neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Narfcake wrote:I wouldn't count on it, although I do believe that the numbers will be corrected ... eventually.

I don't recall letting you out. Does this mean you've capitulated?

Also, I wasn't counting on the artists' numbers being correct. I was asking so as to best direct my howling.

edit: j5, if you tell me to direct my howling at the moon... well, you know you don't want to go there! :p

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
neuropsychosocial wrote:I don't recall letting you out. Does this mean you've capitulated?

No, it just means don't leave a spare key so I can easily escape.

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake wrote:No, it just means don't leave a spare key so I can easily escape.

DANG IT. I completely forgot that the key to the lock on the stupid coal chute was hanging right next to the... well, you know. And even Narf, with all his cake-consumption, could easily fit through there.

Just wait, buddy! Next time, you won't get away from me so easily. Unstealthiest Ninja will be mine!!! (Is this the part where I cackle menacingly?)

quabaq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quabaq

There's going to be lots of black (and grey) shirts in the reckoning next week. Come on guys! It's summer!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
quabaq wrote:There's going to be lots of black (and grey) shirts in the reckoning next week. Come on guys! It's summer!

And you need more light colored shirts for the Wet T-shirt contests at the beach?

It's been my understanding that the reason AA Light colors never get used is because they're only slightly thicker than Gauze.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

neuropsychosocial

bounty42 wrote:And you need more light colored shirts for the Wet T-shirt contests at the beach?

Damn straight! I mean, now that Narf escaped, what else would I do with my summer?

I think the white/creme/yellow blanks rarely get used simply because they don't sell very well. Baby blue seems more popular and heather grey is a light color that was used very commonly until woot threw the bathwater out with the baby. [] What did woot replace heather grey with? Slate and silver?

FWIW, I think the heather grey ones are probably the thinnest. I am not willing to participate in a wet shirt contest to compare colors, although I may go feel up some of my shirts now...

bounty42

neuropsychosocial wrote:Damn straight! I mean, now that narf escaped, what else would I do with my summer?

I think the white/creme/yellow blanks rarely get used simply because they don't sell very well. Baby blue seems more popular and heather grey is a light color that was used very commonly until woot threw the bathwater out with the baby. [] What did woot replace heather grey with? Slate and silver?

FWIW, I think the heather grey ones are probably the thinnest. I am not willing to participate in a wet shirt contest to compare colors, although I may go feel up some of my shirts now...

Thinnest shirt I ever owned was a heather grey. Wife hates that one

If I had to rank the current colors in shade I'd go

Black - #000000
Asphalt - #3f3e3c
Cranberry - #6e0a25
Navy - #111c24
Brown - #31261d
Red - #ba0c2f
Royal Blue - #1c4086
Kelly Green - #006136
Olive - #4a4f26
Grass - #5e9444
Slate - #818189
Lemon - #f0e87b
Silver - #cfd1d1
Baby Blue - #8fb8db
Creme - #f2e3cd
White - #ffffff

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

goneferal

quality posts: 19 Private Messages goneferal

Lemon is my favorite AA color.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

PURPLE! Woot needs a nice deep purple shirt. I like orange too, but we really need purple.

07/11/14

nycbrent

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nycbrent
neuropsychosocial wrote:I don't recall letting you out. Does this mean you've capitulated?

There was a Narfcake sighting in northern CA last night, so he wandered far, indeed. But, it was for a good cause (shirt delivery...oh, and family obligations, I guess!).

I hope the sales numbers are fixed soon...and that the numbers geeks will still post statistics (at least occasionally). I fear this lull in data, combined with the ill will regarding the change to Anvil, is going to kill the spirit that this thread has had over the past year-plus...

Narfcake

nycbrent wrote:I hope the sales numbers are fixed soon...and that the numbers geeks will still post statistics (at least occasionally). I fear this lull in data, combined with the ill will regarding the change to Anvil, is going to kill the spirit that this thread has had over the past year-plus...

Wootstaff's indifferent attitudes is killing some of our spirit more than the blanks and the lack of numbers ...

(hugs neuro!)

grahamcrackercoyote

quality posts: 25 Private Messages grahamcrackercoyote
neuropsychosocial wrote:Damn straight! I mean, now that narf escaped, what else would I do with my summer?

