All fear the killer bunny!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

For the reference challenged:

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sellbuyer92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

let's all get on the same page here now...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com Nemesis: Stryper2000 He stole my Big Ole Carrot

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Today's shirt write up seems a little on the cynical side.

Anyone else feeling that?

professore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages professore

I really like the design but I'd prefer if the shirt color was Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh

*not a real professor...

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

This shirt is also for those of you who bought the last shirt.woot ... which happens to be by the same artist too.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Everyone loves Monty Python references. I like the mash-up, it had GMV!

And yes, the end of the write seemed a bit cynical. My sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

Congrats lucky!

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy

Geez Woot writers, I've never even seen the movie and I got the gag right away.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

One, two... Five!

Three, sir.

Ah, yes, three!

collinvh

quality posts: 62 Private Messages collinvh

" Look, that rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer! " -Tim

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29
Narfcake wrote:For the reference challenged:

Aaah, thanks Narf. I needed that!

Now to decide if I need it on Anvil....

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

Consult the Book of Armaments.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

My brother loves monopoly but hates monty python. Do you think he would like this?

(or vice versa?)

arrrrgh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages arrrrgh

I get the Monty Python and Monopoly references, but is the "Not a snowball's chance" a reference to anything? (I know that not everything HAS to be a reference to something else - I would just like the shirt better without that part.)

miyoshinum5

quality posts: 4 Private Messages miyoshinum5
arrrrgh wrote:I get the Monty Python and Monopoly references, but is the "Not a snowball's chance" a reference to anything? (I know that not everything HAS to be a reference to something else - I would just like the shirt better without that part.)

It's a Big Bang Theory reference, "not a Snowball's chance in a CAT scanner."

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Here's the other half of the reference, for those of you who aren't into board games or have just crawled out from under a rock to see what today's woot shirt is:

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

congrats Lucky!

zofer11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zofer11

That shirt just caused me to replicate the storyline too gave It, except when I finally got my 19 y o son to look at it and be able to snarkily say something like "Your old, get out and call someone who cares about your stupid Woot stuff". Which is almost what happened.
Except the kid seems to think 420 is to be celebrated daily and not only did I get no help, I am now split between being pissed or jealous, and I am to relaxed to make any decision at all, but after the haze cleared I got the shirt joke. I'm hungry (I am going to eat the rest of the salted caramels) , thanks Woot.

Whoops I did it again : /

mutedexposure

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mutedexposure
professore wrote:I really like the design but I'd prefer if the shirt color was Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh

This would have been perfect for the description. They should hire you.

I look to the future because that's where I'm going to spend the rest of my life.
- George Burns

ArsenicDrone

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ArsenicDrone

I can't think of a reason to make a fictional account of someone missing a reference this blatant... so I have to wonder if someone at the woot office embarrassed themselves (now very publicly) by missing this one.

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

Oh look..another Monty Python shirt...Oh look..now I own another Woot Monty Python shirt!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Congrats on first place Lucky!!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

I'm pretty sure someone would guess Monty Python before Dark Souls. I'm just saying. "Be Wary of Amazing Chest"

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife

Run away! Run away! Run away fast!

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

Congrats, a well deserved first place!

aeidein

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aeidein

Monty Python isn't funny.

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." -Calvin

kevinrayli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevinrayli

Hmm. I feel like there are too many reference specific shirts.

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife

What'll he do? Nibble your bum?

luv4stephen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages luv4stephen

I'm highly depressed right now. Woot just summed up my life in one little sentence:

This shirt tells the world: “Yeah, I didn’t really get it either, but I can’t be trusted with money.”

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

Um, but I did get it right away. It is obvious. I know not what the write up is talking about. I shall show distain to anyone who does not get it when I wear it (probably not really).

Also, I am very happy to see it in first place, because "Yay, Monty Python!" *off to buy*

intensefancypink

quality posts: 1 Private Messages intensefancypink

Awesome!
Bunny + Monty Python & Monopoly + AA blanks (for teh ladies) = Go directly to my wardrobe, do not pass go, do not collect $200
No way could I resist hitting the big yellow I Want One button for this :-)

samestman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages samestman

A clever reference to monopoly is reason enough for me to buy this sucker.

captainsuperdawg

quality posts: 14 Private Messages captainsuperdawg
aeidein wrote:Monty Python isn't funny.

We will never be friends.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ArsenicDrone wrote:I can't think of a reason to make a fictional account of someone missing a reference this blatant... so I have to wonder if someone at the woot office embarrassed themselves (now very publicly) by missing this one.

Eh, I didn't get the reference when I first saw this in the Derby fog, although I was able to put it together from the comments in the thread. There are plenty of things that I know a lot about and plenty of things that I don't know anything about; why would I be embarrassed that I don't know something?

I'm pretty sure that life stops being fun when we stop being exposed to new things, and I'm grateful to woot for expanding my knowledge of pop culture.

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

lol i should have remembered there was a derby this week- it's been finals all the way

however, I think I absolutely LOVE this shirt out of all the ones i saw in the fog, so i'm pretty excited.

but I do have a question about the shirts Woot! has been using. Are they still using the shirts that were um, generously sized? (at least for the women's sizes) or are they back to using the older, more fitted tees?

I recently ordered a couple shirts and they were all in that somewhat awkward half-size-too-big thing (like they needed to be taken in below the chest). You know, that new shirt they were using?

but then one of the latest shirts i ordered came in a style more similar to the 'old' fitted tees for women.

So I'm a little confused- I can't tell where to tell, but I've been trying to take the measurements based on the chest (since that's all they give to work with) which of course makes it awkward to size.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Woo-to-the-hoo! Congrats lucky!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
TiraNomChu wrote: Are they still using the shirts that were um, generously sized? (at least for the women's sizes) or are they back to using the older, more fitted tees?
[snip]
So I'm a little confused- I can't tell where to tell, but I've been trying to take the measurements based on the chest (since that's all they give to work with) which of course makes it awkward to size.

Woot still has some of the old, more fitted shirts in their warehouse, so some designs are printing on the older, more fitted blank shirts, and some are printing on a newer, larger blank shirts. There's three ways to tell: if you look at the sizing chart, Anvil (new, larger) sizes have measurements in whole numbers and it will say "made in Honduras/Nicaragua" on the bottom of the sizing chart; AA (older, smaller) sizes have measurements in weird fractions (3/8th, 5/16th) and the bottom of the sizing chart will say "made in USA." Be careful to look for men's/women's/kids, because some shirts - like today's - will print on AA for one and Anvil for others. If you look at the sizing chart for today's shirt, you'll see that it's printing on AA (more fitted) in women's sizes and Anvil (larger) in men's and kids'.

Plus, we're keeping a post in the Reckoning thread updated on a daily basis. It's always a good idea to double-check the sizing chart for each individual shirt before purchasing, but that list is generally accurate unless woot has switched a shirt over within the past 12 hours.

kmf600

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmf600

I have a mocking bird in my back yard that makes that rabbit look like a punk.