Re: Velociraptor with a Ray Gun

Cheers draco18s and Thirdbase9!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The cow had some help...

Thanks smatzke and tropics2!

haresstixs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haresstixs
Anglave wrote:I would be much more interested by this shirt if it said "they're" instead of "their".

...and they have "the" spelled "teh"; I just wish they kept with the theme and spelled "best" as "bahst"

lucky1988

Re: Sugar Frosted Binary Bits (V2)

cheers ziaal and flibitboat!

lucky1988

Re: Springtime is for lovers

cheers i2digress!

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
Re: Goodbye Earth

maybe this would have done better in the December Double take?

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

bounty42

quality posts: 15 Private Messages bounty42
tjschaeffer wrote:Ah-ha. For a second I thought maybe I made up the 180 days business. Good to know. Thanks for the clarification, kevlar!

Its 180 or woot informs you they're no longer interested. Can't link to the exact wording now because it's only available while submissions are live.

Numquam minoris aestimo potentia stultis, maxime in magna coetus
------------------------------------
■(1:40 PM, 7/27/2012) bounty42 quips, "Forget Guest Editor, what we need is a Guest Rejectionator."
■(10:40 AM, 6/21/2012 ) bounty42 inquires, "Is it just me, or do we not typically get this many Editors Choice shirts?"
■(2:02 PM, 6/15/2012) bounty42 runs numbers.
■(10:40 AM, 6/7/2012) bounty42 dispenses wisdom for all those 'too late' naysayers, "A woot shirt is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when it means to."
■(3:20 PM, 5/18/2012) bounty42 states, "The turtle is very cute, and I love the smug look he's got."

plainyoghurt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plainyoghurt
Re: Plight of the Breakfast Egg

day seven, last chance.

expo01

quality posts: 10 Private Messages expo01
Re: The Writer

Amazing work! +1

jabberwok

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabberwok
Re: Not now, chewie

Never try to beat a Wookiee with a rolled-up newspaper... He'll just pull your arms out of their sockets. Let the Wookiee sleep.

smile1200

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smile1200
Re: When I Grow Up

soooo freaking cute!!! love it

tweeter78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweeter78

I need this shirt as I am trying to amass the largest Monty Python t-shirt collection ever. I wear Woot shirts to the gym every day and like to amuse the trainers! This would fill a nice 2nd Thursday of the month void.

Re: Tough to Please

sombrillo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sombrillo
Re: the bleue dragonfly

Thanks for your nice comments!

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
nunyobusiness wrote:It's just a flesh wound but it's a great must have shirt.

Thanks, nunyobusiness!

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
tweeter78 wrote:I need this shirt as I am trying to amass the largest Monty Python t-shirt collection ever. I wear Woot shirts to the gym every day and like to amuse the trainers! This would fill a nice 2nd Thursday of the month void.

You can never have too many Monty Python shirts (hey woot, great idea for a side sale!).

Thanks for the support, tweeter78

curlytina

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curlytina

This is a beautiful design, but the cattails look somewhat phallic and now I can't get it out of my head.

Re: the bleue dragonfly

magicwill25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magicwill25

Morbid? It's amazing. It's such a unique idea, plus, it's sci-fi. You'd rather have a shirt of cats playing games than something like this?

bounty42 wrote:This was for the Space derby. I personally found it a bit morbid, but it seems to be doing well on it's second chance.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
bounty42 wrote:Its 180 or woot informs you they're no longer interested. Can't link to the exact wording now because it's only available while submissions are live.

Taken from the shirt.woot faq -

I was honored with an Honorable Mention…now what?"Now what?" "Now what?" Now you've got a new lease on life, that's "now what". We'll automatically enter your design in our Double-Take Derby, where our favorite non-winning Derby entries vie for redemption from the public that rejected them the first time. Unless you don't want us to. If you'd rather take your design and go home after the allotted 60 days is up, please do. We didn't like it that much anyway. Just let us know at derby@woot.com so we don't put it up for voting and have to reject our own Honorable Mention. We don't appreciate being made to appear foolish.

----
It's 60 days but they've mentioned before that if it doesn't make it after all the HMs and ECs of a double take its fair game too unless they specifically email you.

tjost

Re: He Shot NARWHALS!

