enesvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enesvy

I always support the underdog! PLOO-TOE! PLOO-TOE! PLOO-TOE!

A planet is a planet, no matter how small!

You're messin' with my zen thing, man.

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

People just want Pluto back so their mnemonic devices work.

"My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine"
"...Nine what?!"
"That's it, since Pluto was taken off, she didn't serve us anything. No pizza, no pie..."

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg

I like the design.

But after watching the documentary on this topic and listening to Neil's logic and reasoning, I agree with the decision.

I think it's just the whole "I grew up with 9 planets, you can't change that." (Plus Americans don't want to give up the one "planet" we discovered) But change is just part of life. Deal with it.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
marmls2m wrote:i know hes from RI but i never really thought of him as east coast. perhaps im not in far enough to notice a similarity in style based on locality. i will say this about sage though, some of this songs are so densely layered with multiple meanings and literary devices that i am constantly rediscovering them. personally, i dont think a person would be disappointed after getting into sage francis, but what do i know? im a bear! i suck the heads off of fish!

That sounds like a lot of the good "underground" rap that's out there. I'll definitely give him a good listen this week. It's so hard to keep up with everything that's out, especially now that people are able to self publish and digitally distribute.

You should give Flash Bang Grenada a listen, if you haven't heard 'em.

cedaroo

quality posts: 14 Private Messages cedaroo
4khaos wrote:People just want Pluto back so their mnemonic devices work.

My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nachos?

My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Noodles?

of if you value "discovery" try

My Very Excellent Mother Certainly Just Served Us Nachos. Please Have Maalox Everywhere.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

People who call pluto a not-planet just want to be able to keep the question, "how many planets are there in the solar system?" in text books.

It's moves like this that make children ignorant of such celestial bodies as Ceres. Even though it accounts for 32% of the mass in the asteroid belt. I don't hide discoveries from my kids for the sake of simplicity. They can handle the truth.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

YEEEEOOOOWWWW

eci4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eci4

A friend of mine saw Sage Francis walking around Minneapolis, and Sage just looked at him and yelled WHAT! But to be fair it was around the time of Eyedea's death so I'm sure he was on edge.

Skelethon will be amazing... So will Cancer 4 Cure.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
w00tgurl wrote:Protest for Pluto!

OCCUPY PLUTO!!!!!!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

I think I am going to buy this next time I go to a Brian Regan Show... Anyone who dosn't know, Brian Regan is a funny comedian that did a joke about Pluto's planet status.. Its called the Epitome of Hyperbole and it is in that comedy special somewhere. I could not find the clip anywhere but you have to watch it, it is super funny!

anibunny

quality posts: 3 Private Messages anibunny

Even though the definition of a planet makes perfect sense to me, I laughed and bought this anyway! Love it.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots: 2

duskweaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duskweaver

"...Nine what?!"
"That's it, since Pluto was taken off, she didn't serve us anything. No pizza, no pie..."

She can serve nachos. Everybody likes nachos, right?

EDIT: I see the excellent cedaroo has already suggested this. Touche.

StarBob

quality posts: 15 Private Messages StarBob

Personally, I'm tired of this argument regardless of how facetious its intention. The reasoning for removing its planet status was sound and logical. The name "planet" is pretty irrelevant to being with. There are tons of fairly substantial objects in our solar system. The people that seem to perpetuate this argument tend to not even know that. Just let it go already.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Congrats on the print Oddroc, as soon as I got back online today and saw the design, I knew it was yours, you've got a great distinctive style.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

It would have to be a planet to qualify. and it'snot.

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe
phizzo wrote:
Yeah I think it's important to teach our children critical thinking and critical thinking says pluto is a rock and nothing overly special and was only classified a planet because of the limitations of our time. We can teach them about the actual solar system and other solar systems and planets. Any other rampant hyperbole you gonna throw my way?

I understand where you're coming from, but is it not critical thinking that leads us to question the new classification of Pluto? Doesn't critical thinking require us to see both sides of the argument objectively? Is it not arrogant to say critical thinking validates your opinion alone?

