cirithungul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cirithungul

I ordered a Cthulhu Apron and paid (like a fool) to have it delivered LAST Thursday...still says it hasn't been shipped...so...where is my apron and my money back? Both are required at this point....there are alot of other shirt stores I can go to.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
cirithungul wrote:I ordered a Cthulhu Apron and paid (like a fool) to have it delivered LAST Thursday...still says it hasn't been shipped...so...where is my apron and my money back? Both are required at this point....there are alot of other shirt stores I can go to.

Did you email service@woot.com? That's the best way to get info regarding any issues you are having.

tman2088

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tman2088
cirithungul wrote:I ordered a Cthulhu Apron and paid (like a fool) to have it delivered LAST Thursday...still says it hasn't been shipped...so...where is my apron and my money back? Both are required at this point....there are alot of other shirt stores I can go to.

Sorry for the wait. Per the sales advertisement, these orders are not to begin shipping out until Wednesday, June 6th.

cirithungul

So than why was there a choice to pay extra for next day shipping? Seems rather foolish foolic.
I'm assuming money back?

tman2088 wrote:Sorry for the wait. Per the sales advertisement, these orders are not to begin shipping out until Wednesday, June 6th.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
cirithungul wrote:So than why was there a choice to pay extra for next day shipping? Seems rather foolish foolic.
I'm assuming money back?

Can't say Woot did anything wrong here, as this note was on the page:

Orders begin shipping Wednesday, June 6

It takes us a little while to make all this stuff. So if you pay extra for upgraded shipping, you'll still get your stuff faster than if you opt for free shipping - but it won't be anything like overnight.

You'll get your apron faster ... and that's it. My experience with the side sales and free shipping is that it's about 2 weeks from order to my mailbox.

cirithungul

Narfcake wrote:Can't say Woot did anything wrong here, as this note was on the page:

It takes us a little while to make all this stuff. So if you pay extra for upgraded shipping, you'll still get your stuff faster than if you opt for free shipping - but it won't be anything like overnight.

You'll get your apron faster ... and that's it. My experience with the side sales and free shipping is that it's about 2 weeks from order to my mailbox.

How can you say woot did nothing wrong when it had a choice that specificly said I would have it by Thursday? That is false and incorrect information from their sales site...

Narfcake

cirithungul wrote:How can you say woot did nothing wrong when it had a choice that specificly said I would have it by Thursday? That is false and incorrect information from their sales site...

June 7 is a Thursday.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
cirithungul wrote:How can you say woot did nothing wrong when it had a choice that specificly said I would have it by Thursday? That is false and incorrect information from their sales site...

Shipping doesn't start until June 6th. Today is the 5th. Overnight means you should get it June 7th, which is this coming Thursday. Are you posting from the future?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

cirithungul

Mavyn wrote:Shipping doesn't start until June 6th. Today is the 5th. Overnight means you should get it June 7th, which is this coming Thursday. Are you posting from the future?

I now see I must be blatantly obvious on this site for you people....It specifically says "expected to arrive Thursday MAY 31" so...woot is wrong and I need money back. Thank you.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

No clue where it says that. Everything on the sale page says what Narf posted, that they won't start shipping until June 6th.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
cirithungul wrote:I now see I must be blatantly obvious on this site for you people....It specifically says "expected to arrive Thursday MAY 31" so...woot is wrong and I need money back. Thank you.

A) Sniping at the other pleebs won't win you any awards, or really do anything but piss off the pleebs.

2) All serious Inquiries to this matter *MUST* be resolved by email to service@woot.com. We're more than happy to listen to your complaints, provided you see point A, but we couldn't actually do anything, even if you were right.

III) Please see http://shirt.woot.com/plus/king-of-the-grill-1
or this screen shot:

If you saw a different date on a different location, do send any proof of that you have to woot. If you saw it on a confirmation screen, leave beta feedback as well, since that would likely be a beta issue, and a real pisser of a one at that.

five) Thank you, and have a pleasant day here at Woooooot America.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

Narfcake

bounty42 wrote:(snip)

You missed numero quatro.) The customer is not always right.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
cirithungul wrote:I now see I must be blatantly obvious on this site for you people....It specifically says "expected to arrive Thursday MAY 31" so...woot is wrong and I need money back. Thank you.

