dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

LOL, don't know where it was, but the news showed tape of a gas station robbery.

Some guy tried to grab a womens purse.
Gas station worker, another women, ran out and she and the robbed women knocked the guy down and sat on him.
The guy said he couldn't breath. The gas station lady said, should have thought about that before you took the purse.
Then a third lady, gas station owner, came out with yellow caution tape and they tied the guy up until the cops got there!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:LOL, don't know where it was, but the news showed tape of a gas station robbery.

Some guy tried to grab a womens purse.
Gas station worker, another women, ran out and she and the robbed women knocked the guy down and sat on him.
The guy said he couldn't breath. The gas station lady said, should have thought about that before you took the purse.
Then a third lady, gas station owner, came out with yellow caution tape and they tied the guy up until the cops got there!

http://www.kltv.com/story/18240215/dynamic-duo-opens-a-can-of-whoop-ass-on-would-be-thief

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning wooters!

doing the happy dance in my seat! Just got email that potential new job wants face-to-face interview! woot!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Turken wrote:Morning wooters!

doing the happy dance in my seat! Just got email that potential new job wants face-to-face interview! woot!

Excellent!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Awesome! Thinking the good thoughts here for you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dang, took Rusty on a walk to the park, figuring it is rainy and wet. Nobody will be in the park , except the geese. Rusty could get in a full speed run.

Walk the longer way. Get there. A Sikh grandparent with a kid in the park. Indians tend to be really afraid of dogs, unless they grew up here.

Even though the geese and the play equipment are nowhere near each other, can't let Rusty off leash.

Then I notice there is a goose family with goslings. Really young goslings.
So, poor Rusty can't go on his goose chase until the babies can fly.

At least it didn't rain while we were out!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

But was there poop?!
We must know!!

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:But was there poop?!
We must know!!

We? You have a mouse in your pocket again?

Work is once more pushing me dangerously close to maniacal laughter.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

That's terrific.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

The Avengers was great. Funny. If you go, make sure you stay through ALL the credits.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

Good job, Mr President.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:But was there poop?!
We must know!!

Two fairly large ones in the yard before we left.

Knocked a huge one, from some other dog off the sidewalk into the sump on my walk.
(Get large stick, hit poop until it goes though the fence into the sump...water recovery basin.)

Same damn dog pooping on the sidewalk all the time. HUGE poop.
Sidewalk that goes to the playground. Some day I'll catch him and....well, maybe see where he lives and pick up the poop and put them back on his lawn.

Don't want to pick up? Let the dog go in your yard! Everyone has a yard who lives within walking distance of the unclaimed poop.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:

Don't want to pick up? Let the dog go in your yard! Everyone has a yard who lives within walking distance of the unclaimed poop.

In California, there was someone who sent their child out with the dog. Walk around the block, let the dog crap, they never had to clean up.

Until I saw it happen, went out, picked it up, followed them back, knocked on the door and handed it over. Explained that next time, I would call base housing and their first shirt. One of the joys of the military!

j5

Mavyn wrote:Good job, Mr President.

Cheers to that. Jeers to NC.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Two fairly large ones in the yard before we left.

Knocked a huge one, from some other dog off the sidewalk into the sump on my walk.
(Get large stick, hit poop until it goes though the fence into the sump...water recovery basin.)

Same damn dog pooping on the sidewalk all the time. HUGE poop.
Sidewalk that goes to the playground. Some day I'll catch him and....well, maybe see where he lives and pick up the poop and put them back on his lawn.

Agree. Over the years we've had a couple of neighbors who did that. Our next-door neighbor yelled at one and she stopped. I stood front and center in front of a picture window with my hands on my hips when the other guy came down and he didn't show up again.

no1

pooflady wrote:Agree. Over the years we've had a couple of neighbors who did that. Our next-door neighbor yelled at one and she stopped. I stood front and center in front of a picture window with my hands on my hips when the other guy came down and he didn't show up again.

yeah, i didn't feel like pooping when i saw that you were watching me.

pooflady

no1 wrote:yeah, i didn't feel like pooping when i saw that you were watching me.