This makes me smile every time, though I wish the fonts on the podium were hand drawn like the other letters and numbers. Makes them seem a little out of place

tjost

Re: The Writer

This is really nice. I must have been out of town for the poetry derby because I don't remember this or any of the other ones that didnt print :S

tjost

Re: Goodbye Earth

This is a very powerful piece and I like it very much. A quick critique though. The hands seem a little off. The right one reaching out isn't too bad but an astronauts gloves make the fingers chunkier then you have displayed. Remember space is cold, chunky = insulation

The left hand is the one buggin me though.It seems an odd shape and the palm/base of the hand looks too long/extruded. Where the base of the fingers of the glove start looks off too especially when compared to the right handed glove.

Other then that I really like it. Awesome color scheme and moving imagery. Keep it up

tjost

Re: Iris Nouveau

Beautiful, as is per your usual

tjost

Re: Parley

I love your work Mr Pants

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb
chellemonkey wrote:Looking at this shirt again (which I really really want) got me thinking. If this is supposed to be Stannis, Joffery, and Robb, wouldn't Stannis have the "Baratheon dark hair"? That's the whole reason they knew Joffrey wasn't Robert's child....

According to the original derby thread, this is Robb, Ned, and Tyrion (with his back to us).

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid
Re: The Game Is A-foot!

This must print!!! I absolutely have to have one...

jeanvieve7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanvieve7
Re: One Number To Rule Them All

I don't get the significance of the number 20?

tjost

jeanvieve7 wrote:I don't get the significance of the number 20?

In role playing games (RPGs) a roll of a natural 20 on a 20 sided die is usually considered a critical success. Meaning not only did your level 7 Wood Elf archer just hit the goblin he was aiming at, he then had his arrow pass through the other 3 goblins behind him, make a hard right bank, sever the ropes that were securing the elf princess they had kidnapped, richochet off of a tree and fly back into his quiver.... or something like that.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
Re: Hidden

Thank You's to everyone out there who have voted for my design,to those who have contacted me directly and given me encouragement and wonderful comments on it, and for all of you who have shared the link with others to help get the vote out. Thank You All,It is much appreciated.

heckbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heckbird
lucky1988 wrote:Thanks for all the support everyone!

If it doesn't print, I would love to know if you're going to offer it elsewhere. A friend and I both are in LOVE with this.

jtweetyone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtweetyone
heckbird wrote:If it doesn't print, I would love to know if you're going to offer it elsewhere. A friend and I both are in LOVE with this.

yes, would def love to get this and at least 20 for all my friends.... Christmas shopping... check

officeink

This is adorable!

officeink

This is adorable!

officeink

Re: In Darkness

This design is gorgeous! I just love it! It will make an awesome tee! GMV!

melindu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melindu
Re: Sneaky Thief

I love this design!!! I want it to win so bad just so I can have it

dijay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijay

Thanks everyone!

tanner92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tanner92
magicwill25 wrote:Morbid? It's amazing. It's such a unique idea, plus, it's sci-fi. You'd rather have a shirt of cats playing games than something like this?

Yes, yes I would like a shirt with cats playing games on them. This shirt's design is excellent and very detailed, but morbid at the same time. Glad to see that it is still in the fog.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
Re: Pip-squeak

I really thought I would be buying this shirt tomorrow... sad...

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
klynb wrote:According to the original derby thread, this is Robb, Ned, and Tyrion (with his back to us).

That doesn't even make any sense! 1. Ned wasn't blonde 2. He didn't ever want the throne (could have had it to begin with but gave it to Robert)
Tyrion doesn't seem to want the throne but is very intent on protecting it. It makes more sense that the front one is Joffrey because he is a kid which deals with the stature issue, is blonde, and is actually fighting for the throne.

chellemonkey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages chellemonkey
klynb wrote:According to the original derby thread, this is Robb, Ned, and Tyrion (with his back to us).

Ugh, looking at the original thread it does look like it is supposed to be Ned, Robb, and Tyrion. Which is causing me to remove my vote because Ned and Robb would never be competing against each other. The only reason Robb became King of the North is because of what they did to Ned. Before that he was happy to be in charge of Winterfell.