Re: Feather Pen and Friend

Brilliant! I want to buy it!

MKBart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MKBart
Re: Dog House Breakout!

Great! I love it!!!

sherrybitt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sherrybitt

I love this! I am also a big fan of Escher art!!!!

ellerythecelery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ellerythecelery
Re: Glass of Science

This is beautiful! The design has so much motion to it. It deserves more votes -- I would definitely wear it!

fourlane77

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fourlane77
misterpeach wrote:Seems like a cozy place indeed! Thanks for the comment- usually don't get many!

i know this is a kangaroo and everything, but had you pimped out a cartoon mouse and put him in there you could have called it "hood rat"...

+1

vote. vote. vote. vote. vote. vote.

jamieduck23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamieduck23

I likes it

Re: El Zorro

misterpeach

quality posts: 1 Private Messages misterpeach
fourlane77 wrote:i know this is a kangaroo and everything, but had you pimped out a cartoon mouse and put him in there you could have called it "hood rat"...

+1

Lol- nice!

jgredler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgredler

This makes me think of Riven and the Star Fissure.

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
glorinmann wrote:Beyond all the comments about the realism of the design, I'm amazed to see how fast it made its way to the fog.

You mean LACK of realism of the design... *grumble*

klmwb7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages klmwb7
Re: Have a Heart

This design was created via Chinese brush painting or with Sumi ink. Let me know what you think!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thatquietgir1

viridiancat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viridiancat
Re: Window to past

Awwww, this is so adorable! GMV

viridiancat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viridiancat
Re: 4 Monkeys and One Legend

LOL, almost missed Goku! Really cute.

aliciabear78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliciabear78
Re: Bad Temper

It may not have dimension put into it but it has the concept you know. I guess I see it differently I just dont see the point about being picky about how realistic it looks. It may look 2d but the concept of dimension is still there. Its just like the hobbit door shirt that looks 2d but concepts still there. I dont see why it has to look realistic.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
aliciabear78 wrote:...Does it not matter that it looks cooler this way. I mean kitty carrier has no dimension to it either and that obviously is popular cause of a stupid movie. I like the originality of this. Can we no longer appreciate something without complaining about how its not realistic?

I think kitty carrier is a stupid idea too, but it was executed better. This is a no effort shirt making it to the fog based on the cutesy baby charizardish design. And don't think that there isn't a poekemon hint to it here.

lecapitan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lecapitan
Re: Plumber's Problem

If Mario wasn't there you'd have yourself a vote.

rasabi

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rasabi
shikausstan wrote:I don't want to be rude, because you have already done a great job at that, but because I had a similar idea doesn't mean I stole it. I imagine we started working on this around the same time. Now I agree his may look better but he only posted his design to woot a few minutes before mine and mine doesn't even use the same patterns. Thank you for trying to make me feel bad.

Hey there. Not that I really need too, but just wanted to state for the record that I'm sure it was coincidental. When I thought of it, it was one of those "man, I'm surprised no one has done this before" kind of deals, so yeah, I'm not surprised at all that we had similar ideas.

I'm still a little nervous my halftones will be a bit much for woot >.> <.< Anyway, was just hoping to clear that up so no undue grief comes your way.

suzer22

quality posts: 2 Private Messages suzer22
tarmawolf wrote:I don't... really understand why this is fogging? The derby is supposed to be for super realistic artwork that makes it look like a three-dimensional design. Not seeing the realism or the 3D here, just some shading and pencil outlines.

But it looks real to the birds! That's what makes this shirt so charming!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
aliciabear78 wrote:It may not have dimension put into it but it has the concept you know. I guess I see it differently I just dont see the point about being picky about how realistic it looks. It may look 2d but the concept of dimension is still there. Its just like the hobbit door shirt that looks 2d but concepts still there. I dont see why it has to look realistic.

I'm guessing that you're neither an English major nor an art history major, but the concern expressed by previous posters had little to do with its "realism" and much to do with its tangentiality to the assigned style for the Derby; trompe-l'oeil is not merely about dimension.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

obviousspy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obviousspy
Re: Preparing The Night

Reminds me of this design from a previous derby. http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/53591/red-sky-at-night-sailors-delight I thought it was the same artist until I looked it up.

cwells100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwells100

starsweet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages starsweet
Re: Realistic Line

To me this reminds me of Le Petite Prince, which if you haven't read you really should. Don't be fooled by the fact that it has pictures, the morals are good for adults.

