Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote:Forgot to say the neither son or I like Five Guys.

I'm ok with Five Guys although I find the fries are always too salty for my liking.

In the end only kindness matters

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:I'm ok with Five Guys although I find the fries are always too salty for my liking.

Everything was too greasy for us.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cinderella1 wrote:Hi everyone, and happy Sunday!
Well, it's the end of my day off, and work awaits in the morning, dang it. Don't get me wrong, I am SO greatful to have a job, it's just that I would have been SO good at being independanlty wealthy! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Welcome back!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Everything was too greasy for us.

Son has informed us that nobody over 30 should eat 5 guys.

We have a new one. Had it once.
Might go back and get the small burger and see if that is ok.

When it opened, the owners liked that it was near 5 high schools, so maybe son is right.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

See ya all tomorrow.

Might have to be up early.
Won't know until tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Son has informed us that nobody over 30 should eat 5 guys.

We have a new one. Had it once.
Might go back and get the small burger and see if that is ok.

When it opened, the owners liked that it was near 5 high schools, so maybe son is right.

Why shouldn't anyone over 30 eat Five Guys?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:See ya all tomorrow.

Might have to be up early.
Won't know until tomorrow.

Might see you in the morning before we hit the road.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Might see you in the morning before we hit the road.

Now that you have a laptop, are you taking us with you?

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Now that you have a laptop, are you taking us with you?

No. I can use their computer. Have in the past. Just not much time available to do it.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
ThunderThighs wrote:Now that you have a laptop, are you taking us with you?

I'm taking my laptop, but if the last trip is any indicator, there won't be much in the way of internet...

I can't speak for pooflady though.

Re-dyeing my hair because it came out too early. Reread the tips so I can hopefully get it to last longer (and switched to a more color friendly shampoo), but hey now I know how to get it out in under a week if I get a bad dye, or an intolerant job.

Van is vacuumed, kids are laying out clothes, trying a packing technique from Parent Hacks (now there is a useful parenting blog!) Putting everyone's clothes for each day of traveling in one of those new trendy backpack bags we get from all the kid friendly events in town (library summer reading, safety fair, home show, etc). So each night while traveling (looking at 4 nights just to get there) we take the bag with the next days clothes and the bag with jammies and toiletries and have everything we need. Then throw the jammies back in their bag, put the used clothes in the bag the new clothes came out of and move it to the end of the row in the "stays in car" suitcase. At least it sounds like a good idea!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:I'm taking my laptop, but if the last trip is any indicator, there won't be much in the way of internet...

Re-dyeing my hair because it came out too early. Reread the tips so I can hopefully get it to last longer (and switched to a more color friendly shampoo), but hey now I know how to get it out in under a week if I get a bad dye, or an intolerant job.

Van is vacuumed, kids are laying out clothes, trying a packing technique from Parent Hacks (now there is a useful parenting blog!) Putting everyone's clothes for each day of traveling in one of those new trendy backpack bags we get from all the kid friendly events in town (library summer reading, safety fair, home show, etc). So each night while traveling (looking at 4 nights just to get there) we take the bag with the next days clothes and the bag with jammies and toiletries and have everything we need. Then throw the jammies back in their bag, put the used clothes in the bag the new clothes came out of and move it to the end of the row in the "stays in car" suitcase. At least it sounds like a good idea!

Sounds like an excellent idea.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

ThunderThighs

Staff

KtCallista wrote:I'm taking my laptop, but if the last trip is any indicator, there won't be much in the way of internet...

Sounds like a great idea, especially with so many of you. I've packed separate suitcases for the road trip (small) and the location (larger). On road trips, I always pack my toiletries in a separate small case that can just go straight to the bathroom.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Sounds like a great idea, especially with so many of you. I've packed separate suitcases for the road trip (small) and the location (larger). On road trips, I always pack my toiletries in a separate small case that can just go straight to the bathroom.

Orc tends to pack everything in two suitcases, one for the girls, one for us and Ver3. The first night on the way out this spring it was a nightmare. We had to unload the whole car for a quick snooze in a hotel. REALLY don't want to repeat that again. The original hack suggested putting each days outfits in zip locks with the kids name on them and the day. This is a little less fussy take on the same idea, since we can pretty well tell whose clothes are whose. I'm glad you all think this is going to work, makes the effort worth it

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning and safe travels to those who are doing so.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

On the road again....

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:On the road again....

Great. Ear worm.

