WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Haven't you heard the news? We're collecting photos of you in your favorite Woot Shirts to commemorate our upcoming fifth birthday! Submit them to our Facebook page (be sure to include your Woot username so we can track you down) and you could be highlighted here, in our special blog post of fame! 

We've already gotten a ton of submissions, which you can view here, but here are our absolute faces for this week:

Winner, Best Family Photo: Lynette Lopez

Lynette - Lopez family woot shirt day in Disneyland
Lynette's crew rolls Woot deep.

Winner, Most Hilarious Celebrity "Endorsement": Diane Robinson Hines

Never has a man looked more stern while holding a s'more.

Winner, Inbox Flooding Award: Missy Sanders

Missy Sanders pandering to the St Louisians
It was hard to pick one, since Missy sent us 11 photos total, but our hometown pride won out.

Winner, Most Meta Shirt: Zoë Hash

We heard she tried to put the shirt on the fox, but lost a pinky finger.

And Our Absolute Most Favorite Photo (This week, anyway): David Sullivan

David sent photos from Indonesia AND the Southern tip of Africa. For that, we figure a BOC is in order.

Congrats to our winners, and please be emailing us your Woot usernames so we can send you a little somethin' for your trouble! Keep submitting photos, kids, and look for next week's update right here on the blog!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Please tell me that fox's head is attached to a body...

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
tgentry wrote:Please tell me that fox's head is attached to a body...

That fox's head is attached to a body. It's a Penguin's body, part of a the inital experiments into breeding Turbunguins, but it is attached...

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

loridi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loridi
bounty42 wrote:That fox's head is attached to a body. It's a Penguin's body, part of a the inital experiments into breeding Turbunguins, but it is attached...

LOL! I am not sure if I'd want to see that, but I am sure a crafty individual could produce it.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
tgentry wrote:Please tell me that fox's head is attached to a body...

I believe the fox is in the bag the guy is holding and is just looking the other way. But yeah it looks like the fox head is just a head the girl is puppeting.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Woohoo! I'm a winner for spamming them with 11 photos! Seriously, the majority of my photos from the last 5 years have been in woot shirts. Lots of neat memories while sorting through the photos. Thanks shirt.woot!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Sorry, that's a sack full of fox heads.. That girl may look innocent and sweet but she's clearly a monster inside.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie
trekmiss wrote:Woohoo! I'm a winner for spamming them with 11 photos! Seriously, the majority of my photos from the last 5 years have been in woot shirts. Lots of neat memories while sorting through the photos. Thanks shirt.woot!

Haha! The ol' brute force attack!

Thinaeariel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thinaeariel

I must clear my good name!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=468943943123099&l=3822082d7d

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Thinaeariel wrote:I must clear my good name!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=468943943123099&l=3822082d7d

D'awwwww

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

I really thought I had a chance

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

twinklergirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twinklergirl

I have a collection of pictures of people from San Diego Comicon that I took. Every time I saw a woot shirt I made the person stop and let me take their picture. I always meant to put them on a website somewhere....

bounty42

twinklergirl wrote:I have a collection of pictures of people from San Diego Comicon that I took. Every time I saw a woot shirt I made the person stop and let me take their picture. I always meant to put them on a website somewhere....

Interestingly I've seen 2 woot shirts in the wild, and only tried once to photograph one. It was Shhhhh, and I kid you not, 4 times I shot the bloody picture, and EVERY SINGLE TIME he managed to slip out of shot between pressing the button and the shutter activation.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

richard4339

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richard4339

Ahhh, the smorse code shirt. I really wish you'd bring that back for one of the week long sales Woot. I found it after it'd been reckoned =/

bounty42

richard4339 wrote:Ahhh, the smorse code shirt. I really wish you'd bring that back for one of the week long sales Woot. I found it after it'd been reckoned =/

Saddly, you also missed it when the brought it back.