Just bought my second Pangaea: Supercontinent shirt due to the fact that, as a baby blue shirt, it will eventually receive a spill some form of sauce on the original copy

neuropsychosocial

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Just bought my second Pangaea: Supercontinent shirt due to the fact that, as a baby blue shirt, it will eventually receive a spill some form of sauce on the original copy

Ah yes, Marinara's Rule, the less-known but equally powerful sibling of Occam's Razor and Murphy's Law.

ljwilke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ljwilke
bounty42 wrote:And you need more light colored shirts for the Wet T-shirt contests at the beach?

It's been my understanding that the reason AA Light colors never get used is because they're only slightly thicker than Gauze.

in addition to the fact that most women don't want everyone they come into contact with to know what color bra they have on that day, there is another reason light colors don't go over as well.

dark colors make things look smaller, light colors make them look bigger. this is why dark colors aren't as popular for painting rooms in your house, but tend to go over well in clothes.

i will say that i would prefer to see less black and asphalt and more cranberry.

neuropsychosocial

Since we're only allowed to talk about the Reckoning in here, I figured I'd continue our ongoing conversation about the Reckoning by picking a side sale shirt for all the Reckoning Regulars, based on what I know of everyone's personality, gender, size, and shirt preferences, without using any of imitation beer shirts. I intend this in good spirits, with much affection for all; if you're insulted by my choice, I apologize (and I'm happy to edit).

Did I forget anyone?

bounty42: Be My Chum
grahamcrackercoyote: Off and Away
citizencoyote: Baha, I Has Nets Too
TheGolux: Liquid Hibiscus
j5: Disapproving Narwhal Unisex "Wife Beater"
loridi: a tank-top version of... oh wait, I can't say it in here
rockymike: The Binge Unisex Tank Top
Mavyn: What Lurks Beneath
bluejester: Sea Chimp
escapecar: CLASSIC Unisex Tank Top
Narfcake: Release the Cuddlin’ Ladies Tank Top
wootbot: all the koozies (wait, does he count as a "regular"?)

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
neuropsychosocial wrote:Since we're only allowed to talk about the Reckoning in here, I figured I'd continue our ongoing conversation about the Reckoning by picking a side sale shirt for all the Reckoning Regulars, based on what I know of everyone's personality, gender, size, and shirt preferences, without using any of imitation beer shirts. I intend this in good spirits, with much affection for all; if you're insulted by my choice, I apologize (and I'm happy to edit).

Did I forget anyone?

j5: Disapproving Narwhal Unisex Tank Top

Neuro, are you unable to pick one for yourself, or is that not allowed?

Also, while I believe you two are possibly on opposite sides of the US and possibly both married, different ages, etc...

I think you and Narf would make a great couple, lol. The friendship you guys have created here over shirts is quite amusing to watch/read.

(I'm also assuming that neuro is a woman because I believe it's been stated as such, but I'm just a frequenter, not a regular here. )

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:j5: Disapproving Narwhal Unisex Tank Top

I do not approve.

I prefer the term "wife beater".

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

grahamcrackercoyote

neuropsychosocial wrote:Since we're only allowed to talk about the Reckoning in here, I figured I'd continue our ongoing conversation about the Reckoning by picking a side sale shirt for all the Reckoning Regulars, based on what I know of everyone's personality, gender, size, and shirt preferences, without using any of imitation beer shirts. I intend this in good spirits, with much affection for all; if you're insulted by my choice, I apologize (and I'm happy to edit).

Did I forget anyone?

Nicely done - that's one I originally bought first day and I think I bought too small

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
neuropsychosocial wrote:

WootBot's is particularly appropriate.

Did I forget anyone?

Sniffle.

That's ok, I'll just go sit in the corner clutching my cracked and dusty crystal ball, reliving past prediction glories.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

Did I forget anyone?

Good guess, but I'm strictly a t-shirt kinda person, but you did nail my favoritism of royal blue blanks.

It's actually a tough call looking through the side sale, but I would have to go with The Ice Cream.

Yeah, so there's that...

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Since we're only allowed to talk about the Reckoning in here, I figured I'd continue our ongoing conversation about the Reckoning by picking a side sale shirt for all the Reckoning Regulars, based on what I know of everyone's personality, gender, size, and shirt preferences, without using any of imitation beer shirts.

I'm amused ... but try the regular t-shirt instead. In WXL. Worn like a skir- ... er, a kilt. I think that'll be the right nec- ... er, waistline size.

Judging by the recent track record ... no.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
Narfcake wrote:
I'm amused ... but try the regular t-shirt instead. In WXL. Worn like a skir- ... er, a kilt. I think that'll be the right nec- ... er, waistline size)

Clever there. It may not be for use as pants...but it sure doesn't say anythin' about using as a kilt!

