pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Surgery went fine.
The little pulse monitor hubby bought off amazon gives the exact same number as the one in the hospital.

If hubby pees soon, all is well.
If not...I guess back to the er for a catheter. Hubby has had an enlarged prostrate since he was in high school.

Oh, boy, now we get pee reports on hubby.

Glad it went well.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

Wasn't it just a few months ago that they were telling us gas was probably going to be $5 a gallon this summer? Now, since it's been steadily going down, they say it could go under $3. Obviously "they" don't have a clue.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
pooflady wrote:Wasn't it just a few months ago that they were telling us gas was probably going to be $5 a gallon this summer? Now, since it's been steadily going down, they say it could go under $3. Obviously "they" don't have a clue.

As much as I have to drive soon, that will be nice, although we don't get that kind of discounts out here, mountains mess up fuel efficiency so gas costs more regardless. I think we are around 4.50 now. I bet Kenny will be bummed, his research shows his commutes are significantly longer when gas prices drop.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Surgery went fine.
The little pulse monitor hubby bought off amazon gives the exact same number as the one in the hospital.

If hubby pees soon, all is well.
If not...I guess back to the er for a catheter. Hubby has had an enlarged prostrate since he was in high school.

Glad all went well

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Glad all went well

'

Ugh, he didn't pee.

We had to go back.
The ER was packed, but I was pissed and made a fuss.
Then they took the guys next to us to fast track. Fast track....stuff you won't be admitted for....like a pee tube.
I went and asked why we weren't fast tracked.
They wondered themselves and called fast track and off we went.
Nurse put in the tube ( I can't spell it forley is the medical term I think)
I stayed to watch.
You don't want to know!
I was thinking...if the prostrate is enlarged and that makes it hard to pee, how does this get past it?
You don't want to know., but it did.
Tons of pee! over 100cc
Got the lesson on how to do it at home.
Stays in till tuesday.

Took 3 hours and we didn't wait long. If I was in a more laid back mood, we would have been there forever. Maybe longer.

They couldn't believe he was released without proving he could pee. Honestly, I was listening to them release everyone and they didn't ask anyone if they urinated.

MORAL: Never go for surgery on a friday when the day surgery is closed after 5 and all weekend. I wonder if that is why they didn't ask.

There better not be any infections. I see the er as a germ pit.
Rats and dogs and stuff can lick my face, but right now everything we had on is in the washer on hot.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:'

Ugh, he didn't pee.

We had to go back.
The ER was packed, but I was pissed and made a fuss.
Then they took the guys next to us to fast track. Fast track....stuff you won't be admitted for....like a pee tube.
I went and asked why we weren't fast tracked.
They wondered themselves and called fast track and off we went.
Nurse put in the tube ( I can't spell it forley is the medical term I think)
I stayed to watch.
You don't want to know!
I was thinking...if the prostrate is enlarged and that makes it hard to pee, how does this get past it?
You don't want to know., but it did.
Tons of pee! over 100cc
Got the lesson on how to do it at home.
Stays in till tuesday.

Took 3 hours and we didn't wait long. If I was in a more laid back mood, we would have been there forever. Maybe longer.

They couldn't believe he was released without proving he could pee. Honestly, I was listening to them release everyone and they didn't ask anyone if they urinated.

MORAL: Never go for surgery on a friday when the day surgery is closed after 5 and all weekend. I wonder if that is why they didn't ask.

There better not be any infections. I see the er as a germ pit.
Rats and dogs and stuff can lick my face, but right now everything we had on is in the washer on hot.

Oooh, ouch. Foley catheter. Hubby wasn't raising hell? Just you? Is he hurting?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Oooh, ouch. Foley catheter. Hubby wasn't raising hell? Just you?

No, he had no energy to raise hell after a surgery and worrying that his bladder might burst.

Now, the hospital will charge the insurance company for an er visit, when it should have been done before he left the hospital this afternoon.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

That is what he gets for thinking he will go back to work on Tuesday or wed!

He won't go back with the bag on his leg.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all.

Dname, glad to hear hub's surgery went well and his bladder is drained.

A bit lethargic today. Slept a really long time. We had leftovers for dinner so no effort there either.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all.

Dname, glad to hear hub's surgery went well and his bladder is drained.

A bit lethargic today. Slept a really long time. We had leftovers for dinner so no effort there either.

Sounds good!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

I've spent all day wrestling my laptop, and fighting with my kids. I just want to collapse, but now I really should finish up the stuff for my job so that can be over and done with too.

pooflady

It's taking an awful long time for sigs to show up tonight. Are the gods tinkering with stuff again? Will it make things better or worse?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:It's taking an awful long time for sigs to show up tonight. Are the gods tinkering with stuff again? Will it make things better or worse?

Honestly as badly as this laptop is behaving I wouldn't notice!

KtCallista

Goodreads just sent me an email for books released in June written by authors whose books I've liked and the top new releases of my favorite genres, how wonderfully evil of them.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:It's taking an awful long time for sigs to show up tonight. Are the gods tinkering with stuff again? Will it make things better or worse?

Don't know if they are or not. Could just be a bit of lag on that server too. Or Internet. Or gremlins.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Goodreads just sent me an email for books released in June written by authors whose books I've liked and the top new releases of my favorite genres, how wonderfully evil of them.

