j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
JadenKale wrote:I would LOVE this to happen. Perhaps some would finally get a chance that wouldn't normally see the light of day.

I agree.
Unfortunately, the evidence doesn't support it.
Splitting the winnings between 1 and 2 suggests that the Sunday design is getting no winnings, which means either a reprint or a staff design.

move along

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
j5 wrote:I agree.
Unfortunately, the evidence doesn't support it.
Splitting the winnings between 1 and 2 suggests that the Sunday design is getting no winnings, which means either a reprint or a staff design.

or a "C" contract for the sunday design

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
bluejester wrote:[snip] since it's possible the 3rd place finisher has been bombing? (I don't know if the numbers back this theory up)

248 first day sales:
3: 862
2: 850
1: 1941

247 first day sales:
3: 1348
2: 667
1: 2929

246 first day sales:
3: 1042
2: 1763
1: 1777

245 first day sales / Reckoned sales:
3: 620/762
2: 1189/1606
1: 2228/active

244 first day sales / Reckoned sales:
3: 819/1098
2: 397/483
1: 4717/active

243 first day sales / Reckoned sales:
3: 1045/1491
2: 1852/2428
1: 3769/active

242 first day sales / Reckoned sales:
3: 2672/active
2: 1085/1246
1: 1849/2199

241 first day sales / Reckoned sales:
3: 2294/3121
2: 768/913
1: 1180/1316

240 first day sales / Reckoned sales:
3: 3652/5141
2: 2131/2881
1: 2876/3761

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
omarfeliciano wrote:My concept is along those lines.

Two Oxygen atoms and a Carbon atom (CO2). And one of the Oxy's saying to Carbon, "Please, let us Breath"

Don't forget the e.

Breath v. breathe is one of my grammar nerd issues, like there/their/they're or your/you're.

j5

odysseyroc wrote:or a "C" contract for the sunday design

I'm not familiar with the term.
Conditional?
Commission only?
Chlamydia?

move along

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
aerc712 wrote:Don't forget the e.

Breath v. breathe is one of my grammar nerd issues, like there/their/they're or your/you're.

your absolutely rite.

no1

j5 wrote:Chlamydia?

no thanks, i'm good.

odysseyroc

j5 wrote:I'm not familiar with the term.
Conditional?
Commission only?
Chlamydia?

As far as I know, it's commission only and Woot holds on to the rights for a certain amount of time.

The "A" contract would be the exclusive deal, "B" limited exclusivity and (I think) less upfront pay and a lower commission, C limited exclusivity and no upfront pay.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51
j5 wrote:I'm not familiar with the term.
Conditional?
Commission only?
Chlamydia?

A Contract: Woot gets exclusive rights for life and pays $1000 + $2 reckoning sales (all derbies and most dailies)
B Contract: Woot gets exclusive rights (I think for a year) and pays $500 + $2 reckoning sales (artist can choose this for dailies, most don't)
C Contract: This is new for the side sales--Woot gets exclusive rights for a year and sells during side sales. $2 per item sold and no upfront payment

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 34 Private Messages omarfeliciano
aerc712 wrote:Don't forget the e.

Your* absolutely right! ;) Thanks

j5

odysseyroc wrote:or a "C" contract for the sunday design

I hope that's not the case, 'cause it's a bit of a kick in the stones considering the numbers posted above.

move along

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
neuropsychosocial wrote:[big]NUMBERS![/big]

I think we need to combine our powers into a single Chart.

Weeks - Initial Sales - Total Sales - Blank

where Blanks is AA, Anvil, Mixed.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
omarfeliciano wrote:Your* absolutely right! ;) Thanks

Figured it's better to have a nerd speak up now before anything's submitted. Good luck with the design!

bounty42

j5 wrote:I hope that's not the case, 'cause it's a bit of a kick in the stones considering the numbers posted above.

Not really. Consider a Type B would be 250 sales, and all of those did that. A Type A would be 500 sales, and only one of those failed to do that day 1, pluse type A you don't get your rights back in a year. Potentially a Type C contract for a Winner like Formula of Success could pay $12,000 for day 1. makes $1,500 for first seem like chump change.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

kevlar51

bounty42 wrote:Not really. Consider a Type B would be 250 sales, and all of those did that. A Type A would be 500 sales, and only one of those failed to do that day 1, pluse type A you don't get your rights back in a year. Potentially a Type C contract for a Winner like Formula of Success could pay $12,000 for day 1. makes $1,500 for first seem like chump change.

I can't see Woot using a C type contract for first day sales on a single shirt at the $12 pricepoint and still pay $2/shirt. After 500 sales they'd be losing. And 500 sales is Narfcakes "rarities" ceiling.

j5

kevlar51 wrote:I can't see Woot using a C type contract for first day sales on a single shirt at the $12 pricepoint and still pay $2/shirt. After 500 sales they'd be losing. And 500 sales is Narfcakes "rarities" ceiling.

