65%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

The yellow one doesn't have to be so smug about it. It doesn't matter though, The blue guy is following that whole ignorance is bliss deal.

I hate trivial pursuit anyways. Keep doin' what you're doin' blue guy.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange

I don't know what game this is, but the shirt is awesome!

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb

Instant buy. Awesome job you guys! :D This was a must have for me, as this is very much my husband and I when we play Trivial Pursuit. Yeah....he likes pie. <3

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

One has Pi with a full glass of milk, and the other has pie but feels something is missing...

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

Aw, frick. Royal blue's gone to Anvil. I was looking forward to buying this one so much...

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz

The original trivia was grammar, rhetoric and logic.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

I have a hard time believing that the piece on the left earned the pink (Entertainment) wedge all on its own...

...because it's the two of them together that are entertaining!

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

caffienekitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages caffienekitty

I've never played Trivial Pursuit (bad Canadian!). I recognize the yellow thingy as being part of it somehow, but I'm not sure how the blue lemon juicer is related.

ETA: This just in, I MAY BE AN ID10T. Never mind. *facepalm*

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
jezebelseven wrote:Aw, frick. Royal blue's gone to Anvil. I was looking forward to buying this one so much...

I was so excited to see this pop up on twitter that I ordered it without checking. *head slap* "First wooter" and I had to email woot to cancel my order. Argh. Also, embarrassed.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil

Does this count as the third in the board game trilogy?

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

If kevlar51 & walmazan died in the 60's.... how did they enter this derby?

----------
|(o)__(o)|
----------
|
\|/
|
/ \

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

pftpft

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pftpft

I wish the smart one had said pi over 3.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I believe this is the third Walmazan and Kevlar board game collab to print, but it's actually the fourth one was an unprinted (but totally should have been) Risk inspired collab.

In anycase:

Part Kevlar, Part Walmazan, entirely awesome!

Congrats guys.

zedarflight

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zedarflight

Mmm... Pi(e). As a Math Major I want to get this shirt, but as a College Student, I can't afford it. Such a dilemma.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon

Yesssssss!

Fun trivial fact: I've never actually played Trivial Pursuit, though my family did have it when I was a kid, along with a sports expansion pack. For some reason I still have that box of sports cards.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

betagirl

quality posts: 6 Private Messages betagirl

Very cute, but I've loathed that game since I was a child.

Beta

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse

Awesome! Congrats on the win guys. I stink at this game so I guess I'd rather have some pie a la mode while I wear this shirt. :D

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

I think they did a terrible job on the color name.

"We call this color: To Her Majesty’s Royal Navy"

They have shirts in Royal Blue and others in Navy. Seems like a bad idea to hint at both colors in the color description when it's only in Royal.

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7

Those eyes, always n's and u's

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

It's taco time!!! Added this shirt to my Wences/Kevin collection.

mafafu888

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mafafu888

Time to add another kevlar/wlamazan board game shirt to the collection. I demand a Ukraine is Strong print!

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 25 Private Messages gusvonpooch

I'm not sure about the bowl placement for the ladies,they seem too high.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Yay! Congrats Kevin! and thanks so much everyone for all your support!

hamjudo

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hamjudo

Reminds me of playing the game at college, when the game was brand new. Or rather not really playing the game. Fellow student Mr. Filpus, was a few months away from becoming Dr. Filpus, PhD in chemistry.

Mr. Filpus went first. Mr. Filpus lucked out, and got an easy entertainment question. Mr Filpus had nothing to fear from any other category but sports. His sports question was about golf, so he guessed Arnold Palmer. There just weren't that many famous golf players three decades ago. He bopped around the board answering science questions with ease, until he rolled right so he could get to the center to claim his rightful price.

It wasn't that the other players didn't know trivia. They never got to play. He won on his very first turn.

milqueway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milqueway

so sad...i want this, but due to the anvil switch i wouldn't be able to wear it.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:I was so excited to see this pop up on twitter that I ordered it without checking. *head slap* "First wooter" and I had to email woot to cancel my order. Argh. Also, embarrassed.

Congratulations!
For the below referenced post, you get the award for "deductive reasoning sufficiently advanced as to be indistinguishable from magic".

neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm wondering if "Trivial Matters" will print this weekend and woot pulled the remaining blanks from "Formula for Success" to use in the initial printing of "Trivial Matters." Sales of "Formula for Success" remain quite high and I'm guessing that any "core" shirt-wooter who cares about buying it on AA has already done so. Kevlar/walmazan collabs have always sold well in women's sizes, so it would be logical to reserve the remaining royal blue AA blanks for an initial run of "Trivial Matters."