The little prince explains the world to adults the way a child sees them, and has a much more profound outlook on life than any adult represented.

I think this shirt is fantastic, very nice interpretation!

tippypaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws
Re: Contents Under Pressure

This would look awesome on a pregnant woman. Baby? Nope, just sharks!

horsetrainer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages horsetrainer
Re: Mom! I think I'm gonna be late for school!

I am rather surprised this does not have more votes. imo it is clever and well done, yet i wouldn't get one as it is too dark/creepy. Maybe if it had been, i don't know, a mouse or snake family?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
idealli7 wrote:THANK YOU YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT...I M NEW AT THIS AND U HAD NO IDEA HOW IT WILL LOOK IN THE COMPUTER...THE NEXT ONE WILL BE BETTER HOPEFULLY...
BYE THE WAY..I DID TRY TO USE THE TEMPLATE WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS...HOW DO I USE IT?

You pretty much just fill the tee with your chosen shirt color, then copy/paste your design onto a new layer and resize/adjust the positioning until you like it. Then flatten and resize for the comp and detail images (but AFTER your orignal design is good and saved!). Make sure to save each separately and don't overwrite the template, or you'll have to download it again.

horsetrainer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages horsetrainer
jenivy wrote:You see "eye"... I see "third nipple".

Got therapy?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: inked

Excellent. And this is a bit of a step away from your usual montage style. Way to change it up!

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
autsey wrote:I respectfully disagree. I thought it used a clever reference and shows what's beneath the surface. It's cute and on topic.

Do you know what Trompe-l'oeil is? I'll just paste the Wikipedia definition here for you, which will hopefully illustrate why this entry, and so many others, are off-topic and should be rejected. I've bolded the pertinent information:

Trompe-l'œil, which can also be spelled without the hyphen in English as trompe l'oeil,[1] (French for deceive the eye, pronounced [tʁɔ̃p lœj]) is an art technique involving extremely realistic imagery in order to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects appear in three dimensions.

Perhaps now you see why any 2D drawings are quite obviously off-topic.

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
Re: Happy Burstday

Took me a second, but pretty funny! Should get more votes I think

justinsarahjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinsarahjo
Re: Telltale Heart

I like the picture, but I'm not feeling how it fades into the rest of the shirt.

wrj325

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrj325
rawrlers wrote:Hobbit Hole!

Official DotLL Shirt?

samboambo2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samboambo2

This is an awesome shirt. Funny, well drawn. I would want one.

Re: Sad Breakfast...

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
Re: El Zorro

No offense to the designer, but this is not the best use of the theme... Hate to see this getting more votes than designs that are more on theme and more creative.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Star Powered

Thanks so much for your comment. I really do like your design. I feel like it captured the under the shirt effect a lot better.

Oxyminoan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oxyminoan
Re: Star Powered

Logged in for the first time in months to shoot you a vote.

Great design. I'm in for multiples if it prints.

rmpletcher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmpletcher

+1 from the saw

idealli7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idealli7
paigeg wrote:You pretty much just fill the tee with your chosen shirt color, then copy/paste your design onto a new layer and resize/adjust the positioning until you like it. Then flatten and resize for the comp and detail images (but AFTER your orignal design is good and saved!). Make sure to save each separately and don't overwrite the template, or you'll have to download it again.

thanks

talkaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talkaze
Re: Have a Heart

Looks like a great pic...but I think it's a little creepy in a wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve kinda way.

amroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amroyo
tarmawolf wrote:I don't... really understand why this is fogging? The derby is supposed to be for super realistic artwork that makes it look like a three-dimensional design. Not seeing the realism or the 3D here, just some shading and pencil outlines.

It is trompe l'oeil in the simplest form. It is a girl drawing on the ground w/chalk but because of the perspective of the drawing it looks like the line is in mid air.

Everyone is getting hung up on realism & 3D but I think they forget that it can be a simple trick of the eye to make you perceive something differently.

I love the story of this shirt. A little girl accomplished this with just white chalk - imagine the artist she'll be when she gets older.

adropofbeauty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adropofbeauty
Re: Birdhouse

This reminds me of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfmNQbcucw