terminal2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terminal2k

Is it possible to buy more than one design at a time so I only pay the one shipping fee?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Not of a different design. You can opt for free shipping if you are in the US, but otherwise, have to pay per shirt.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

terminal2k

hmm, that kinda sucks because if I order 3 of the same shirt its only the one delivery charge.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Holdover from the one-item-one-day sales idea.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi

There has been a few who suggested a shopping cart under the side sales, maybe if they get enough requests. Not being able to combine for shipping has impacted my willingness to buy products from the side sale (and the reckoning page).

joacimsvensson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joacimsvensson

Agreed, it sucks that you can't order more than one t-shirt. I had 5 shirts lined up today to meet my t-shirt needs but there is NO WAY I'll pay 25 bucks in international shipping for something that you could easily fit into one shipment.

Consequence - bought nothing.
Sucks for everyone.
Except the postman.
The postman's happy.

brusea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brusea

I was wondering the same thing. It's not that hard to just have a shopping cart option and it would make shopping a lot more pleasant for buyers. I don't know anyone that would like to pay for shipping multiple times especially for shirts that can be packaged together. This is the one thing that has really stopped me from buying more than 1 shirt at a time from woot.

That shipping adds up fast.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
brusea wrote:I was wondering the same thing. It's not that hard to just have a shopping cart option and it would make shopping a lot more pleasant for buyers. I don't know anyone that would like to pay for shipping multiple times especially for shirts that can be packaged together. This is the one thing that has really stopped me from buying more than 1 shirt at a time from woot.

That shipping adds up fast.

It's actually really hard to add a shopping cart option, because there's several thousand pages all using the same code which would need to be altered. And then it's only useful on 1 of their 7 sites, but would exist on all of them.

I feel for the international contengent though, there should be some sort of assistance for them on this issue.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

terminal2k

bounty42 wrote:It's actually really hard to add a shopping cart option, because there's several thousand pages all using the same code which would need to be altered

If it is that difficult to redo the code on the site, they could setup some discount coupon code or something.

as others have said above, I would have bought 5 shirts today, and instead have bought none

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
terminal2k wrote:If it is that difficult to redo the code on the site, they could setup some discount coupon code or something.

as others have said above, I would have bought 5 shirts today, and instead have bought none

I think they do get a coupon if you order 3 of the same shirt, but I'm not sure, and that wouldn't help you anyways.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

vtannahill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vtannahill
terminal2k wrote:I would have bought 5 shirts today, and instead have bought none

Same here. Now that "all designs" are available, it's easier to buy more than one.

nanatheterrible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nanatheterrible

We were about to order ten shirts. But $50 shipping is just not cool.

snmasters

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snmasters
nanatheterrible wrote:We were about to order ten shirts. But $50 shipping is just not cool.

Shipping on shirts is free. Unless you decide to pay for 1 day shipping.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
snmasters wrote:Shipping on shirts is free. Unless you decide to pay for 1 day shipping.

International shipping for shirts is $5 and orders for multiple designs can't be combined - so for a buyer outside the U.S., it would cost $50 to ship ten different designs.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
neuropsychosocial wrote:International shipping for shirts is $5 and orders for multiple designs can't be combined - so for a buyer outside the U.S., it would cost $50 to ship ten different designs.

That's a real disincentive for me. Besides the design, $23 a shirt weighs heavily on the decision. Not easy to recommend to friends either. With woots focus on getting the latest changes ironed out and no indication that bundled shipping is something they are looking to address it appears it will cost them sales.

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

I do wonder if the reason why they don't offer a cart is because of how much more labor intensive it would be. Woot's competitor lovingly has a video of their shirt picking operations...

... and I can just imagine the added chaos of such at Woot versus the pick one/pack one system that it currently is.

ETA: Here's another of their's; 90 minutes time lapse ...

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
PixelPants wrote:That's a real disincentive for me. Besides the design, $23 a shirt weighs heavily on the decision. Not easy to recommend to friends either. With woots focus on getting the latest changes ironed out and no indication that bundled shipping is something they are looking to address it appears it will cost them sales.

I think the implications of adding a shopping cart would be fairly complex: as far as I can tell, the ordering system is identical across all eighteen* woot sites; every site except shirt has the ability for an item to sell out**, and I can just imagine the chaos/angry posts/support emails when someone browsed woot like amazon and stuff sold out before they finalized their purchases.

*Margin of error: +/- 9 sites
**Is it still possible for shirt to sell out? I think we never figured out if the cap had been raised, and only one shirt has come close to 6,000 first day sales since the switchover.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)