elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
Re: Psycho

Although I love the way you did the design itself, there's no way I'd ever wear this shirt or buy it for someone. It would be nice to see a different message & word on the heart graphic. This is just way too creepy/stalker/violent in tone.

bstan517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstan517

gave me the idea to have a fishing lakitu pulling a frozen kart driver out of the water who was texting as he veered off the road

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Tangent Talker

Ha - love all the comments! Thanks everyone

So I was thinking about a big carrot in the garden, and then I thought what about a big tomato, and it got me wondering if the farmer man planted them, I saw him planting some flower seeds, but before I could look to see if there were tomato seeds too a cat appeared around the corner, but thank goodness a mouse distracted the cat from me... poor thing I hope it got away. I don't know why, I always imagined mice going to space, wouldn't it be cute to think about a little mouse going in a rocketship? They're certainly not appreciated here, everyone hunts them and humans don't want them around. Maybe they will keep going, to another planet... colonize one and live there. But then I'd like to visit, so perhaps they could invite rabbits to tea. Well, actually I'd rather ice cream... I would get strawberry flavored...or wait, maybe I'd go with carrot, a small one.

bstan517

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bstan517

that was supposed to go under a different shirt, oops. Love this one -GMV

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
neuropsychosocial wrote:"Psycho" carries no clinical connotations at all; it's a Greek-based prefix that means "of the mind" and is a completely neutral term clinically.

I've understood it to be short for "psychotic" since I was ten years old.

While psychotic may no longer be a clinical diagnosis word, it certainly was for a long time, as many prescription medications are anti-psychotic.

So yes, this word references specific mental illness, and is near the top of many mental health activists' lists of inappropriate slurs.

jasneko

Re: Drama Lord

This made me chuckle Very funny and well done!

gement

gement wrote:I've understood it to be short for "psychotic" since I was ten years old.

Or more directly, "psychopath" of course. You know, like that very unbalanced guy in that movie, Psycho, which prominently featured a psychiatrist character talking about his clinical mental illness?

alanhwoot

quality posts: 38 Private Messages alanhwoot

I hope this prints;I love it.
So if the two guys weren't on it, would it count as "text only"?

sunoki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunoki
jmlowry wrote:Oooh! As a teacher, I think this would be horribly funny to wear.

Indeed!!!

[url]http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=63240[/url/

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
tburger11 wrote:I like it. But ground it more in reality for extra effect, maybe throw in a desk with an apple or change the subject to Algebra 101.

Thanks for the input and the support. I agree that adding in some more details would make it look a little more complete, but my fear is that my not-as-stellar-as-many other-folks-around-here artistic skills would make the design end up looking a little cluttered it I tried to add in more details.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

hahaahhaa love its expressions!

DamnThoseWiffyDogs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DamnThoseWiffyDogs
Re: Tough to Please

Love anything Monty Python and the Holy Grail-related!

I agree that it needs some more furniture or background objects. Maybe change the blackboard into a rolling blackboard and have the location set in the woods? Also the artwork could use some more tweaking.

gement

firefrogh wrote:Here is a link to a detail of the Shirt.

The wood grain looks great, but it won't scroll so I still can't see the fine print!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
yellowflower wrote:I really like the first one, but I think I like this one even better. I would buy this in a second. I just love the art style.

Thank you very much!

amen87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amen87
Re: Best Abusive Friends FOREVER

this is the cutest thing ever! XD

bubblehezza

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubblehezza
Re: (Vanity) Looking Sharp

I was a bit late in putting this design into the Derby, hopefully there is enough time left to get a decent amount of votes ;-)

osucowboy96

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osucowboy96
neuropsychosocial wrote:My guess is that the rejectionator is saying that woot won't print a shirt of someone picking their nose, regardless of the character. Typically, if the problem is IP, they'll say "we can't run this." If they deem the shirt to be in bad taste - based on what they're willing to have circulate in the world attached to woot's name - then the shirt gets the "No" stamp.

