WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Turn your fashion up to 11! Shirt.Woot presents Jukebox Heroes, a sale with Tees, Hoodies, Posters and More! We're blasting some of our most musically-inspired designs for you to rock out with your credit card out. So check out the merch table; your money will help us get our van to the next town over for tomorrow's gig. Just be sure to hurry; the sale ends Sunday night at 11:59 central, and there will be no encores.

Quality Posts

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

Jukebox Hero shirt-sale shirts printing on AA:
- Roots Rock (women, kids)
- Decomposition (kids)
- The Madness Of Miss Stereo (all)
- Noted (kids)
- Clefhanger Remix (women)
- Vinyl Kid (kids)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth

First sekiyoku reprint in awhile, at least that I've noticed. I'm kinda surprised.

gricomet

quality posts: 35 Private Messages gricomet
heidiruth wrote:First sekiyoku reprint in awhile, at least that I've noticed. I'm kinda surprised.

First thing I noticed, too.

devyanks90

quality posts: 4 Private Messages devyanks90
gricomet wrote:First thing I noticed, too.

Thirded

long live woottv

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Uh oh.

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants

The totes are $12. The price is correct on the sales pages, and we're correcting the landing page price now. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

neuropsychosocial

Starting Numbers:
Music Pirate 5745
Wave Function 1468
Roots Rock 2886
Muertocorrido 2469
Hootenanny 2162
ROK-101 2999
Filthy Hippies 4551
Music is Life 14684
Soundwaves 3603
Decomposition 2330
The Madness of Miss Stereo 4325
Noted 3362

No stats link for Clefhanger Remix or Vinyl Kid?

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
heidiruth wrote:I'm kinda surprised.

Really? Truthfully, I'm not. Woot's made it more than clear over the last few months that they're far more interested in profit than integrity these days.

heidiruth

quality posts: 12 Private Messages heidiruth
endangeredomega wrote:Really? Truthfully, I'm not. Woot's made it more than clear over the last few months that they're far more interested in profit than integrity these days.

You speak the truth. I rescind my surprised-ness.

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

I must be tuned to woot-frequency level. I was just thinking earlier today that I would like to see a "Beer and Bands" theme for this week's sale. Mainly so I could lay my hands on a "Filthy Hippies" or "Zombeer" print.

Delusionalovely

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Delusionalovely

Would have loved to see a 'Filthy Hippies" poster to be honest.

angelcat00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelcat00

Hootenanny! One of my biggest woot regrets was missing this one the first time around. Thank you for the second chance, Shirt.woot!

neuropsychosocial

heidiruth wrote:First sekiyoku reprint in awhile, at least that I've noticed. I'm kinda surprised.

I'm speechless. I see endangeredome's point, but it was still utterly unexpected to see her name, like running into one's high school boyfriend in the grocery store when home for Christmas a decade after high school graduation: still taken by surprise, even if in retrospect - sure, guess he still lives in town...

From the perspective of "a picture is worth a thousand words," I guess that answers my remaining questions about woot.

polluxoil

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polluxoil
neuropsychosocial wrote:Jukebox Hero shirt-sale shirts printing on AA:
- Roots Rock (women, kids)
- Decomposition (kids)
- The Madness Of Miss Stereo (all)
- Noted (kids)
- Clefhanger Remix (women)
- Vinyl Kid (kids)

Yay! This and Decomposition were the two that caught my eye from this sale. This'll probably be my last Woot purchase unless they reprint another awesome cranberry and still have AA to get rid of.

I'm actually kind of thankful Woot switched to Anvil...it helped me quit my shirt-buying habit cold turkey.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
endangeredomega wrote:Really? Truthfully, I'm not. Woot's made it more than clear over the last few months that they're far more interested in profit than integrity these days.

Even then, this is a new low that I didn't think they'd sink to ...

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Narfcake wrote:Even then, this is a new low that I didn't think they'd sink to ...

Actually there's one low left, as I assume they're still paying her for this...

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

neuropsychosocial

bounty42 wrote:Actually there's one low left, as I assume they're still paying her for this...

Narf didn't say that woot had hit rock bottom...

For those who aren't sure why we're all astonished that woot is reprinting "Music is Life," this thread is a fascinating read: the artist of "Music was Life" was caught plagiarizing another artist's work. The shirt in question, "World Nom-ination," was pulled, and the artist was supposedly banned from woot.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Oh Woot.

I are disappoint.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

All hail the mighty greenback!
Genuflect before your master.

move along

LiteEmUpGood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LiteEmUpGood

Im just happy I can finally get soundwaves. I ordered 2!

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

Pretty [redacted] up, woot. Actually, VERY [redacted] up.

"Hey guys, we have this artist that's been caught red-handed stealing from other artists. Straight up stealing. What should we do now that it's two years later and we need to sell some music-themed shirts?"

"Reprint her?"

"Genius! Surely no one will be outraged at this and we won't look like complete [redacted]!"

