cartoonron2007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cartoonron2007
citizencoyote wrote:Hah, I love the expressions on both of them! Fantastic!

Thanks! I really wanted to do a catapillar this week and i knew i wanted him to be triumphant, so... there we go. Enjoy!

kllangellier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kllangellier
Re: The AfterSplat!

This is full of win! I'd totally buy this!!

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Free To Go

Can't have too many fireflies! Hope y'all like it.

arinesart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arinesart

Well, the thing is not if they are in danger of drowning or not, or they can fly (there are characters flying in the background), is that the termite kinda crashed the party.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Clockwork Monarch

Not sure Cranberry was the best Shirt for this, esp. since it's no longer an AA magnet, but I love the design.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

Re: Firefly

NB4 it's Rejected for Pop Culture.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
ochopika wrote:Can't have too many fireflies! Hope y'all like it.

Especially when they look like this.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
clarinerd wrote:I haven't fact checked this, but I believe that bees don't watch tv or play the guitar either. So, you know, that's another thing that's wrong. :P

Thanks for the laugh.

I really like the design. Anyone who has ever been in an apartment or had loud neighbors can appreciate it. Heck, anyone who likes stuff that's funny can appreciate it. As for the accuracy of certain elements, so many people associate that shape with bees and hives that it's understandable why that part was incorporated into the design.

bounty42

Re: Winter Butterfly

My Pick of the Week. Here's to Hoping that WINTER IS COMING!

divyarky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages divyarky
Mavyn wrote:Worms?

Clever, but no worms is actually in the title of the derby.

woops... it's my first actual submission and of course i'd not read the instructions fully

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Feat Achieved

LOLOL, but this is actually cute and funny! Hahah, awesome joke. I dont know if they'll let it stay, but it's still a good image.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Overindulgence

I had a rat like this once. She would eat and eat and eat. Once she was walking around on the floor and found a piece of old jerky, totally stuffed it in her face. Then we had to do the 'choking fat rat swing' to help her unlodge her snack. >_< Fatty Lumpkin!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
clarinerd wrote:I haven't fact checked this, but I believe that bees don't watch tv or play the guitar either. So, you know, that's another thing that's wrong. :P

I know, but this is just the kind of thing that bothers me. Morphing them to human characteristics doesn't stick out as 'wrong', making honey comb into apartments does.

*shrugs*

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
fluttersby8 wrote:I really like this, but I think the placement of the big black dot will be problematic for the busty crowd.

Well, at least it isn't a big PINK blob.

aerc712

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aerc712
Re: Work Smarter, Not Harder

This may not work, but I was thinking that the ant on the oreo could be standing up and leaning back, as if he was running backward (I'm thinking of the funny walk the WB frog would do). That way the ant would be facing the same direction as the others, can have a triumphant expression, and perhaps settle the issue of moving in the right direction. Sorry if this is a bit muddled (and just plain wrong), I swear it made some sense in my mind as I tried to picture it all.

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger

Thanks I wasn't entirely sure about the color myself, but I felt it was better than most of the options.

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
Re: Web Of Deceit

I am torn... On the one hand, spiders (even in images) freak me out. On the other, a beautiful butterfly. Excellent job.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
Re: Overindulgence

Ewww, he's eating his own vomit.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
loridi wrote:I am torn... On the one hand, spiders (even in images) freak me out. On the other, a beautiful butterfly. Excellent job.

behold the duality of nature! (and thanks)

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
Re: Watching fireflies

You'll be getting dinged by the no pop culture rule this week.

jfsiv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfsiv
bounty42 wrote:My Pick of the Week. Here's to Hoping that WINTER IS COMING!

Thank you I feel honored for being your Pick of the Week.

zanuhdu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zanuhdu

Beautiful!

rick2tails

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rick2tails
Re: Army Ants

Army Ants! clever!

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage
Re: Caterpillar Reborn

Love this design! Good luck!

bikepilot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bikepilot
Re: Mosquito Party

This needs more votes. Awesome posing!

ellegee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ellegee

Please please PLEASE do editor's picks from these all next week! There are too many gorgeous ones to only choose three!

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
perdita00 wrote:lovely

Thank You!

natecastle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natecastle
slyrket wrote:First time commenter here.

I would like to state first that this is a very cute design! But there is something that is slightly bugging me about the image of the ant on the rolling Oreo. If he is running in the direction that all the other ants are walking, the Oreo would be rolling backwards away from the destination. He would need to be facing backwards and running to go in the correct direction, perhaps waving at his little and buddies as he is speeding by

Gotta agree. Love the idea, but the other guys in the Science department here would mock me mercilessly.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: Rosebug

Ok, this is awesome!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Learning to walk on water

What color tee is that supposed to be?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Mavyn wrote:I know, but this is just the kind of thing that bothers me. Morphing them to human characteristics doesn't stick out as 'wrong', making honey comb into apartments does.

*shrugs*

I don't think of it as a "if bees were in their natural habitats this is what it would look like" kind of design, but more of a "if bees were to have to deal with living with obnoxious apartment neighbors, their apartments would be shaped like honeycombs."

In my head the honeycomb room shape goes along with the personification of the bees, int that if bees had apartment complexes they would be shaped like honeycombs because bees make honey in honeycomb shapes. It isn't a factor that was taken to make the viewer identify them as bees, like the yellow/black coloring or the wings.

I don't know if looking at it like that helps you?

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
Re: spider serenade

Something tells me this affair will end badly.

Naolito

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Naolito

So good!

vcalahan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcalahan

Thx! Glad you dig it!

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

I love this Ocho! It would look great on a v-neck.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Very nice! Please tell me that is not text on the sled. I hope not!

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
Re: Dragonfly

So love the colors, both shirt and design. Please vote this one up so I can buy it!

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity
Re: Bye Bye Buggie

That's one BAD BUG! But I love him :D

inu14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inu14
Mavyn wrote:What color tee is that supposed to be?

Hi it should be the baby blue however, after submitting I realised I left the setting on only web colours on photoshop so its a bit murky sorry.

I don't know whether or not to resubmit with the correct colour - but the correct colour version is submitted to woot

vcalahan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcalahan

Why's that? I'm curious now!