remyjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remyjd
Re: One in Every Group

Enjoyed meeting you at DCC (me in yellow viking biking shirt and the vegetable avengers shirt sunday) Hope it all goes well as this shirt definitely gets my vote.

erimock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erimock
airframeas wrote:This statement alone would really royally tick off the rejectors on this site. The statement seems "unsportsmanlike conduct" coming from you.

One question for you: If you think it is a waste of time, then why are you submitting designs at Woot? And two, why submit a shirt that is off topic and also going against the rules. The rules clearly stated, as others have said, that there are "No text only designs". Sometimes, I wished people would read the rules of the derby BEFORE submitting anything..... But that is just me.

Please read my reply to the other person that didn't get the point of my waste of time comment. It has nothing to do with unsportsmanlike conduct. I really could not care less if the design gets rejected; it's not like it was going to win anyway. I just want to try to get a better understanding of the boundaries (even the 'unwritten' ones) because they are exascerbatingly vague.

Likewise, what exactly does text only mean? I would consider my design a text-based design. There is some artwork in there. Unfortunately, the rejectors are too busy trying to be cute instead of explaining what was objectionable.

Like a previous poster said, it's nice to get feedback. Getting some from the rejector would also be useful.

Plus, it's only off-topic in your mind. Broaden your persepctive. Sometimes crowds are good.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Secret love

I saw this is rocking it up on DA. Im pretty sure we've got our first placer here! Also it's a lovely image, very sweet ;-;. Go, Naolito!

andrewohara26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewohara26

Thanks! It's a start anyway. I'm actually worried it may be too subtle. Sadly, most of the people on this site probably know Meat Loaf as the guy with "b*tch t*ts". Thanks again!

billeggert wrote:very subtle. made me laugh out loud. nice

kelpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelpy

Lady-friendly!

vcalahan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcalahan

Thx! I thought about it, but went for Dad looking at birdy so to make it clear what was happening here. Hopefully that kiddo is so sweet he'll smoothen and love the kid!

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
slacker44 wrote:Thank you Mario! But our princess is in another castle!

Apparently it's more like: "Thank you Mario, but there's another, uh, castle in your, uh, princess."

Chiefchief

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Chiefchief
Re: An Argument Amongst Friends

Comma guys! Can't we all just get along?

P.S. I lied!

mikeandpat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikeandpat

I love this shirt!!! I want it!!!

Re: Not now, chewie

tangolite132

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangolite132
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=63196]Lewis

Made me laugh.
By the way, what's up with the crazy quote thing? >.<

"Riddle me this, riddle me that: who's afraid of the big black bat?"

aberzombi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aberzombi
dharmadan wrote:Where can I get one if it doesn't win??

Likewise for me as well.

nlc7345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nlc7345
Re: The Bohr Model

I want this one to wear when I teach this.

tangolite132

Re: The Next Door Neighbor

Oh, god...xD This is hilarious. Too bad the rejectionator got to it.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
erimock wrote:Please read my reply to the other person that didn't get the point of my waste of time comment. It has nothing to do with unsportsmanlike conduct. I really could not care less if the design gets rejected; it's not like it was going to win anyway. I just want to try to get a better understanding of the boundaries (even the 'unwritten' ones) because they are exascerbatingly vague.

Likewise, what exactly does text only mean? I would consider my design a text-based design. There is some artwork in there. Unfortunately, the rejectors are too busy trying to be cute instead of explaining what was objectionable.

Like a previous poster said, it's nice to get feedback. Getting some from the rejector would also be useful.

Plus, it's only off-topic in your mind. Broaden your persepctive. Sometimes crowds are good.

No, it's off-topic. Woot makes the theme, they decide what's on-topic, not you.

tangolite132

omarfeliciano wrote:Rules? Fork'em

I actually laughed at this..

curlycue9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curlycue9

This is my cat, Tim, before he is exiled out of the room for the night. Enjoy

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif

Love it! One of my favorites since joining the site. Here's to a print!

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

jamjam511

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamjam511
Thirdbase9 wrote:I'm positive they should get rid of the electron.

that's a good one!

hrwiddif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hrwiddif
Re: Game of Chairs

Concerning whether it's on topic or not, quantitatively speaking...if there's one chair, as the game goes, two people should be playing, so two would be logical. Make it three, and it's a crowd. I feel silly, hashing out the rules of musical chairs, but the concept seems totally on topic once I do.

rainbowrobots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rainbowrobots
Re: Lovebirds

I wannit.

runnerfrog13

quality posts: 10 Private Messages runnerfrog13
Re: Fun For Who Exactly?