I really haven't figured out Goodreads yet. Is there a way to get them to let you know when a favorite author has a new book out?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Night

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I really haven't figured out Goodreads yet. Is there a way to get them to let you know when a favorite author has a new book out?

Add the book to your read shelf and give it 3 or more stars Actually this is the first time they've sent me and email about it so it may be new. I know a Rick Riordan book just came out a few months ago and I've liked pretty much all his stuff.

I was happy though, there is a new Kady Cross and I didn't know that. I need to read the last one still, but it's on my Kindle.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Add the book to your read shelf and give it 3 or more stars Actually this is the first time they've sent me and email about it so it may be new. I know a Rick Riordan book just came out a few months ago and I've liked pretty much all his stuff.

I was happy though, there is a new Kady Cross and I didn't know that. I need to read the last one still, but it's on my Kindle.

How can I add it to my read shelf if I don't know it's been written?

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:How can I add it to my read shelf if I don't know it's been written?

I meant other books you have read by the author. In the case of the book I got notified about today, I read a prequel she wrote and liked. I have her first book on my to read shelf, I was notified of a sequel.

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42
pooflady wrote:How can I add it to my read shelf if I don't know it's been written?

The best thing I found (thanks google) is to add authors you like to the list of books you have read. Then each month goodreads will post a list of new books released by authors you have read. You can get the list emailed to you if you check that option and page through past months. It's not perfect, but I kinda like this newly discovered feature. http://www.goodreads.com/new_releases/2012/5

I mostly use goodreads to keep track of things I can't remember, like authors and book titles I intended to read but can't remember the title of when I get to the store (or amazon.com).

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I meant other books you have read by the author. In the case of the book I got notified about today, I read a prequel she wrote and liked. I have her first book on my to read shelf, I was notified of a sequel.

I don't think this is going to work. I read too much. If I find a book I want, I get it and read it.

Orcrist42

pooflady wrote:I don't think this is going to work. I read too much. If I find a book I want, I get it and read it.

How can you possibly read too much? Is there such a thing?

pooflady

Orcrist42 wrote:The best thing I found (thanks google) is to add authors you like to the list of books you have read. Then each month goodreads will post a list of new books released by authors you have read. You can get the list emailed to you if you check that option and page through past months. It's not perfect, but I kinda like this newly discovered feature. http://www.goodreads.com/new_releases/2012/5

I mostly use goodreads to keep track of things I can't remember, like authors and book titles I intended to read but can't remember the title of when I get to the store (or amazon.com).

Why don't you start a site where people can just list all the authors they like and you can email them whenever a new book comes out? I'll be your first subscriber.

pooflady

Orcrist42 wrote:How can you possibly read too much? Is there such a thing?

I mean I read too much to put anything on a "to read" list. If I see a book I think I'd like or one from an author I know I like, I get it and read it immediately. You have to remember, I have a lot more spare time than you do. And maybe I have a narrower list of authors than you do.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I mean I read too much to put anything on a "to read" list. If I see a book I think I'd like or one from an author I know I like, I get it and read it immediately. You have to remember, I have a lot more spare time than you do. And maybe I have a narrower list of authors than you do.

You don't have to use the to read list, you can just list stuff you've read, or like Orc said just follow the particular authors.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:You don't have to use the to read list, you can just list stuff you've read, or like Orc said just follow the particular authors.

Thanks for the help.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:Thanks for the help.

I didn't think it would be that useful, but I've really gotten to like it.

Have a good night.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all, to work for a couple of hours, then home to finish cutting the lawn I started on monday and then I get to go to a baby shower to keep the hostesss' hubby company.

edit// home from work -now waiting for a bit before I wake the neighbours up with the mower.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning y'all

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:morning y'all

Ah, medical guy.

Does being put to sleep (can't spell the word well enough for spell check)
make you thirsty the next day?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Ah, medical guy.

Only if you wake up.
(I'm sorry, couldn't resist)

pooflady

Went to the library this morning. OH MY God I used to live in the library but haven't been to one in years. Probably looked like someone who's never read a book in her life the way I was gawking. Where's the card catalog?

So got a library card and now have to figure out how to download books to my Kindle.

Orcrist42

pooflady wrote:Went to the library this morning. OH MY God I used to live in the library but haven't been to one in years. Probably looked like someone who's never read a book in her life the way I was gawking. Where's the card catalog?

So got a library card and now have to figure out how to download books to my Kindle.

We do that fairly frequently using the library's free service on overdrive.com. If you need assistance, well... I might be able to confuse you some more.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Ah, medical guy.

Anesthesia can dehydrate you especially if they don't give you fluids intravenously.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Anesthesia can dehydrate you especially if they don't give you fluids intravenously.

She hasn't been here much today. Do you think she's being Nurse D'name?

pooflady

Orcrist42 wrote:We do that fairly frequently using the library's free service on overdrive.com. If you need assistance, well... I might be able to confuse you some more.

I might have to take you up on that. The guy at the library recommended Gutenburg Project, but just looked at that and it's kind of confusing. Although he did say it's a lot of old stuff. Everything no longer copyrighted.

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1

just curious, is anyone else at work, bored and wasting time till quiting time like i am?

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.