Also big congrats to KevMazan for the print.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51

Thanks a lot everyone! And thanks to Wences for another fun collab!

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA

@woot: "Don’t wear this shirt: around people who do not understand homonyms"

Although Merriam-Webster seems to accept homonym as a synonym of homophone, I would have said, "Don’t wear this shirt: around people who do not understand homophones."

Homonym literally means "same name" (same spelling), like "bass" (the instrument) and "bass" (the fish). Homophone literally means "same sound", like "bass" (the instrument) and "base".

It's unfortunate that M-W does accept homonym as a synonym for homophone, as not doing so would have opened Woot up to a snarky "Like you?" comeback. :D

And, if you couldn't tell, I'm the game piece on the left.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
neuropsychosocial wrote:Kevlar/walmazan collabs have always sold well in women's sizes, so it would be logical to reserve the remaining royal blue AA blanks for an initial run of "Trivial Matters."

Exactly why I didn't hesitate to buy this. Anvil WL fits me really well and actually accommodates my bazooms. My Formula shirt in AA WXL has yet to be worn because frankly, most days I'm not into shirt-administered mammograms. I wish I could swap it.

Thanks, shirt.woot, for having shirts I can actually wear now, not just on "compression bra" days.

(If you need a WXS, have you tried running a WS through the dryer? These shrink like crazy. Or, try a kids size. I have a friend who wears K8. She likes the shorter length, as well.)

gusvonpooch wrote:I'm not sure about the bowl placement for the ladies,they seem too high.

Everything's too high for me. Thank you!

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

Shmuel510

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Shmuel510
Pony99CA wrote:@woot: "Don’t wear this shirt: around people who do not understand homonyms"

Although Merriam-Webster

...and every other dictionary...

Pony99CA wrote:seems to accept homonym as a synonym of homophone, I would have said, "Don’t wear this shirt: around people who do not understand homophones."

Homonym literally means "same name" (same spelling), like "bass" (the instrument) and "bass" (the fish). Homophone literally means "same sound", like "bass" (the instrument) and "base".

Homonym does literally mean "same name," but that does not primarily refer to the spelling. The term comes from analyses of spoken language, where the sounds are what matter. The term for words that are spelled the same way is "homograph."

A secondary definition of "homonym" is "a word that is both a homograph and a homophone," but its primary definition is synonymous with "homophone." (It is less commonly, but still legitimately, used to mean "homograph." It is a flexible term. The other two are the specific ones.) You could look it up, and not only in Merriam-Webster's.

(I checked more than half a dozen dictionaries—the oldest printed in 1854; the youngest, in 2011—but then I do this sort of thing for fun.)

Pony99CA wrote:It's unfortunate that M-W does accept homonym as a synonym for homophone, as not doing so would have opened Woot up to a snarky "Like you?" comeback. :D

And, if you couldn't tell, I'm the game piece on the left.

Guess again.

jstjred

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jstjred

First off - I love the shirt.

However, I know for a fact there is a sports category in that game...

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes

So torn in this one.

On one hand, I love Trivial Pursuit.
On the other, I suck at math.
On the other hand (look at all these hands I have!), I am a teacher and love puns/wordplay.
On the other hand, I teach English, not math, so this would make me feel like an imposter.
At the same time, on different hands, I play Trivial Pursuit with my students when we have extra time after a test...

It is so cute, though! Also, I like pie. Mmmmm. Piiiiiie.

derpzort

quality posts: 1 Private Messages derpzort

why so many "cute" shirts on woot? recently a lot of shirts on woot aren't even clever or artistic, it's just smiley faces on animals/planets/objects.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
derpzort wrote:why so many "cute" shirts on woot?

Ummm ... because this is Woot?

"It's taken some of us longer than others to reconcile the fact that we're a site that sells cutesy, jokey shirts about rabbits and penguins. It might not be what we set out to achieve in this life, but it's our niche and we like to think we fill it adequately." - April 29, 2012

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats kevlar51 and walmazan! Great work!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats to the dynamic duo. :^)

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

Should have given the empty piece crooked eyes.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

congrats kevlar and walmazan!

johnnyk71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnyk71

the true champion. BOUGHT!