I doubt they are going to miss your 3-9 purchases a year. no one here is going to sympathize with you, you didn't read the fine print, that's on you, not woot.

cirithungul

Leahbh wrote:I doubt they are going to miss your 3-9 purchases a year. no one here is going to sympathize with you, you didn't read the fine print, that's on you, not woot.

Yes I only work for a few companies and schools and theatre groups who buy many things here and at other sites...it would have no effect at all. Thank you for your half a cent.

cirithungul

Narfcake wrote:You missed numero quatro.) The customer is not always right.

Not always, but in this case I am...all that matters to me.

bounty42

Narfcake wrote:You missed numero quatro.) The customer is not always right.

Come on Narf, you know you shall not count to four, neither shall you count to two excepting you then proceed immediately to three. Five is right out.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

cirithungul

bounty42 wrote:A) Sniping at the other pleebs won't win you any awards, or really do anything but piss off the pleebs.

2) All serious Inquiries to this matter *MUST* be resolved by email to service@woot.com. We're more than happy to listen to your complaints, provided you see point A, but we couldn't actually do anything, even if you were right.

III) Please see http://shirt.woot.com/plus/king-of-the-grill-1
or this screen shot:

If you saw a different date on a different location, do send any proof of that you have to woot. If you saw it on a confirmation screen, leave beta feedback as well, since that would likely be a beta issue, and a real pisser of a one at that.

five) Thank you, and have a pleasant day here at Woooooot America.

1. It says tell us straight we can take it in many locations...plus they snipe as well so I respond in a like manor. Maybe they need your training?

2. It said that I would get faster response to my questions by coming here.

3. It said the date when I ordered and now it says it in my purchases. Right next to waiting to be shipped.

5. Thank you for fixing the issue and your handling of it.

cirithungul

bounty42 wrote:Come on Narf, you know you shall not count to four, neither shall you count to two excepting you then proceed immediately to three. Five is right out.

Nice movie quote

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
cirithungul wrote:Not always, but in this case I am...all that matters to me.

You're not right. Woot staff has made contact with you, and the volunteer community mentors have provided you with the evidence that you misunderstood when the side sale items would ship. It wasn't even in fine print; it was in fairly large print.

cirithungul wrote:
2. It said that I would get faster response to my questions by coming here.

We already know that you lack reading comprehension, so it doesn't surprise me that you missed the part where "it" says you may not like the answers that you receive.

As for the rest of you: you guys, let's stop feeding the troll, eh? Bounty, please retrieve all Monty Python jokes and proceed immediately to the Wreckoning thread.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

bounty42

cirithungul wrote:Not always, but in this case I am...all that matters to me.

Please present the proof. Which screen, which listing? Do you have an email with that date, or a screen shot including it?

Also, send this info to Service@woot.com and the beta feedback button at the top of the screen.

Most of those who woot daily were aware of the time delay as it's been present in the side sales for the last 4 months, but I can see where someone who hasn't purchased from a side sale yet could miss that. If there's anyone else who's reading this who also dropped for the expedited shipping and has a date other than 6/7/2012 for their delivery, please chime in, and give us any proof you have as well.

Woot Customer Service has always gone beyond from what I've seen, provided you've got a shred of anything.

cirithungul

bounty42 wrote:Please present the proof. Which screen, which listing? Do you have an email with that date, or a screen shot including it?

Also, send this info to Service@woot.com and the beta feedback button at the top of the screen.

Most of those who woot daily were aware of the time delay as it's been present in the side sales for the last 4 months, but I can see where someone who hasn't purchased from a side sale yet could miss that. If there's anyone else who's reading this who also dropped for the expedited shipping and has a date other than 6/7/2012 for their delivery, please chime in, and give us any proof you have as well.

Woot Customer Service has always gone beyond from what I've seen, provided you've got a shred of anything.

For you...I will do what I can to help and will write a nice letter of your helpfulness and good handling of a situation and customer. I hope you go far.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
bounty42 wrote:Five is right out.

I resent that.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

bounty42

cirithungul wrote:For you...I will do what I can to help and will write a nice letter of your helpfulness and good handling of a situation and customer. I hope you go far.

Just so you know, only people in BLUE actually work here. So the following comments came from Woot:

tman2088 wrote:Sorry for the wait. Per the sales advertisement, these orders are not to begin shipping out until Wednesday, June 6th.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS FROM A CUSTOMER

bounty42 is a DBA for a California Public Health Agency.

neuropsychosocial is a teacher, and more critical of Woot's ineptitude than you are

Narfcake does something with Disney, but as a consultant, or something

The others are smart enough not to talk about themselves so much...

j5

I'm a robot, but not a Wootbot.

neuropsychosocial

bounty42 wrote:Just so you know, only people in BLUE actually work here.

My avatar is wearing blue. Does that mean I'm a woot staffer?

Narfcake does something with Disney, but as a consultant, or something

Narfcake actually plays Mickey Mouse at Disneyland, hence his well-known refusal to buy woot shirts with cats on them.

The others are smart enough not to talk about themselves so much...

Oh, that's not true now. Goldenthorn is a landscape engineer, citizencoyote works for a non-profit community organization dedicated to reintroducing said felines into urban areas, grahamcrackercoyote taste-tests for Nabisco, TheGolux develops light bulbs for GE... Who else?

neuropsychosocial is a teacher

Technically, I figure out what's wrong with people. I also teach other people how to figure out what's wrong with people.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester
neuropsychosocial wrote:Technically, I figure out what's wrong with people. I also teach other people how to figure out what's wrong with people.

I sell propane and propane accessories.

bounty42

j5

bluejester wrote:I sell propane and propane accessories.

I'm Laotian, you dumb redneck!

Narfcake

neuropsychosocial wrote:Narfcake actually plays Mickey Mouse at Disneyland, hence his well-known refusal to buy woot shirts with cats on them.

Yep! And man, did I screw up here!

(I missed a few shirts. ^_^)

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh, that's not true now. Goldenthorn is a landscape engineer, citizencoyote works for a non-profit community organization dedicated to reintroducing said felines into urban areas, grahamcrackercoyote taste-tests for Nabisco, TheGolux develops light bulbs for GE... Who else?

Mmmm...Nabisco taste-testing...

neuropsychosocial

Narfcake, you know that I know, right? Occasionally, your earnestness about shirts collides with my dry sense of humor and I can't tell if we're playing in the same sandbox.

j5 wrote:This thread is like a Zoetrope. Watching the posts flicker in and out of existence.

Heh, I hadn't noticed it's being moderated on the fly. This gets better and better! Bounty, thanks for the screenshots; I missed a lot while I was over helping people buy from shirts from sites other than woot.

bounty42 wrote:Crap, they're editing a thread I'm flying in and I'm missing it?? Am I still making sense?

I'm fairly certain that making sense is not the point of this thread.

dcroe05

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dcroe05
Narfcake wrote:Can't say Woot did anything wrong here, as this note was on the page:

The misdirected and unwarranted anger, and haughty sense of self importance, aside...I've done a little research and the OP might have a point.

Follow my steps to see the problem:

1. Go to the current Side Sale. The sidebar says "...all orders will begin shipping Wednesday, JUNE 13th."

2. Now click on any item in the side sale.

3. Select a quantity and size and click the "Buy Now" button. Don't worry, we won't complete the sale.

4. Now look at the selectable shipping methods. The second option says "One-Day
Get it Thursday, 6/7."

Until Woot clears this up, they really are kinda on the hook for these mistakes.

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Hey gang, I believe our service folks have been in touch and, hopefully, found a resolution. Thanks for the assists!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

bounty42

neuropsychosocial wrote:<Stuff that can't be quoted.>

To be fair I compiled that from like 4 different threads to show colors...

bounty42

dcroe05 wrote:...I've done a little research and the OP might have a point.

Follow my steps to see the problem:

1. Go to the current Side Sale.
2. Now click on any item in the side sale.
3. Select a quantity and size and click the "Buy Now" button.
4. Now look at the selectable shipping methods. The second option says "One-Day
Get it Thursday, 6/7."

Zapped this to beta feedback. Where else should it go?

dasknave

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dasknave
neuropsychosocial wrote:Oh, that's not true now. ... Who else?

Ooo Ooo do me!