I would be up for kilt.woot.com! Is there a Scottish* Apparel equivalent?

*Edited post-morning caffeine infusion

Narfcake

45 minutes left until the Wreckoning, and I think I found the numbers!

(Standard disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Some assembly required. Objects in mirror may be smaller than they appear. Do not use while bathing. Side effects may include headaches, nausea, and vomiting.)

j5

bluejester wrote:I would be up for kilt.woot.com! Is there an Irish Apparel equivalent?

*cough*Scottish*cough*

bluejester

j5 wrote:*cough*Scottish*cough*

*Forehead Smack*
I'll fix that.

In my defense, I hadn't had any caffeine when I posted that, and my heritage is Irish, not Scottish. But still...geez. I should make a PSA for need the need to have caffeine as a part of a healthy morning routine.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
bluejester wrote:*Forehead Smack*
I'll fix that.

In my defense, I hadn't had any caffeine when I posted that, and my heritage is Irish, not Scottish. But still...geez. I should make a PSA for need the need to have caffeine as a part of a healthy morning routine.

You are a little needy today.

;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

j5

Mavyn wrote:You are a little needy today.

;)

Why did Betty Crocker divorce the Pillsbury Dough boy?

He was too kneady.

bounty42

I am currently sulking because my fat ass wanted a tank top, but these aren't anywhere near 3XL.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
Narfcake wrote:45 minutes left until the Wreckoning, and I think I found the numbers!

(Standard disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Some assembly required. Objects in mirror may be smaller than they appear. Do not use while bathing. Side effects may include headaches, nausea, and vomiting.)

Both Shirt Woot and all the artists would be making lots of money with these numbers.

But the printer would be working overtime.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Did I forget anyone?

At least none of us are going to be wearing totes. I really want to see Narfcake in his Release the Cuddlin' skirt.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven
bounty42 wrote:I am currently sulking because my fat ass wanted a tank top, but these aren't anywhere near 3XL.

I am feeling your pain. I was hoping, but yet, not surprised, that it stops at a lower size.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

margiecakes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages margiecakes
j5 wrote:*cough*Scottish*cough*

IF IT AIN'T SCOTTISH, IT'S CRRRRAP!!!

Mavyn

neuropsychosocial wrote:

If it didn't have the swimmer at top, I'd buy. The real temptation for me is Si, Turtles.

grahamcrackercoyote

bluejester wrote:Clever there. It may not be for use as pants...but it sure doesn't say anythin' about using as a kilt!

I would be up for kilt.woot.com! Is there a Scottish* Apparel equivalent?

*Edited post-morning caffeine infusion

ScotWeb

bluejester

Mavyn wrote:You are a little needy today.

;)

Alright, from the evidence I'm seeing, this is definitely a 2 liter soda type of day. Yeesh ::eyeroll::

In other news, I hope that a payment for some freelance writing I did comes through before too late tonight. I'm really wanting to snag a "Dark Side of Oz" shirt before it's gone.

citizencoyote

quality posts: 42 Private Messages citizencoyote
bluejester wrote:Alright, from the evidence I'm seeing, this is definitely a 2 liter soda type of day. Yeesh ::eyeroll::

In other news, I hope that a payment for some freelance writing I did comes through before too late tonight. I'm really wanting to snag a "Dark Side of Oz" shirt before it's gone.

#21 and #22 surprised me, I thought they both had a little more nerdmentum going than they actually did. Shows how difficult it is to predict anything without numbers, and I'm starting to suspect the lack thereof is not a beta bug, despite what Joel said earlier. Or maybe it is, but is proving much harder to track down than they thought. Not grabbing the tinfoil just yet.

Mavyn

citizencoyote wrote:#21 and #22 surprised me, I thought they both had a little more nerdmentum going than they actually did. Shows how difficult it is to predict anything without numbers, and I'm starting to suspect the lack thereof is not a beta bug, despite what Joel said earlier. Or maybe it is, but is proving much harder to track down than they thought. Not grabbing the tinfoil just yet.

I don't know how Woot! handles change management, but here is the process that would happen for a similar problem on an application at my work site.

1. Problem is reported.
2. Problem is confirmed.
3. Application manager is notified and puts in a change request.
4. Change request is reviewed by 4 people (at least).
5. Change request is approved.
6. Programmer is notified of the problem.
7. Programmer determines the fix.
8. App manager updates relevant documentation, which is then routed for review.
9. App manager drafts test script.
10. Programmer fixes the problem in development.
11. Documentation is approved.
12. Test script is approved.
13. Test script is executed.
14. Problem is promoted to the production environment.
15. Change management is closed.