Also if you can wrongly call other star systems "solar systems" you should have no problem with me calling pluto a planet.

xstevejx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages xstevejx

So, for the people wanting Pluto back, are you fine with several or maybe dozens of new planets being added?

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Hey guys this design is Also Available As A Hoodie

Woot posted a tiny link already, but I didn't realize this until just now. I'm sure a lot of others would miss it too...

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete
xstevejx wrote:So, for the people wanting Pluto back, are you fine with several or maybe dozens of new planets being added?

Definitely! I'd rather learn about the new planets being discovered than learn new contrived definitions for the word planet any day.

abatheguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abatheguy

"...Nine what?!"

I personally go with the "educated mother" and her "nine pizzas."

Without Pluto, she wouldn't be very educated serving Nachos. Or even Nothing. Is there anything "educationally" healthy beginning with N?

I mean pizza is that food that includes many food groups. And pizza is pie. And everybody loves pi.

One of the first mnemonics I've saw with just eight planets was "My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Up Naked." Apparently, "advancements" in science is yielding us disturbing images in the process. :P

bertomeeggo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bertomeeggo

take it up with NASA - boom!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats Tony!!!

kpoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpoker

Please tell me this is not to request a Pluto Nash sequel.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Felicidades Tony!

TACOS! TACOS! TACOS!

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Start my morning by finding a new Oddrock shirt for sale?

Not bad, Mondays.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
xstevejx wrote:So, for the people wanting Pluto back, are you fine with several or maybe dozens of new planets being added?

That would have been the preferred course of action.

nickjh85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickjh85

I'm just so happy that there are other wooters that listen to Aesop Rock. I signed in just to make that connection.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

ha, not a bad shirt... clever!

I once ate a cricket.

midga59

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midga59

We should be teaching about these other objects regardless what we call them.

nickjh85 wrote:I'm just so happy that there are other wooters that listen to Aesop Rock. I signed in just to make that connection.

Same here.

eci4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eci4
CowboyDann wrote:Hey guys this design is Also Available As A Hoodie

Woot posted a tiny link already, but I didn't realize this until just now. I'm sure a lot of others would miss it too...

I did miss it, and I am in need of more hoodies =[

Oh well though I like this one better as a tee.

Kokuryubo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kokuryubo

Just pointing out that on March 13th, Pluto is still considered a planet according to Illinois law.

q00u

quality posts: 0 Private Messages q00u

Pluto was NEVER a planet.

We just thought it was for a while. Science is about correcting mistakes. Anyone who says Pluto should be a planet is valuing nostalgia over reality.

ravenflesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenflesh

used to be "My Very Easy Method: Just Set Up Nine Planets." oh well

hellorufino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hellorufino

Just yesterday I was telling my girlfriend that since shirts with BIG BOLD LETTERS SAYING SOMETHING IMPORTANT seem to be all the rage now, I want to get one that really doesn't say much of anything like, LOTS OF BIG WORDS ON THIS SHIRT.

Or I'll just buy this one. Occupy Pluto.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Someone needs to wear this to the Hayden Planetarium!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Bold, original, and effective layout and design. Hats off, man! Great job congrats on print.

Gally242

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Gally242
q00u wrote:Pluto was NEVER a planet.

We just thought it was for a while. Science is about correcting mistakes. Anyone who says Pluto should be a planet is valuing nostalgia over reality.

pretty much.
this is as dumb as people whining about brontosaurus not being a valid dinosaur name.

I'm sorry general public, people who know more than you about these specialized fields have come to a consensus. All the whines and nostalgia in the world won't change stuff and honestly complaining years later just makes a person look dumb.

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid
holothuria wrote:You've got a long time to wait. Pluto reached perihelion in 1989. Given its 248-Earth-year orbital period, it won't start coming back until 2113.

I just wanted to say thank you Whether or not Pluto ever makes it as a planet (again), we still have a long time to wait before it comes back...

kettes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kettes

Why does the planet on the shirt look like Mars, not Pluto?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Kokuryubo wrote:Just pointing out that on March 13th, Pluto is still considered a planet according to Illinois law.

Interesting! Link?

I'm just hanging out, really.