Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Debut day: 850, all on imported Anvil blanks.

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
Narfcake wrote:Debut day: 850, all on imported Anvil blanks.

Fellow cakey brethren, you seem like the right person to ask... is there a notable decline in sales for derby shirts lately, or does it just seem that way sometimes?

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
margiecakes wrote:Fellow cakey brethren, you seem like the right person to ask... is there a notable decline in sales for derby shirts lately, or does it just seem that way sometimes?

I haven't tracked the debut day numbers as closely as j5 has, so honestly, I can't say what the cause is.

- A dislike for the game Trivia Pursuit?
- Some folks purposely will NOT buy on the debut day so that the artist gets a commission. They only get a flat rate on the debut day.
- Is it the blanks? My frownie was for a reason, and I know I'm not alone in that stance. Some have definitely been turned off by the transition, never to return again.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
margiecakes wrote:Fellow cakey brethren, you seem like the right person to ask... is there a notable decline in sales for derby shirts lately, or does it just seem that way sometimes?

I'm neither cake nor pie (more like a fruit cobbler ), but I've been looking at the sales figures, including Derby sales. I'll probably post in next week's Reckoning thread when it opens, if you're interested. FWIW, we recently compared sales from last week with the first week for which Narfcake pulled full data (#215, when first day sales were $10) and found that debut-day sales were down about 35% based on number of shirts sold.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Pony99CA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Pony99CA
Shmuel510 wrote:Guess again.

Nah, we can both be nerds -- but you just may be a bigger one (at least linguistically). All hail uber-nerd.

And, FYI, I only cited M-W because it's easy to type in (m-w.com), good and free. If the OED were free, I'd use that. My citation wasn't meant to imply that it was the only dictionary that would support the definition.

starksre

quality posts: 3 Private Messages starksre

My roomate just bought this game, saw it in her closet. lol great timing

ambell87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ambell87

this shirt has to come back!! That is Amazing!