Even if each step takes only 2 days (and most of them take far more, at least for my work), you're looking at 28 business days to fix something minor. And that's if there isn't something major that takes higher priority. Those numbers--while nice, while useful--are not a 'core function' of the website. So, from a business stand point, not a high priority to get them back up.

*Disclaimer: this is my opinion only, not saying that Woot! has the same change management process, or that they consider the numbers low priority.

bounty42

Mavyn wrote:I don't know how Woot! handles change management, but here is the process that would happen for a similar problem on an application at my work site.

1. Problem is reported.
2. Problem is confirmed.
3. Application manager is notified and puts in a change request.
4. Change request is reviewed by 4 people (at least).
5. Change request is approved.
6. Programmer is notified of the problem.
7. Programmer determines the fix.
8. App manager updates relevant documentation, which is then routed for review.
9. App manager drafts test script.
10. Programmer fixes the problem in development.
11. Documentation is approved.
12. Test script is approved.
13. Test script is executed.
14. Problem is promoted to the production environment.
15. Change management is closed.

Even if each step takes only 2 days (and most of them take far more, at least for my work), you're looking at 28 business days to fix something minor. And that's if there isn't something major that takes higher priority. Those numbers--while nice, while useful--are not a 'core function' of the website. So, from a business stand point, not a high priority to get them back up.

*Disclaimer: this is my opinion only, not saying that Woot! has the same change management process, or that they consider the numbers low priority.

If Woot was half that thorough in their change management, this never would have happened in the first place. It would have been caught at 4, 8, and possibly 13.

Mavyn

bounty42 wrote:If Woot was half that thorough in their change management, this never would have happened in the first place. It would have been caught at 4, 8, and possibly 13.

You'd be surprised. What I've found is that people review documents for the things that they know are important to them, and overlook the rest. I've had documents that were reviewed by 5 people come back and suddenly I notice a spelling error. *shrugs* With something that's been as big of a change as this, things that are exclusive to Shirt.Woot are more likely to be missed.

neuropsychosocial

renegadetim wrote:Neuro, are you unable to pick one for yourself, or is that not allowed?(I'm also assuming that neuro is a woman because I believe it's been stated as such, but I'm just a frequenter, not a regular here. )

The "fun" was nominating an item for each Reckoning Regular based on what I knew about them, which is obviously rather limited. I could have picked one for myself, but I have full information on myself (sort of) and there's one that's absolutely me, so it wouldn't have been very much fun! If anyone else wants to nominate one for me, I'll game (better be, since I did it to everyone else!). I identify as female, but woot doesn't consider me a "real lady". Narfcake is a good egg and I'm honored by his friendship. It's nice to have a worthy foil in the forums.

j5 wrote:I prefer the term "wife beater".

Duly noted and edited! (When I was picking for you, my thought process was literally, "Hmm, a 'wife beater' for j5. Which one?")

grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Nicely done - that's one I originally bought first day and I think I bought too small

Yay! And boo!

citizencoyote wrote:Sniffle.

Shoot! I had you in mind: I made the list by browsing through this thread and copying-and-pasting usernames into a new post. When I expanded "grahamcra..." into "grahamcrackercoyote," I thought I had you! (I think of GCC as "grahamcracker" and CC as "coyote.") My omission of you was unintentional, but that doesn't make it any less uncool. You are now added to the list!

bounty42 wrote:I am currently sulking because my fat ass wanted a tank top, but these aren't anywhere near 3XL.

If your, um, posterior region wants a tank top, I suggest you combine my suggestion for Narfcake with his method of wearing it. (More seriously, I'm sorry that the tanks aren't being offered in your size. Is the tank you want being offered as a shirt? I think it wouldn't be too hard to adapt a shirt into a tank top; slightly more challenging for a spaghetti strap than a U-shape.)

Mavyn wrote:If it didn't have the swimmer at top, I'd buy. The real temptation for me is Si, Turtles.

I didn't notice the female swimmer at the top of "What Lies Beneath" until I clicked on it to c/p the link as my selection for you. I hesitated and actually went back out to the main sale page to look for something else, but I thought that it fit you so well that I'd link it anyway. Except for the weird/creepy lady at the top, it's an incredible composition; I'd not seen it before.

bluejester wrote:Alright, from the evidence I'm seeing, this is definitely a 2 liter soda type of day. Yeesh ::eyeroll::

I've consumed so much soda today that I have this awful stomach ache. I see your 2 liter day and raise my sympathy!