chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Birdhouse

As a nature "freak," I love that you put it over the heart

darimini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darimini

I think this is unbelievably cute... I'm so annoyed it's not in the Fog of War!

Narfcake

quality posts: 280 Private Messages Narfcake
Re: The same thing we do every night

GMV, of course. Pinky is the genius, BTW. The Brain is the insane one.

Adam7986

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Adam7986
Re: Dimentional Leak

I know I said this, but seriously, how is this not in the fog? Is woot! just animal lovers or some crap? This is is going down as another failure by woot for not immediately declaring you the winner.

BrotherTungsten

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrotherTungsten

Oh, so Erich Zahn was hearing Pink Floyd. That explains a lot!

lonelypond

quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Subterranean Homesick Blues

Rooting for this one. Excellent executed + bonus robot. So many stories it could be the start of...

lonelypond

Re: Star Powered

nicely done

lonelypond

Re: The Cover-up

like the colors

aliciabear78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliciabear78
neuropsychosocial wrote:I'm guessing that you're neither an English major nor an art history major, but the concern expressed by previous posters had little to do with its "realism" and much to do with its tangentiality to the assigned style for the Derby; trompe-l'oeil is not merely about dimension.

Lol I guess what it really comes down to is whose going to buy the shirt, right? I think the derby is a cool idea and all but why have a design win if it's not going to be bought?

aliciabear78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliciabear78
aliciabear78 wrote:Lol I guess what it really comes down to is whose going to buy the shirt, right? I think the derby is a cool idea and all but why have a design win if it's not going to be bought?

This seems like too big of a debate for voting which shirt design you want anyways...

thewronggrape

quality posts: 48 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Lost At Sea

The water really does look like it's flowing out at me. Awesome job!

thewronggrape

Re: Birdhouse

Wow this is scary real (and awesome) looking.

thewronggrape

obviousspy wrote:Reminds me of this design from a previous derby. http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/53591/red-sky-at-night-sailors-delight I thought it was the same artist until I looked it up.

This basic concept is an artist favorite and I see it on tons of things. With this entry and the one you linked to, both artists did a great job with their own interpretations and I wouldn't think they were the same person at all.

I personally find cmdixon2's style to be very unique and instantly recognizable (I own several of his prints).

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01
grahamcrackercoyote wrote:Space Sperm????

My first thoughts as well.

aross6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aross6
Re: Prisoner Zero Has Escaped!

This shirt needs to be made. And I NEED to buy it. STAT.

It really helps that this is a pay week. ;0)

I wish I could vote multiple times.

oogod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oogod
kharmazero wrote:3 colors on black

Very nice. How can we order as a t-shirt?

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces
Re: El Zorro

I love it!

gina3graces

quality posts: 38 Private Messages gina3graces

I would buy THREE!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Senzu: Energy Bean

Is the rejectionator not feeling well this week? This and that sushi-shoe thing should have been stamped immediately. Huh.

tarmawolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tarmawolf
tippypaws wrote:This would look awesome on a pregnant woman. Baby? Nope, just sharks!

HAH!!! I love that!!

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
Re: Subterranean Homesick Blues

I personally think out of the top-voted tees your design most accurately and fully does justice to the '3d' effect designated for this derby, congrats and good luck!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
paigeg wrote:Is the rejectionator not feeling well this week? This and that sushi-shoe thing should have been stamped immediately. Huh.

Why reject when the probability of printing is 0?

move along

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
collinvh wrote:Hope you enjoy this entry. Please vote.

t's a neat shirt, but the bird-watcher in me can't identify this bird, and it's driving me nuts. Is it supposed to be a real one, or is it an artistic design of your own making? It almost seems like a woodpecker (certainly has the big three colors down), but I don't recognize the patterns.

celestereese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celestereese

Nice, but why not make it a real bird species?

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
Re: Ninjabot

I Like it but I think the "upper" leg looks awfully large compared to the head if the head is supposed to be closer to me.

redjack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redjack

The graphic would be better on the back.

Re: The End

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
vcalahan wrote:Love this!

Thanks Victor!

expo01

Re: Preparing The Night

Many thanks to all for your support voting. (o;

expo01

Re: Dimentional Leak

Thanks all for your votes and comments!!

drossb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drossb
lyonscc wrote:Hopefully folks will get the joke...

??? 'splain please

autsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages autsey
wolfgaidin wrote:Do you know what Trompe-l'oeil is? I'll just paste the Wikipedia definition here for you, which will hopefully illustrate why this entry, and so many others, are off-topic and should be rejected. I've bolded the pertinent information:

Trompe-l'œil, which can also be spelled without the hyphen in English as trompe l'oeil,[1] (French for deceive the eye, pronounced [tʁɔ̃p lœj]) is an art technique involving extremely realistic imagery in order to create the optical illusion that the depicted objects appear in three dimensions.

Perhaps now you see why any 2D drawings are quite obviously off-topic.

I do know what it is, but I appreciate that you're trying to be educational.I think Derbies allow a lot of room for interpretation and creative expression- I enjoyed the challenge brought by this week's theme and the neat ideas people come up with! I am glad that we could have a civilized discussion about it. Back to this awesome shirt, I hope that this shirt gets resubmitted or printed as a daily!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
gina3graces wrote:I would buy THREE!

But would you say "Look how realistic the fox looks? Doesn't it look like it's jumping out of my shirt?"

Or

"I feel like such a anxious one, I left my shirt over the back of the chair last night, and when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night I saw it and thought there was a fox in my bedroom."

I'm not saying "this is a bad shirt" this is an AWESOME SHIRT. It proves, once more, that there's a reason RamyB could sell t-shirts to eskimos. But I will say "OFF TOPIC." because it's also that, and they're not mutually exclusive.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

autsey wrote:I think Derbies allow a lot of room for interpretation and creative expression- I enjoyed the challenge brought by this week's theme and the neat ideas people come up with!

I personally didn't find this particular shirt to be an interpretation or creative expression on the theme. It's FLAT, it's not even shaded. yes it has an 'x-ray' but even that is FLAT and not shaded. I think these 3 are better examples of interpretation or creative expression on the theme:

None of them are themselves Trompe-l'œil, but are Trompe-l'œil concepts, or commentary on Trompe-l'œil.

This is cute (though I'd never wear it) and could be revised to fit the theme, but currently it's just OFF TOPIC.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

foxsable

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foxsable
Re: Take This

It IS dangerous out there...

speedlazer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages speedlazer
justinsarahjo wrote:Took me a second, but pretty funny! Should get more votes I think

Except that it's a blatant rip-off of a shirt that already exists and is currently being sold on another site. Rejectionator really isn't up to the usual overkill standard this week.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Static Kling

Thanks for the support everyone!

ladycaribou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladycaribou

n

jusasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jusasi

I love this one!

bounty42

speedlazer wrote:Except that it's a blatant rip-off of a shirt that already exists and is currently being sold on another site. Rejectionator really isn't up to the usual overkill standard this week.

It made 1 pass on Friday about 1 PM PST, that's it.

madelynejtempleton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madelynejtempleton
teacookie wrote:can that be done on pink shirt?

I believe this design can be printed on a light pink shirt. Im not fully positive tho.