Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Fantastic shirt. Assuming the order processes (been thinking on processing screen for 4 minutes now), this will be the first shirt I've gotten from here since Oct 2010. Despite buying a few dozen at launch, just hasn't been one in a long time I felt like buying.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

GonzoTom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GonzoTom
Ozzie2191 wrote:..Assuming the order processes (been thinking on processing screen for 4 minutes now)..

I had the same issue for the past few shirts I have bought since the beta page launch. The order processing page seems broken.. just stays and thinks. Check your account, I'd be willing to bet the order is already processed.

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191
GonzoTom wrote:I had the same issue for the past few shirts I have bought since the beta page launch. The order processing page seems broken.. just stays and thinks. Check your account, I'd be willing to bet the order is already processed.

Yup, showing on the order page. I do hope it goes through, as I'll enjoy the cleverness of the shirt.

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

bestsportnascar

quality posts: 23 Private Messages bestsportnascar

Good job. This is the first one I have bought in a long time.

a3wills

quality posts: 2 Private Messages a3wills

Does this shirt come with one of those iron suit thingies?

psycholagny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psycholagny

Next I want a Dr. Horrible/Thor crossover.

THE MJOLNIR IS MY... !

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

With the layout of the design, it almost looks like a Captain America reference as well.

krandaller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krandaller
vielleicht wrote:So, I voted for this in the derby, and I really really really want to buy it...but I was a WS/WM in the old shirts and Anvil doesn't fit.

Same! It kills me that I can't buy this--the design is amazing. Congrats, rasabi!

cjablons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjablons

sarthen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarthen

Sorry for being "that guy", but I haven't been compelled to purchase since the blanks switch.. and.. the Star Power compels me..

Does anyone have the old sizing chart for men? I could only find the old womens chart. (Yeah, I know, I typically just ordered L and was fine with it..)

edgarjauregui

quality posts: 0 Private Messages edgarjauregui

They handed out this same exact iron man shirt at comic con a few years back, and it GLOWED! i wish this one did too

4khaos

quality posts: 8 Private Messages 4khaos

Is it just me? I like the design, but it looks slightly left-of-center.

glorinmann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glorinmann
4khaos wrote:Is it just me? I like the design, but it looks slightly left-of-center.

My thoughts exactly.
It doesn't seem as centered as it should be.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
glorinmann wrote:My thoughts exactly.
It doesn't seem as centered as it should be.

Y'know, I'm not entirely seeing it but I'm generally off center as it is. So I asked about it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Ozzie2191 wrote:Yup, showing on the order page. I do hope it goes through, as I'll enjoy the cleverness of the shirt.

YAY. If anyone has any ordering issues, let us know ASAP! We want folks to be able to get what they want!

I'm just hanging out, really.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

inkycatz wrote:Y'know, I'm not entirely seeing it but I'm generally off center as it is. So I asked about it.

Hey guys, I checked in on this. This was an error in setting up the sale images, centering on the design rather than the circle. There's about a 1/3" discrepancy between the two. Our production guy nudged his file over a bit and says it looks centered on the shirt (with the usual disclaimers of normal deviation, etc.) So I'm pretty sure it'll look fine. I'll get the sales images fixed. Thanks for spotting that!

psycholagny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages psycholagny
4khaos wrote:Is it just me? I like the design, but it looks slightly left-of-center.

Technically speaking, the heart is slightly off center, so it would definitely cause more harm than good, imo.

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
yduras wrote:(I do understand why this doesn't use the glow ink, though - there's only one shade of glow in the dark ink, so it would not lend itself well to the subtle shading used in this design.)

Also:

2) Glow in the Dark ink is not available for Derby Prints

III) The Theme was "image looks 3D" glow in the dark ink wouldn't have helped it in this instance.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

GarouDiams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GarouDiams
mistamoose wrote:Iron Patriot?

Yeah... great job Norman. Too stupid to figure out the repulsor armor and has to design a nerfed power supply shape. Sheesh

bounty42

sarthen wrote:Does anyone have the old sizing chart for men? I could only find the old womens chart. (Yeah, I know, I typically just ordered L and was fine with it..)

The code is 0=AA 1=Anvil, M W K

so http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart/tee/000 is all AA

http://shirt.woot.com/sizingchart/tee/111 is all Anvil

Chest is same, length is slightly lower, Anvils may shrink more so consider an XL if you don't mind it a bit baggy just it case it doesn't shrink.

■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

darkgenocide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkgenocide

I tried it again first thing in the morning and my order went through successfully. Thanks to the staff for being quick and responsive. Can't wait to get the star-k reactor shirt!... Bad pun, but I regret nothing.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!!!!!!! So totally bought. I love this more than you can possibly imagine.