Thanks for the feedback, but I don't think that's it, otherwise a cartoon character throwing up would have been rejected as well. I guess Calvin is off limits, which is fine. I know they don't have time to explain every little reason why something is rejected.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
Re: Bad wookie!

I'm hope the shedding on the couch is his only problem. Can you imagine if he wasn't housebroken?

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
dijay wrote:Hahaha... Amazing :D

Thanks mate! (o;

jasneko

Re: Yapper
cptgone wrote:stop your yapping and print already ;)

I know right? Sheesh!

lonelypond wrote:funny, cute + really like the cranberry choice.

Thanks lonelypond! Cranberry was a last minute color switch, glad you like it =)

spiceynoodles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiceynoodles
Re: Liar Liar

I'm pretty sure anything Portal I will buy... It's a problem... This is pretty funny though i dig it

spiceynoodles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiceynoodles
Re: Cheater

YES! its so cute! definitely like this shirt.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
osucowboy96 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, but I don't think that's it, otherwise a cartoon character throwing up would have been rejected as well. I guess Calvin is off limits, which is fine. I know they don't have time to explain every little reason why something is rejected.

I think it's that your image is what appears to be a photshopped copy of this:

move along

aninoag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aninoag
gement wrote:The wood grain looks great, but it won't scroll so I still can't see the fine print!

"**The sole purpose of this voyage is revenge. Any fun and sun is purely incidental."

I'd love it if the fine print gets printed clearly! :D Good luck!

bradalee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradalee
anyboatyourow wrote:How 'bout "while supplies last"?
"Stocks" seems a bit off.

Are you American?

Over here we don't really use the word "supplies" as often as "stocks"

jasneko

So cute, love the way you drew this

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
Re: Forever Young at Heart

aka "me at 80"...lol...this is for all those old folks out there that still know how to have fun...not acting your age can sometimes be a personality defect, but quite often it's precisely what keeps us feeling young...

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

rocksox901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocksox901

Oh my god this is perfect

an76685

quality posts: 0 Private Messages an76685
tburger11 wrote:I like it. But ground it more in reality for extra effect, maybe throw in a desk with an apple or change the subject to Algebra 101.

Would be better if the subject was English, particularly grammar and punctuation. Consider the black knight's lovely phrasing and how he spoke with extreme emphasis on each syllable.

giantfan8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantfan8
Re: Stop Wine-ing !

Pretty funny. I know someone who would definitely wear this. But he has a pretty "corky" sense of humor

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
Re: Good Gossip

Thanks for not drawing them as little Chewbaccas! I like it!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I wasn't happy with my first attempt at this idea, so I re-did it. This is what might have happened moments after Luke's famous whiny scene.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: All sunshine and rainbows

So which one is the personality defect, the annoyingly happy or the unrelentingly grumpy?

thismakesmecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thismakesmecrazy

thismakesmecrazy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thismakesmecrazy
Re: Black Sheep

Not ba-a-aad! ;)

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
elankat wrote:Although I love the way you did the design itself, there's no way I'd ever wear this shirt or buy it for someone. It would be nice to see a different message & word on the heart graphic. This is just way too creepy/stalker/violent in tone.

Sorry about that - no intention to offend. I'm a big Wayne's World fan, and I had (at least one) "psycho ex-girlfriend" (though not like the movie). My humor has always been just a little off-kilter, but I understand why some would not find this funny...

andrewvar90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewvar90

please make it Multi-variable, or P-chem, or english, one of those classes where this is actually a fact of taking the class

lisabethjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lisabethjo
justinsarahjo wrote:Anyone else get the Kenneth reference?

I guess the answer is no.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Aaaah! So many good suggestions! I wish I had thought about putting some of these things in before.

Unfortunately I cannot change anything from how the design exists currently. I will have to take it down and put it back up up for voting to make such changes.

But I really do appreciate all of the suggestions and critiques that would have made this design even better. I'm always looking to improve, so it means a lot to me to get feedback

windwounder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages windwounder
Re: Sang-Froid

Only one I want.