Travel safe to you and others hitting the road today.

Heading to bed soon.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper
ThunderThighs wrote:Great. Ear worm.

Heading to bed soon.

Sweet dreams!!!

cinderella1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cinderella1

Good Morning and Happy Monday!
I am at work, onced again. Hope to check in now and then. Hey, only
9 more hours to go!

You crack me up.
Of course I crack me up on a regular basis.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Safe travels! Love the packing idea. KtC.

KtCallista

ThunderThighs wrote:Great. Ear worm.

Heading to bed soon.

The "Take a look" thread is doing the same for me. Doesn't help Reading Rainbow launched it's app last week.

Need to go get stuff packed, uggh, really don't want to move. re-dyed my hair last night. Didn't dye it on Saturday because it was 8 before I had time, and ended up doing it at 10:30 last night, so it was 4 before my hair was dry this morning, uggh! (yes, this dye has to stay in for several hours, and I could probably have slept on it, but I didn't).

Now back to packing stuff, we leave tomorrow at 5.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
KtCallista wrote: (yes, this dye has to stay in for several hours, and I could probably have slept on it, but I didn't).

Now back to packing stuff, we leave tomorrow at 5.

Ugh, I would be too nervous to sleep no matter how many towels and whatnot I had near my head to keep dye from going everywhere.

Have a fun and safe trip! Don't forget the toothbrushes!

I'm just hanging out, really.

KtCallista

inkycatz wrote:Ugh, I would be too nervous to sleep no matter how many towels and whatnot I had near my head to keep dye from going everywhere.

Have a fun and safe trip! Don't forget the toothbrushes!

I should amend that 5pm, or probably an hour or two after, we are only going 2 hours that night to give us a jump on the LONG drive the next day.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:I should amend that 5pm, or probably an hour or two after, we are only going 2 hours that night to give us a jump on the LONG drive the next day.

must have missed something. are you going on vacay?

KtCallista

no1 wrote:must have missed something. are you going on vacay?

We're meeting inlaws at more inlaws' houses, I suppose some people count that as a vacay.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:We're meeting inlaws at more inlaws' houses, I suppose some people count that as a vacay.

i see.

//types note in bubba database

inkycatz

KtCallista wrote:The "Take a look" thread is doing the same for me. Doesn't help Reading Rainbow launched it's app last week.

This is also now stuck in my head just by reading the words "take a look". I tried to deny it but it happened.

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

AZGman

ROGETRAY wrote:
HOLA

¿Cómo estás?

ROGETRAY

Staff

AZGman wrote:
¿Cómo estás?

yo estoy bien y usted?

AZGman

ROGETRAY wrote:
yo estoy bien y usted?

Muy bien.

ROGETRAY

Staff

AZGman wrote:
Muy bien.

Que maravilloso!

AZGman

ROGETRAY wrote:

Que maravilloso!

Al menos por hoy!

inkycatz

AZGman wrote:
Al menos por hoy!

I'm just here to look at cute dog pictures.

AZGman

inkycatz wrote:I'm just here to look at cute dog pictures.

Me, too.

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:Me, too.

Same! Although I recognize enough of those words, I guess it might be safe to have my 7 year old come translate the conversation for me.

Bread is rising, finally. It's just a bit chilly today for a good rise on the bread.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Adorable dogs. Weather here has been a tad better today. Sun was out for about 1/2 hour. Rain has done a lot of damage around the area but thankfully my development is OK. Emptied the rain gauge - 15 inches in the past 24 hours. They are predicting another foot or so tonight. Winds are picking up again. I usually love a lot of wind, but due to the almost unbreathable heavy, humid air, it is most unpleasant outside.

More dogs por favor

KtCallista

klozitshoper wrote:Adorable dogs. Weather here has been a tad better today. Sun was out for about 1/2 hour. Rain has done a lot of damage around the area but thankfully my development is OK. Emptied the rain gauge - 15 inches in the past 24 hours. They are predicting another foot or so tonight. Winds are picking up again. I usually love a lot of wind, but due to the almost unbreathable heavy, humid air, it is most unpleasant outside.

More dogs por favor

I'm glad you're area is doing well. And you still have internet! Always a good thing. I really need to be productive. I'm googling sunscreans for Ver1, she's reacting to the brand we used last year, I guess they changed their formula and added an inactive that she's having a bad reaction to. It's not a food though, so they don't have to list things like milk and eggs.

no able Espanole.