Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake

If the numbers can be trusted, debut day: 272, all on imported Anvil blanks.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Last Wooter to Woot: pveyer
Last Purchase Time: 4:57 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 5m 16.771s
Woots Sold: 272

Still on Reykjavik time, sales past first day are open... Not going to wait to post first day sales....

First days sales - 272

colinlepper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinlepper

Hmmm im curious as to why the woot number on this page is totally different than the sales stats page?

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
colinlepper wrote:Hmmm im curious as to why the woot number on this page is totally different than the sales stats page?

Likely answer: because woot messed everything up with the redesign and can't distinguish their feet from their, um, posterior.

What are you seeing? That might give us a chance to try to help you figure out what's going on, although my "likely answer" is, unfortunately, quite likely the answer.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

colinlepper

neuropsychosocial wrote:Likely answer: because woot messed everything up with the redesign and can't distinguish their feet from their, um, posterior.

What are you seeing? That might give us a chance to try to help you figure out what's going on, although my "likely answer" is, unfortunately, quite likely the answer.

The sales page put my first day sales at around 540ish

edit: It seems like for some reason the woots displayed have been about half the actual sales, I remember reading elsewhere that this happened earlier in the week to another designer.

neuropsychosocial

colinlepper wrote:The sales page put my first day sales at around 540ish

edit: It seems like for some reason the woots displayed have been about half the actual sales, I remember reading elsewhere that this happened earlier in the week to another designer.

Ochopika is reporting that the first day sales figure listed publicly for "Free to Go" was also wildly inaccurate by about 50%, as you're reporting. Ochopika also notes that the artists' sales link is resetting first day sales so they can't be tracked after the first day. Can you confirm if you're seeing the same thing? (I'm sticking around just to bleat and I want to make sure that I have the largest quantity of accurate bleatable information to bleat most accurately and loudly.)

Tjost realized that his sales figures were appearing to go down because the new artists' page moves shirts between sold/packaged/shipped categories, so they all need to be added to get the total sales - although it's not clear that those totals are remotely accurate either. I wonder if that would account for part of what you're seeing?

WOOOOOOOOOT! FIX IT.

The artists deserve to be able to track their sales accurately and exactly. They should not need to be at their computer at midnight on the first day of sales in order to know how many shirts sold on the first day. If they don't know that figure, it would be awfully easy to jigger their commissions by a few dollars here and there, wouldn't it? That can't possibly be your motivation for making the artists' ability to track their sales less transparent, right?

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

neuropsychosocial wrote:That can't possibly be your motivation for making the artists' ability to track their sales less transparent, right?[/b]

I'm sure that's not the case. Once the shirt is reckoned and all the orders are processed then I'll be able to know an exact sales number. I just said "approximately" because there were some "denied" orders on the sales sheet. I couldn't tell which of those were from the first day and which were from today so I couldn't get an exact first day number, if that makes sense.

colinlepper

neuropsychosocial wrote:Ochopika is reporting that the first day sales figure listed publicly for "Free to Go" was also wildly inaccurate by about 50%, as you're reporting. Ochopika also notes that the artists' sales link is resetting first day sales so they can't be tracked after the first day. Can you confirm if you're seeing the same thing? (I'm sticking around just to bleat and I want to make sure that I have the largest quantity of accurate bleatable information to bleat most accurately and loudly.)

Tjost realized that his sales figures were appearing to go down because the new artists' page moves shirts between sold/packaged/shipped categories, so they all need to be added to get the total sales - although it's not clear that those totals are remotely accurate either. I wonder if that would account for part of what you're seeing?

WOOOOOOOOOT! FIX IT.

The artists deserve to be able to track their sales accurately and exactly. They should not need to be at their computer at midnight on the first day of sales in order to know how many shirts sold on the first day. If they don't know that figure, it would be awfully easy to jigger their commissions by a few dollars here and there, wouldn't it? That can't possibly be your motivation for making the artists' ability to track their sales less transparent, right?

Ok hopefully this will answer all your questions, on my sales page, there is no clear number as to how many sold on the first day, ALTHOUGH, the sales count at the top of the page reset after the first day,so I do know clearly how many shirts have been sold that I will make a commission on. The sales page provides a number for committed , denied, and shipped sales, so by adding the committed and the shipped, I know how many total shirts have been sold, and by subtracting my current total at the top of the page that I mentioned, I can find out how many sold on the first day.

For example, if my commited+shipped numbers add up to 500, and my current order total is 20 of 20000, I know I sold 480 on the first day since 500-20=480.

This is my first print so I don't know how anything has changed. It's not the clearest but I'm quite confident that all the information is there, just have to throw in some basic math thats all ;)

However I don't know why my woot number is so different in this thread, makes my bad sales look WAY worse =(

neuropsychosocial

colinlepper wrote:However I don't know why my woot number is so different in this thread, makes my bad sales look WAY worse =(

Now that I have an answer for:

neuropsychosocial wrote:Likely answer: because woot messed everything up with the redesign and can't distinguish their feet from their, um, posterior.

We're not actually kidding about that; let me know if you want some more information about what the sales figures looked like a week ago (pre-website redesign; we've been promised that set-up back, but it hasn't been implemented yet) and what we did with the sales numbers over on the Reckoning thread. It looks like you have accurate sales information, even if it requires a bit more deduction than it should. If you'd like more of an introduction to selling at woot or how Reckoning standings are calculated, etc., I'm sure we can round someone up; just let us know.

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

Got mine in the mail today and love it :-D

alsheyran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alsheyran

I want one please PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!