WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

This week's Shirt.Woot sale is a beach-themed blast: classic Shirt.Woot designs are poppin' up on TANK TOPS, LIGHTWEIGHT HOODIES, totes, and tees!

But the bingo in this beach blanket party is our special offer: every Beach Bums order placed will get a free Shirt.Woot themed koozie of their very own while supplies last!

What are you waiting for? The sale ends Sunday, but free koozies wait for no one!

Quality Posts

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

Lightweight hoodies are interesting, but black defeats the purpose a little if you're trying to make it a cooler item.

The koozies are awesome, to the point where I'm trying to find something to buy, heh. And it's great to see some srsly old shirts in the mix. (Looking at Sea Chimp, Baha, and PB and Jellyfish.)

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

msklzannie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages msklzannie

It appears that for the ladies' tank sizing I have to return to my AA size (even though they don't appear to be on AA blanks).

Total woot orders: 189
Bag o.f Crap: 12/25/2010, 1/25/2011, 6/15/2011, 11/9/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/3012, 4/26/2012

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Good grief! I've been wanting CLASSIC forever and you finally bring it back, but on a tank top??? Seriously, how many have requested for all side sale designs at least to be available as a tee shirt? Are you listening? Why did you ask for feedback on side sales if you were just going to ignore it? I'm really trying not to be constantly irritated with woot, but I'm not doing a good job. Seems like all I get is more and more disappointment. In all honesty, if CLASSIC had been on an Anvil blank I'd be just as disappointed. /rant

Going to bed...

lilthne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilthne

This is probably my favorite side sale yet! I love marine critters.

Also, does anyone know what style of tank tops these are? The picture shows spaghetti strap, but I'd just like to make sure.

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Funny, I was just wearing my MM si' turtles the other day and was noticing how big it was on me. Going to the ladies sizes. How do we request a certain cozy? I really want the Blade Runner one.

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980
lilthne wrote:Also, does anyone know what style of tank tops these are? The picture shows spaghetti strap, but I'd just like to make sure.

There's both. the "L Tank Tops" are spaghetti strap, the "U Tank Tops" are unisex with the wider strap.

I'd still like to see pictures though, Woot. Interested in how high the cut is on the side for both styles.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj

I'm eyeballing the lightweight hoodies. Anybody know what manufacturer? It says from Dominican Republic.

Sizing info

wolfchik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfchik

'Lightweight Hoodie' okaaay, since there is no description other than that, not even a note about fit... -what- makes it 'lightweight'?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

skippykj wrote:I'm eyeballing the lightweight hoodies. Anybody know what manufacturer? It says from Dominican Republic.

Alternative Apparel. They're really soft and breathe nicely. Perfect for cool spring/summer nights. Or all the time if you live in Seattle.

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
tgentry wrote:Alternative Apparel. They're really soft and breathe nicely. Perfect for cool spring/summer nights. Or all the time if you live in Seattle.

Thanks for the info.

You guys should really get photos when you release prints on new clothing types and other mediums.

Coincidentally I live in Seattle, so please stop stocking me.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
skippykj wrote:Coincidentally I live in Seattle, so please stop stocking me.

Just curiously, would you like woot to stop stalking you or to stop mocking you?

I am also curious if woot will delete another post of mine from this thread. If we start from the first time this sale was posted Saturday, I think I've had seven or eight deleted so far. At least one of them was actually about the shirts, but I no longer have any idea what I might have actually said about them. Nor, at this point, will I be purchasing any of them, since woot prefers to delete my posts and cause a big ruckus.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

unbelievable.

I've been hunting the original Sea Chimp since I joined 4 years ago, and now I'll finally be able to get it!!!

thank you so much, woot. You've made my day!

ivanivanovich

quality posts: 24 Private Messages ivanivanovich

Price increase on zip-up hoodies of 16.7% after 6 months on the market. And these being the first to be advertised as light-weight, are they of less substantial fabric than before?

Unless an amazingly and astonishingly desirable design comes along, I have enough woot hoodies for the foreseeable future.

diselage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diselage

Why oh Why can't we get a bigger bag so that we could actually pack a few towels, sunscreen, etc and take this to the beach or pool.

Also i think the lost of the opportunity of woot design SHORTS was lost, hopefully next year.

Nice koozies though.

newnie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages newnie

I see the Unisex tanks are made in America, can you tell us the shirt supplier on those?

Also, when doing a "summer theme" I'd suggest using mostly light colors next time. I'm glad y'all listened to my many requests to provide tanks!

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
neuropsychosocial wrote:
I am also curious if woot will delete another post of mine from this thread. If we start from the first time this sale was posted Saturday, I think I've had seven or eight deleted so far. At least one of them was actually about the shirts, but I no longer have any idea what I might have actually said about them

All posts were deleted for the 3-4 iterations this one went through, even staff posts. I see it as a towel for the premature postulation.

move along

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku

If I could buy a pack of all three of those koozies, I'd be all over that.

I love Blair Sayer's booze label trilogy, I hope more get printed at Woot in the future.

lily1029

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lily1029

Please Woot, post some pictures of the actual products these are going to be printed on. Blank hoodies and tank tops would be fine. It would help me decide what to purchase if I could have a better idea of what I would be receiving!!

tattooedbear

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tattooedbear

Man, I might sound like a hippy, but seriously. Why these things? Land fill, here they come! They don't serve a porpoise that many people really use.

My mom would. I will in about 2 years when my hands go to pieces. But. . Isn't there something else really cheap you could make that would really promote your designs and make people go "Hey! Where did you get that kitchy item!?" :o)

goneferal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages goneferal
Jestik wrote:unbelievable.

I've been hunting the original Sea Chimp since I joined 4 years ago, and now I'll finally be able to get it!!!

thank you so much, woot. You've made my day!

I'm glad you finally got it!

newnie

lily1029 wrote:Please Woot, post some pictures of the actual products these are going to be printed on. Blank hoodies and tank tops would be fine. It would help me decide what to purchase if I could have a better idea of what I would be receiving!!

I second this plea!

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

After sleeping, which I really needed to do, I decided to order CLASSIC on the tank top. I may never have the opportunity to buy it again. I was broke when it first sold. I held out hope for random shirts, trades, and tee trade but never got it. I just hope the fit of the tank turns out to be something I can wear in public.

ETA: I promise pics and measurements to help others decide on future tank top offerings.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Not to be "that guy" (again), but shouldn't there be a link to the sale in the discussion post or is that considered circular logic?

eta:
Oh ho!
ISWYDT!
Sneaky snake.

move along

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Seriously???

No "Death drinks a Mai Tai"?!?!?!?

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/death-drinks-a-mai-tai

ADD IT!!!!

Or at least find SOME more categories it can be sold in!

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1
tattooedbear wrote:Man, I might sound like a hippy, but seriously. Why these things? Land fill, here they come! They don't serve a porpoise that many people really use.

My mom would. I will in about 2 years when my hands go to pieces. But. . Isn't there something else really cheap you could make that would really promote your designs and make people go "Hey! Where did you get that kitchy item!?" :o)

Of course they don't serve a porpoise; dolphins don't have hands nor do they typically drink out of cans/bottles. As a human who drinks beer, I will certainly use these.
Also, sorry about your hands falling apart.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

If you haven't listened to The Rifftones' "When A Man Loves A Shark", you should. And then you should buy "Be My Chum."

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens

I'm not sure what size to get for the ladies' tanks. I fit into the anvil MM/WM (although I prefer the MM fit even though I's a lady), or the AA WXL. Based on those measurements, I'd order an XL tank. But then I measured various tank tops I already own, and those seem to fall along the lines of the M. So what I'm trying to figure out is this: Do I get the size I get in tees, expecting the fabric not to stretch, or do I get the same size I have now, hoping for some stretch?

I really want the 'Be my chum' tank!!!

Narfcake

quality posts: 281 Private Messages Narfcake
tgentry wrote:Alternative Apparel. ...

Looks to be an Alternative Apparel 1970?

Ladies tank looks to be an Anvil 325

Unisex tank an American Apparel 2408

adamselby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamselby

I'd happily buy a three-pack of the koozies, I love those designs. Unfortunately, Woot won't take my money.

tgentry

Staff

The ladies spaghetti strap tank from Anvil (M):

The Unisex tank from AA (L):

Here's the heather blue version of the lightweight zip-up. The zipups in this sale are True Black (meaning no heather texture). I'm wearing a large here. I normally wear a medium, so the sleeves are a little long. It's still really comfortable though...

