rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
dntpnc wrote:I love the design and was getting really excited about it until it turned into a dumb bacon joke. I'm one of the world's few non-vegetarian bacon haters. I don't get what the big deal is.

I sincerely love the artwork though!

For the record, I don't really like bacon either (gasp!). I was just ribbing america, aka bacontopia :P

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
rasabi wrote:For the record, I don't really like bacon either (gasp!). I was just ribbing america, aka bacontopia :P

in america, bacon is made from pork belly, not ribs.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

I just realized how horrible this is. Sorry!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
orabbit wrote:A friend drew this on a napkin at the bar. Too soon? That's a rainbow in the back. It's called "In an alternate reality".

really?

move along

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

First idea, title suggestions welcome - on kelly or grass

dreadwood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadwood

Here's my entry for the week. Don't be scared (:

nathanwpyle

Second idea - "I'm happy for you guys"

or better title suggestion

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock

Here's what I put together for this week. although this design will be buried by the onslaught of pop culture designs I hope it can get some love, right?

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy

Ooookay - opinion time! Faces or no faces? (as an aside, we're still deciding on the background color, so the red is not necessarily finalized.

and you can look here if you want a vote on shirt color too :P

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
midgerock wrote:Here's what I put together for this week. although this design will be buried by the onslaught of pop culture designs I hope it can get some love, right?

Lose the distressing, it doesn't work here. Also, maybe brighten up the cherries some. I'm thinking maraschino red. It's not evident at first glance that the "dropper" came from the middle stem, not sure how to fix that unless you rewind the action some to be closer to the dastardly act.

move along

orabbit

noxandpy wrote:Ooookay - opinion time! Faces or no faces? (as an aside, we're still deciding on the background color, so the red is not necessarily finalized.

and you can look here if you want a vote on shirt color too :P

Faces/olive. But I'm not sure I get it. She cooks carrots and peas in the same pot?

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy
orabbit wrote:Faces/olive. But I'm not sure I get it. She cooks carrots and peas in the same pot?

It's a play on the saying "They go together like peas and carrots." Turnips are not invited to the butter jacuzzi.

unsenuchiha

quality posts: 4 Private Messages unsenuchiha
j5 wrote:Lose the distressing, it doesn't work here. Also, maybe brighten up the cherries some. I'm thinking maraschino red. It's not evident at first glance that the "dropper" came from the middle stem, not sure how to fix that unless you rewind the action some to be closer to the dastardly act.

How is it not obvious that the dropper isn't from the middle stem? I thought that was clear at first glance and I love the color of the cherries and the background. The only thing that kinda bothered me was the jagged leaves because to my knowledge, cherry leaves have "straight/flat" edges for the most part... but that's just my 2 cents.

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
unsenuchiha wrote:The only thing that kinda bothered me was the jagged leaves because to my knowledge, cherry leaves have "straight/flat" edges for the most part... but that's just my 2 cents.

Haha had to respond. The cherry trees in my backyard have jagged leaves :D

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

here's what i ended up working on. any thoughts are appreciated!

orabbit

ladybugb wrote:Haha had to respond. The cherry trees in my backyard have jagged leaves :D

Seconded. At least choke cherries do, and I'm pretty sure regular ones do too.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
j5 wrote:Lose the distressing, it doesn't work here. Also, maybe brighten up the cherries some. I'm thinking maraschino red. It's not evident at first glance that the "dropper" came from the middle stem, not sure how to fix that unless you rewind the action some to be closer to the dastardly act.

cherries on the stem wouldn't be the bright maraschino color your requesting. wanted to go fo a more true color. but thanks for the feedback.

unsenuchiha wrote:How is it not obvious that the dropper isn't from the middle stem? I thought that was clear at first glance and I love the color of the cherries and the background. The only thing that kinda bothered me was the jagged leaves because to my knowledge, cherry leaves have "straight/flat" edges for the most part... but that's just my 2 cents.

thanks for the support. everybody sees things differently I guess.

as to the leaves...

unsenuchiha

ladybugb wrote:Haha had to respond. The cherry trees in my backyard have jagged leaves :D

1.) Yeah, after having posted that, I decided to look it up because I was second guessing myself and you're right, they can be jagged so I apologize for that comment as far as being wrong, but for some reason I think flat/straight edges would look better in my opinion.. but it really doesn't matter, the overall design is still very well done and quite funny too. I definately LOL'd when I first saw it.

2.) You have cherries growing in your backyard?! I'm jealous! Haha.

unsenuchiha

midgerock wrote:Here's what I put together for this week. although this design will be buried by the onslaught of pop culture designs I hope it can get some love, right?

Another thing that probably doesn't matter but just a thought to go with the theme of this derby, maybe you could add a third leaf, jagged of course! ;) Regardless of what you decide on as your final design, you're getting my vote!

