takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
Re: The same thing we do every night

Love the concept and design, except for a minor quibble. The rust stains are going to just look like stains. Kudos for being realistic, but your success means the shirt will look perpetually dirty.

nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed
expo01 wrote:This is great nicebleed. +1

thanks expo!

zwartepaard

quality posts: 5 Private Messages zwartepaard
lalouque wrote:Should that be centered over the belly button?

I think it's an "I've got a black hole where my heart should be" sort of thing.

Incredibly well done with the halftoning

misterpeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misterpeach
dontwantaname wrote:All my rats loved to ride in that type of pocket!
Head sticking out one end, tail out the other!

Seems like a cozy place indeed! Thanks for the comment- usually don't get many!

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Dimentional Leak

I do look forward to seeing where you take this, it definitely is a top notch design and I'm really pining for it. So if you ever get it up somewhere, let us know!

Much love for the bloby rainbow dimension escapees.

ensmind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ensmind
paigeg wrote:BAD dog! I iove the expression on his face. The fact that his ears are forward instead of back bugs me a little, but otherwise, love the idea and the execution.

Lol! You have no idea... My Dog is the inspiration for this... But ur right forward momentum would in fact lend his ears to be tucked back especially bursting through boards... Appreciate the vote and the feedback...

korrltd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages korrltd
Re: Open Yourself

want

heatherlouwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heatherlouwho
Re: Cat Carrier

Not sure about "Tromp-L'oeil," but that is pretty darn hilarious! I would buy one for every "Schnookums" owner I know!

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: Contents Under Pressure

If you've got a big belly it'll really look 3D.

verystarry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages verystarry
Re: Ink...well...HEY!

I see it... The ink is the squid. The squid is the ink. The inkwell fell over and the squid is sneaking away. It's adorable!

krouth

Re: Preparing The Night

Awesome design! Voted.

krouth

Re: Subterranean Homesick Blues

Wow. Great design! +1

oscaroni

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oscaroni
Re: Cat Carrier

This is one of the funniest shirts I've seen in eons! I sent it to my coworker and they can't wait to see me in it - thus it better win!
♥♥♥ it!!

pquijal

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pquijal
Re: I'm Getting' Off This Ship!

Shoulda used troll face on stick man... :7

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: unspeakable greetings

He's so fluffy I wanna die!

ensmind

gwenleif wrote:I hate to sound foolish, but I totally don't get it, man.

That's funny...

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
wolfgaidin wrote:Can we not expect everyone to be held to the same standard of on and off-topic? I mean, I own lots of RamyB shirts, so I like the guys art, but if it's not on-topic, then it should be rejected like everyone else's that's off-topic. It's not even being mean, it's simply the rules of the Derby.

You're kidding me, right? This is fogging? The above comment and the others pointing out the flaws in this shirt are dead on, and yet it is STILL fogging. This is proof to me that the artists worth anything need to just leave woot and go elsewhere because this site is just not worth it.

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Re: Birdhouse

It really looks 3 dimensional! I thought it was a photo at first glance. +1!

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay
Re: Kitty Carrier

Extremely cute :D. I love it!

dijay

Re: The Green Door

Awesome work!

dijay

Re: Dimentional Leak

Great!!!

dijay

Re: The Origami Battle (un)folds

Brilliant! Amazing work :D

dijay

Re: Window to past

Thanks everyone!!!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Take This

officeink wrote:The sword is definitely Trompe-l'œil! The entire image doesn't have to be,in fact most peoples designs aren't entirely that one perspective.

Yes it does. The fact the Rejectionator hasn't shown up for 4 days, and most people aren't on topic, doesn't mean the topic isn't here or shouldn't apply. It's like saying beating someone with a stick is ok, because you only hit them in the stomache, and other people were using tire irons.

mrwednesday wrote:I agree that the flames detract from the perspective you gained with the sword. My other issue is that though it's a cool looking design, I don't see any parody here that would make this fair use.

I'm not up on how much of the imagery from the game is trademarked, but I think the elements that are visible in the image may not be sufficient grounds for a challenge. It looks as much like an 80s metal album cover as a piece of Zelda art.

trulyepic wrote:Just use your imagination
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1w7vwPgAp1qztwte.gif

I'm assuming this is talking about the comments about the non Trompe-l'œil nature of the flames. You can't see it but I'm giving you the stink-eye. That's the single most trollish thing I've read today.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

ensmind

Re: Realistic Line

This is wonderful... yet very close to not passing because it does not appear "3D" - However the simplicity is perfect and although it is not something I would personally wear I appreciate the concept, the cuteness and the execution... For that reason alone it has my vote... Nice Job!

terrariageek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrariageek
Re: unspeakable greetings

This is so awesome. If this was chosen, I would be the first to buy one.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Eww! What's That?

This really pops!

integrar0064

quality posts: 1 Private Messages integrar0064
takethemeatbridge wrote:Love the concept and design, except for a minor quibble. The rust stains are going to just look like stains. Kudos for being realistic, but your success means the shirt will look perpetually dirty.

On the flipside, when I accidentally get chocolate on it, people will think it's just more drawn in rust stains that are supposed to be there ;)

I like it

jenivy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenivy
Mavyn wrote:I keep seeing it as an eye...

You see "eye"... I see "third nipple".

marvelman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marvelman
xbakax wrote:Would be nice if it was a glow in the dark shirt! :]

AGREED!

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
Re: Bad Temper

Beyond all the comments about the realism of the design, I'm amazed to see how fast it made its way to the fog.

trulyepic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trulyepic
mrchia wrote:THIS! This is awesome, and reminds me of the first time I played the original.

Thanks alot. I was trying to get that feel

trulyepic

noxandpy wrote:This is absolutely STUNNING work! The perspective on the sword is right on the nose.

Thanks for liking my submission

trulyepic

officeink wrote:The sword is definitely Trompe-l'œil! The entire image doesn't have to be,in fact most peoples designs aren't entirely that one perspective.

Thank You

trulyepic

omarfeliciano wrote:Epic

Thanks.

trulyepic

samuraiexx wrote:Awesome

Thanks dude.

gement

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gement
Re: inked

This is brilliant. Voted.

On a purely technical note, any shirt design that puts important elements that close to the bottom will only show properly if the shirt is worn untucked. You might consider moving anything crucial up to the halfway point on the shirt. There will still be people whose huge... tracts of land will obscure the design, but you'll get the patronage of people who wear tees tucked in, which is an awful lot of us.

trulyepic

bounty42 wrote:I'm assuming this is talking about the comments about the non Trompe-l'œil nature of the flames. You can't see it but I'm giving you the stink-eye. That's the single most trollish thing I've read today.

I'm afraid your assumption was mistaken. I was referring to the comment about fair use. The flame is clearly graphic and not realistic, that much is obvious. The matter of it being fair use on the other hand is open for debate. A use of ones imagination to see potential parodies or mashups is essential as you demonstrated by comparing it to an 80's metal album cover. I did not mean to be "trollish," only slightly humorous. Humor is a subjective thing it seems, so I will apologize for my attempt.

Good Day to you sir.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Birdhouse

Very nice bird design! GMV!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
Re: Bad Temper

Hmmm... I really like the dragon's expression: it looks just like Diva Dog when she doesn't get her way. However, I agree with previous comments that this doesn't demonstrate trompe-l'oeil style. So I hope this prints somewhere, at some point, but I can't vote for it in this Derby. (Ramy, it is super-cute in all the right ways.)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)