it is reiterated, again, with this design.

Congrats on the print!

ochopika

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

I love white shirts and I loooove the art nouveau quality of this design! Patrickspens really got the theme right and worked outside of his normal painterly style.

I wish it was on women's AA so it could fit me...or maybe an extra small. *stares at woot expectantly*.

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

This is the first shirt I've considered buying since the price hike. Are these shirts still made in China or AMURIKA?

Suck it, Trebek.

marcwason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcwason

At first look I thought awesome, then I looked at it for a while... and stopped liking it as much. It's the tree of life and it's barren... and I'm not a fan of white shirts, but I'm sick of black. I would have loved it if there was life in this tree. Maybe a serpent in the roots. Put it on a seafoam, sky-like, or maybe some shade of dark-blue colored shirt... it would have been a must.

marcwason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcwason
marcwason wrote:At first look I thought awesome, then I looked at it for a while... and stopped liking it as much. It's the tree of life and it's barren... and I'm not a fan of white shirts, but I'm sick of black. I would have loved it if there was life in this tree. Maybe a serpent in the roots. Put it on a seafoam, sky-like, or maybe some shade of dark-blue colored shirt... it would have been a must.

All that said, it's still an admirable design.

amreli

quality posts: 8 Private Messages amreli

I would totally get one if women's sizes were on AA....*sigh*

mistresstiger11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mistresstiger11

This one needs to be released as a print. I want this for my wall.

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote

Voted, loved, but - like many above me - must pass because it's on white

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
ghostofdavid wrote:This is the first shirt I've considered buying since the price hike. Are these shirts still made in China or AMURIKA?

It's noted on the sizing chart. For this one, it's USA for men/kids, Honduras or Nicaragua for women.

eaglebeaky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eaglebeaky

Oops. My bad. I didn't see the "country of origin" part of the sizing chart.

Love this design. I'm in for one.

criticalmaas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages criticalmaas

one more vote against white shirts. would've been a sale here but for that.

dcheesi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcheesi
shinnasuka wrote:I would totally buy one if it wasn't on white. Silver would have been perfect.

+1 I just can't do white anymore; it stains way too easily.

The main design would look great on gray, of course. But I guess they wanted to preserve the details of the gray background shading that the artist did, and white was probably the only way to do that. Kind of a shame, really...

ETA: another request for a print version; white doesn't bother me as much when it's paper

oze6000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oze6000

First shirt I've bought from here in a loooong time.

First shirt worth buying from here in a long time.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

I went to bed early and realized I missed seeing the shirt.

Now that I log on, I am well pleased with what I see.

Nicely done.

bandit1433

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit1433

People are saying that the men's shirts are printed on American Apparel, as opposed to Anvil. Is this true? I don't see where it says this. Just want to confirm before buying.

intensefancypink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages intensefancypink
bandit1433 wrote:People are saying that the men's shirts are printed on American Apparel, as opposed to Anvil. Is this true? I don't see where it says this. Just want to confirm before buying.

The size chart shows measurements that match AA measurements for mens' & kids' blanks. Also, it says the mens & kids shirts are made in the U.S.
Whether or not the shirts will actually be printed on AA blanks remains to be seen, but they *should* be, according to the info on the size chart. HTH

bouyuu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bouyuu
bandit1433 wrote:People are saying that the men's shirts are printed on American Apparel, as opposed to Anvil. Is this true? I don't see where it says this. Just want to confirm before buying.

Check the sizing chart in the description of each shirt. It will indicate the manufacturer's location at the bottom. America = AA. Honduras = Anvil.

gunderstorm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunderstorm

If only this wasn't on white...

DawaLhamo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DawaLhamo

In for one, just because it's Yggdrasil, and I'm going to try to dye it. I just can't do white. I'm thinking maybe purple. Or even better, a dark blue-green.

Although the person with the comment about it being lifeless is quite right. I'd like a serpent in the roots and a couple ravens in the branches, please.