bpeterson82

quality posts: 52 Private Messages bpeterson82
Re: The Green Door

uh, google the "green door las vegas" ...I live here, so any green door references are yucky...

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
CVBrennan wrote:ok i think im wrong on the color idea but im still tizzied by the censorship... i will get over it.

As yourself "Would I use this word in my Grandmother's Church?" If not, we've probably got a filter for it.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
Re: Two Sizes Too Small

Cute idea, but it's 2D with no dimensional or illusory effect whatsoever. Off topic, imho.

wolfgaidin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wolfgaidin
bounty42 wrote:This is an excellent example of what we SHOULD be seeing. I swear over half of these are off topic.

Ditto. This design is fantastic and should be the go-to example for any further submissions. GMV.

The one good thing about so many designs being off-topic is that it's easy to spot the good ones.

jwaal

quality posts: 25 Private Messages jwaal
anemality wrote:
This is that moment right before the aquarium explodes out of your chest with 10 tons of force.

Tons is a unit for mass and not force.

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy
Re: Static Kling

Okay, I totally giggled. :P

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM
Re: Paper Bird

GMV =) This would be a good shirt to wear to San Japan

FretlessM

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FretlessM
Re: Subterranean Homesick Blues

I love how he's holding the piece he just removed in his other hand =) This looks great! GMV

mrchia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchia
Re: Take This

THIS! This is awesome, and reminds me of the first time I played the original.

rock87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rock87
citizencoyote wrote:I swear I've seen this before somewhere, did you submit it to a previous derby?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/50615/breakfsat

mrchia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrchia
Re: Tendrils

Could of done a little more with the reaching out, by making the shadows shrink a little more, giving a stronger illusion.

lyokokrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyokokrill

bounty42

Re: Preparing The Night

I think this is almost the exact opposite of the theme. It's makeing a 3D object (the moon) 2D.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

jwaal wrote:Tons is a unit for mass and not force.

Tons is a unit of Wieght, Tonnes is a unit of Mass. 1 Ton on the moon is different than 1 Ton on earth. 1 Tonne is the same in both locations.

raygunnoey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raygunnoey
Re: hermann-rorschasch-little-creatures

I didn't initially notice the face the little blobs create, and it's fantastic! Wish I could vote on it!

bounty42

This is another Tough one. Awesome design. But the Fire is graphic, not realistic, which ruins the "illusion of 3D". The sword does feel like it's coming closer though. I would buy this (if I could wear anvil), but is it Trompe-l'œil.

bounty42

raygunnoey wrote:I didn't initially notice the face the little blobs create, and it's fantastic! Wish I could vote on it!

I didn't notice the face either. that's why you can't vote for it. The rule was "Create a realistic 3D image" This is an awesome image, it has a lot going for it, it couldn't be less 3D if it tried, and the artist should have held it for a better derby, or submitted it as a daily.

jlsinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlsinger

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
bounty42 wrote:I think this is almost the exact opposite of the theme. It's makeing a 3D object (the moon) 2D.

You are just watching the moon in a different way, I had to do it that way to get the effect I wanted, theres where the concept is, then you have the peeling of the label coming out of the picture in 3D as the eye trap or Trompe-l'œil.

noxandpy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noxandpy

This is absolutely STUNNING work! The perspective on the sword is right on the nose.

bounty42

Re: Breakfast

I don't see any changes here, let alone significant ones. Also, I'm not seeing "illusion of 3D" It's a great design (look how well it did before!) and has a nice quality to it, but it's not Trompe-l'œil

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
bounty42 wrote:This is another Tough one. Awesome design. But the Fire is graphic, not realistic, which ruins the "illusion of 3D". The sword does feel like it's coming closer though. I would buy this (if I could wear anvil), but is it Trompe-l'œil.

The sword is definitely Trompe-l'œil! The entire image doesn't have to be,in fact most peoples designs aren't entirely that one perspective.

anemality

quality posts: 12 Private Messages anemality
jwaal wrote:Tons is a unit for mass and not force.

You learn not to take anything I say on my submissions seriously. You really do. ;D

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

lol cling-ons!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

incredible!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
Re: Home of the Brave (resub)

It took a little work, but I got the text out of the image while keeping the concept somewhat consistent with my original idea. A little late for Memorial Day, but in plenty of time for Independence Day. ;)

I'll get to it.

svelbjorn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages svelbjorn
Re: Crossover

I laughed.

I'll get to it.

abichler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abichler
Re: Pirate Fight

Oh this? It's just a flesh wound.
It's nothing... if you think this is bad you should see the other guy!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

haha! Awesome!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Dimentional Leak

Whoa! Very cool!

strawberry144

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strawberry144
Re: Star Powered

So it is Captain America's shield in an arc reactor... <3

would buy if prints

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
Re: Knock^3 Penny

Hopefully folks will get the joke...

nicebleed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicebleed
Re: The Visitors

Hope you like it!

garners

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garners
Re: Knock^3 Penny

Bazinga!

GMV +1

trinitylea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trinitylea
Re: Paper Bird

Why can I only vote for this once?! LOOOVE!!!

effiew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages effiew
Re: Home of the Brave (resub)

The design doesn't appeal to my general style, but I had to vote because the art is IMPRESSIVE.

rockymike

quality posts: 16 Private Messages rockymike

Neat!

Yeah, so there's that...

sunnysfunny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sunnysfunny
Re: The Visitors

I want this so bad! +1

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness
Re: Star Stuff

Ever the sucker for space themes shirts, I have voted and sprinkled this entry with luck vibes. [good luck not guaranteed]

jeanvieve7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanvieve7
Re: The Green Door

LOVE this one. I want to buy it