((volmod edit: No circumventing the language filters, please. You are fully capable of expressing yourself without resorting to bypassing the filters.))

j5

profbrendan wrote:
Pretty [redacted] up, woot. Actually, VERY [redacted] up.

"Hey guys, we have this artist that's been caught red-handed stealing from other artists. Straight up stealing. What should we do now that it's two years later and we need to sell some music-themed shirts?"

"Reprint her?"

"Genius! Surely no one will be outraged at this and we won't look like complete [redacted]!"

((volmod edit: No circumventing the language filters, please. You are fully capable of expressing yourself without resorting to bypassing the filters.))

This shirt tells the world: No liability, no foul.

move along

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

I first heard of this artist under the Bunnies vs Penguins side sale when people we complaining about the absence of Imposter. Otherspointed out that the artist had been caught stealing and banned. I thought it was very good of woot not to include it given the artist's history... Now I wonder if it was because they couldn't decide which side it would be on in hte battle

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Arg, Music is Life is gorgeous, but I don't want to support the artist. I would like to buy one second hand though.
I'm in for Noted (even though I look awful in yellow, it's beautiful so it's worth it), and FILTHY HIPPIES! My favorite shirt ever and now more of my family can wear it so I can look at it even more. Happy Dance!

Narfcake

ellegee wrote:Arg, Music is Life is gorgeous, but I don't want to support the artist. I would like to buy one second hand though.

I have one that I got incidentally in a lot purchase, size MXL on AA. I can assure you that $0 would go to the "artist".

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat

Good to see that Woot's willing to sell shirts from an artist they banned for copyright infringement. Way to keep that integrity high and keep fighting the good fight, Woot.

I was starting to relent a little from the shirt switch debacle and bought a Bake it So apron yesterday. Given this latest revelation, I think I'm done with Woot.

gsedlak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsedlak

WHERE IS PUT THE LIME IN THE COCONUT ?!?!?!

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee
Narfcake wrote:I have one that I got incidentally in a lot purchase, size MXL on AA. I can assure you that $0 would go to the "artist".

How much?

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719

Nice integrity, Woot.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8

Seriously! Woot has some selective amnesia.

PS : inb4, Krodo calls Y'all out, "haters".

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Did you really have such a hard time finding cool music themed shirts that you had to include Ramy/Seki, Woot?

Do you really need their fanclub's dollars that much?

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Narfcake

bluetuba wrote:Do you really need their fanclub's dollars that much?

The answer is (sadly) apparent ...

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement

Aw, I was hoping for a reprise of Teacher Talks Funny. But this is more a rock and music culture set. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it in the "musicians and instruments" or "back to school" collection.

killerorca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages killerorca
Narfcake wrote:The answer is (sadly) apparent ...

Maybe woot is finally funding the "artist's hurt by seki" fund and what better way to do it then using money from the designs? Didn't you ever consider that possibility?

For those who cannot tell I am joking.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
elankat wrote:Good to see that Woot's willing to sell shirts from an artist they banned for copyright infringement. Way to keep that integrity high and keep fighting the good fight, Woot.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I've stil never seen anything, outside of community speculation, that says Seki was ever banned. She may have been banned, or may have just went underground, since even her greatest supporters turned on her. Only Seki and woot know for sure.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
j5 wrote:
This shirt tells the world: No liability, no foul.

As a strong believer in human stupidity, I strongly support the "Chowderhead who picks the shirts didn't REALIZE" theory. You could have worked for Woot for 2 years and have never heard of this user, or the issue.

Still, the shirt should COME DOWN NOW! to minimize the sales.

and the person RESONSIBLE for this needs to issue a PUBLIC APOLOGY IN THE BLOG if the user really was banned for theft.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

elankat

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elankat
odysseyroc wrote:I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I've stil never seen anything, outside of community speculation, that says Seki was ever banned. She may have been banned, or may have just went underground, since even her greatest supporters turned on her. Only Seki and woot know for sure.

Whether technically banned or not, she still did the deed and they knew about it. Continuing to do business with her or attempting to make money with her designs is not cool imo.

j5

odysseyroc wrote:I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I've stil never seen anything, outside of community speculation, that says Seki was ever banned. She may have been banned, or may have just went underground, since even her greatest supporters turned on her. Only Seki and woot know for sure.

Indeed.
It's apparent Woot has no issue kicking back royalties, so how can there be a "ban"?
I think the "banned" language came from DA.

To that point, what would a "ban" even look like? Plenty of folks have alt accounts, and plenty of artists do "collabs".
If you're up for plagiarism, shell games are a trivial matter.

move along

Narfcake

bounty42 wrote:As a strong believer in human stupidity, I strongly support the "Chowderhead who picks the shirts didn't REALIZE" theory. You could have worked for Woot for 2 years and have never heard of this user, or the issue.

Where are the checks and balances, then? Joel and Barbara were around when the incident happened, and as a competing artist, Travis saw all the action too.