oubliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oubliette
jfsiv wrote:It's fine it has a designs element in it, besides I've seen many other shirt that got away with it and some of theme have won too.

So, if some break the rules than others should break the rules too because that makes it okay...

What a crock. Some of the other designs in the top six claiming they are personality flaw based are VERY VERY weak at best. The designs are solid but "flaw" is just so vague, and that's annoying but this design IS just text. A background dither is hardly a design.

oubliette

grumpypuppy wrote:Hasn't this design been submitted to other shirt sites? I'm sure I've seen it a couple of times before.

If it has been, therein lies the irony. The artist is... persistent.

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy
Narfcake wrote:GMV, but you know that black is gonna be on the new blanks... which I won't buy.

That awkward moment where I don't know if you spelled "wear" like that on purpose or not...

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy
steveblack37 wrote:I do deserve this! How did you know?!

Steve, you just look like you needed it... you know!

oubliette

VenusAD wrote:Psycho is a pretty common term used in a non-clinical manner....

...just my guess, though ^^;

Y'know what else is used in a non-clinical manner? "Binksian" and many people find physically disabled find that word offensive. How about a shirt that says "Schizo". "Schizo" is a shortened version of Schizophrenic and it's used as a slur just as Psycho is, and worse than Psycho, how about "til death do us part, implying that the psycho in question is someone in a marriage.

Come on and face it, this is just as potentially as offensive as the half/empty-half/full design and I'd say it's more since as i read it, it's aimed at "those wacky irrational psycho women..." and if the artist did not direct it at women, then it's "Awww, he beats her, what a cute psycho".

I'd rather the Schizo glass of water on a shirt.

oubliette

moharry wrote:I'm guessing because "Psycho" is a much more general term, and is part of a meme ("Psycho ex-girlfriend") that is generally seen as non-offensive.

To WHO?! Men?

aemely

quality posts: 5 Private Messages aemely
Re: Bad wookie!

Damn you, Walmazan! Just when I thought I wouldn't have to buy *another* Woot shirt. GMV!

treesha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treesha

Any comments/tips/suggestions are more than welcome!

gideonfrost

quality posts: 33 Private Messages gideonfrost
meepee wrote:Something looks off about that arm...

Dinosaurs don't drive either.

calebmitchell

quality posts: 64 Private Messages calebmitchell
Re: Cheater

This is fantastic! The tortoise & the hare shirts have really been getting quite stale lately, but this is just sheer genius!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
VenusAD wrote:Psycho is a pretty common term used in a non-clinical manner....

"Psycho" carries no clinical connotations at all; it's a Greek-based prefix that means "of the mind" and is a completely neutral term clinically.

As a recent escapee of a violent marriage whose ex-husband went to great lengths to continue stalking/threatening me, I don't find this shirt funny, but I think it's "merely" in bad taste. The shirts that were satirizing psychiatric disorders using their official nomenclature as defined by the American Psychiatric Association (DSM-IV-TR, 2000) - those are actual, defined diseases with which real individuals have been diagnosed.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

mdexb2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdexb2

These are some of my favorite movies ever, and I'm not sure I've ever seen either of them referenced on a Woot Shirt, especially not Memento!

Sold to me instantly if it prints.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
theLordsarmy wrote:That awkward moment where I don't know if you spelled "wear" like that on purpose or not...

Occam says yes.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
Re: The Joker

Too soon!

that was fun while it lasted!

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402
Re: Dancing Fool

He's all thumbs and kicks ;)

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Black Sheep

yes; love the style

zsinix

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zsinix

You have no idea how much I want this shirt! Also, I'm really glad that it does NOT say "Arrives precisely when he means to" as I'm a she. Just saying...

zsinix

Oh, my Galaxy!, took me a minute, but damn did it make me laugh hard. Awesome shirt!

zsinix

Would it be too mean to give this to a bipolar friend?

perdita00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perdita00
Re: Cheater

This is wonderful

cherylrobinson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cherylrobinson
Re: Compulsive Eater

Love it. Would wear it with pride...and vigilance.

lyneldsouza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyneldsouza

This is awesome!! Great reference...hope it prints!

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
Re: Chronically Happy

Anyone else get the Kenneth reference?

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
rockymike wrote:Climbing that corporate ladder, there can only be one at the top. Watch out for the overambitious. They'll throw you off a cliff.

Very clever, I just think that if you don't have a parody this week, you're going to have a hard time getting votes.

awkwardmoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awkwardmoose
Re: The Introvert

As an introvert I really love this shirt, but am pretty put off that it's included in a "personality defect" derby..

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: Just One More Game

I'd love to buy this shirt when it prints...but I'll probably be too busy procrastinating.

I love this. You really cleared up the mouse cord issues from the pre-derby thread.

yellowflower

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yellowflower
Re: I Can Dance If I Want To

I really like the first one, but I think I like this one even better. I would buy this in a second. I just love the art style.

zinodaur

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zinodaur
Re: Curse of the Mummy

Hey boys and girls. I hope you'll like this collab between me and Jaco Haasbroek.
We both got our asses cursed for this ! :O

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Chronically Late Like a Wizard

Big fan of this shirt, though as a punctual guy, I like it more for the reference than as a personality trait (which drives me nuts).

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: revenge

The final round... Great ;)

zinodaur

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zinodaur
Re: Best Abusive Friends FOREVER

Hey boys and girl, hope you'll enjoy this abusive collaboration between me and Ville Morkki.

madquick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madquick

I saw cooler version of this -

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
gdkeen51 wrote:Help an old lady....evidently! What's GM mean? In my world it's General Manager! ;)

In role playing game terms "GM" stands for Game Maker or Game Master. It's the generic equivalent of DM, Dungeon Master, usually used for Dungeons & Dragons specific games...... although General Manager would probably work in some scenarios. LOL.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

You'd be whiny too if you had to miss this.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Best Abusive Friends FOREVER

I love your style in this.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

You'd be whiny too if you had to miss this.

ibaitxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibaitxo
Re: Bad wookie!

haha very nice job!

lekogm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lekogm
Re: Overactive Imagination

For some reason all I can think of right now is this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mgLsuRMCQ4

brianginther

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brianginther
Re: An Inky Mess

Shouldn't you still be able to see the shark's tail? Just an idea.

brianginther

quality posts: 9 Private Messages brianginther
brianginther wrote:Shouldn't you still be able to see the shark's tail? Just an idea.

nvm, I thought they were in the deep ocean and the blue part was the ink, lol. Don't know why I got that backwards.