VMJCouch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VMJCouch
slacker44 wrote:
Back to the topic at hand...nice shirt. Read the books, there's still two more to come!

Two more? HBO has only done two and I just finished book 5 and we're all waiting on Martin to finish book 6...

VMJC

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
VMJCouch wrote:But no Kraken... no love for the Ironmen?

Pretenders to the throne.

ste7enl

VMJCouch wrote:Two more? HBO has only done two and I just finished book 5 and we're all waiting on Martin to finish book 6...

and the next book is split in 2 seasons

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
VMJCouch wrote:Two more? HBO has only done two and I just finished book 5 and we're all waiting on Martin to finish book 6...

Books six and seven are supposedly titled "The Winds of Winter" and "A Dream of Spring" respectively.

polkastria

quality posts: 6 Private Messages polkastria

Beautiful shirt design and my husband likes the show so I picked one up for him. Unless something goes wrong, it should be here before his birthday on June 20th.

Love the details with the cards... what I wouldn't give for a Dresden Files shirt of similar quality...Hint hint.

largespiders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages largespiders
JenDupre wrote:Excellent! Springing for the overnight so I can wear it at the season finale!

Good luck with that. I bought overnight for a shirt on the 22nd and it still hasn't even shipped and it's the 30th. I even sent an email and they were pretty much like, "We'll ship soon, maybe?"

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
largespiders wrote:Good luck with that. I bought overnight for a shirt on the 22nd and it still hasn't even shipped and it's the 30th. I even sent an email and they were pretty much like, "We'll ship soon, maybe?"

Was it a shirt from the "Around the World" side sale? Side sale shirts don't print until the sale is over; the shirts from "Around the World" are scheduled to ship today, so if you're referring to a shirt from that side sale, you should receive it tomorrow.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

annieflies

quality posts: 12 Private Messages annieflies

Why isn't there a link to a closeup view of the ENTIRE shirt anymore??? or at least a zoom function?? I want to see the details tybm.

oops, pardon me, i wooted

ste7enl

annieflies wrote:Why isn't there a link to a closeup view of the ENTIRE shirt anymore??? or at least a zoom function?? I want to see the details tybm.

Here: http://juxtapop.tumblr.com/ its the top piece, that should help for now

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Impressive design!!! I can guess you had a lot of fun with this. And the result is spectacular. I think not only the game of thrones fans should appreciate this, also the rest of the people, cause it's a great piece of artwork!

gwenleif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwenleif
fatdragon wrote:Am I the only one who is interested but ultimately gonna pass because it's a TV show reference and not just a cool reimagining of a deck of cards?

It's a book reference first, man. Books > show

What's that powder clinging to your credit card? Oh wait, this is capitalism.

lafiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lafiel

Really lovely design, I've been looking for a GOT shirt for some time, which is to my surprise since I'm not a fan of walking advertising. I haven't seen anything that caught my attention in any other official or unofficial shirts... until this one!

ste7enl

thanks so much everyone, the comments have been a delight

fatdragon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fatdragon
gwenleif wrote:It's a book reference first, man. Books > show

It's both. And a video game, for that matter. I originally typed "pop culture", but decided to switch it over because most people know it from the TV show (I didn't even know there was a book series until I saw this thread).

As far as the books > show statement, when you've got the same story told in multiple media, most people typically consider the medium through which they first experience the story superior.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First sales posting -
Last Wooter to Woot: pszajna
Last Purchase Time: 4:59 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 32.881s
Woots Sold: 2625

Second sales posting -
Last Wooter to Woot: pszajna
Last Purchase Time: 4:59 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 1m 5.995s
Woots Sold: 1308

Third sales posting -
Last Wooter to Woot: chuckl163
Last Purchase Time: 5:04 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 1m 6.115s
Woots Sold: 1309

First day sales appear to be - 1308

Next day sales up right away. Great news for all!

Next can we get the time and numbers fixed?

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

BTW -
Since when has central time = Reykjavik time?

Is this a tribute to The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson?

Balls!

cruelnv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cruelnv
fatdragon wrote:
As far as the books > show statement, when you've got the same story told in multiple media, most people typically consider the medium through which they first experience the story superior.

This is one series that I'm fairly certain anyone who reads the books after watching the show (I have a couple friends that started after the first season) will find the books much deeper with a much better story.

Unfortunately, with everything that's been going on in the books (and I'm only on the fourth book), I don't see any way that they could reach the same level in the show doing one season per book.

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other user(s). Please keep in mind that these are only opinions and should not be inherently considered as factual statements. Thank you.

ste7enl

gwenleif wrote:It's a book reference first, man. Books > show

To be fair, I've never read the books. Didn't know about them until the show started, then I didn't want to spoil the show. I can read 1000 pages in a day or two, but the show keeps me enthralled for months.

tedzilla99

quality posts: 31 Private Messages tedzilla99
annieflies wrote:Why isn't there a link to a closeup view of the ENTIRE shirt anymore??? or at least a zoom function?? I want to see the details tybm.