Yeah, they would have to restructure first-day. Currently, artists get $1/shirt after the 6k cap on the first day.

Neuro, are you "reckoning" numbers gross or net of first day?

move along

bounty42

Maybe they're inventing a Type D?

Or going to a PoD model for some shirts?

odysseyroc

kevlar51 wrote:I can't see Woot using a C type contract for first day sales on a single shirt at the $12 pricepoint and still pay $2/shirt. After 500 sales they'd be losing. And 500 sales is Narfcakes "rarities" ceiling.

Agreed. I'm thinking something more like "mentions of honor", than a single C contract print.

j5

odysseyroc wrote:Agreed. I'm thinking something more like "mentions of honor", than a single C contract print.

What about the change in payout?

Maybe it's commissioned prints.
Sunday! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!
Turtles! Bunnies! Penguins!
All Ramy, all day!
Kawaii don't you stop in and buy your fill!

move along

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

It's my understanding that Sunday will just be downtime on the site, so we had to make an adjustment to this particular derby. The derbies should then proceed as normal the following week.

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
tgentry wrote:It's my understanding that Sunday will just be downtime on the site, so we had to make an adjustment to this particular derby. The derbies should then proceed as normal the following week.

Way to kill our speculation mojo!! :P

and then ...

/FLAIL!!!! NO SHIRT WOOT ON SUNDAY AT ALL!??!?!
/MOAR FLAIL!

kevlar51

tgentry wrote:It's my understanding that Sunday will just be downtime on the site, so we had to make an adjustment to this particular derby. The derbies should then proceed as normal the following week.

...can we still go rampant with speculation?

thanks for the update!

j5

blast it!
I was just getting started, too.

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

That isn't nearly as entertaining.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

no1

i notice you don't deny that you'll be posting videos of yourself dancing half-nekkid at the woot offices after hours.

neuropsychosocial

bounty42 wrote:I think we need to combine our powers into a single Chart.

Weeks - Initial Sales - Total Sales - Blank

where Blanks is AA, Anvil, Mixed.

That is what I track. Plus a bit more info.

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach

I think I'll submit this - "A Different Demeanor for Death"

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy

Because a TRIPLE Rainbow would just be silly!

We have another entry coming too, but this one was fun! :D

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
noxandpy wrote:Because a TRIPLE Rainbow would just be silly!

Genius! I literally LOL'd.

bounty42

noxandpy wrote:Because a TRIPLE Rainbow would just be silly!

For some reason I get a Creepy feeling off this one, like the title should be Rainbow Voyeur.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
burnapaperzach wrote:I think I'll submit this - "A Different Demeanor for Death"

Seems more like "one of these is different" and less like "3's a crowd".

burnapaperzach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages burnapaperzach
orabbit wrote:Seems more like "one of these is different" and less like "3's a crowd".

Actually, you're right...I guess I'll sit on this one for a bit

j5

burnapaperzach wrote:Actually, you're right...I guess I'll sit on this one for a bit

Go ahead and submit. Tenuous theme compliance is a staple of the derby.

move along

noxandpy

bounty42 wrote:For some reason I get a Creepy feeling off this one, like the title should be Rainbow Voyeur.

Hmm, maybe we'll shoot for the creepy trifecta! Voyeuristic rainbows, hot tubs full of butter, and.......

Hmm, perhaps I've said too much already. ;D

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi

Just wanted to check this idea with peeps... super rough. At first I thought it would be okay for the derby but maybe it feels more oddball I don'tevenknow:

I might shelve it for later for other reasons too... but just wondered if people felt it was on topic or not.

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood
rasabi wrote:Just wanted to check this idea with peeps... super rough. At first I thought it would be okay for the derby but maybe it feels more oddball I don'tevenknow:

I might shelve it for later for other reasons too... but just wondered if people felt it was on topic or not.

I would say that's definitely on topic. Great idea (:

noxandpy

Here's the mock-up of the second idea - does it read okay? Obviously, super rough.

Kidaho

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kidaho
rasabi wrote:Just wanted to check this idea with peeps... super rough. At first I thought it would be okay for the derby but maybe it feels more oddball I don'tevenknow:

That is another "one of these is different." - a lot easier topic.
This one will be a tough one to stay in topic, but I want to try.

neuropsychosocial

Inspired by noxandpry, what about peanut butter, jelly, and fluff? Does anyone put all three on a sandwich? (I have a hard time believing anyone puts marshmallow fluff on anything, but my best friend loves it.)

dntpnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dntpnc

I love the design and was getting really excited about it until it turned into a dumb bacon joke. I'm one of the world's few non-vegetarian bacon haters. I don't get what the big deal is.

I sincerely love the artwork though!