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
tgentry wrote:The ladies spaghetti strap tank from Anvil (M):

The Unisex tank from AA (L):

Here's the heather blue version of the lightweight zip-up. The zipups in this sale are True Black (meaning no heather texture). I'm wearing a large here. I normally wear a medium, so the sleeves are a little long. It's still really comfortable though...

Your stance and position of the left hand has that, "Draw pardner!" look.

Anyways, that said, thanks for posting the pic's, it might actually sway me on one of the LW hoodies. I could use a decent light coat for the summer, and a stylish, lightweight hoodie could do in pinch.

tgentry

Staff

bluejester wrote:
Anyways, that said, thanks for posting the pic's, it might actually sway me on one of the LW hoodies. I could use a decent light coat for the summer, and a stylish, lightweight hoodie could do in pinch.

It's great for cool but not quite cold weather (like in the 60s or so) and I'm sure will be ideal for summer nights. I "product test" them regularly.

jezebelseven

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jezebelseven

No designs catching my eye this week but I hope to see more of the lightweight hoodies in upcoming weeks.

edit: Actually, no, nevermind, they're not in 3x. Fat folks like tanks and lightweight hoodies too, woot.

Trade with me on TeeTrade!
THINK OF THE PATHOGENS!!!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
tgentry wrote:It's great for cool but not quite cold weather (like in the 60s or so) and I'm sure will be ideal for summer nights. I "product test" them regularly.

I thought LW hoodies were Seattle jackets. I think that means I'm still doing it right.

I'm just hanging out, really.

bluejester

quality posts: 558 Private Messages bluejester
inkycatz wrote:I thought LW hoodies were Seattle jackets. I think that means I'm still doing it right.

I use to live in California, but I'm still considered "an out of towner" though I've lived in Colorado for over 15 years. All simply because I can't/won't wear shorts in the winter-time when the weather is in the 20's to 30's.

newnie

tgentry thank you so much for posting the blanks!

Also, thanks to woot for giving us tank tops - in two styles too, thanks for that - really!

I think I'm going to try the unisex tank out with "I Do Not Approve" although there are several of the shirt designs I would have rather had on a unisex tank.

Is there any reason why you don't print tees, ladies tanks, and unisex tanks in all designs?

Also, tgentry - please pass along the "more light colors in tanks" suggestion

ochopika

quality posts: 25 Private Messages ochopika
tgentry wrote:It's great for cool but not quite cold weather (like in the 60s or so) and I'm sure will be ideal for summer nights. I "product test" them regularly.

Perfect for Maine, too! It's been rainy and 50 degrees for at least a solid week... that's ok, it should get consistently warm by August :P.
It would be nice to have one of those in a lighter color sometime, though the designs on black do look nice.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr
sheens wrote:I'm not sure what size to get for the ladies' tanks. I fit into the anvil MM/WM (although I prefer the MM fit even though I's a lady), or the AA WXL. Based on those measurements, I'd order an XL tank. But then I measured various tank tops I already own, and those seem to fall along the lines of the M. So what I'm trying to figure out is this: Do I get the size I get in tees, expecting the fabric not to stretch, or do I get the same size I have now, hoping for some stretch?

I really want the 'Be my chum' tank!!!

I'm exactly in your size position. I opted for the WXL for the "Be my chum". I need a little extra room in the chest area (if you know what I mean), so I didn't want to run the risk of too tight in a strappy tank top like this.

I also ordered the "Some Motivation Required" hoodie, and opted for L on that, after significant measuring and trying on of other shirts (I wanted it a little roomy).

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

sheens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheens
mkdr wrote:I'm exactly in your size position. I opted for the WXL for the "Be my chum". I need a little extra room in the chest area (if you know what I mean), so I didn't want to run the risk of too tight in a strappy tank top like this.

I also ordered the "Some Motivation Required" hoodie, and opted for L on that, after significant measuring and trying on of other shirts (I wanted it a little roomy).

I'm still undecided on sizing. I'd hate to go too big and have it look sloppy, but I definitely don't want it to fit so tight that I'll never wear it out of the house. I think I'll pull out a few other tanks that I have and measure those. I want the 'Motivation' hoodie too. And maybe the 'Chum' tote, just 'cause it's so cute!