I do like the new design but not being able to click the image for larger view is a huge miss.

merritt77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merritt77
Stark wrote:It's pretty vague for a Game of Thrones reference. Yes, those are four Houses, but there's a fifth king, and I would caution against angering the Kraken.

I don't know if there's some attempted symbolism that I'm not getting here or not. Granted, not a whole lot of time has been spent on the different standards, but the Dragon has three heads, not six. Why is the stag holding an axe?

HBO may be expensive guys, but you know what's less expensive? Reading the books.

Also, the books are indescribably better.

pretywtch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pretywtch

Does anyone know if woot changed shirt brands? I got this shirt today, and it looks suspiciously like a men's shirt to me. Completely shapeless and the sleeves reach my elbows. I look like I'm wearing my big brother's shirt, which is inappropriate as I don't have a big brother and even if I did, I ordered a women's shirt.

Also, the gold designs are red at the bottom, and the silver designs are almost black, which I didn't expect from the preview on the site. Just to let y'all know what to expect.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

pretywtch wrote:Does anyone know if woot changed shirt brands? I got this shirt today, and it looks suspiciously like a men's shirt to me. Completely shapeless and the sleeves reach my elbows. I look like I'm wearing my big brother's shirt, which is inappropriate as I don't have a big brother and even if I did, I ordered a women's shirt.

Also, the gold designs are red at the bottom, and the silver designs are almost black, which I didn't expect from the preview on the site. Just to let y'all know what to expect.

Hi there! I'm sorry that you're having problems with your order.
Woot did indeed change shirt suppliers a few months ago (the forums are full of threads about the switch; I'd link you but I'm on my phone right now so it'd be a little complicated), so you did receive the correct size.
As to colour/print issues, I'd advise you to take a few pictures and send an email with your order number and a description of your issue to service@woot.com. Send the photos hosted and linked, because the email'll bounce off the woot servers and into the net abyss if sent with attachments.

tiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
goldenthorn wrote:Hi there! I'm sorry that you're having problems with your order.
Woot did indeed change shirt suppliers a few months ago (the forums are full of threads about the switch; I'd link you but I'm on my phone right now so it'd be a little complicated), so you did receive the correct size.
As to colour/print issues, I'd advise you to take a few pictures and send an email with your order number and a description of your issue to service@woot.com. Send the photos hosted and linked, because the email'll bounce off the woot servers and into the net abyss if sent with attachments.

I got my shirt today and the stag looks extremely blurry. The wolf is only slightly blurry. I'm not sure if this is a result of the design or if I got a poorly printed shirt. The lion and dragon are nice and crisp. Has anyone else had this issue?

ste7enl

tiar wrote:I got my shirt today and the stag looks extremely blurry. The wolf is only slightly blurry. I'm not sure if this is a result of the design or if I got a poorly printed shirt. The lion and dragon are nice and crisp. Has anyone else had this issue?

I had the issue with 1 of my 3 shirts (men's large was nearly perfect, and women's large was perfect, while men's medium was blurry), and it seems to be the result of alignment issues with the under-print on the silver, and what appears to be a lack of an under-print with the gold.

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
tiar wrote:I got my shirt today and the stag looks extremely blurry. The wolf is only slightly blurry. I'm not sure if this is a result of the design or if I got a poorly printed shirt. The lion and dragon are nice and crisp. Has anyone else had this issue?

ste7enl wrote:I had the issue with 1 of my 3 shirts (men's large was nearly perfect, and women's large was perfect, while men's medium was blurry), and it seems to be the result of alignment issues with the under-print on the silver, and what appears to be a lack of an under-print with the gold.

Oh no! Send a picture or two of your shirts to service@woot.com. We'll make it better.

tiar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiar
tman2088 wrote:Oh no! Send a picture or two of your shirts to service@woot.com. We'll make it better.

Thanks! email sent with photobucket links.

honkngoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honkngoose

I'm glad you said that Tiar. I had the same problem but thought it was supposed to be like that for some reason as it was the first shirt I bought off woot. Sending pictures now.

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone
tman2088 wrote:Oh no! Send a picture or two of your shirts to service@woot.com. We'll make it better.

I emailed service@woot.com a couple of weeks ago because I was concerned my shirt might suffer from the same blurry fate. I have not heard anything since that initial email though. Has anyone received said email or do I need to try again?

Thanks

nancemitch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nancemitch

Tried ordering this rad shirt a million times and was denied every time. And then it went from 15 to 18. I'm new to the whole Woot world and I hope I'm not doing it wrong or anything. Would've really liked to get my hands on that shirt...

Nitetigrezz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nitetigrezz

I've been looking for a GoT shirt I could cling to. The other ones are great, but don't have nearly the subtlety and symbolism of this one.

Definitely added to my wishlist.

~ First ever Book of Cheats ~ 7/11/2014 ~ 104.9/2000