Here's to hoping the halftones come out nicely in print! Either way, I will wear the heck out of this shirt.

miyuna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miyuna

This shirt is super relevant to my interests. *.* I love how it looks so much like it's underneath the shirt. It looks awesomely 3-D, but too bad the glow-in-the-dark wouldn't work for it. That would make it so much cooler.

joeakrazo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeakrazo

Is it me or is the reactor placed a little high and close to the collar?

Would buy, but based on the placement on the sample shirt... I will have to pass.

Crono139

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crono139
joeakrazo wrote:Is it me or is the reactor placed a little high and close to the collar?

Would buy, but based on the placement on the sample shirt... I will have to pass.

Looks fine here:
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/9a59015f-14a3-47f5-8790-05567b04a844.jpg

bounty42

Crono139 wrote:Looks fine here:

That's an artist's mock up, not the actual shirt.

joeakrazo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeakrazo
Crono139 wrote:Looks fine here:

That's perfect placement, but as mentioned above it's artist rendition.

tgentry wrote:Hey guys, I checked in on this. This was an error in setting up the sale images, centering on the design rather than the circle. There's about a 1/3" discrepancy between the two. Our production guy nudged his file over a bit and says it looks centered on the shirt (with the usual disclaimers of normal deviation, etc.) So I'm pretty sure it'll look fine. I'll get the sales images fixed. Thanks for spotting that!

This one mentioned that it's a website image issue... Hmm.

riftsilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riftsilver

Wow sweet,"Just what I needed"

I was in need of a good shirt like this.

Too bad it isn't glow in the dark. I would have bought like 4 if it was haha. This would make good gifts for my friends. Very creative design.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

I agree with many of the comments posted here - I haven't bought anything for 3 months because of the Anvil shirts. They're really boxy and shrunk so much lengthwise that they are even MORE boxy. This is the first design I've seen that has made me want one bad enough to overcome that... but I'm still waffling because the design looks SO high up. The artist's mockup was good with the design about 3" - 4" below the edge of the collar. However, the sale model appears to be set only 1" below the collar. That is nowhere near where a heart replacement should be.

I'd love if someone from woot could clarify for us whether the model image is correct *with regards to HEIGHT placement*.

wittwill4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wittwill4

This shirt would be great as a Beach Bum Tank! Make it happen please. haha.

bellavore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellavore

This would have been my first Woot ever, but it denied me. ;_;

granilithe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages granilithe
wittwill4 wrote:This shirt would be great as a Beach Bum Tank! Make it happen please. haha.

Oh oh it so does. That would be so Stark I would buy it in an instant just like I did with this.

MrMidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrMidget

a new character in smash bros?

the iron mario

honkngoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages honkngoose

I bought the shirt but I too am really hoping that the actual image is a bit lower where the heart should be rather than right under the collar. I'll be very disappointed if it's printed like the pic currently shows.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First sale number posting
Speed to First Woot: 0m 50.661s
First Sucker: jigarp22
Last Wooter to Woot: colinsparks
Last Purchase Time: 4:59 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 21.773s
Woots Sold: 3969

Second sale number posting
Speed to First Woot: 2m 47.220s
First Sucker: vaiyl
Last Wooter to Woot: colinsparks
Last Purchase Time: 4:59 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 43.445s
Woots Sold: 1980

Third sales number posting
Speed to First Woot: 2m 47.220s
First Sucker: vaiyl
Last Wooter to Woot: swordman69
Last Purchase Time: 5:08 AM Central Time
Order Pace: 0m 43.666s
Woots Sold: 1983

Beginning sale changed (not good)
Sales look reasonable for type of shirt (good?)
Sales @$15 up right away (very good)
Central time still GMT, Zulu or Reykjavik time (not good)
The Reckoning? (do I give up?)
Woots sold halved by ten after the hour (very not good)

First day sales: 3969, 1980 or -1

I need a drink!

mattlussier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlussier

great shirt. it has been 7 months since i pulled the trigger on another woot shirt, but i couldn't pass this up.
great concept and great design chops to get "the look"
hoping the placement is closer to rasabi derby entry, and not that high up on the shirt like woots preview...

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
TheGolux wrote:

First day sales: 3969, 1980 or -1

I need a drink!

Not sure if it is absolutely accurate, but the number I came up with from my sales page was 3877

It currently reads 3889.

meant2live218

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meant2live218
bishounenizer wrote:You know what would make this shirt 10 times cooler?

If it glowed in the dark.

Dear God. This was exactly what I had hoped for it, and finding out it doesn't is a crushing blow. Bought it anyways.

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi

Hey everybody! I sent a message off to tgentry to see if they can adjust the preview image again... as the original one, while slightly off center, was correct in its height placement, I am assuming that is how the shirts will print (lower).

shocktherapy91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shocktherapy91

Since the start of the derby it was in, I wanted it. I voted for it and waited all week hoping it would win. then I saw the picture of where it's placed. I'm waiting to see that it's actually fixed before I buy it. I want it so bad, but I don't want to buy it and see that it is in fact that high up on the collar...