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

This is my entry for tomorrow. Working title, might need help with that. Any suggestions on the design?

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos
nathanwpyle wrote:First idea, title suggestions welcome - on kelly or grass

Kelly Green is closer to Link's tunic.

unsenuchiha

omarfeliciano wrote:This is my entry for tomorrow. Working title, might need help with that. Any suggestions on the design?

Are those supposed to be valence electrons around each of the molecules?

ladybugb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladybugb
unsenuchiha wrote:
2.) You have cherries growing in your backyard?! I'm jealous! Haha.

XD 2 cherries, two pears, a peach, 6 tomatoes, 4 peppers, peas, green beans, tons of blueberries, 2 blackberries and a raspberry. :D And some lettuce.

We love plants!

omarfeliciano

unsenuchiha wrote:Are those supposed to be valence electrons around each of the molecules?

Yes, why?

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester

I was reading this and suddenly realized that I have had an idea/sketch that is perfect for this derby lying around. However, I have no photoshop tools or gimp to do this with. (My computer recently underwent a massive overhaul.) Is there a professional designer or some one with the tools who'd be willing to take the idea all the way?

Just asking. If not, no biggie. Thanks for reading.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Here's what I've done so far... having trouble deciding which shirt color, if anyone likes it and has an opinion! (I also was considering baby blue and kelly green). Thanks!

bluejester

jasneko wrote:Here's what I've done so far... having trouble deciding which shirt color, if anyone likes it and has an opinion! (I also was considering baby blue and kelly green). Thanks!

I think that the green works best, likely because it almost evokes a picnic feel with the red and green contrast.

mubarama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mubarama
kevlar51 wrote:here's what i ended up working on. any thoughts are appreciated!

Too funny. Seriously.

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
omarfeliciano wrote:This is my entry for tomorrow. Working title, might need help with that. Any suggestions on the design?

in most molecular kits (that I've seen), oxygen is represented by the color red... which may assist in showing their frustration (red = anger / passion) of wanting to breathe. carbon is black, but eh. (:

unsenuchiha

omarfeliciano wrote:Yes, why?

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I tend to be wrong a lot, lol) but I believe each molecule is supposed to have 8 collectively in order to be stable which means you have extra valence electrons in your oxygen atoms. Other than that, I think it might look better on a silver background and then use slate lettering,.. but maybe I'm just saying that because I want lighter shirts because I have too many black and slate shirts. :P

nathanwpyle

idea 3 - title suggestions welcom

omarfeliciano

jboshaw wrote:in most molecular kits (that I've seen), oxygen is represented by the color red... which may assist in showing their frustration (red = anger / passion) of wanting to breathe. carbon is black, but eh. (:

I noticed that too, I just wanted to play with colors that could evoke "air" (as in breathing). Here is a version with your suggestions, any more thoughts?

I changed Carbon's electrons, so now it doesn't look like it has 8 instead of 4 in the outer shell. Maybe that's why Unsenuchiha asked about the electrons.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

@bluejester - thanks!

kevlar51 wrote:here's what i ended up working on. any thoughts are appreciated!

Ha! I was thinking about chopsticks too but couldn't come up with a design around it...funny.

unsenuchiha

omarfeliciano wrote:I noticed that too, I just wanted to play with colors that could evoke "air" (as in breathing). Here is a version with your suggestions, any more thoughts?

I changed Carbon's electrons, so now it doesn't look like it has 8 instead of 4 in the outer shell. Maybe that's why Unsenuchiha asked about the electrons.

Maybe you could have the carbon atom saying, "But we share a bond!" or something along those lines!

ApeLad

quality posts: 37 Private Messages ApeLad

Here's what I've got. I was going to call it Sith You've Been Gone, but I'm pretty sure that name won't fly.

Untitled by Ape Lad, on Flickr

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain

Three's a crowd

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

YAY I might be able to do something for this derby. Finally! I was getting tired of work getting in the way of derbying. The 2 places only thing is a bit weird. It's nice that they are splitting 3rd's winnings with 1st and 2nd.

Downtime? Does that mean that the site won't even be up that Sunday?

bluejester

ApeLad wrote:Here's what I've got. I was going to call it Sith You've Been Gone, but I'm pretty sure that name won't fly.

Untitled by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Split Forces?

Shaken Apart?

Two and a half Men?--wait, that one is taken.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
DianaSprinkle wrote:YAY I might be able to do something for this derby. Finally! I was getting tired of work getting in the way of derbying. The 2 places only thing is a bit weird. It's nice that they are splitting 3rd's winnings with 1st and 2nd.

Does that mean that the site won't even be up that Sunday?

I doubt it will be down all of Sunday, but probably enough that sales won't be good.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

colinlepper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper

Man, 4 AM and Im FINALLY done! I can't decide on a name... I was thinking something like, the final countdown, or, the final showdown... anyone have suggestions??