And stay off my lawn.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Okay; gettin' a tad political in here.

Please keep keep your opinions to yourselves.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

And on that note - afternoon and g'night.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Okay; gettin' a tad political in here.

Agree, thank you.

j5

2 posts vaguely political in a mudslide of pooptalk and the complaints fly....about the politics.
awesome.

AZGman

j5 wrote:2 posts vaguely political in a mudslide of pooptalk and the complaints fly....about the politics.
awesome.

Yup; whatever.

Two posts; one complaint and one concur. Not exactly flying.

Sounds equal.

j5

AZGman wrote:Yup; whatever.

Copy that.

AZGman

j5 wrote:Copy that.

I edited; copy at will.

pooflady

j5 wrote:2 posts vaguely political in a mudslide of pooptalk and the complaints fly....about the politics.
awesome.

I'm betting there's lots of websites and forums dedicated to all kinds of political and religious views. Personal opinion, this isn't one of them.

j5

Who am I to argue with the establishment.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:I'm betting there's lots of websites and forums dedicated to all kinds of political and religious views. Personal opinion, this isn't one of them.

(deleted)

edit:

//regrets responding to poof's post in a manor mocking earlier comments; apologizes to all.

carry on.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

So I guess I shouldn' t ask your views on same sex marriage?

//runs

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:So I guess I shouldn' t ask your views on same sex marriage?

//runs

Go back to your Sendak shrine.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So I guess I shouldn' t ask your views on same sex marriage?

//runs

You're a big help.

AZGman

This time, g'night . . . really!

j5

pooflady wrote:I'm betting there's lots of websites and forums dedicated to all kinds of political and religious views. Personal opinion, this isn't one of them.

I have already acquiesced twice to the request (my "copy that" was radio parlance, sorry for the confusion), but I can't help but think that reasoned discussion over differing opinions, when carried out in an environment of mutual respect is healthy to a "community" and at a minimum makes for interesting reading.
< /idealist>

How about that local sports team!
Oh my, what weather!

no1

j5 wrote:I have already acquiesced twice to the request (my "copy that" was radio parlance, sorry for the confusion), but I can't help but think that reasoned discussion over differing opinions, when carried out in an environment of mutual respect is healthy to a "community" and at a minimum makes for interesting reading.
< /idealist>

Oh my, what weather!

*shrug* politics and religion discussions veer off from reasoned discussion into angry posts and hurt feelings about 99% of the time. 'twould be nice if it didn't but it does.

pooflady

j5 wrote:I have already acquiesced twice to the request (my "copy that" was radio parlance, sorry for the confusion), but I can't help but think that reasoned discussion over differing opinions, when carried out in an environment of mutual respect is healthy to a "community" and at a minimum makes for interesting reading.
< /idealist>

Oh my, what weather!

Then maybe I should apologize also, but it was the word "awesome" that came across to me as very condescending and patronizing.

no1

seems like even talking about talking about politics and religion is divisive!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
no1 wrote:*shrug* politics and religion discussions veer off from reasoned discussion into angry posts and hurt feelings about 99% of the time. 'twould be nice if it didn't but it does.

Agreed.

I'm just hanging out, really.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

no1 wrote:seems like even talking about talking about politics and religion is divisive!

to paraphrase some convict i once knew, "Your talk of talking offends my sensibilities."

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
AZGman wrote:Okay; gettin' a tad political in here.

It's still a free country ('cept for NC and 38 other states) or have they banned freedom of speech?

In the end only kindness matters

j5

pooflady wrote:but it was the word "awesome" that came across to me as very condescending and patronizing.

It was intended as neither condescension nor patronization but dismay at what I saw as an overreaction to a topic being mostly ignored. To me it would be equivalent to me saying "Oh, my Galaxy!! Keep your religion to yourself!" whenever someone says they'll pray for something. (Which I wouldn't do, btw)
@no1: Viva la 1%
Oh wait
I hope that's not too political

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:yeah, i didn't feel like pooping when i saw that you were watching me.

Paul????

My brother in law took poops on front lawns on his way to kindergarten all the time!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!