This would also look great on Royal Blue, or perhaps even Cranberry
(oh, gmv btw)

runnerfrog13

Re: The Bohr Model

Cute idea, poor electron...
Do you have a closeup of what your halftones will look like? They just look like gradients right now

runnerfrog13

Re: Lovebirds

What an interesting mix of stylized and realistic design, it works really well together. I also second what the first commenter said, this is a nice subtle take on the theme. I could see myself wearing this in alot of situations.

runnerfrog13

Re: Like Peas and Carrots

Heh, funny. I had to look again to get that it was a hot butter tub! The colors are very attractive.

I'd say the only thing that bugs me is the shadows around the tub make it feel like it's got dirt on/around it too, not just the turnip, so there's not as much of a "odd man out" feel as if the hot tub had nice clean linework for side and floor, with the ground texturing being around the turnip area. Or perhaps the texturing around the tub could have been more clean, smooth, regular type shapes? Something like that.

runnerfrog13

harzack wrote:I do not understand the denial. Cool design of a great designer.

Woot rejects designs that are too risque, as they want to keep their site/shirts somewhat more family oriented. Like one person said, if you can't imagine a parent being happy to get the shirt in their bag of randoms for a kid, then woot will probably reject it. Your design kindof walks theline Harzack, as it just kindof hints, where this one is pretty blatantly risque.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 97 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: I'm sure we will all be safe

You need one in a blue and one in a gold, the third in a red shirt.

I don't know.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 97 Private Messages Thirdbase9
Re: Pees

Can you say rejectionator?

I don't know.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Glad One of Us is Happy

The shirt template only shows up on the thumbnail, and not on the main page where people vote. I think this is grounds for woot to reject your entry.

Recommend you withdrawing this, and swapping the 2 drawings.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
erimock wrote:....
Likewise, what exactly does text only mean?

Anything that can be typed on a keyboard, even things that require ASCII text, like an infinity symbol, is considered text. This is based on what has been rejected in the past.

Yes the rejectionator is fairly vague. But everyone gets the same vague treatment.

hcschmidt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hcschmidt

Yeah I shrunk it down too much and then made it bigger. New at this stuff, just giving it a try. But the topic is two is company threes a crowd so I had Frodo and the ring as the two and was going to have Sam in the back but ran out of time, not as creative as I thought... whatever the reason, only put Frodo and the ring. Kinda guessed it would be kicked out but decided to try anyway.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Like Peas and Carrots

So surprised that this doesn't have triple the votes it has...This is so good!Very cute design!

noche

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noche
uranaishi wrote:This is a really cute shirt, but actually my main gripe is that Lewis & Clarke were actually a threesome - with Sacagawea, the pregnant Shoshone woman who interpreted for them, guided them during the expedition, and in fact saved their lives and their journals at different points during the expedition.

That's actually not true either. Lewis and Clarke had an entire team they traveled with. They were just the leaders of the expedition. they often met up with several tribes of Native Americans whom they spent days trading and traveling with. This concept that Lewis and Clarke traveled alone and only with Sacagawea is a romanticized version.

ciaralee

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ciaralee

Off-topic. Toilet humor. Not gonna make it here.

ciaralee

Re: I'm sure we will all be safe

It's not exactly three's a crowd here. And if they're all in red shirts, they all die. Someone needs to survive.

ciaralee

Re: Chopsticks

I hope this gets printed. (If it's on AA) I'd buy one.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: You, Me, and Steve

The thumbnail image needs to reflect the shirt color in use. Grounds for rejection.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Also not on a shirt color offered by woot.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
tabitha87 wrote:Star Wars... how original...

Complaining about Star Wars... how original...

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

hudsonhawk8200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hudsonhawk8200
Re: Guns, Roses 'n' A Puppy

gimme that puppy

zaydabarros

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zaydabarros
erimock wrote:You are completely missing the point. What is a waste of time is all dependent on the person spending the time. Thus if, as the previous person suggested, I am wasting my time then so is everyone else here. And to a much larger degree than I. People should be allowed to make up their own minds about how to spend their time and what they consider wasting it.

No, YOU are wasting YOUR time because YOU are submitting designs that are out of the guidelines. The people who are submitting stuff that follows the rules are not wasting their time and they can get a lot out of this, besides the money, like practice and feedback.